AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-07-08, 13:46   Link #1
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Banner design?

Okay, so this may or may not be something I can actually post here, but... It doesn't seem that there is any other board on this forum appropriate for this, and this IS the "General Chat" board for things other than anime, bittorrent, etc...

Anyway...

I am hoping that some of y'all here are very good at graphic design. Like making banners and such...

Can someone here direct me to a user that's very good at graphic design or to another forum where there are people who do small graphic design work for free?

I am finishing up a website for a student organization I'm in and I just flat suck at graphic design, and the only real thing the site is lacking right now is a banner. I just need a simple, nice banner to go at the top of all of my pages on the site. Nothing overly fancy. Just looks nice and does its job.

Thanks ahead of time! I really appreciate it!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 13:52   Link #2
kayos
RETIRED

Why not drop in the Fan Creations Area, surely they'll be someone there that'll help you... if not you could always pm me as a last resort for help.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 14:10   Link #3
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Strictly speaking banners are not "Fan Creations", however, as kayos points out this is the section of the forum in which you are likely to find people with the skills you seek -- so I've moved the thread here. We have a lot of skilled people on the forum, so provided you are respectful about how you utilise their talents, I'll allow the thread.
Old 2007-07-08, 14:18   Link #4
JagdPanther

Yeah, I was thinking about putting here but the site is definitely not in any way, shape, or form related to anime/manga/etc. so I placed it in General Chat.

Old 2007-07-08, 23:25   Link #5
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I think some of the people [not me, I fail ^__^;] can help you.

But I think it'd be hard to help if people have no idea what it is about.

Why don't you give the details and see who comes up with the best result?
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 07:01   Link #6
JagdPanther

It's pretty simple, really.

Just needs the words "Paternoville Coordination Committee" in either white or blue (preferably dark blue... and the background would be, correspondingly, the opposite color of the one chosen for lettering) and incorporate the Penn State University logo and a tent somehow.

It's kinda hard to explain. That's why I kinda left it open. I was hoping someone would jump at this and I could then explain it a bit more in-depth... Like I said, it's kinda hard to explain, but in the end, it's rather simple.

If someone were to want to help me, I could probably find the words to explain it more in-depth. Right now I'm struggling to do so. And plus I'd show them the Soft Opening of the website so they get an idea of what the organization is about so maybe that would help explain the banner.

Old 2007-07-09, 08:41   Link #7
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post

But I think it'd be hard to help if people have no idea what it is about.

Why don't you give the details and see who comes up with the best result?
I would have to agree with OceanBlue, it might be wise to post your entire guidelines w/ the link to your newly developed site.

Just a thought, if you were to display something and decided to leave it under the table until someone asked, chances are people will just pass by not knowing what to expect.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 09:03   Link #8
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Are there specific dimensions you need it at?
Old 2007-07-09, 09:31   Link #9
JagdPanther

www.clubs.psu.edu/up/paternoville

That's the website, btw.

Yeah, I understand. I'm just trying to put to words what I envision.

The banner would be in the top. I will remove the PSU logo at the top left, so that is technically open space, too.

Old 2007-07-09, 13:58   Link #10
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

A certain pixel size?
Old 2007-07-10, 02:55   Link #11
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it but u need tents in the banner? o__O

yea and like Ocean said whats the dimensions for ur banner for ur site?

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 18:27   Link #12
JagdPanther

The pixel size is about 715x150. (EDIT: My fellow coder said 720x160).

And, well... Tents may not need to be in it. Maybe just a PSU theme with navy blue and white and the PSU logo shadowed in the background under text with the organization name would do... The reason I suggested a tent is because that's what our organization is about. We're the student organization that represents the students who camp out in front of Beaver Stadium each week in the fall in order to obtain first row seats for home football games (yes, it's that worth it. )

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2007-07-10 at 22:37.