AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-07-06, 18:23   Link #1
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Anyone use Megui?

Umm I have a problem. Like for 10 months I have been encoding anime with using megui. Everything was fine until one day I couldn't encode anymore or the files is out of sync. When I try to open a file to encode, it usually saids it doesn't work. Also, when I look at the script, I notice that right after the Framerate it said "audio=false". It is not suppose to be audio=false right? It should be "convertfps=true". I tried encoding that when I erased the words "audio=false" and replaced it with "convertfps=true" and it still give me the out of audio problem. Can anyone help?
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 18:30   Link #2
martino
makes no files now

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to encode just the video then keep it at DirectShowSource("c:\path\to\video.xxx", convertfps=true, audio=false). If you want to process the audio too, then you need to leave audio=true or just leave it blank since IIRC the boolean is set to true as default. (Now, wouldn't fps=xx.xxx have to be there too? I'm not familiar with MeGUI's AviSynth script creator...)

However if you want proper help you need to tell us what error it gives you.
Old 2007-07-06, 18:54   Link #3
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Ok I will show you what it saids. This is the AviSynth script for one of my encodes. This is done before if it is encoded.

Code:
DirectShowSource("C:\Program Files\BitComet\Downloads\[Kedex]Nanatsuiro_Drops_01[097D2655][Xvid].avi",fps=23.9759856527702,audio=false)
#deinterlace
#crop
LanczosResize(608,336) # Lanczos (Sharp)
#denoise

ConvertToYV12()
See it is audio=false. I try to encode it just that way and it gets an error and you can't encode it, SO, I tried to encode it like this.

Code:
DirectShowSource("C:\Program Files\BitComet\Downloads\[Kedex]Nanatsuiro_Drops_01[097D2655][Xvid].avi",fps=23.9759856527702,convertfps=true)
#deinterlace
#crop
#denoise

ConvertToYV12()
But then when it finish encoding, its always the same .3-.5 out of audio sync. So then I tried a new approach. I did it like this

Code:
DirectShowSource("C:\Program Files\BitComet\Downloads\[Kedex]Nanatsuiro_Drops_01[097D2655][Xvid].avi",fps=23.9759856527702,audio=false,convertfps=true)
#deinterlace
#crop
#denoise

ConvertToYV12()
I tried to encode it that way and it gave me the same problem as above. I haven't tried doing audio=true but I don't think that exists in megui and it will give me another error. 2 weeks ago, I encoded Lucky Star episode 11 and it got it normally. But when I try to do it now, it gave me that out of audio sync so I am guessing it was something I done recently but I have not installed any programs or anything. I even updated the AviSynth and it still don't work.
Old 2007-07-06, 20:57   Link #4
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Since you are only loading an AVI, unless it foolishly is H.264 in AVI, I would not bother with DirectShowSource. Just use AVISource and all problems should be gone (assuming you have the required vfw decoders, which should not be an issue). As martino said you don't need audio=true unless you want to process the audio with the video, usually this is beneficial if you are doing some trimming/etc, makes it much simpler to keep the a/v sync. But DirectShowSource should be working... what is the error you are actually getting?

Also never used convertfps unless you are going from VFR->CFR. Since this is AVI thats impossible, don't use it. But you always do need to specify the fps with convertfps.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 19:47   Link #5
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

No I am not getting any errors. The encode goes along perfectly. It is just that once it is done encoded and I tried to play it, there show signs out of audio and such and such. Also I have been encoding that way so there really is no difference if I put it to .264 or AVI. And if it saids audio=false, this mean I can't encode it.
Old 2007-07-14, 15:21   Link #6
arcadeplayer987

I never used magui, only Riva FLV

www.arcadebuilder.net - The Best Arcade Script. Own your own arcade website today
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote