AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-16, 09:53   Link #301
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
link doesn't work for me.
You need an account and some ability to read Japanese to view nicovideo... yeah it's a pain and a lot of Japanese users has been moving nicovideos to YouTube for that reason.

Nico users, has there ever been an instruction written on how to get an account?
AVPlaya is offline  
Old 2007-07-16, 14:07   Link #302
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
You need an account and some ability to read Japanese to view nicovideo... yeah it's a pain and a lot of Japanese users has been moving nicovideos to YouTube for that reason. Nico users, has there ever been an instruction written on how to get an account?
I don't know of instructions, and I'm not sure I can give full ones right now. But here's a start: on the main page "nicovideo.jp" there are three colored boxes right above each other. The orange one is log-in, the red one is register, and the blue one if for a premium account, which I don't know anything about.

Click the red box, and it takes you to a form page where you fill in (1) your e-mail address, (2) desired nickname, (3) and (4) password. Click and you're registered. They send you an activation e-mail with the activation link at the bottom (or at least mine was).

When I registered a few months ago, there was a period when I couldn't get into any popular videos, since I was a latecomer with a high registration number. But the core group eventually expanded to include my number.

I do look for things on YouTube, but YouTube only allows up to ten-minute videos, whereas nicovideo goes up to around a half-hour. And I haven't been able to find a Firefox extension yet that will save nicovideo videos so they can be uploaded to YouTube.

One more thing: the big difference on nicovideo is the fact that users can put their (sometimes amusing) comments right on the video, so there is usually a stream of comments running across the face of the video. There is a check box below the lower right-hand corner of the video that enables you to turn the comments off.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-07-17, 00:27   Link #303
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Seiyuu Watch reports that eight character song albums will be coming out in the fall. There was previously an announcement about the four main ones: Konata (sung by Hirano Aya), Kagami (Katou Emiri), Tsukasa (Fukuhara Kaori), and Miyuki (Endou Aya). Now we learn that there will be four more: Yutaka (Hasegawa Shizuka), Minami (Chihara Minori), Hiyori (Shimizu Kaori), and Patty Martin (Sasaki Nozomi). I'm happy about that last one. A couple of EDs for Bokura ga Ita show that her singing voice is as interesting as her speaking voice.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-07-17, 00:44   Link #304
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Seiyuu Watch reports that eight character song albums will be coming out in the fall. There was previously an announcement about the four main ones: Konata (sung by Hirano Aya), Kagami (Katou Emiri), Tsukasa (Fukuhara Kaori), and Miyuki (Endou Aya). Now we learn that there will be four more: Yutaka (Hasegawa Shizuka), Minami (Chihara Minori), Hiyori (Shimizu Kaori), and Patty Martin (Sasaki Nozomi). I'm happy about that last one. A couple of EDs for Bokura ga Ita show that her singing voice is as interesting as her speaking voice.
Wow, not even shocked in the least. This is your basic Haruhi treatment... and given the sale of their OP and ED, man, more to come! Not that I'd mind of course... more music from Kona is Win.
AVPlaya is offline  
Old 2007-07-17, 07:36   Link #305
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
This is your basic anime treatment...
Thats better.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2007-07-17, 23:33   Link #306
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
I was thinking that the karaoke ED collection was just a one-day wonder, since it disappeared from the top ten for the rest of the week. But the weekly charts are out, and it was #5 for the past week, with over 28,000 units sold, at over $20 a pop. Unbelievable.

I noticed one Japanese website praising the collection and saying that in the EDs, Hirano Aya "showed her true worth." She's certainly showing me some comic ability I didn't know she had, as well as both beauty and feeling in Sore ga Ai Desho.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-07-17, 23:48   Link #307
Hahiru
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
You need an account and some ability to read Japanese to view nicovideo... yeah it's a pain and a lot of Japanese users has been moving nicovideos to YouTube for that reason.

Nico users, has there ever been an instruction written on how to get an account?
It's not too hard to setup an account without knowing Japanese.

The one part that stumped me some what was that you log in with your email address, not your nickname.
Hahiru is offline  
Old 2007-07-18, 00:28   Link #308
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
The Karaoke Box ED was really nice. I liked the fact that they included the full songs alongside with the actual ED skits, and that the actual songs maintained the informality typical of a friendly karaoke session. I liked it.

I'm kind of baffled by the Cha La Head Cha La full version... I think my ears almost started bleeding on that one.

The Monkey Magic one is priceless. It was brilliant, whoever had the most hand on the script of that one, either the sound director or Hirano Aya doing some actual, serious ad-libbing.
__________________


Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline  
Old 2007-07-18, 22:30   Link #309
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
The Monkey Magic one is priceless. It was brilliant, whoever had the most hand on the script of that one, either the sound director or Hirano Aya doing some actual, serious ad-libbing.
Yeah is is brillianto... I have a feeling that they just told the girls the plot, and let them improvise. I think it was said before that the entire session is just one take, so scripting it too much maybe bad. I have a feeling majority of it was just Aya having fun. I mean, everyone who's ever acted like an ass in a karaoke knows how to do this.. it's just more fun listening to Aya acting as the embarassed cho-otaku Densetsu no Shoujo A (why not Shoujo K? That must still be a Akina reference).
AVPlaya is offline  
Old 2007-07-19, 21:14   Link #310
Fat Cat Lim
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Canned Dogs report that a 2nd ED collection CD for Lucky Star is going to be released...and it's going to be all Minoru Shiraishi. So looks like Shiraishi will be singing the rest of the episodes' EDs.

*deep breath*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://zepy.momotato.com/2007/07/19/...aishi-edition/
Fat Cat Lim is offline  
Old 2007-07-19, 21:35   Link #311
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH, but actually in Kentucky
Age: 26
It's funny a few times, but... well, Shiraishi is a pretty entertaining fellow, so I'm mostly worried about the material they're going to give him. Obviously he won't be singing his 'wasuremono' song and Hare Hare Yukai for the next ten episodes.

I hope.
__________________
FatPianoBoy is offline  
Old 2007-07-19, 23:18   Link #312
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat Lim View Post
Canned Dogs report that a 2nd ED collection CD for Lucky Star is going to be released...and it's going to be all Minoru Shiraishi. So looks like Shiraishi will be singing the rest of the episodes' EDs....
If this is true, it's a clear demonstration of how much hipness, creativity, and artistic judgment KyoAni loses with Yamakan (i.e., original director Yamamoto Yutaka) gone. I'm hoping that the "tentative" in the title on the Tower Records page is tentative existence rather than tentative title.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-07-20, 01:14   Link #313
bayoab
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
If this is true, it's a clear demonstration of how much hipness, creativity, and artistic judgment KyoAni loses with Yamakan (i.e., original director Yamamoto Yutaka) gone. I'm hoping that the "tentative" in the title on the Tower Records page is tentative existence rather than tentative title.
I would guess that its a tenative title since they don't want to give away what songs and who will be singing them for the rest of the series. They don't give away any information this way. With the karaoke box cd, the song listing only appeared a few days before release. I really don't think Shirashi will be doing all of them especially after what happened in 15.

Last edited by bayoab; 2007-07-20 at 01:16. Reason: Bah
bayoab is offline  
Old 2007-07-20, 04:01   Link #314
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
We can hope... we'll see for sure in a few days...
Vexx is offline  
Old 2007-07-20, 04:25   Link #315
Keruri
Like a falling star
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: A snowy town from 7 years ago....
Age: 22
It was funny the first time, but then it just got boring. Pleeease, we want karaoke box endings~

I do have to mention that every time, and I do mean EVERY TIME I hear Konata/Aya "sing" "CHA-LA! HEAD-CHA-LAAAA~" for the second time in the song (from 2:19 to 2:23), I nearly start crying from laughter. It just sound so.... bad? Weird? Genuis? I'm not quite sure, but two other friends, my brother, and myself basically fall over laughing while the song plays.

Sore Ga, Ai Deshou? really shocked me when it first played in the episode (it shouldn't have, but it did), though the full version is much better. "Otaku" voice to Konata voice.... made of win. I really want a release of Kona-chan singing the theme to D.C., though that has a very slim chance of happening.

Note: The announcement of Yutaka's character song album made me squee.
Keruri is offline  
Old 2007-07-20, 07:28   Link #316
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruri View Post
It was funny the first time, but then it just got boring. Pleeease, we want karaoke box endings~

I do have to mention that every time, and I do mean EVERY TIME I hear Konata/Aya "sing" "CHA-LA! HEAD-CHA-LAAAA~" for the second time in the song (from 2:19 to 2:23), I nearly start crying from laughter. It just sound so.... bad? Weird? Genuis? I'm not quite sure, but two other friends, my brother, and myself basically fall over laughing while the song plays.

Sore Ga, Ai Deshou? really shocked me when it first played in the episode (it shouldn't have, but it did), though the full version is much better. "Otaku" voice to Konata voice.... made of win. I really want a release of Kona-chan singing the theme to D.C., though that has a very slim chance of happening.

Note: The announcement of Yutaka's character song album made me squee.
I really disliked Sorega Ai Deshou for breaking character from Konata for no logical reason only to go back again next episode. They did it again in another episode with a Springs song. I really never fully got why the inconsistency.

Anyway if the Minoru Endings are so unpopular than they better hope they weren't all prepared ahead of schedule and sitting waiting to air with no time to fix things, cause they're gonna need like 5 Aya "Get Out Of Jail Free" Hirano Live Action songs to fix things. Somebody's probably scrambling trying to summon her up at this moment to patch together something if that's the case.

In all honesty though, if fans in Japan are making such a huge stink over something so little as a goofy set of ending themes, and towards somebody who has been so unyielding good to them, giving them all sorts of treats at no expense to themselves and some overseas fans, these fans need to recheck what's really important to them. There were certain parts of certain episodes recently not just limited to music that I felt were made for these hard core otaku fans and that really didn't click at all with me, and if those fans who the segments were aimed at have suddenly become unappreciative, well let me just say my Grandmother always gave me these words of wisdom, "Those who are fortunate should count their blessings when things don't work out".

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-07-20 at 07:42.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-07-20, 11:46   Link #317
Xiaolang
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I really disliked Sorega Ai Deshou for breaking character from Konata for no logical reason only to go back again next episode. They did it again in another episode with a Springs song. I really never fully got why the inconsistency.
There are two examples as to why it's not completely inconsistent.

(1) The oujo-sama voice that Konata mimicked at the beginning of episode 7. Very セクシー sounding if you ask me.

(2) In the TV ending we only hear Konata sing a few lines of Sore ga Ai Deshou. But if you listened to the entire song from the Karaoke Box Session CD, you hear Konata struggling and breathing harder when she's about to finish the song, saying something along the lines of "I'm glad I can almost sing this song well." (Can anyone translate what she really said?) So, in that context, I think it works out well.
Xiaolang is offline  
Old 2007-07-20, 12:18   Link #318
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post
There are two examples as to why it's not completely inconsistent.

(1) The oujo-sama voice that Konata mimicked at the beginning of episode 7. Very セクシー sounding if you ask me.

(2) In the TV ending we only hear Konata sing a few lines of Sore ga Ai Deshou. But if you listened to the entire song from the Karaoke Box Session CD, you hear Konata struggling and breathing harder when she's about to finish the song, saying something along the lines of "I'm glad I can almost sing this song well." (Can anyone translate what she really said?) So, in that context, I think it works out well.
The Ouja-Sama voice was close enough to Konata voice I think that it can be explained, but your 2nd point almost works enough to make it make sense I guess. I personally found it more グフィ than sexy though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-07-20, 12:29   Link #319
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I can't comment much on it... Shiraishi ED CD? It's going to suck and not many ppl are going to buy it. Maybe true blue L*S-ota, but I certainly won't. I think it's not a joke... the last ED shows that there are no more usable footage from the big KyoAni Jogashima Island Picnic Day. I have a feeling ED this week will be different. The next ED better have the girsls singing again! Now I don't mind Sabastian joining them for another Karaoke session... a duet with Kagami should would make things interesting...

And oh, Just want to say that Sorega Ai Deshou is on my top 3 of the ED... I love the way Kona changes her voice and shows off during the zabi, and the big laugh at the end. It was pretty cool and endearing at the same time. I don't think she was out of chara for me, but for people who knows Aya's real singing voice well, I can see how it maybe distrubing. I just pretended that Kona's otaku voice sounded just like Aya, her favorite seiyuu.

御機嫌よう 、みんなさん!
AVPlaya is offline  
Old 2007-07-20, 12:31   Link #320
Xiaolang
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The Ouja-Sama voice was close enough to Konata voice I think that it can be explained, but your 2nd point almost works enough to make it make sense I guess. I personally found it more グフィ than sexy though.
I'll give you goofy, but the voice is distinctive enough that Kona-chan could pass as a mature sounding girl... if only her lack of height isn't such a hindrance. *laughs*
Xiaolang is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.