AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-07, 14:51   Link #1
Garve
Providence Breaker

Animes like Violinist of Hamelin

Hi . I just wanna ask if somebody knows another anime like Vioinist of Hamelin... An (a bit sad) anime with a very good story line ! Please tell me if you know such an anime...

thx for help !

**Garve**
Old 2004-02-07, 20:20   Link #2
wao
OK.

Hm, I haven't actually watched Violinist of Hamelin, but if you like a good storyline with sad parts, and since it seems you don't mind old anime, try Rose of Versailles. Even if it may seem a little petty in the beginning, it is actually a good contrast to the end of the series which is really, really sad. ;_; It is based on the French Revolution and includes some real characters and real events, e.g. Marie Antoinette, that necklace affair thing (I have bad memory for names), etc...

And the weaving of the fictitious with the real is very very well done, particularly the necklace affair thing - how each character ties into another, and so on.... just wow.
Old 2004-02-09, 14:06   Link #3
sothis

this is a very difficult recommendation to make, since there isn't really anything that fits the bill perfectly. the only thing i might suggest is X TV, but the plot is totally different.

Princess Tutu is another that has a combination of tragedy and music, but it is even less like VoH than X TV is :/

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2004-02-09, 21:48   Link #4
jennwenn

Princess Tutu is actually very similar to Violinist of Hamelin. Music, ballet, and fairy tales are a big part of the story. It may look and sound cute from the title, but it is actually pretty dark like Hamelin. And the the storyline is amazing and well-constructed.
Old 2004-02-21, 18:54   Link #5
Garve
Providence Breaker

Hm I can't get Princess Tutu (but at 1st, thx for the suggestions ^^)... I would say the link or something like that is broken It's always connecting to the peers.
Closed Thread