AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-07-16, 15:37   Link #1061
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Arsenal is very close to transfer Palacio to take the place of Henry
Yeah, another Argentine player to enlist in an important English club. It's kinda like a trend lately

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 20:24   Link #1062
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

All that Palacio transfer was a rumour. All fake.

http://bocajnews.blogspot.com/
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 21:11   Link #1063
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
All that Palacio transfer was a rumour. All fake.

http://bocajnews.blogspot.com/
The funniest part of it all is that it was announced in an Argentinian newspaper (one of the most important ones).

Old 2007-07-17, 01:38   Link #1064
Loniat
Paranoid Android

WanderingKnight,

I usually like reading your comments, but I think this time you should dismount your nationalistic horse.
Old 2007-07-17, 08:48   Link #1065
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loniat View Post
WanderingKnight,

I usually like reading your comments, but I think this time you should dismount your nationalistic horse.
Now, now, there's no need for such personal attacks. WanderingKnight isn't moaning in an unreasonable way, he has every right to mourn his team's loss.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/6900356.stm

I think this article nicely sums up the change in philosophy of Brazilian football, it seems almost as if Brazil and Argentina have switched their usual roles, with the Argentina playing free-flowing football, and Brazilians adopting pragmatic tactics.

Speaking of that other continental tournament, the Asian Cup.

Looks like it'll be a rematch between Australia and Japan in the quarter final. Japan will certainly want to avenge their reversal defeat against the Aussies in last year's World Cup, when they squandered a 1-0 lead with 10 minutes to go and lost 3-1.

Three of the four SE Asian host nations have been impressive so far, at least they managed to bag wins, but Malaysia on the other hand was pathetic, getting thumped by China 5-1 and by Uzbekistan 5-0, in front of their own fans.

Before the China match the Malaysia coach was saying something like "We managed to play well against Chelsea in a friendly before, so we should be able to do well," It's not called a friendly for nothing, folks. You try playing them in a proper competitive match, you'll probably lose even more. (Don't get it the wrong way, I have some friends from Malaysia, so I sort of feel sorry for them. )

China still hasn't improved a bit IMHO since the last Asian Cup, after leading Iran 2-0, they decided to shut up shop and eventually got forced to a 2-2 draw. Much that I want China to win, I actually hope China gets a humiliating thumping in order to get rid of those corrupt imbeciles in their FA and get some REAL reform going.

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 09:18   Link #1066
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Dont remind me.... the patheticness to our national team is horrendeus?

Did anyone knows that there was once a tournament where they gathered a few boys to train up for a few weeks then pits them against some team each weeks.. some got drop off every week.. The final match? it was against our national team.. and guess what, in front of live coverage on all tv stations, in our biggest football stadium, the national team lost 2 - 0

So forget it... I knew our national team sux
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 09:25   Link #1067
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
WanderingKnight,

It's not my nationalistic horse, anyone who watched the match (did you?) could notice that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by from the newspaper article
Argentina were outdone because they were unable to cope with the physical power and the speed on the counter-attack of the Brazilian side - weapons that were used against Brazil in the past, but now work firmly in their favour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by from the newspaper article
And because at the other end Brazil were able to hold Argentina with a midfield based more on lung power than finesse.

I'm actually quite rational in my judgment of both my teams (River Plate and the national Argentina team). The fact that they were playing an astounding football on the technical side now doesn't mean that they will always play it. For example, I didn't like at all the style of play the last couch (Pekerman) had. In fact, I couldn't be less surprised when we lost against Germany in the world cup.

Old 2007-07-18, 07:11   Link #1068
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I don´t think Arsenal is going to sign Palacio. I´m not saying it won´t happen, But looking at what Arsenal have; Van Persie, Adebayor, Bendtner, Walcott and Eduardo the new brazilian player from Croatia. I´d say that Arsenal doesn´t really need another forward.

@WanderingKnight
Oh, someone from Argentina.

A couple of weeks ago AIK, my team here in Sweden, signed two players from Arsenal de Sarandi. Mauro Ivan Obolo and Lucas Valdemarin. Both of them made their way straight into the starting lineup for us since our current forwards were either injured or totally out of shape. Obolo scored in his debut and both of them have showed great qualities so far for us. But it would be interesting to hear what someone from Argentina thinks of them. If you know which players I´m talking about?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 07:33   Link #1069
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

@Last Hope

Yeah, I know who you're talking about. Obolo was good, not a brilliant player by any means but not a bad player either. Personally, I never liked Valdemarin, but he wasn't bad either. Average to good players. Arsenal de Sarandi is a really really small team, last tournament they made a really good campaign and ended up fifth or so.

Old 2007-07-18, 07:53   Link #1070
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
@Last Hope

Yeah, I know who you're talking about. Obolo was good, not a brilliant player by any means but not a bad player either. Personally, I never liked Valdemarin, but he wasn't bad either. Average to good players. Arsenal de Sarandi is a really really small team, last tournament they made a really good campaign and ended up fifth or so.
Thank you for the answer.

We are more than delighted with these two signings. Obolo has been excellent in his first few games and while Valdemarin hasn´t impressed as much he´s shown qualities that will fit our way of football perfectly.

At the moment Allsvenskan is one of the lowest ranking series in Europe. The standard is pretty shitty these days so players with these kind of qualities from South America can almost be 100% certain to be top players in Sweden.

Old 2007-07-18, 08:59   Link #1071
Loniat
Paranoid Android

An AIK supporter! How interesting!
By the way, AIK has been doing terribly this season. I hope they put their feet on the ground and start playing real football. It is becoming sad to see AIK matches.
Old 2007-07-18, 10:06   Link #1072
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Yeah, the season has been a horrible experience so far but the hope for a place that´ll give us a chance to qualify to the UEFA-Cup next year isn´t totally gone yet.

Victory over Glentoran tomorrow and I think the entire season will turn around. Or atleast hope so.

Loniat are you an AIK supporter aswell or did some other team capture your heart?

Old 2007-07-18, 13:18   Link #1073
arcadeplayer987

I hope my fav. team Steaua Bucharest will get into UCL grupe stages like the last season. We are playing with Zaglebie Lubin in the second round

www.arcadebuilder.net - The Best Arcade Script. Own your own arcade website today
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 03:59   Link #1074
Loniat
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post

Loniat are you an AIK supporter aswell or did some other team capture your heart?
Yep, but I lost interest in Allsvenskan years ago, i feel it is becoming boring. Still I go to Råsunda like once a year for the fun of it.
Old 2007-07-19, 07:15   Link #1075
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loniat View Post
Yep, but I lost interest in Allsvenskan years ago, i feel it is becoming boring. Still I go to Råsunda like once a year for the fun of it.
I can sympathize with that. The standard of Allsvenskan is terrible and the rulers of Swedish football isn´t acting like they want to keep the fans at the stadiums either. But I´m one of those that doesn´t really go to watch good football. Good football and lots of wins, like last season is more of a bonus. I go solely to watch AIK play and feel the atmosphere.

Old 2007-07-19, 07:27   Link #1076
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*munch popcorn*

The Tevez saga is quite an entertaining soap opera IMO

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 13:40   Link #1077
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
*munch popcorn*

The Tevez saga is quite an entertaining soap opera IMO

Well, now that Vieira and Henry has left Arsenal there´s got to be a new opera for people to follow.

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2007-07-20 at 04:30.
Old 2007-07-19, 17:15   Link #1078
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Arsenal won in their friendly today against Genclerbirligi (3-0). Van Persie scored 2, Walcott with the other (also setting up another).

It was a chance to see Arsenal's new signings play. Sagna was quite good, play forward runs, his defensive side was still unclear. Eduardo really impressed me. His style of play fitted in perfectly with Arsenal. He made an immediate impact when he was brought on. He has pace and isnt scared to run at defenders.
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 19:26   Link #1079
crall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
*edit*
Even though most people here can't understand that little cheer you posted, I recommend you either delete or edit it.

It might just be a harmless expression of rivalry between the fans of two teams, but it can be considered to be somewhat offensive to the fans of the other team. And if I'm not mistaken, the mods here don't appreciate comments of that nature.

Last edited by crall; 2007-07-20 at 13:18.
crall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 02:07   Link #1080
Loniat
Paranoid Android

By the way, good victory for AIK yesterday against Glentoran. Great game for Wilton Figueiredo, which scored 2 in the beginning of the game and pushed the team forward, but shortly after that was replaced by Waldemarin. All in all, it seems there is some hope for Swedish football in general

Tags
football, soccer