AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-29, 23:09   Link #121
Gundam Zero Force

ok now the whole disco gun makes sense . . . .

Quote:
Your example of Heero and Relena is precisely what would be given the disco gun treatment under today's interpretation of a Y7 rating.
I thought so, when I saw it on tv I was amazed that they showed stuff like that. personally if they had deleted it I wonder how they would have kept the story going b/c the first time Heero wanted shoot her it seems kinda hard how they would he re-routed the scene . . . . .

so I guess there are pros and cons to a cut and uncut version of the Gundam Series. of course uncut everyhing will be in it's full length and things are more understandable but i guess in the cut version you don't have to worry about seeing anything too bad. I'd have to say out of all the anime gundam doesn't come close to what other content some anime has. But then again most of that anime never was aired on Cartoon network either . . . .
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 03:24   Link #122
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

& geez the whole reason gsd is not yet on u.s. tv is because the FCC will ruin it

look because GSD is got bad language, violent, bloody, etc

besides look at meer's outfit too omg especially the lower part too revealing also shinn's hand on stellar's racks & lacus cagalli hot spring cause the FCC will sabatoge the GSD.

so if the FCC want GSD well show GSD on the unedited version.

cause if there too much edits & censors on GSD at u.s. tv then get ready for a GS-RIOT!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 10:43   Link #123
supperrfreek
Professional Genius

the raw content is enough to put hundreds of overprotective parents into a coma.
supperrfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 02:41   Link #124
WhiteWings

There are ALWAYS going to be SOMEONE complaining about SOMETHING regarless of what it is. Best option is to ignore them and try to keep them from causing too much damage or ruckus.
Old 2007-07-16, 14:33   Link #125
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

Gundam 00 may be a good chance for the franchise to get revived for television in the US, but it greatly pains me that people will never get the chance to see Zeta, ZZ, V, X and Turn-A on TV... as they are really some of the strongest parts that the franchise has to offer. Even Destiny, for all practical purposes, should have gotten a proper airing... but alas.
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 23:58   Link #126
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
You never know. A pay-per-view channel can randomly decide to pick up them up and decide to air them.

On a side off-topic note: I wish I had that other channel that showed anime... I think due to the fact that CN is showing either reruns or childish anime or anime that just doesn't interest me, I haven't watched TV in a while.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 00:26   Link #127
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEDGESMFG View Post
Gundam 00 may be a good chance for the franchise to get revived for television in the US, but it greatly pains me that people will never get the chance to see Zeta, ZZ, V, X and Turn-A on TV... as they are really some of the strongest parts that the franchise has to offer. Even Destiny, for all practical purposes, should have gotten a proper airing... but alas.
I agree. Bandai has talked about making a Gundam show with an American audience in mind, and Gundam 00 might well be that show. If it succeeds in the U.S., then there's some chance that the other Gundam TV shows will be picked up by the Cartoon Network (there really isn't any other alternative for Gundam shows). If not, then there might be no Gundam on American TV for quite a few years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
You never know. A pay-per-view channel can randomly decide to pick up them up and decide to air them.
This is very unlikely. Bandai sees the American market as a potentially massive Gundam fanbase, and their priority is to somehow tap into this potential. Putting a Gundam TV show (especially a previously unaired one) on a channel with a tiny audience would run counter to that goal.
Old 2007-07-18, 00:31   Link #128
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
That's possibly true. I wouldn't know. I don't own Bandai, nor do I work for them, to know their marketing and moneymaking strategies. But, it doesn't mean they may not later on sell rights to a pay-per-view company to air it. Movies in the past typically first show up in pay-per-view channels, then later on are aired on local channels that people don't have to pay services for to watch that particular channel.
Old 2007-07-18, 00:39   Link #129
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

but what about the FCC & tv networks?!

besides i just found this

The series was available "On Demand" from May through June with Comcast Cable in the United States. However as of July '07, only episodes 1-22 have been aired and it is no longer available.

geez blame the FCC, tv networks, etc for screwing GS series again.

besides i'm sick of how GS get screwed besides those other anime on u.s. got unedit!!!

but those cn did not notice about GS series besides GS is for teens.

look at these

Gundam Seed series
Age rating: Teenagers (May contain bloody violence, bad language, nudity)
said on the ANN http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=883

besides it's all cn, us tv networks, & FCC by screwing GS besides they put GS on a tv-y7 expect final ep of GS that is tv-pg

hello this anime should been unedit & is got to be tv-pg or tv-14!!!

well unless anyone want to make a rally or protest to bring back GS on u.s. tv in the unedit version!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
Old 2007-07-18, 01:18   Link #130
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
That's possibly true. I wouldn't know. I don't own Bandai, nor do I work for them, to know their marketing and moneymaking strategies. But, it doesn't mean they may not later on sell rights to a pay-per-view company to air it. Movies in the past typically first show up in pay-per-view channels, then later on are aired on local channels that people don't have to pay services for to watch that particular channel.
Pay-per-view is an extremely poor choice as a first-run showing when you're trying to sell a franchise. The potential audience is simply too small to generate the kind of buzz that franchises need to succeed. While it's possible for Gundam shows to broadcast as pay-per-view, it wouldn't be done so as an original run.
Old 2007-07-18, 01:22   Link #131
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

And back then, the TV stations couldn't display things like blood or a girl getting up from her bed next to a guy which was intentionally intended to refer to sex, much less swearing of any sort. Now, you hear "damn" in the radio as well as on local channels on TV. The only reason CN has a stricter policy is because they're mostly intended to be a children's channel. Yes, I agree that censorship sucks sometimes, but what can you do? All we can hope for is they air anime in either TechTV (I think that's what they're called... The channel I don't have and wish I do) and/or have a channel solely for anime that displays certain types of anime at certain times of the day. Or, we can wait several more years (or decades) and then maybe, just maybe, FCC's loosened up or made certain fair exceptions with/to their censorship. Here's for crossing your fingers, though.
Old 2007-07-18, 01:34   Link #132
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Something like Seed or Destiny would never work in america, IMO. It's to emotional, no mobile suit battle every episode, and it's more romance drivin then war/adventure drivin. That just isn't gonna work. I think that 00 would have a chance here in the US from what i have seen so far, which isn't really much. What we need is cool badass characters instead of super emo characters. More mobile suit battles instead of crying.
"There's one more thing required to attain total peace: a strong heart that can empathize with people! Like yours... You're too pure and kind, but I guess that's what gives you the right to live. I'm going to live right to the bitter end! I'll live the hard life of a warrior! 'Till we meet again, Heero!"

-Zechs "Lightning Count" Marquis
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 11:39   Link #133
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

what it's because GS have lots of drama, feelings, emotion, & personal stuff besides it felt real to me.

& those u.s. tv & FCC have to screw GS like they don't care about GS?!

besides i see it's injustice cause of the edits & censors cause by u.s. tv & FCC they ruined a very good show on the u.s. & i wished that GS return to the u.s. tv in unedit version!!!