AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 74 69.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-22, 19:51   Link #101
Fabien
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Certainly it's always seemed wierd to me that Subaru could punch her way through Gadget Drone armor. Even a bodybuilder can't do that, and even with Revolver Knuckle the drone's AMF can nullify any enhancement on Subaru's punches, especially at close range
Teana found a way to get past the AMF, about ten minutes after seeing one for the first time (in episode 3). Can't Subaru have done the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Kinda found it hard to swallow that Subaru was just that strong.
Teana is stronger: she can throw Subaru with merely a finger!
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 19:55   Link #102
Fabien
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
If Doc is really serious in believing to work for the good of humanity the last option isn't completely unlikely.
Come on, with an evil laugh like that, how can anyone believe him?
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:04   Link #103
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Teana found a way to get past the AMF, about ten minutes after seeing one for the first time (in episode 3). Can't Subaru have done the same?
Using a AA rank spell that is known to break through AMF. Whereas Subaru merely had to smash Drones with her fist, which would make using an Anti-AMF spell redundant.

Quote:
Teana is stronger: she can throw Subaru with merely a finger!
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:04   Link #104
An Hero in Disguise
Human
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Currently - Germany
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Come on, with an evil laugh like that, how can anyone believe him?
I believe him. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

My point was actually whether he believes in it himself or not.
An Hero in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:08   Link #105
aroduc
Ruiner of Things
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Holy fucking awesome.
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=215

I'm in the process of uploading the Subaru part and ripping out the Erio/Caro part at the end. I'll post those once they're up.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:12   Link #106
Fabien
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Certainly it's always seemed wierd to me that Subaru could punch her way through Gadget Drone armor. Even a bodybuilder can't do that, and even with Revolver Knuckle the drone's AMF can nullify any enhancement on Subaru's punches, especially at close range, and at speeds slower than attacks like Scwhalbe Fliegen. Kinda found it hard to swallow that Subaru was just that strong.
If you're right, I can answer Avatar_notADV's question: since nobody was surprised seeing what Subaru can do, everyone at Division 6 knew about her being a cyborg.
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:14   Link #107
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Nothing personal against them, it was just a perfect moment for some members of the cast to go for good (it's unlikely to see something decent performed by Shamal or Zafira in future episodes anyway), but they missed the opportunity
Strangly, I agree with you on this. Using the excuse of "They aren't doing anything anyway." But looking at Zafira, I'm sure he's out-of-action for the rest of the series... Okay, maybe not that bad but you know what I mean!


Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
At the same time it can't be said for sure that Scaglietti doesn't actually believe in what he's said.
Man, you're really playing this all the way huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
I rather meant looks and abilities than general outcome of the fight.
Well, if what I head was true, he was out-number-ed
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:20   Link #108
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Strangly, I agree with you on this. Using the excuse of "They aren't doing anything anyway." But looking at Zafira, I'm sure he's out-of-action for the rest of the series... Okay, maybe not that bad but you know what I mean!

Well, if what I head was true, he was out-number-ed
Meh, you know the bloodless-conquer was just an excuse for the Numbers to not deal finishing blows to enemies they've beaten and sparing non-mages who can barely hold cover. To be honest, I really felt like they should've at least killed Griffith and co...

Jedi Ninja >> Knight-wannabe.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:21   Link #109
aroduc
Ruiner of Things
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Subaru... Berserker Mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7OLJ5kfruw
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:29   Link #110
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Come on, with an evil laugh like that, how can anyone believe him?
Well, I was laughing with him.

Spoiler for Lots of pointless HAHAHAs:


Great episode, I saw heaven.

Can someone list the new numbers? I couldn't hear some of their IS skills. One was like "Twin Blade". Also, one of the numbers was a "boku" female?
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:33   Link #111
Fabien
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
To be honest, I really felt like they should've at least killed Griffith and co...
Sigh... Why the hell do people want half of the cast to be murdered?
I know, the cast is huge, but does that really hamper the show?

Remember, this is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. People who are to be dead, are dead before the show starts. The only two exceptions I know of are:
- Precia, who (probably) killed herself;
- Reinforce, who asked to be killed.
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:33   Link #112
aroduc
Ruiner of Things
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
And the Erio/Caro part from near the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCOsosvzY2E
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:34   Link #113
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Sigh... Why the hell do people want half of the cast to be murdered?
I know, the cast is huge, but does that really hamper the show?

Remember, this is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. People who are to be dead, are dead before the show starts. The only two exceptions I know of are:
- Precia, who (probably) killed herself;
- Reinforce, who asked to be killed.
Meh, I'm always a little irked every time bad guys spare defeated good guys and not deal the final blow. Granted, Jail asked for it, and for a semi-decent reason (( if only for image-sake )), but still... sigh.

Quote:
Can someone list the new numbers? I couldn't hear some of their IS skills. One was like "Twin Blade". Also, one of the numbers was a "boku" female?
Number VIII, Otto is the boku. Looks like a male-type from the voice and the pants, but we've seen worse traps in anime. His IS is Ray Storm.

The flash-move girl with him is, Dido, Number XII. IS = Twin Blades.

That's the only new Numbers in Episode 17. Uno's IS is still unknown, and we still don't know jack about Number II, Due.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:40   Link #114
Fabien
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
and we still don't know jack about Number II, Due.
I've read somewhere (here?) that she might be Regius' assistant.
That would be fitting: Uno as Bad Guy #1's assistant, Due as Bad Guy #2's assistant.
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:49   Link #115
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
If Doc is really serious in believing to work for the good of humanity the last option isn't completely unlikely.
He could tell how She and Subaru were made test subjects by their own father and how he was forced to work on the project and lie about how he is doing this to avenge those who were victims to TSAB's follying with human nature and how they became cyborgs unknowingly (And Ginga is somehow forced to suck this down wherever she likes it or not)
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:51   Link #116
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Meh, I'm always a little irked every time bad guys spare defeated good guys and not deal the final blow. Granted, Jail asked for it, and for a semi-decent reason (( if only for image-sake )), but still... sigh.



Number VIII, Otto is the boku. Looks like a male-type from the voice and the pants, but we've seen worse traps in anime. His IS is Ray Storm.

The flash-move girl with him is, Dido, Number XII. IS = Twin Blades.

That's the only new Numbers in Episode 17. Uno's IS is still unknown, and we still don't know jack about Number II, Due.
It seems like Seven and twelve are almost like a twin in terms of looks and fighting style (Uses blades and has long wavy hair)
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 20:58   Link #117
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Meh, you know the bloodless-conquer was just an excuse for the Numbers to not deal finishing blows to enemies they've beaten and sparing non-mages who can barely hold cover. To be honest, I really felt like they should've at least killed Griffith and co...

Jedi Ninja >> Knight-wannabe.
No point killing them, they are too easily replaced, THEN we'll be treated to MORE new characters...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Sigh... Why the hell do people want half of the cast to be murdered?
I know, the cast is huge, but does that really hamper the show?
In terms of plot? Maybe not so much, but we already have one too many characters being nerf for space, and one too many characters who aren't doing anything. So character-wise, it's not a very good thing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Remember, this is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. People who are to be dead, are dead before the show starts. The only two exceptions I know of are:
- Precia, who (probably) killed herself;
- Reinforce, who asked to be killed.
Yes, but those were considered small scaled conflicts, low Causalities are understandable.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 21:05   Link #118
aroduc
Ruiner of Things
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
And the short fight from the start...
Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z9EE-tveAA
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 21:06   Link #119
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Osaka
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
I always thought the human form is the temporary one, considering they were created based on animals and return to that form once the master died or too weak(just like the twins).
Except Zafira isn't a familiar. He's one of the four Guardian Knights created by the Book of the Night Sky. He works under different rules than Arf.
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 21:09   Link #120
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
Except Zafira isn't a familiar. He's one of the four Guardian Knights created by the Book of the Night Sky. He works under different rules than Arf.
A 'Guardian Beast' as the ancient Velka-users call it.

Which is basically the same thing as a familiar.

So yeah, he works under the same rule as Arf, just add in the program part.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.