AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 74 69.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-23, 10:22   Link #261
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
How about Scagletti being too obessesed with his possibility of what he could make humans become?

ps.excuse me,but this talk of his intentions is not helping in understanding why he needs vivio or the Wing mentioned in the prophecy
1. Obsession is a medical disorder, it usually can't be good.

2. Not it does not, cos that's not our point for engaging this debate... That we're waiting for more confirmation, but so far all I'm thinking is Primarch.
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:26   Link #262
Nemesis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
1. Obsession is a medical disorder, it usually can't be good.

2. Not it does not, cos that's not our point for engaging this debate... That we're waiting for more confirmation, but so far all I'm thinking is Primarch.
Well it was obession that drove the villians to do what they do in the 1st 2 seasons.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:27   Link #263
An Hero in Disguise
Human
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Currently - Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Your talking about ojects with the power to destroy WORLDS if the wrong switch is flipped! Of course anyone in their right mind wouldn't want to do it!
I'd rather research their origins and try to harness their power than seal them away hoping they'll be able to lie forever unnoticed.

Quote:
E-N-D-A-N-G-E-R-I-N-G L-I-V-E-S

You are trying to justify the belief that anyone with power has a right to do anything they want as long as they feel it right!!!

And don't try to bring Code Geass into this! That is a different case!
Sorry, great deeds very often can't be done without endangering the lives of some or many. Every revolution is like that.

Throughout the history mankind mainly acted exactly on this principle. I don't see the situation changing in the future.
An Hero in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:27   Link #264
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
About your ''endangering lives'' post,did you see that it was posted at the same time as my post?

I hardly see any antiheros or villians with currently unclear motives who didn't endangering lives.
Then tell me, what exactly is he fighting for? What is his reason to endanger those lives? For what purpose is he fighting for that places those live, secondary?

If it's for people, shouldn't THEIR lives be a priority?

Lelouch - the entire country is being opressed, there is not justice, the invaders can do whatever they want and gets away with it. What kind of anti-hero does Jail want to be?

For that matter, if he's motives are unclear, isn't it extremely naive to believe that he's doing this for the people's best interest in mind? CONSIDERING his history?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:32   Link #265
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
I'd rather research their origins and try to harness their power than seal them away hoping they'll be able to lie forever unnoticed.
"Harness their power"... There's your problem right there. It's been mentioned several times already how many worlds have been destroyed because of them playing with Dangerous Lost Logias...


Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Sorry, great deeds very often can't be done without endangering the lives of some or many. Every revolution is like that.

Throughout the history mankind mainly acted exactly on this principle. I don't see the situation changing in the future.
FOR. WHAT. REASON,

do you see it fit to place lives secondary below research? What could be SOOOOOOOOOO important that the blood on your hands could be ignored?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:34   Link #266
An Hero in Disguise
Human
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Currently - Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Then tell me, what exactly is he fighting for? What is his reason to endanger those lives? For what purpose is he fighting for that places those live, secondary?

If it's for people, should THEIR lives be a prority?

Lelouch - the entire country is being opressed, there is not justice, the invaders can do whatever they want and gets away with it. What kind of anti-hero does Jail want to be?

For that matter, if he's motives are unclear, isn't it extremely naive to believe that he's doing this for the people's best interest in mind? CONSIDERING his history?
Humans lives ARE a priority for him, just not to the point he'll give up on his plans because of several deaths. The Drones aren't programmed to harm people intentionally, even if it's impossible to avoid casualties entirely he tries to minimize them.

His goals? Not completely clear so far. Maybe he wants to bring mankind to the next stage of evolution.

WE know his history ONLY the way TSAB told it. I can say that we shouldn't believe in it completely either.
An Hero in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:37   Link #267
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Humans lives ARE a priority for him, just not to the point he'll give up on his plans because of several deaths. The Drones aren't programmed to harm people intentionally, even if it's impossible to avoid casualties entirely he tries to minimize them.
He does? When? he released drones he himsef aknowledged he had no control over once they started, on innocent humans, how is that 'limiting casualties'?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:38   Link #268
Guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Humans lives ARE a priority for him, just not to the point he'll give up on his plans because of several deaths. The Drones aren't programmed to harm people intentionally, even if it's impossible to avoid casualties entirely he tries to minimize them.
I find it difficult to believe in Scaglietti the humanitarian, given his attitude to the products of his research like Fate and Elio - you don't talk about wanting to "get your hands" on the last remnants of the project if you're thinking of people as human beings and not experimental subjects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
His goals? Not completely clear so far. Maybe he wants to bring mankind to the next stage of evolution.
If he's launching a violent rebellion, then I would think he could at least be a bit clearer about what benefits he's going to achieve, rather than making vague statements about the TSAB holding back scientific progress.

The only accomplishments we've seen from him since Project F are in the field of weaponry to support his insurrection - great progress, perhaps, but hardly a good argument that he would be a better custodian of the dimensions than the TSAB.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:38   Link #269
Nemesis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Humans lives ARE a priority for him, just not to the point he'll give up on his plans because of several deaths. The Drones aren't programmed to harm people intentionally, even if it's impossible to avoid casualties entirely he tries to minimize them.

His goals? Not completely clear so far. Maybe he wants to bring mankind to the next stage of evolution.

WE know his history ONLY the way TSAB told it. I can say that we shouldn't believe in it completely either.
Maybe he's metally ill as in he was so fascinated of the possibilities of human evolution

Plus,if the drones werent going to harm people,the type 3 in ep 5 would not fire a laser at erio intentionally.

ps.sigh........seems erio's character development is going to be rushed.No Emo scene for him
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:42   Link #270
An Hero in Disguise
Human
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Currently - Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"Harness their power"... There's your problem right there. It's been mentioned several times already how many worlds have been destroyed because of them playing with Dangerous Lost Logias...
I do not find the idea of burying themin some depot better. Trying to avoid risks at the cost of staying ignorant to possible great scientific achievements sounds cowardly. Who playd with LL and caused the destruction of the worlds? For me it looked like random people who dug them up before TSAB. There're means to minimize the risks of dangerous research in TSAB disposal I believe. Did Doc have any accident with his relics? Never heard of it.

Quote:
FOR. WHAT. REASON,

do you see it fit to place lives secondary below research? What could be SOOOOOOOOOO important that the blood on your hands could be ignored?!
Can't say. Not stated clearly yet. But that doesn't mean it's automatically not worth the effort. Where's blood on his hands? How many people died? Can you tell names?
An Hero in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:42   Link #271
Guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Plus,if the drones werent going to harm people,the type 3 in ep 5 would not fire a laser at erio intentionally.
His "evacuation warning" when his drones were about to level RF6 headquarters, with everyone still incapacitated inside, struck me as a particularly sadistic piece of work - rather like phoning in a bomb threat 10 seconds in advance.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:44   Link #272
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Humans lives ARE a priority for him, just not to the point he'll give up on his plans because of several deaths. The Drones aren't programmed to harm people intentionally, even if it's impossible to avoid casualties entirely he tries to minimize them.
It basically means he DOESN'T CARE.

His Priority has been the lost logia then, above the lives of people in the city, because they aren't important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
His goals? Not completely clear so far. Maybe he wants to bring mankind to the next stage of evolution.
By building weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
WE know his history ONLY the way TSAB told it. I can say that we shouldn't believe in it completely either.
Thats not true, his current actions support those records of him.

And even if he does do good in his past, does that mean he could be forgiven just like that?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:45   Link #273
Guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Can't say. Not stated clearly yet. But that doesn't mean it's automatically not worth the effort.
If it's worth it, then that's for Scaglietti to justify. I don't think the benefit of the doubt should automatically accrue to those who start violent insurgencies.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:46   Link #274
Mow Yun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Did Doc have any accident with his relics? Never heard of it.
Those couple of incidents that the TSAB discovered that Fate talked about in Episode 2(?) might count. :X
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:48   Link #275
An Hero in Disguise
Human
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Currently - Germany
Age: 29
Lol, I can't answer that fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
He does? When? he released drones he himsef aknowledged he had no control over once they started, on innocent humans, how is that 'limiting casualties'?
There're programs inside of Drones, did they look like berserking war machines attacking innocent people to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
I find it difficult to believe in Scaglietti the humanitarian, given his attitude to the products of his research like Fate and Elio - you don't talk about wanting to "get your hands" on the last remnants of the project if you're thinking of people as human beings and not experimental subjects.

If he's launching a violent rebellion, then I would think he could at least be a bit clearer about what benefits he's going to achieve, rather than making vague statements about the TSAB holding back scientific progress.

The only accomplishments we've seen from him since Project F are in the field of weaponry to support his insurrection - great progress, perhaps, but hardly a good argument that he would be a better custodian of the dimensions than the TSAB.
And how would you say that?

Well, nobody's perfect. He may be no orator.

More important things first. Once he gets some freedom of action he can proceed with the main part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Maybe he's metally ill as in he was so fascinated of the possibilities of human evolution

Plus,if the drones werent going to harm people,the type 3 in ep 5 would not fire a laser at erio intentionally.

ps.sigh........seems erio's character development is going to be rushed.No Emo scene for him
They only fire at hostile targets.
An Hero in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:50   Link #276
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Must... Find... Episode 17 RAW.... *Head into desk* @_@
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:51   Link #277
Guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
And how would you say that?
If he actually has a beneficial goal, then he could state those benefits more clearly. "They're holding back progress!" isn't much of an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Well, nobody's perfect. He may be no orator.
Uh huh. So would you trust someone who couldn't even articulate the cause they were willing to start a war over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
More important things first. Once he gets some freedom of action he can proceed with the main part.
I don't think anything I've seen so far suggests that he should be allowed the freedom of action to demonstrate what he has in mind.

Bottom line: if you're going to violently overturn the status quo, you'd better have a damned good reason. If Scaglietti has one, he's done a terrible job of communicating it. Under those circumstances, I can't see how that adds up to a reason for supporting him.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:52   Link #278
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
I do not find the idea of burying themin some depot better. Trying to avoid risks at the cost of staying ignorant to possible great scientific achievements sounds cowardly. Who playd with LL and caused the destruction of the worlds? For me it looked like random people who dug them up before TSAB. There're means to minimize the risks of dangerous research in TSAB disposal I believe. Did Doc have any accident with his relics? Never heard of it.
Go look at the manga, go watch the first season. The leaders of those worlds intentionally use that lost logia, and got themselves blown up.

For the sake of 'Scientific achievements', you are willing to risk an entire planet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Can't say. Not stated clearly yet. But that doesn't mean it's automatically not worth the effort. Where's blood on his hands? How many people died? Can you tell names?
If it's not clearly stated, then WHY are you so eager to believe in him when he has long held a record that proves otherwise?

I was just stating a scenario.

But in that case are you going to wait till someone dies then? SO are you the type that has to have reality smack you in the face before you wake up? DO you really need people to start dying before you wonder that maybe this isn't the right thing to do?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:53   Link #279
Nemesis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post

And how would you say that?

Well, nobody's perfect. He may be no orator.

More important things first. Once he gets some freedom of action he can proceed with the main part.

They only fire at hostile targets.
Hostile or not they are still humans.

Ps.i hope Erio would do something extreme in secret to increase his power.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:54   Link #280
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
There're programs inside of Drones, did they look like berserking war machines attacking innocent people to you?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
They only fire at hostile targets.
Oh really?

Spoiler for Hostile targets?:


A bunch of archeologists are hostile targets now? Interesting...
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.