AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-11-12, 01:01   Link #1
Kakashi Sensei
LstSrvvngSskeFnGrl
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: USA
Any ideas?

I wanna find some kind of new anime that's like ninja-ish w/o the perverted stuff (hentai etc...).

I've alread seen Kenshin, Ninja Scroll, Naruto, Flame of Recca... any ideas? Some popular that's pretty easy to find perferably...

(Yeah I know this should go on the suggestions board, but not many peeps post there.)
__________________
Signature removed by a Mod because at 174 pixels tall and with text below - it exceeded the signature size limits. Please read the Forum Rules for further information.
Kakashi Sensei is offline  
Old 2003-11-12, 01:08   Link #2
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Burlington, VT USA
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
I wanna find some kind of new anime that's like ninja-ish w/o the perverted stuff (hentai etc...).

I've alread seen Kenshin, Ninja Scroll, Naruto, Flame of Recca... any ideas? Some popular that's pretty easy to find perferably...

(Yeah I know this should go on the suggestions board, but not many peeps post there.)
Peacemaker Kurogane. It's got Samurai and a few ninjas so far. Pretty fun stuff.
Vulkar is offline  
Old 2003-11-12, 01:09   Link #3
mirichan
Senior member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
(Yeah I know this should go on the suggestions board, but not many peeps post there.)
That's not an excuse in my book.

If people start posting everywhere they feel because not much postees in the right forums, these will become a rightful mess soon.

The boards are new since the crash... it does not mean people won't read your thread in the right place!
mirichan is offline  
Old 2003-11-12, 01:50   Link #4
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
I wanna find some kind of new anime that's like ninja-ish w/o the perverted stuff (hentai etc...).

I've alread seen Kenshin, Ninja Scroll, Naruto, Flame of Recca... any ideas? Some popular that's pretty easy to find perferably...

(Yeah I know this should go on the suggestions board, but not many peeps post there.)
Ya like mirichan said I think you should've posted this in the suggestion board. You must obey the rules or the mods will get u.
__________________

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-11-12 at 02:53.
Keitaro is offline  
Old 2003-11-12, 02:50   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
(Yeah I know this should go on the suggestions board, but not many peeps post there.)
Arrogant of you. You know you're breaking the rules, but you just don't care. I'm gonna do two things in response to this.

The first is to move this thread where it belongs whether you like it there or not.

The second thing I'm doing is to give you a temporary ban. While I'm very forgiving when people break the rules by accident, I can't abide someone breaking the rules on purpose. See you in two days.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2003-11-12, 13:32   Link #6
GreyArea
Meatf***er
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: UK
Age: 34
You might like Samurai Deeper Kyo, looking at what you've liked so far. Lots of mystical elements ala Ninja Scroll / Naruto.
GreyArea is offline  
Old 2003-11-12, 21:05   Link #7
yeah_yeah_yeah
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Arrogant of you. You know you're breaking the rules, but you just don't care. I'm gonna do two things in response to this.

The first is to move this thread where it belongs whether you like it there or not.

The second thing I'm doing is to give you a temporary ban. While I'm very forgiving when people break the rules by accident, I can't abide someone breaking the rules on purpose. See you in two days.
man i am tired of crap like this

arrogant? what? all that person wanted to do was to ask for help, where he/she knew he/she could get most responses

THE INTENTION WAS TO ASK FOR HELP NOT TO MESS UP THIS FORUM

i guess you are so intolerant and paranoid that any thing that's not in its "place" piss you and people off


stop being a control freak
yeah_yeah_yeah is offline  
Old 2003-11-12, 21:09   Link #8
NenMaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: UK
Age: 31
u guys should add no swearing to the rules as well, some of my post have been edited because of it neway...

hunter x hunter, u should like, its not really a ninja anime but owns all :P
__________________
NenMaster is offline  
Old 2003-11-12, 21:31   Link #9
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah_yeah_yeah
man i am tired of crap like this

arrogant? what? all that person wanted to do was to ask for help, where he/she knew he/she could get most responses

THE INTENTION WAS TO ASK FOR HELP NOT TO MESS UP THIS FORUM

i guess you are so intolerant and paranoid that any thing that's not in its "place" piss you and people off


stop being a control freak
Wow you must have some balls to go up against a mod, the point is he knew he was breaking the forum rules and done it anyways. So now he has to face the consequences.

Like mirichan said if people start posting everywhere they feel because not much postees in the right forums, these will become a rightful mess soon. That is why everyone must follow the rules.
__________________
Keitaro is offline  
Old 2003-11-12, 23:20   Link #10
yeah_yeah_yeah
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Wow you must have some balls to go up against a mod, the point is he knew he was breaking the forum rules and done it anyways. So now he has to face the consequences.

Like mirichan said if people start posting everywhere they feel because not much postees in the right forums, these will become a rightful mess soon. That is why everyone must follow the rules.

yeah why can't we all just take one second and reply to the person who needs help and say "hey you shouldn't post here" instead of acting like this person just did something HORRIBLE, like this person killed somebody

i just don't understand why we need to be so overreactive over something like this, when it is clear that intention was not to breaking the rules for the sake of it

you people take those rules as if they are your lives, if they are broken your lives are torn apart and those rule-breakers must be destoryed

besides, jsut because a person is a mod doesn't mean he/she can't be criticized.

rules are rules, but there are also a need to treating people with dignity, even over the internet, espeically when rules are broken NOT for the sake of breaking them.
yeah_yeah_yeah is offline  
Old 2003-11-13, 01:06   Link #11
Kyubis Chakra
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Heh, hi there... and I'd just like to say that even though you froze my account doesn't mean I can't get on. I'll just keep making more names if you freeze them... and that was a little harsh just for trying to post a thread, sheesh... rules are rules, but they're not a matter of life or death. And this COULD be posted in the fansubs forum, because I was looking for a new one. If I knew I was gonna be froze, I wouldn't have made that comment. So chill out, k? And I see all these people posting about hentai stuff and making crude comments, but nothing ever happens to them...

By the way, you rock for standing up to a mod. Thanks for the help.
Kyubis Chakra is offline  
Old 2003-11-13, 04:52   Link #12
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Since Kyubis Chakra/Kakashi Sensei wasn't willing to simply wait out the two days until her temporary ban ended she's been IP banned.

I'd just like to make one thing clear about this. Her offense wasn't for posting a thread in the wrong forum. That happens all the time and I hardly care about it. Her initial offense was not caring that we have rules. She stated that she was ready to break our rules because she didn't agree with them.

Her second offense was creating a new account. (That's the Ninth Commandment in case you're curious.) She created this account specifically to spit in my face. She then stated she'll just keep on making up new names as fast as I freeze them. That only leaves me with one option to ban her.

Incidently I searched her posts (both accounts) to see if she'd said anything interesting enough that I could consider it a reason to keep her. I'm afraid that I wasn't impressed. This individual won't be on AnimeSuki anymore. Under any screen name.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.