AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-26, 17:15   Link #1
drkstar
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
The Will of D. SPOILER

i don't know if one of these have already been posted.
we all there are certain characters in the one piece world who carry the title D.
the carry of the initial D. all have a strong sense of believing in achieving their dreams. all the D's so far have all been incredibly strong, and are able to withstand inhuman pain and injuries. It is also not bound just to the human race, as proven with the introduction of the giant, Saulo.

In the story line Doctorine (Dr. kureha) was the first to mention the will of D. and reveal that Gold Rogers name was really Gol D. Roger.
"Dr Kureha: Do you know of Gol D. Roger?

Dalton: D? You mean Gold Roger?

Dr. Kureha: Is that what they call him now? It looks like...my little reindeer has followed a dangerous man. So it still lives... The will of D."

An odd thing about the one's who carry D. is were ever they turn up the seem to encourage or ignite change. sometimes seem as if they are drawn to fate.

The D's are very powerful. Gol D. Roger was said to be equal in strength to Whitebeard, who currently holds the title of "The Strongest Man in the World". Luffy defeated powerful villains such as Sir Crocodile, Enel, and Rob Lucci, and received a bounty of 300 million beli. His brother Ace, with his mera mera abilities, is feared , and well-known, and has physical strength on par with that of Luffy.

Dragon, the revolution's leader, is viewed as a serious threat by the World Government, and seems to be incredibly strong. Garp has monstrous strength and endurance, enough to intimidate Luffy (though this seems to be because of Garp's wierd training methods). Marshall D. Teach (Blackbeard) is also powerful (possibly equal to Shanks), and is currently viewed as a candidate for seizing Whitebeard's title as the strongest man in the world. also a person asked to take sir crocodile's position in the shichibikai (the seven war lords of the sea)

Jaguar D. Saulo was also very strong, since he was able to lift a Buster Call ship out of the water and slam it back down, thus destroying it. However, as he is a giant, this is not an unusual display of strength, though it is still something not every giant could do.

Their lack of fear may be because of their strength.

The biggest mystery with the D's is that those that carry the D themselves do not seem to fully understand what it means either. When asked by Nico Robin why those that carry the D fight, Monkey D. Luffy was completely clueless as to what she was talking about, as was Jaguar D. Saulo when she asked him during her childhood (displaying an absence of knowledge on the subject of the D).

the D's that are known to us & are alive:
Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Dragon
Monkey D. Garp
Portgas D. Ace
Marshall D. Teach

Known deceased D's
Gol D. Roger
Jaguar D. Saulo

that is some information that I have on the Will of D.
I was wondering what people thought the D meant, when the writer Eiichiro Oda was asked he just replied "it reads as D for now, it will be revealed in due time". I think it stands for DESTINY but what are your thoughts?
drkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 10:02   Link #2
amOKchen
duel me
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denmark
Age: 29
taken from wiki?
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 03:45   Link #3
EdAnnoyingOlderSis13
Ed'sAnnoyingSister
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: In hell with my father,waiting until I can rule.
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to EdAnnoyingOlderSis13
Wait why is Ace's last name diffrent from Luffy's if teir brothers?And do you think the 'D' stands for something I think the 'D' stands for Demon which would explain their emense strength,that or Devil.
EdAnnoyingOlderSis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 09:34   Link #4
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdAnnoyingOlderSis13 View Post
Wait why is Ace's last name diffrent from Luffy's if teir brothers?
Well, i've asked the same question as you not too long ago, and many people answerd with "maybe he's Luffys halfbrother" or "maybe they just grew up together".
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 14:23   Link #5
EdAnnoyingOlderSis13
Ed'sAnnoyingSister
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: In hell with my father,waiting until I can rule.
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to EdAnnoyingOlderSis13
Quote:
Originally Posted by malinn View Post
Well, i've asked the same question as you not too long ago, and many people answerd with "maybe he's Luffys halfbrother" or "maybe they just grew up together".
Well I'm pretty sure their brothers they have resamblance to each other,but maybe the person who said the D iis the last name was right?
EdAnnoyingOlderSis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 06:33   Link #6
ththth12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
'will of D' might have something to do with lost history and nation. They might be descedants of that nation, and might have promised to keep its memory alive, or maybe even to recover it.
Those clues left around world, true history, might be just guide into that lost nation, and 'one piece' might be that country itself.
__________________
ththth12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 08:00   Link #7
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Maybe Ace took his mother's family name...instead of his father....

Dragon most likely does have the Highest Known bounty in the OP world, because he viewed as the Greatest Criminal in the World.

Blackbeard is stronger than Shanks...
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 12:56   Link #8
Destinypoint
U.R.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
D is a letter which possibly follows the most powerful men in op.
__________________
D.M.
Destinypoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 01:53   Link #9
tntrulez
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Maybe Ace took his mother's family name...instead of his father....

Dragon most likely does have the Highest Known bounty in the OP world, because he viewed as the Greatest Criminal in the World.

Blackbeard is stronger than Shanks...
Blackbeard stronger than Shanks? What are you talking about? When did they ever fight?
tntrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 03:00   Link #10
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntrulez View Post
Blackbeard stronger than Shanks? What are you talking about? When did they ever fight?
It has been revealed for quite some time now that Blackbeard is the one who gave Shanks those three scars. Shanks also stated that he wasn't careless in their confrontation and he takes him very seriously.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 06:26   Link #11
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It has been revealed for quite some time now that Blackbeard is the one who gave Shanks those three scars. Shanks also stated that he wasn't careless in their confrontation and he takes him very seriously.
That still doesn't prove that Blackbeard is strongest. I bet Shanks could slay that ugly seamonster thingy in the start of OP easy, but that thing bit he's arm off.
And i bet Shanks is stronger than he was 10 years ago.
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 12:36   Link #12
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by malinn View Post
That still doesn't prove that Blackbeard is strongest. I bet Shanks could slay that ugly seamonster thingy in the start of OP easy, but that thing bit he's arm off.
And i bet Shanks is stronger than he was 10 years ago.
I wasn't trying to prove that Blackbeard is the strongest. I was trying to suggest that there is a possibility that Blackbeard could be stronger than Shanks based on the information presented to us so far in the story.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 16:08   Link #13
Red-hair Pirate
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
I wasn't trying to prove that Blackbeard is the strongest. I was trying to suggest that there is a possibility that Blackbeard could be stronger than Shanks based on the information presented to us so far in the story.
Blackbeard is not stronger than Shanks , When Shanks was on Whitebeards Ship , he said " LEAVE YOUR HANDS OFF BLACKBEARD " means that he wants to deal with blackbeard alone , and Shanks got that scar 22 years ago , When blackbeard was on his ship , and when Shanks was a boy.......
Spoiler for episode:
Red-hair Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 17:58   Link #14
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-hair Pirate View Post
Blackbeard is not stronger than Shanks , When Shanks was on Whitebeards Ship , he said " LEAVE YOUR HANDS OFF BLACKBEARD " means that he wants to deal with blackbeard alone , and Shanks got that scar 22 years ago , When blackbeard was on his ship , and when Shanks was a boy.......
Spoiler for episode:
It is clearly evident that you did not pay attention at all to what Shanks and Whitebeard had discussed. First off, Shanks only told Whitebeard to call back Ace because it wasn't the right time for him to fight Blackbeard. He never said "LEAVE YOUR HANDS OFF BLACKBEARD". Secondly, how do you know that Blackbeard is not stronger than Shanks? Where is your proof of this bold claim you make? Shanks simply stated that it was Blackbeard who gave him that scar and this was during the time when he was on Whitebeard's crew. Mind you that this was before he ate the darkness fruit, so that tells you something about how strong Blackbeard is. We don't know exactly how many years it has been, however, since Shanks got his scar. If you look at the flashback of when Shanks was present at Gold Roger's execution, his hair is covering the eye that has scars over it so we don't know if he had it at that time (22 years ago).
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 23:24   Link #15
Red-hair Pirate
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
It is clearly evident that you did not pay attention at all to what Shanks and Whitebeard had discussed. First off, Shanks only told Whitebeard to call back Ace because it wasn't the right time for him to fight Blackbeard. He never said "LEAVE YOUR HANDS OFF BLACKBEARD". Secondly, how do you know that Blackbeard is not stronger than Shanks? Where is your proof of this bold claim you make? Shanks simply stated that it was Blackbeard who gave him that scar and this was during the time when he was on Whitebeard's crew. Mind you that this was before he ate the darkness fruit, so that tells you something about how strong Blackbeard is. We don't know exactly how many years it has been, however, since Shanks got his scar. If you look at the flashback of when Shanks was present at Gold Roger's execution, his hair is covering the eye that has scars over it so we don't know if he had it at that time (22 years ago).
I did pay attention you moron , he said "LEAVE YOUR HANDS OFF BLACKBEARD" he said that at the end , plus Shanks is stronger then Blackbeard...PROOF
Spoiler for episode:
Red-hair Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 00:49   Link #16
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-hair Pirate View Post
I did pay attention you moron , he said "LEAVE YOUR HANDS OFF BLACKBEARD" he said that at the end , plus Shanks is stronger then Blackbeard...PROOF
Spoiler for episode:
Okay. Shanks did say "Leave Blackbeard Teach alone!!". I apologize for denying this earlier. However, you completely misunderstood his intention for saying that. You believed he said that because he wanted to take care of Blackbeard by himself. This is not the case. He only said this because there would be serious consequences for Whitebeard and Ace if Ace were to not be called back. This is what their entire discussion was about. It definitely was not about Shanks wanting to deal with Blackbeard alone, as you stated. Reread chapter 434 from pages 13 to 17. Also, bounty does not exactly equate to the strength of a character. You are saying that because Blackbeard's bounty is 0, anyone with a bounty greater than that could beat him. So basically you believe that Chopper with a bounty of 50 could beat him, even though Chopper is no where near his level. Great logic there. You say Shanks has an ultimate high bounty. May I ask you where you got this information from? That's right. You can't tell me because it hasn't even been revealed yet.

On a final note, stop being a disrespectful fanboy. It is quite sad that you had to resort to insulting me and what you said in your last response only had poor reasoning as to why you believe Shanks is stronger than Blackbeard. Try to actually take some time to respond to people's comments in the future. I assure you you will come up with more intelligent responses.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 01:32   Link #17
Red-hair Pirate
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Okay. Shanks did say "Leave Blackbeard Teach alone!!". I apologize for denying this earlier. However, you completely misunderstood his intention for saying that. You believed he said that because he wanted to take care of Blackbeard by himself. This is not the case. He only said this because there would be serious consequences for Whitebeard and Ace if Ace were to not be called back. This is what their entire discussion was about. It definitely was not about Shanks wanting to deal with Blackbeard alone, as you stated. Reread chapter 434 from pages 13 to 17. Also, bounty does not exactly equate to the strength of a character. You are saying that because Blackbeard's bounty is 0, anyone with a bounty greater than that could beat him. So basically you believe that Chopper with a bounty of 50 could beat him, even though Chopper is no where near his level. Great logic there. You say Shanks has an ultimate high bounty. May I ask you where you got this information from? That's right. You can't tell me because it hasn't even been revealed yet.

On a final note, stop being a disrespectful fanboy. It is quite sad that you had to resort to insulting me and what you said in your last response only had poor reasoning as to why you believe Shanks is stronger than Blackbeard. Try to actually take some time to respond to people's comments in the future. I assure you you will come up with more intelligent responses.
Shanks, who is one of Four Emperors, is monitored by the World Government as a possible threat to the balance of power in the world. They even consider killing him as a possible option should he get out of hand. As a member of the Yonkou, it is likely that he has an extremely high bounty.
Red-hair Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 11:19   Link #18
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-hair Pirate View Post
As a member of the Yonkou, it is likely that he has an extremely high bounty.
So what? bounty doesn't count.
Anyway, we don't know who's the strongest yet,
so stop calling people morons. And it is a bit funny
that this discussion is between Blackbeard D. Kuma and Red-Hair Pirate.

Ps. I'm sorry if i offended you Blackbeard D. K, with that other post

... soo... lets talk about the will of D!
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 13:01   Link #19
MasterX
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Well, I have a theory which may makes sense, so listen well.

It's true that Luffy, Ace, Dragon and Garp are all blood-related.
It's also true that Ace had contact with Blackbeard.
It's also true that Roger and Saulo also have the initial "D".

It may be a particular name for those who related to Luffy's family, blood and comradeship. Perhaps Garp had something to do with Saulo and Dragon had something to do with Roger. Roger was the "Pirate King", but Dragon was "The Greatest Criminal in the World". If you look at the histories, it's possible.
__________________
We shouldn't worry about being able to achieve our dreams, as long as we have the desire to do it! - Coby
MasterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 09:49   Link #20
gnc742
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
What if Gol D. Roger is Garp's brother. lol

so those who carry the D. it seems they

*have big appetite
*sleep a lot
*do not fear death
*are confident that they are strong
*are idiots
*laugh a lot

How about what D means for a topic.

Monkey D. Luffy

D = Dangerous.
__________________
Every Era has it's Hero - Rubel

Last edited by gnc742; 2008-06-05 at 11:34.
gnc742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.