AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-02-21, 22:08   Link #21
zillford
Wandering/Rambling Artist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In a state of denial... denial Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
...Naruto doesn't have any good martial arts in it, except for the tai-jutsu that Rock Lee and Gai Sensei use...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickels
see... but the fact that you picked rock lee and gai as the only good examples of real martial arts just proves you don't know what your talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
...Gai and Lee where the only ones that came to mind when I though of real martial arts...
exactly. that's what he's saying. BECAUSE they are what came to mind when you thought 'real martial arts' shows that you aren't the 'ninja master' you claim to be.

I'll believe that you've been doing martial arts half your life, because with spelling errors like THIS:

Quote:
...the good fights seens...
that would mean you only have been doing it for 6 years. and unless you learned english phonetically, you can't even claim the 'english as a second language' protection on this one.

now, in the future, before you get belligerent at someone deflating your ego abit, ask yourself, "would a statement like this, made to the general public, seem abit full-of-itself?"

I seriously don't care if you've spent your entire life at a Shaolin temple and only JUST managed to sneak out to post on this forum. Just be prepared to have people giggle at you when you say you "know for sure" everything about fighting.




and as a personal note, don't call me/anyone 'kid'. especially if YOU'RE the one typing at the 3rd grade level and claiming that people who can kick through paleozoic rock are 'real martial artists, and I know for sure because I trained for half my life'.
zillford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 23:40   Link #22
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: I LOVE NEW YORK cough* my ass cough*
Age: 27
Edit: Nevermind, I had no idea what you people were talking about.

I have a conclusion to this little flame war kindling here:
EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion and they can say whatever they like as long as it does not harm another. The fact that you guys are putting him down when he himself says that he is a martial artist is both prejudiced and messed up. I bet you you guys are gonna make fun of me when i say Im a black belt in kendo. (which is true btw, just had to show off u kno gomenasai.
__________________
What is a friend? It is single soul dwelling in two bodies. -Aristotle
I don't just think the glass is half empty, I think somebody stole half my damn drink
I'd rather betray the world then let the world betray me. -Cao Cao
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 07:10   Link #23
zillford
Wandering/Rambling Artist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In a state of denial... denial Minnesota
I agree, Kage-Bunshin, everyone is entitled to their oppinions.

but saying "I think" and "I know for sure" are two different things. especially when one goes on to make a ludacris finish: one can not 'know for sure' all the things he claims about 'martial arts'. there are too many styles for a modest practitioner to 'know for sure' about intangables such as 'fighting abilities'.

no, I'm not gonna make fun of you. training in a martial art is great; it focuses the mind and builds the body. hell, I'M a blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do, all I'm saying is that that doesn't give one much for credentials.


my statement was that his SURENESS is what made me laugh, not his training or his oppinion.
zillford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 15:27   Link #24
Floodgear
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
LOL

Okey don't take it bad but it was really funny so thanks for the laugh

The dude has a point. There is a difference between martial arts and fighting. Most of the fight scenes have some martial arts in it but a lot of the movements are not really martial art related.
That was the only thing he was saying and he was right!
Floodgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 15:48   Link #25
xavier8200
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I agree with copy ninja kakashi in that airmaster has some incredible animation. It got to the point where I was almost skipping to the fight scenes. I also believe that Kenshin Rem. Is the best animated so far. Hajime no Ippo also has its moments as well (BOXING).

Thats all I have to say for now.

While it was funny lay off the grammar comments. I mean are you all going to write my english papers for me next?
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 15:56   Link #26
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
I agree with copy ninja kakashi in that airmaster has some incredible animation.
I hope you mean fight choreography...

I swear. that chick in purple had boobs that rivaled the ones in eiken oav.
__________________
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 16:49   Link #27
xavier8200
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
I hope you mean fight choreography...

I swear. that chick in purple had boobs that rivaled the ones in eiken oav.

fight choreography or however you choose to describe it. Airmaster has some of the best fights i have ever seen. Now whether the whole anime is good or bad is still up in the air. If I can make it through angelic layer I can watch airmaster.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 16:58   Link #28
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
I have never taken any martial arts in my life, but I would easily choke the shit out of all you nerds and your black belts.
__________________
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 17:20   Link #29
zillford
Wandering/Rambling Artist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In a state of denial... denial Minnesota
*applauds Hiko*
zillford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 17:22   Link #30
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
I have never taken any martial arts in my life, but I would easily choke the shit out of all you nerds and your black belts.
if you sat on me i suspect i would die.

Xavier: if you can sit through one episode of airmaster, MSgundam and Eiken OAV, you can sit through anything.
__________________
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 18:11   Link #31
xavier8200
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
Xavier: if you can sit through one episode of airmaster, MSgundam and Eiken OAV, you can sit through anything.

I agree. although i haven't watched MS Gundam or Eiken. Ill try to avoid those two. Thanks for the heads up.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 19:20   Link #32
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: look behind you...
the fight scenes in naruto is flashy and all.. but nothing compares to GENKI SUDO!

the way that guy fights is HILARIOUS! (not only that, but he fought like a fool in UFC, and WON too!)

i think the most memorable fight scene is from the first episode of cowboy bebop.. Spike pulled some crazy moves there..

there really isn't any authentic martial arts (or whatever you want to call it) in naruto .. its just flipping around and kicking stuff.... though the sasuke/orochimaru fight was (imo) the best fight in the series so far.
__________________

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 22:39   Link #33
whatever123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
the fight scenes in naruto is flashy and all.. but nothing compares to GENKI SUDO!

the way that guy fights is HILARIOUS! (not only that, but he fought like a fool in UFC, and WON too!)
very true with his hillarous fighting technique he even upset the most serious champions
__________________
whatever123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 06:45   Link #34
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floodgear
The dude has a point. There is a difference between martial arts and fighting. Most of the fight scenes have some martial arts in it but a lot of the movements are not really martial art related.
That was the only thing he was saying and he was right!
No that wasn't the only thing neither the funny point.
The funny part was to say that he was able to know that Naruto didn't really have any true scene of martial arts because he was initiated to that since quite a while.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.