AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-02-03, 18:52   Link #41
Shiori
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 30
Yes!!! Sagura definately loves Chidori!!! He's just clueless on whole social behaviour thingy. ^__^ <gomen I just started watching FMPF>

I think someone meantioned this before, but at the end of FMP, Sagura takes Chidori to his "secret" place. SO I guess that for a guy to show any girl something that no one else knows about, is a sign of affection.
Shiori is offline  
Old 2004-02-06, 02:04   Link #42
roguenoir
Rogue Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Well, we'll just have to wait for the 3rd season and see... if it ever comes out.. Clearly by the way it's set up, you're probably supposed to assume that Souske and Kaname will be together in the end, though that doesn't say that Tessa won't try to interfere. After all, she's got Souske tied to a leash (no pun intended); if things get too close between him and Kaname, she can recall him back.. but Tessa doesn't seem to be the type who'd abuse her power.
roguenoir is offline  
Old 2004-02-06, 15:29   Link #43
Xaros
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: north greece
Age: 33
yes i agree but
all the anime is set so sagara and chidori to be together so if that hapens (and i have a filling it will) it will have so many turns in the season 3 so we will enjoyed at the end
__________________
The best armor is to be out of range
Xaros is offline  
Old 2004-02-06, 16:41   Link #44
BladeMasterZing
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Biased!

I think the reason why majority of us prefer chidori to be together is sagura is because of fumo guy episodes.

Fumo episode is all about sagara and chidori. Remember in ranma(Any1 who watched it)? Some people actually prefer Ranma to not be with the main cast girl in the first place(i read the comic, so its in chinese and i cant figure out an english name).

But because i see the main cast girl so much ,i rather she be with ranma in the end. But in the first place, i rather ranma be with that china girl. Some ranma fanweb prefer that cook to be with ranma too. But after seeing the main cast girl too much, i actually starts to prefer her.

But if u ask me, if all the episodes are tesse chidori and sagura in an all out equal fight... i will say chidori put down that fan, no guys want their gf to smack them all the time in public, though they dont get angry, it gets embrassing.

Tesse share military interest with sagura, in the long run, they might be military specialist(which tesse actually already is). Sagura will have so much fun with Tesse doing military stuffs and discussing it, bringing military to a higher level(like that bonta kun suit). And when they are old, they will be top military advisors.

Chidori do not care bout military stuffs, infact all she cares bout is getting good grades and maybe oneday, meet some guy she likes and become the average housewife. Place sagura with her and u will realize she will have a stressful life. She is already vexed that she has to clean up after sagura, that she actually wanted to give him up and go with her senpai during the funfair episode. If you place both of them together, they might be divorced some day. But as we know, sagura will be willing to change for chidori(love overcomes all) so it might not be what i said. But sagura should stick to military, its his life. He needs a girl who like military stuffs too, like tesse. Its not asif its drugs that is his life, he shouldnt change, neither should chidori.

Tesse is not only willing to clean up after sagura, she is willing to join sagura in making the school an exciting place for everyone. If sagura is a cook, first thing tesse will do is give up being the captain and be his assistant for the rest of her life. And the point is, tesse wont be stressed to do that, infact she finds it easy(love overcomes all). Try getting chidori to like military stuffs, sagura is going to be smacked by the fan alot. Try getting sagura to like school, hmm.....

I guess we r just biased for chidori because we keep seeing her with sagura, but being a guy who likes platinum hair girls(ok i am biased), i feel that tesse should be with sagura. As for chidori, she is better off with guys who are calm, steady and think before they act with muscles(she get into trouble alot). Two good stuffs that sagura has for chidori is his assurance of safety and he dont look at other girls(a plus for any woman out there). Sagura not only tries to protect, he actually did it with 100% assurance. chidori gets into trouble too much.
BladeMasterZing is offline  
Old 2004-02-08, 21:05   Link #45
tennyo_ayu
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ayu's entourage...
wow...u shure put a lot of thought into this......
tennyo_ayu is offline  
Old 2004-02-09, 04:25   Link #46
Z'd Jung
Maniacal
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ol', isolated, peaceful Perth/Brunei
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMasterZing
I think the reason why majority of us prefer chidori to be together is sagura is because of fumo guy episodes.

Fumo episode is all about sagara and chidori. Remember in ranma(Any1 who watched it)? Some people actually prefer Ranma to not be with the main cast girl in the first place..........
and so on and so forth, etc. etc okaaay, i already gave up when i saw that it filled up the whole page so i'm gonna go on ignoring it. (no offense Zing ).

Anyway, i was going to say that Sousuke's gotta end up with Chidori, sure he's an absolute ####### (the rugby ep was ####### hilarious ) idiot socially but he's not going to be any better with Tessa and if anything, worse 'cause he only sees her as a superior officer, whereas he actually seems to react (to some extent) when it comes to Kaname, like in the Fumo Park ep in FMPF or the ep when Kaname said she hated him, he actually looked hurt. Besides, Kaname's got blue hair.
__________________
GONZO! BANZAI! GONZO! BANZAI! GONZO! BANZAI!
I say, Murf! Oro?
Z'd Jung is offline  
Old 2004-02-10, 16:03   Link #47
Xaros
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: north greece
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z'd Jung
and so on and so forth, etc. etc okaaay, i already gave up when i saw that it filled up the whole page so i'm gonna go on ignoring it. (no offense Zing ).

Anyway, i was going to say that Sousuke's gotta end up with Chidori, sure he's an absolute ####### (the rugby ep was ####### hilarious ) idiot socially but he's not going to be any better with Tessa and if anything, worse 'cause he only sees her as a superior officer, whereas he actually seems to react (to some extent) when it comes to Kaname, like in the Fumo Park ep in FMPF or the ep when Kaname said she hated him, he actually looked hurt. Besides, Kaname's got blue hair.

me 2 all the way chidory sasuke
__________________
The best armor is to be out of range
Xaros is offline  
Old 2004-02-22, 18:19   Link #48
Kurama no Miko2003
Twirly! Twirly~!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Wherever my favorite guy in the whole wide world is
Send a message via AIM to Kurama no Miko2003
I'm not sure if Sagara knows how to put how he feels for Kaname into words . . . while it is rather cliched, it's quite possible he doesn't know how to tell her. But then again, I could be wrong; all I've seen is the first 7 eps of season 1 and all of Fumoffu. But it is quite clear from the way how Sagara reacts in the theme park episode that he does have feelings for her. Otherwise, I don't think he'd react quite the way he did. And it's very obvious that Chidori likes him. She turned down the guy she went to the park with, especially after she saw Sagara (as Bonta-kun) running from the park security. I'm pretty sure Sagara loves her . . . he just needs to figure out how to tell her.

~ Kurama no Miko2003
Kurama no Miko2003 is offline  
Old 2004-02-23, 15:27   Link #49
TheForkOfJustice
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Answer is simple

Tessa is just a foil in the plot to wedge between Sagara and Chidori.

Tessa is Mutsumi from Love Hina. She is the rival you couldn't hate and is in every way superior to the leading female. The best romantic rivals are always superior (intelligent, rich, well-bred, etc). This way we can root for the underdog and it adds a touch more conflict.

To compare some simple points:

Mutsumi and Keitaro shared similar personality traits (clutsyness, scatter-brained).
Tessa and Sagara are both military-minded (although Sagara takes it to extremes)

Mutsumi professes her love for Keitaro openly. Naru doesn't.
Tessa professes her love for Sagara openly. Chidori doesn't.

Mutsumi was more feminine than Naru.
Tessa was more feminine than Chidori.

Mutsumi was super smart but physically weak.
Tessa...ditto.

The 'weakness' just increases the male protectiveness instinct, which increases her likelihood of being picked as a mate and I don't consider it a depriment at all.

The inevitable pair-up will be Sagara/Chidori (if Sagara can run fast enough so he'll be around for a 3rd series ^^).

Personally, I don't mind the way FMPF ended. It can end that way for good as far as I care.

Meh I think that's enuf
TheForkOfJustice is offline  
Old 2004-02-23, 16:16   Link #50
LittleBoyBaka
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
>:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromageTheDog
Yeah; I've never quite figured out the traditional anime fascination with having these unfortunate love triangles. One person always seems to end up left in the cold (FMP, presumably) or dead (Scrapped Princess). All rather depressing.

- Fromage
Thanks for spoiling Scrapped Princess for me.
LittleBoyBaka is offline  
Old 2004-02-23, 18:39   Link #51
Evilbunny
Cave guardian
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NYC
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMasterZing
I think the reason why majority of us prefer chidori to be together is sagura is because of fumo guy episodes.

Fumo episode is all about sagara and chidori. Remember in ranma(Any1 who watched it)? Some people actually prefer Ranma to not be with the main cast girl in the first place(i read the comic, so its in chinese and i cant figure out an english name).

But because i see the main cast girl so much ,i rather she be with ranma in the end. But in the first place, i rather ranma be with that china girl. Some ranma fanweb prefer that cook to be with ranma too. But after seeing the main cast girl too much, i actually starts to prefer her.

But if u ask me, if all the episodes are tesse chidori and sagura in an all out equal fight... i will say chidori put down that fan, no guys want their gf to smack them all the time in public, though they dont get angry, it gets embrassing.

Tesse share military interest with sagura, in the long run, they might be military specialist(which tesse actually already is). Sagura will have so much fun with Tesse doing military stuffs and discussing it, bringing military to a higher level(like that bonta kun suit). And when they are old, they will be top military advisors.

Chidori do not care bout military stuffs, infact all she cares bout is getting good grades and maybe oneday, meet some guy she likes and become the average housewife. Place sagura with her and u will realize she will have a stressful life. She is already vexed that she has to clean up after sagura, that she actually wanted to give him up and go with her senpai during the funfair episode. If you place both of them together, they might be divorced some day. But as we know, sagura will be willing to change for chidori(love overcomes all) so it might not be what i said. But sagura should stick to military, its his life. He needs a girl who like military stuffs too, like tesse. Its not asif its drugs that is his life, he shouldnt change, neither should chidori.

Tesse is not only willing to clean up after sagura, she is willing to join sagura in making the school an exciting place for everyone. If sagura is a cook, first thing tesse will do is give up being the captain and be his assistant for the rest of her life. And the point is, tesse wont be stressed to do that, infact she finds it easy(love overcomes all). Try getting chidori to like military stuffs, sagura is going to be smacked by the fan alot. Try getting sagura to like school, hmm.....

I guess we r just biased for chidori because we keep seeing her with sagura, but being a guy who likes platinum hair girls(ok i am biased), i feel that tesse should be with sagura. As for chidori, she is better off with guys who are calm, steady and think before they act with muscles(she get into trouble alot). Two good stuffs that sagura has for chidori is his assurance of safety and he dont look at other girls(a plus for any woman out there). Sagura not only tries to protect, he actually did it with 100% assurance. chidori gets into trouble too much.

That was beautiful, man. Very very well written. I agree with you, i personally think tessa is a much better choice for sousuke than chidori. I mean, Sousuke and chidori being together is good for comical use, but would it really work in a relationship? As Zing said it would just cause less stress for everyone if he just learned to like Tessa. Personally i don't see why he likes chidori more than tessa. Seriously, i can not figure out a single reason that would make him prefer a violant, short- tempered girl that hits him a lot over a patient, cute girl that would not yell even if she were on fire. This is like, choosing sakura over hinata. Why the hell would you do that?
__________________
Pancake Bunny of WACWNS
Evilbunny is offline  
Old 2004-03-04, 17:33   Link #52
Rifka
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: grew up all over
Age: 33
I agreee that Kaname challenges him much more. I've only been to episode 14, but I prefer Kaname to Tessa so far. Tessa is a little too much perfection for me. She lacks a dynamical nature and seems well, um stagnant maybe. By the way, how many eps are there total?
Rifka is offline  
Old 2004-03-04, 17:44   Link #53
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilbunny
That was beautiful, man. Very very well written. I agree with you, i personally think tessa is a much better choice for sousuke than chidori. I mean, Sousuke and chidori being together is good for comical use, but would it really work in a relationship? As Zing said it would just cause less stress for everyone if he just learned to like Tessa. Personally i don't see why he likes chidori more than tessa. Seriously, i can not figure out a single reason that would make him prefer a violant, short- tempered girl that hits him a lot over a patient, cute girl that would not yell even if she were on fire. This is like, choosing sakura over hinata. Why the hell would you do that?
its the blue hair

rifka:
24 FMP
12 FMPF (in 17 parts)
__________________

In a Teletha Tesstarossa mood :3
I)ark-I)eath is offline  
Old 2004-03-05, 13:17   Link #54
Yugure
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 30
I just don't like Tessa. She seems somewhat self-centered and doesn't really take into account Sagara's emotions. Instead of moving a little more slowly which is more suited Sagara's personality when it comes to emotions, she grabs onto him like a leech. Making him highly uncomfortable.
I honestly don't think Tessa is more suited to him. She's his superior and I doubt he'll ever be able to see past that. Plus, I think all her coworkers would kill him before he could even start dating her. Chidori has physical stamina to keep up with him. He seems to enjoy her company more in FMP?F
Yugure is offline  
Old 2004-03-05, 16:12   Link #55
Shirayuki
&amp;lt;insert cool title&amp;gt;
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
too lazy to read everything 'cause they're all so long... don't particularly like tessa....

SOUSUKE KANAME BANZAI~~ o.o;;
Shirayuki is offline  
Old 2006-04-07, 00:42   Link #56
Kai Yukari
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Of course Sousuke likes Kaname

Spoiler:


therefore the love triangle between Kaname-Sousuke-Tessa is definitely pushed back to give way to a new love triangle that would be Sousuke-Kaname-Leonard
Kai Yukari is offline  
Old 2006-04-07, 16:12   Link #57
pachogamez
meh
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
well, novel spoilers, just to clarify the relationship to the actual point ...

@@@SPOILERS@@@
Spoiler:


I suggest you read the novels, because if will take long time before they're animated
pachogamez is offline  
Old 2006-04-08, 11:18   Link #58
full_metal_sousuke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
in BOMF ther is no love triangle i believe. they nami and sousuke are just friends.
__________________
full_metal_sousuke is offline  
Old 2006-04-24, 23:39   Link #59
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well just judging things from the Second Raid part. Sousuke was pulled away from Kaname by orders. Tessa sure let him have it when he was clearly thinking intently about Kaname most of the time. Plus he just walked away from Mithril after a while and the only thing that pulled him back together was Kaname kicking his ass. Looks like he needs her around for him to even get his military duties done.
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2006-04-27, 14:50   Link #60
zerome
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachogamez
well, novel spoilers, just to clarify the relationship to the actual point ...

@@@SPOILERS@@@
Spoiler:


I suggest you read the novels, because if will take long time before they're animated

And that is the novel not the anime version.

so the that means the relationships that are in the novel aren't quite the same compared to the anime version.

so pretty much whatever sagarra said in the novel isn't really what will happen in the anime.

that was your point right.
zerome is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.