AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-29, 20:29   Link #1
zillford
Wandering/Rambling Artist

fan spliced anime version: thoughts?

one thing I've been kicking around in my head for awhile is to take the overly stilted episodes and editing them down to more OVA paced segments.

wouldn't it be nice if some of these REALLY stretched out eps could be compacted to a single half hour?

I feel the story and action deserves more than a weekly anime pace, so I've been trying to fathom how to cut the current play time in roughly half (maybe more?).

my only thing I'm unable to figure out is how to cut out the music tracks without severely damaging the voices. this would be necissary because otherwise the music would hiccup and jump from the cuts. I'd need to re-apply the audio tracks after the fact...

which wouldn't be hard, it's the RIPPING that baffles me.

any thoughts?
zillford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 22:09   Link #2
GreyArea
Meatf***er

I'd be interested in seeing a 'manga edit' of some of the epsiodes, with the pace increased somewhat, and all the filler removed.

About the music, that wouldnt be too bad, any decent video and audio editting software would allow you to fade in and out the music as necessary, there's pretty much nothing you could do about the continuity of the music without having access to the original audio steams.

Nice idea though.

p.s. I thought this thread was about the manga-sub episode by Narutards, which I thought was quite impressive actually.
Old 2004-02-23, 21:07   Link #3
zillford

anyone else have an idea on how to rip the speech from the music?

I've got Cool Edit Pro 2 as well as Premiere, so I have pretty much any tool I would need. but the only "vocal ripping" I've ever done has been on produced music tracks, and that's an entirely different ballgame. does anyone know how animated TV shows usually have diologue panned in comparison to the music? I might be able to figure it out if I knew that...
Old 2004-02-23, 21:44   Link #4
Umbrae
Generic Human

Personaly I thought it would have been a good idea to go through, edit out the openings, endings, and previews, as well as the 3-5 min recap from the last episode. then merge them togeather into 1-2 hour long episodes that actualy flow well togeather.

Most of the good fights in this series take 3+ episodes to get through. Although I think alot of the filler should be left in. cut out all the recaps of pervious episodes, and the entier first half of the first special 1 hour episode that was just a full recap of the series to that point. ect.

Of course I had not idea how to do that, so never tired.
Old 2004-02-23, 23:56   Link #5
zillford

well, i can do all that right now, removing large sections and combining shows is just basic editing.

I was thinking of a more surgical take on the editing, not removing filler per se, but any filler that is slow, un-informative, and un-interesting. maybe also removing some of the intelligence insulting bits where someone gives WAY to much exposition/explanation because the show is targeted at a younger audience.
Old 2004-02-24, 01:25   Link #6
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

It might interest some but I want all there is, Im greedy, and if its crap, I can skip it myself. But not a bad idea, just mark it clearly for us. Would be nice to show someone anime that you can barely get to watch any of it, then you won't hear complaints about filler or recaps.
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 02:30   Link #7
Umbrae
Generic Human

humm wonder how much of the series would be left if all the filler and recaps were cut out. 2/3rds? less?