AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 69 14.32%
Lelouch x C.C. 272 56.43%
Lelouch x Karen 199 41.29%
Lelouch x Shirley 106 21.99%
Lelouch x Milly 43 8.92%
Lelouch x Viletta 10 2.07%
Suzaku x Euphemia 126 26.14%
Suzaku x Nunally 36 7.47%
Jeremiah x Viletta 23 4.77%
Cornelia X Guilford 34 7.05%
Nina x Euphemia 25 5.19%
Zero x Karen 123 25.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 482. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-07, 13:04   Link #681
secriden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
To Lloyd, Suzaku is the only capable pilot. So giving it back, right after saving it, is really the only thing he can do for his results. Keeping it away from battle serves him no purpose. You do have a point, however, that I am looking at it through only one light. But then again, you are looking at it through the other. :P
Touche. I do find it odd, however, that he'd let it go so easily since it had just been injured (when Suzaku fought Kallen and that....special arm thing that her Knighmare can do)

Quote:
I agree with Milly and Rival, but it seems like it would be the only innocent pairing the show can come to have.
:\ Why would anyone want an innocent pairing? That's like....Barney and that yellow girl dinosaur. Disturbing. Especially with CG's rather serous elements.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:07   Link #682
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Suzaku isn't the only capable pilot, where the f did that come from?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-08-07, 13:14   Link #683
secriden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Suzaku isn't the only capable pilot, where the f did that come from?
*confused* Lloyd said that Suzaku was the only person who could manage Lancelot to it's full potential in one of the episodes, right?

Although I think Kallen probably matches him in piloting.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:17   Link #684
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by secriden View Post
*confused* Lloyd said that Suzaku was the only person who could manage Lancelot to it's full potential in one of the episodes, right?

Although I think Kallen probably matches him in piloting.
Yes, he did. Episode two or three. That is what I was referring to Majek. There are plenty of capable pilots but not for Lancelot.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:24   Link #685
Meatrose
Antihero

Exactly. Maybe I came to the wrong conclusions somewhere along the way, but I always assumed that there was some kind of way of measuring the compatibility between pilot and Knightmare. You know, sort of like the EVA-compatibility in NGE, only this is in a non-explained (or "yet-to-be-explained") kind of way. This obviously doesn't apply when it comes to standard K-mares, only the "special ones". Like Sagara Sousuke and the Lambda Driver in the Arbalest. But... what the hell do I know. These are only vague speculations.

Edit: lol, I was actually confused when I realized what thread I was posting in. We've dragged this thread at least a couple of miles straight into the Off Topic Forest. ^^
Old 2007-08-07, 23:37   Link #686
Ky-66
Nuclear Trance

Honestly I dont think that lloyd and milly are in it for love at all. Two examples-
1. Lloyd agrees with cecile when she says that he has no interest in women.
2.Milly seems to only be doing this marriage for convenience sake.(getting her family's status back)

In comparison Rival x Milly seems more plausible as a real romance(and not just a political one). Although I agree that Rival is still immature compared to milly I dont think that his various attempts to impress her have all gone to waste however. I see her potentially coming to like him as more then a friend come season 2.

P.S. just got back from a really long flight... 3 hours of sleep in 2 days... wth am i doing posting here...

"The only way to feel alive is to be alive, if you like the edge make sure you dont fall over."
Old 2007-08-08, 00:22   Link #687
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Milly x Lulu ftw ^_^

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2007-08-08, 05:34   Link #688
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Milly x Lulu ftw ^_^
Nah Milly Harem FTW. One is not enough for her

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-08-08, 08:02   Link #689
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Nah Milly Harem FTW. One is not enough for her
Might as well increase her options for getting the Ashford family name back to prominence. lol

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-08-08, 08:04   Link #690
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Might as well increase her options for getting the Ashford family name back to prominence. lol
Well, she has quite a large list of 'good' names to pick from. Lloyd, Rival, Lelouch, Suzaku... uh... thats all I got. Would be funny to see the series end with her in charge of the world and having a harem of all the main male characters.
Old 2007-08-08, 08:09   Link #691
JagdPanther

Quote:
Well, she has quite a large list of 'good' names to pick from. Lloyd, Rival, Lelouch, Suzaku... uh... thats all I got. Would be funny to see the series end with her in charge of the world and having a harem of all the main male characters.
That would be AWESOME. Not gonna lie, that would definitely not disappoint me at all.

I <3 the good endings. I don't like sad or stupid (to me) endings. That would be quality.

Old 2007-08-08, 08:18   Link #692
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
That would be AWESOME. Not gonna lie, that would definitely not disappoint me at all.

I <3 the good endings. I don't like sad or stupid (to me) endings. That would be quality.
Sadly I don't see it happening. Would be a classic ending. This show will probably end with little to no actual romantic developments. In the entire span of the series we have had two kisses, two vows, and... well I can't think of anything else at all.

We had Mao, he wanted a relationship, but his was an obsessive need/desire. Though he probably was in love with C.C. since she did raise him since he was a kid. (her quote when she kills him draws some red flags for me)
Shirley and Lelouch but well, when he realized that he did care for her deeply he had to Geass her, losing her and alienating himself from his emotions. So thats... 'dead' for lack of a better word.
Kallen and C.C. are probably the only ones left with anything at all 'concrete' and even their feelings are hidden behind word play, plot development, and some odd moments. /shrug

I vote Milley Harem!
Old 2007-08-08, 08:49   Link #693
JagdPanther

Quote:
Sadly I don't see it happening. Would be a classic ending. This show will probably end with little to no actual romantic developments. In the entire span of the series we have had two kisses, two vows, and... well I can't think of anything else at all.

We had Mao, he wanted a relationship, but his was an obsessive need/desire. Though he probably was in love with C.C. since she did raise him since he was a kid. (her quote when she kills him draws some red flags for me)
Shirley and Lelouch but well, when he realized that he did care for her deeply he had to Geass her, losing her and alienating himself from his emotions. So thats... 'dead' for lack of a better word.
Kallen and C.C. are probably the only ones left with anything at all 'concrete' and even their feelings are hidden behind word play, plot development, and some odd moments. /shrug

I vote Milley Harem!
Oh, I know damn well it won't happen. Even I realize that it's too out there to happen.

But damn, would it be entertaining.

I agree that relationships at the end will not be in large quantities. I just hope the few that probably come develop aren't ones I don't like... i.e. anybody w/Kallen.

Old 2007-08-08, 09:09   Link #694
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Well, according to the script writers they couldn't balance romantic elements with the plot and action components, so they shifted most planned romantic elements to future episodes...

...but even though I would personally like to see more romantic development, especially for LuluXKallen, there is no guarentee the Sunrise staffer wouldn't get in trouble with fitting everything in again, and ended up cuting out the romance just as a repeat of season 1.
Old 2007-08-08, 09:20   Link #695
secriden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-66 View Post
Honestly I dont think that lloyd and milly are in it for love at all. Two examples-
1. Lloyd agrees with cecile when she says that he has no interest in women.
2.Milly seems to only be doing this marriage for convenience sake.(getting her family's status back)

In comparison Rival x Milly seems more plausible as a real romance(and not just a political one). Although I agree that Rival is still immature compared to milly I dont think that his various attempts to impress her have all gone to waste however. I see her potentially coming to like him as more then a friend come season 2.

P.S. just got back from a really long flight... 3 hours of sleep in 2 days... wth am i doing posting here...
1. I'm not entirely sure which episode that was (I can't remember that scene at all, actually), but I'm betting that was before he met Milly, yes? It's possible that he's simply never met anyone that interests him. Yet. Seeing as he's a Count, he's probably only mixed around with other nobles so that may be why he's never found a women that interests him.

2. It could progress from that, you know. I mean, yeah, thats how it'll start, for sure, but there's the possibility that Lloyd will intrigue Milly. Heck, I sure find him interesting.

I can't really see Milly taking Rivalz seriously. I have a friend who's something like that and...well...yeah. You kind of feel like he's your kid brother when he acts that way. As for Rivalz recent "exploits", I don't think Milly was impressed at all. She had that "Idiot, who do you think you're fooling?!?" look/tone.

But. They might make it a Rivalz/Milly simply because it's the least angst-ful pairing they'll be able to make in the series. =_='
Old 2007-08-08, 13:39   Link #696
Yui-
anime-addict

Send a message via Skype™ to Yui-
I think that Milly and CC would make a good pair... They could be so suited for each others... But I was SO disappointed and crying when Lulu erased ALL Shirley's memories regarding Lelouch himself. Why not just erase memories of Lulu being Zero? I would've loved to see what could have happened when Shirley would've said him how much she loved him and how Lelouch would have answered...

So not fair... *sniff* Nina would be so good for Lloyd they're both such nerds...
Old 2007-08-08, 15:36   Link #697
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Well, according to the script writers they couldn't balance romantic elements with the plot and action components, so they shifted most planned romantic elements to future episodes...

...but even though I would personally like to see more romantic development, especially for LuluXKallen, there is no guarentee the Sunrise staffer wouldn't get in trouble with fitting everything in again, and ended up cuting out the romance just as a repeat of season 1.
Well, the story wasn't really made to be a romance. We did get some good jabs at the idea from Kallen and Lelouch (and Shirley) at the start of the season. The close face up to keep Kallen from seeing CC, the cat and kiss, the shower. Hell first time through I thought a triangle was going to form... of course that idea ended come Mao's arc.

I would find all the Lelouch talk between Shirley and Kallen to be even funnier if it were used as a foreshadowing. Though right now all we've got is irony.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if S2 didn't have much more development in that department. I mean, even if it did, it would really be to build up a tragedy from how this plot line is going. Unless, as always, Sunrise pulls some crazy GSD random pairings of nothingness or forces some horrible plot lines together.
Old 2007-08-08, 16:28   Link #698
Terra

I remember it being said somewhere that they decided to not put much focus on romance in the first season because there wasn't really the space for it. But that they were going to develop it more in season 2.
Old 2007-08-08, 17:52   Link #699
Ky-66
Nuclear Trance

Quote:
1. I'm not entirely sure which episode that was (I can't remember that scene at all, actually), but I'm betting that was before he met Milly, yes? It's possible that he's simply never met anyone that interests him. Yet. Seeing as he's a Count, he's probably only mixed around with other nobles so that may be why he's never found a women that interests him.

1. its in episode 21. Here's the script for better clarification.

(both are looking at suzaku making the giant pizza)

Lloyd- Third Generation Knightmare Ganymede. Queen Marianne, The Flash of Lightning, used this machine, right?

Milly- It's just the base frame. It's just a doll used for events.

Lloyd- It's a unique machine that escaped the era of conflict that followed Queen Marianne's death.

Milly- So that was indeed your aim for the marriage.(she looks slightly disappointed)

(cecile steps in)

Cecile- The person here is not attracted to the opposite gender at all.

Lloyd- Unfortunately, I do possess the basic concept.

Quote:
2. It could progress from that, you know. I mean, yeah, thats how it'll start, for sure, but there's the possibility that Lloyd will intrigue Milly. Heck, I sure find him interesting.
I dont deny the possibility but I think Rival x Milly more likely after having seen that scene.
Quote:
I can't really see Milly taking Rivalz seriously. I have a friend who's something like that and...well...yeah. You kind of feel like he's your kid brother when he acts that way. As for Rivalz recent "exploits", I don't think Milly was impressed at all. She had that "Idiot, who do you think you're fooling?!?" look/tone.
I saw her expression more as one of concern...
Quote:

But. They might make it a Rivalz/Milly simply because it's the least angst-ful pairing they'll be able to make in the series. =_='
I agree, but I think its more likely to happen then not.

Quote:
You just need to look at the shape to see why it would be more detectable than the average submarine. That's what I love about anime subs. Their shapes would create such a disturbance in the water even at minimum steerage speed (3 knots is the minimum speed required for most submarines to maintain steerage... Which is pretty impressive when you think about their size).

As for the disturber... It would need to be explained how it's affecting cavitations and internal noise.

As was mentioned previously by someone else, the show contradicts itself. It the ship is stealth, why are they so worried about being detected, even as they sit motionless near the bottom when the air battleship passes overhead? If that sub is detectable by as something as simple as a MAD array, I'd be really disappointed in that "stealth." Of course, I doubt an air battleship is carrying anything like a MAD array, anyway.
As I already stated Im not a submarine expert by any means and since they fail to explain how the gefjun disturber works(or at least its effects) then there really is no way to know exactly how the sub is concealed.

Upon rewatching the sub parts of the show there is a scene in which it shows that rakshata herself doesnt exactly know how/why the gefjun disturber conceals either, its just an observable effect, and since they dont know exactly how much and for how long the effect will last it seems plausible that they would worry about being caught regardless.

Quote:
Subs don't just put in and out of ports every few days. Even a huge submarine navy like the Soviet Union during the Cold War couldn't do that.

You're talking about Geassing pilots (not like airplane or KMF pilots; the term for highly experienced officers who work for a port and guide in ships), dockworkers, port administrators, supply officers, etc. It's a massive undertaking, supplying even one sub, and it requires a massive ground crew. Even if the OotBK is doing the supply and maintenance itself, you would have to Geass half the port to make sure it didn't seem suspicious.
Then how about this: the OoBK has a small port ghetto where they supply their sub. I'm sure there must have been at least one small coastal village that has a large japanese populace still and a trading port.

Quote:
I would think it's more difficult than riding a bike, that's for sure.
sure it would be more difficult then riding a bike but, as difficult as piloting a plane? maybe not. After all we dont know exactly how their controlling the things right?Regardless, its not like they have to fly in the things(suzaku aside).
Quote:
If they have just one simulator that'd be pretty tight on the time for everyone to gain experience.
We dont know how long they had the glasgow for... maybe for months already? They could have been training for a long time already before shinjuku. Besides there couldn't have been more then 12 KF's in that train, so 12 pilots at least somewhat experienced at piloting KF's? I think its plausible that they could have 12 guys in a terrorist group who were pretty decent at the simulations. Lelouch must have been pretty good in coordinating troops regardless of him having the advantage in IFF. Myabe they train princes to command troops from a young age?

Edit- arrrgghhh posted the sub thing on the wrong thread... well that was dumb...

"The only way to feel alive is to be alive, if you like the edge make sure you dont fall over."

Last edited by Ky-66; 2007-08-08 at 18:27.
Old 2007-08-08, 18:32   Link #700
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-66 View Post
As I already stated Im not a submarine expert by any means and since they fail to explain how the gefjun disturber works(or at least its effects) then there really is no way to know exactly how the sub is concealed.
True enough. But it would have to be a Jack-of-All-Trades-Master-of-None type system to conceal a submarine from the ways of detecting one.

If it rendered the Lancelot useless, I can infer how it might disrupt a MAD array if it works by disrupting electromagnetic fields (yet communications still worked with the system operable). Even then, it would have to disrupt the field to the point where it was totally in-tune with the environment and didn't just disrupt the field to make it look like something else. Because in the latter case then the MAD array is still as effective as usual.
Quote:
Then how about this: the OoBK has a small port ghetto where they supply their sub. I'm sure there must have been at least one small coastal village that has a large japanese populace still and a trading port.
Possible. But it would have to be a very deep-water port, that's for sure. Rewatching the submarine parts shows it to be a fairly large submarine and its height from deck to keel is quite a bit. Definitely more than any current submarine in existence.
Quote:
sure it would be more difficult then riding a bike but, as difficult as piloting a plane? maybe not. After all we dont know exactly how their controlling the things right?Regardless, its not like they have to fly in the things(suzaku aside).
Piloting a plane isn't that difficult. Anyone can take over the controls in mid-air and fly straight a level. That's what my first experience was.

Now, taking off, landing, performing basic maneuvers, reading instruments, piloting in adverse conditions... Totally different story.

Anyway... Dunno why I mentioned that.

I don't see how pilot any mech, regardless of automation, could be less complex than piloting a plane. A plane can go forward... and that's about it. Unless we're talking about a V/TOL aircraft like a Harrier. But probably not. A mech is something that can go forwards, backwards, side to side, jump, crouch, kneel, swing its arms about... It seems to me than unless it's really AI piloting the thing and the person is simply along for the ride, that a mech would be more complex of a machine. Of course, in nearly all mech shows we see it looks like two joysticks control the whole thing, so I may be wrong. Just from the looks of things inside a KMF cockpit I'd say it's more complex than piloting a Cessna... Or a 747, for that matter. >_>

Once you get a plane into the air it's fairly simple. Don't screw with the flaps and don't make any sudden movements (unless you're a fighter pilot in which case it might be a good idea to not eat lunch before flying). And avoid turbulence. It pisses off your passengers.
Quote:
We dont know how long they had the glasgow for... maybe for months already? They could have been training for a long time already before shinjuku. Besides there couldn't have been more then 12 KF's in that train, so 12 pilots at least somewhat experienced at piloting KF's? I think its plausible that they could have 12 guys in a terrorist group who were pretty decent at the simulations. Lelouch must have been pretty good in coordinating troops regardless of him having the advantage in IFF. Myabe they train princes to command troops from a young age?
Or he just played computer games. The Close Combat series would be a good trainer for small-scale combined-arms operations. ^^;

Your post just reminded me of something. Lulu jumped right into a KMF and performed the basics. So either it ISN'T that hard or we just have your typical teenaged mech prodigy (yes, I know we've discussed that he isn't good, but without any training he still could move the thing).

Why are we even talking about this here?

>_>

Okay, I'm gonna stop now.
Quote:
Cecile- The person here is not attracted to the opposite gender at all.

Lloyd- Unfortunately, I do possess the basic concept.
I definitely heard that line much differently.

Quote:
I dont deny the possibility but I think Rival x Milly more likely after having seen that scene.

I agree, but I think its more likely to happen then not.
God I hope so. It definitely is the most normal relationship so far to me. I'd love to see it pulled off just to make me feel better about whatever I DON'T want to see actually happening (like Kallen getting anyone).

Closed Thread

Tags
romance