AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-11, 10:53   Link #2261
Deathwing
what do i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I think you forgot one important thing, Miso's brother's death was partly Kazuma's fault..... He was the one who didn't clear the matter up and caused them to chase after him and subsequently gets killed by the youma possessed guy.

If that's the case you can also see it as Kazuma feeling guilty about the death of her brother and taking responsibility (even though it wasn't his fault as he didn't kill him).

Call it however you like but he was showing sympathy and care the only way he knew how. If you watch further, you'll see alot of these actions coming from Kazuma of apparently being a jerk on the surface, but deep down he shows genuine concern.

Offcourse you are entitled to your own opinion, but i find his actions quite touching, as a person who finds difficulty in expressing his feelings, try to do so in the only way he knows how.
i know it was partly Kazuma fault but it still does not change the fact that he handled the situation like a jerk if telling miaso that he may have been partly responsible but the real reason he died was because he was weak that is not showing concern thats arrogance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But that's the point. He wanted her to attack him. It would be cathartic.

If he'd been nice, she'd have felt bad for wanting to knife him.
yea and because he was harsh she killed/allowed to be killed 100s of innocents for their life force in order to kill kazuma

imo 100s of innocents dead is worse than her feeling bad for a brief while. Crying is cathartic as well

kazuma might not have meant it but his cold demeanor and out right rude comments about her and her brother caused the outcome and then at the end he gives that self righteous speech in which he claims no responsibility whatsoever and that arrogance is what truly annoys me and makes me want to see him get knocked down a few pegs.
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 11:04   Link #2262
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

1) He couldn't have known she'd come into contact with a demon.
2) How about some personal responsibility for one's own choices? He's not responsible for her taking it all out of proportion.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 11:41   Link #2263
UPR

Well correct me if im wrong but he did take some responsability by saying he was partly responsable by immobalizing him, but he also said he would have died sooner or later because he was weak he (kazuma) just sped up the process.
Old 2007-08-11, 11:43   Link #2264
Deathwing
what do i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
1) He couldn't have known she'd come into contact with a demon.
2) How about some personal responsibility for one's own choices? He's not responsible for her taking it all out of proportion.

true enough but his lack of respect overall and saying things like you can never scratch me should be enough for at least an apology for putting her in that hyper vulnerable state when she was already grieving in the first place.
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 12:08   Link #2265
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Hey all, Episode 18's summary of Kaze no Stigma is up in the blog, and hope that it is useful to all who requires a bit of understanding into the proceedings of the show this week!

Click the signature!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 14:44   Link #2266
lightbringer
M9000

Well, when the Misao arc was going on I was trying to rationalize this away by thinking he wanted an easy way out for Misao, even while knowing that she is hiding a knife, and that's true to some extent given the ending of that arc and the connection between Misao and Kazuma. But as the anime dragged on I've come to the conclusion that Kazuma is a jerk beyond help, and that that must have played a large part in provoking Misao ^_^;;;
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 15:45   Link #2267
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Spoiler for Ep.18:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 15:45   Link #2268
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

wow..Ren looks hot in ep 18

i just watched the whole episode... nothing special... waiting for next week...
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~

Last edited by Kazuma77; 2007-08-11 at 17:35.
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 20:48   Link #2269
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80 View Post
Spoiler for Ep.18:
Spoiler for Ep18:

Yeah at points in that episode they seemed to kick up the animation quality to make Ren and his friends look really sharp.
Old 2007-08-11, 20:51   Link #2270
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep18:

Yeah at points in that episode they seemed to kick up the animation quality to make Ren and his friends look really sharp.
Spoiler:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 12:53   Link #2271
UPR

Spoiler for .:
Old 2007-08-13, 12:23   Link #2272
Susanou
.Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Spoiler for .:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-13, 14:45   Link #2273
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler:

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-08-13 at 17:52.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 16:50   Link #2274
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
episode 17 was pretty blah for me but it was not enjoyable watching a perverted guy get his ass kick by a bunch of girls is always funny. Patiently waiting for episode 18 cant wait till we get back to somemore serious action and backround story on Kazuma and a certin person he failed to protect
Old 2007-08-13, 17:47   Link #2275
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for novels:
Old 2007-08-13, 19:17   Link #2276
anime_addict90

forgive my ignorance, but how powerful is this tsuo Rin supposed to be? Is she strong enough to beat ayano?
Old 2007-08-13, 20:03   Link #2277
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ how should we know? XD she only just appeared in person but looking at the preview to be able to square off with ayano using that badass looking sword i cant say that she will sux :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 00:18   Link #2278
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
But as the anime dragged on I've come to the conclusion that Kazuma is a jerk beyond help, and that that must have played a large part in provoking Misao ^_^;;;
How do you conclude that? That gathering was the first time they'd really met since Kazuma left the family, and Misao had already brought the knife. It seems to me she'd made up her mind beforehand.

I agree with you that Kazuma's not a nice guy - he's definitely got a bitter streak when it comes to his family, and his bad past experiences have made him too much of a ruthless pragmatist to play the noble hero. But I don't see how his provoking Misao really made much difference - she was already out to kill him. Kazuma's taunts strike me as simply his way of saying, "Skip the BS. You want a crack at me? Just go for it."
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 03:17   Link #2279
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

*bump

whats with the discussion bout misao lol....(yah... i really miss that chick) can anyone post some fan pics or animated gif's?? anyone?? (plshh...^^)
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 05:42   Link #2280
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
How do you conclude that? That gathering was the first time they'd really met since Kazuma left the family, and Misao had already brought the knife. It seems to me she'd made up her mind beforehand.
Right, well, if he wasn't such a jerk, then he would be a bit more considerate towards Misao, who he shared such a past with (as we find out later on), prepared knife or not.

Tags
fantasy, shounen