AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Zero no Tsukaima

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 34 43.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 22.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 22.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-14, 13:22   Link #41
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Nah... He did confess to her, and in the novels, he repeatedly thought she looked great.

She's just the flattest of the girls he like. (Or know, with the possible exception of Eleonore and any toddler he could be acquainted with...)
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 13:55   Link #42
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Henrietta... Well, I don't blame people who hates her in the anime, since she truly came off as a "royal bitch" even to me. It sucked that they left out Henrietta's reasoning for wishing Saito to embrace and kiss her. Then again, I doubt it'll make much difference.
Could you please elaborate on this? I'd like to know more about it

PS: I think that Henrietta is awesome and one of the most likable characters in the entire show
Mentar is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 14:23   Link #43
asdffdsa
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
There was a noticable gap between where Henrietta kisses Saito, and the situation afterwards (as if nothing had happened), so maybe we'll get a flashback in further episodes regarding the actual intermediary events of this encounter (if we're lucky).
asdffdsa is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 16:06   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdffdsa View Post
There was a noticable gap between where Henrietta kisses Saito, and the situation afterwards (as if nothing had happened), so maybe we'll get a flashback in further episodes regarding the actual intermediary events of this encounter (if we're lucky).
Yes i was thinking this, even more so after i heard about the scene missing from the novel --- kind of like it was done of purpose. The scene sounds to important to miss out for no reason.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 20:34   Link #45
asdffdsa
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yes i was thinking this, even more so after i heard about the scene missing from the novel --- kind of like it was done of purpose. The scene sounds to important to miss out for no reason.
True. To the person who has not yet read the novels, don't you think they would have good reason to assume that Saito and Henrietta had continued even after the soldiers exit and close the door, given that Henreitta pushes Saito down afterwards? I'm guessing, in the future, Henrietta will end up telling Louise what actually happened or something.

Spoiler for preview:
asdffdsa is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 20:54   Link #46
Calawain
Gaijin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York, NY
Good episode overall, with a bit more seriousness to the storyline than most of the previous ones.
Calawain is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 21:18   Link #47
DarkZedEx
(-KdSesh-)
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Send a message via MSN to DarkZedEx
After that scene between Anies and Louise I can only say
"Slap a yuri tag on the genre section of this anime."

But yeah I found this episode quite enjoyable, kind of disappointing as I see novel readers mention that alot was left out about the SaitoXHenrietta thing. I don't know how it was explained in the novels, but after watching the anime I can come up with two possible reasons Henrietta would fall for Saito -
Spoiler for :


But yeah my reasoning might be wrong, I wish I could get a hold of those novels, can't find them translated though.

But what I'm more curious about is what happened after the soldiers left? They just continued? I mean the next thing you know they were on the bed.

HOW do I know that they weren't done with something on the bed? Sure they had their clothes on but I don't expect them to just get up and then lie down side by side as if nothing happened after a kiss like that.
__________________
DarkZedEx is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 22:08   Link #48
mpt37
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Spoiler for ep6:


On a side note, the last 3 eps have ended with Louise screaming at Saito while the camera pans up, I think it's time to be a bit more creative.
mpt37 is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 22:18   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly it seemed like things could've gone on. They do leave it up in the air for people to believe they kept things moving or they stopped at some point. Agree it'd be nice to read the novels and know what's gone on.

Wonder how things will continue on. With Henrietta and Siesta getting into this and not holding back. Don't think Louise responding with being a master and giving out rewards to a faithful familiar will cut it. No doubt it'd be difficult for her to straight out say how she feels but there may be little choice on that.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now  
Old 2007-08-14, 23:59   Link #50
Forever
Revealing the truth
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt37 View Post
Spoiler for ep6:


On a side note, the last 3 eps have ended with Louise screaming at Saito while the camera pans up, I think it's time to be a bit more creative.
Yes I have agree with you. The saito bashing at the end is getting stale. I would like to see saito bashing her at the end instead.

I have to give this episode a 10 as well with mostly due to the reasons that our male viewers have given.
__________________
Forever is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 00:07   Link #51
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
What would make it funny is if Saito were to grab the whip in mid-swing. Saito then makes a big smile in a "haha I won!" kind of fashion. Then Louise makes a tiny smirk and, with her other hand, pulls out a butcher's knife! Incoming Saito panic!
__________________

The certainty of your existence is proven by the fact that you doubt you exist,
for you cannot doubt that you are doubting; Cogito, ergo sum.
EphemeralDream is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 00:08   Link #52
DarkZedEx
(-KdSesh-)
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Send a message via MSN to DarkZedEx
Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralDream View Post
What would make it funny is if Saito were to grab the whip in mid-swing. Saito then makes a big smile in a "haha I won!" kind of fashion. Then Louise makes a tiny smirk and, with her other hand, pulls out a butcher's knife! Incoming Saito panic!
You have an intriguing imagination.
__________________
DarkZedEx is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 01:00   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdffdsa View Post
True. To the person who has not yet read the novels, don't you think they would have good reason to assume that Saito and Henrietta had continued even after the soldiers exit and close the door, given that Henreitta pushes Saito down afterwards? I'm guessing, in the future, Henrietta will end up telling Louise what actually happened or something.
Wait, what? I just assumed they continued kissing long enough to make sure the soldiers were gone.

...

Exactly what happened in the novel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZedEx View Post
After that scene between Anies and Louise I can only say
"Slap a yuri tag on the genre section of this anime."

But yeah I found this episode quite enjoyable, kind of disappointing as I see novel readers mention that alot was left out about the SaitoXHenrietta thing. I don't know how it was explained in the novels, but after watching the anime I can come up with two possible reasons Henrietta would fall for Saito -
Spoiler for :
I doubt she'd want to do that to Louise. I think she just chose Saito as a boytoy for a day because she wanted to experience being physically close to a boy, and protected by him. She loved Wales, but I don't think they spent much time together, because of their duties.

It's not so much Saito she wanted, as the kind of relationship he shares with Louise.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 01:20   Link #54
DarkZedEx
(-KdSesh-)
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Send a message via MSN to DarkZedEx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Wait, what? I just assumed they continued kissing long enough to make sure the soldiers were gone.

...

Exactly what happened in the novel?


I doubt she'd want to do that to Louise. I think she just chose Saito as a boytoy for a day because she wanted to experience being physically close to a boy, and protected by him. She loved Wales, but I don't think they spent much time together, because of their duties.

It's not so much Saito she wanted, as the kind of relationship he shares with Louise.
Well that's basically what I meant, when I said "she chose Saito because she saw how affectionate and protective Saito is towards Louise" I didn't mean she wanted that and Saito and would take it away from Louise cuz she's jealous or something, I meant she turned towards Saito because of his capabilities of that kind of relationship- you can can only conclude this after the fact that she said "I wanted you to protect me" NOT "I want you".

But yes I agree with you on the boytoy thing, when I said "chose" I didn't mean she would take him away, when he and Louise shares such a close relationship(I guess>_>), I meant she could possibly fall for him or chose him as the boytoy cuz of the reason mentioned above, not take him.

And as for the Wales thing you mentioned, I never said they were much in contact with each other or were very close, I just mentioned she loved him(a fact) and a dying request of this sort, and the desire of wanting to feel protected plus seeing Saito capable of this to kick it is enough for her to turn to Saito.
__________________
DarkZedEx is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 01:38   Link #55
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I wasn't contradicting you on the Wales thing. Not that I think you're right. I don't think she's quite ready to honor that dying wish.

I just meant she was seeking something she missed with Wales.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 01:47   Link #56
DarkZedEx
(-KdSesh-)
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Send a message via MSN to DarkZedEx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wasn't contradicting you on the Wales thing. Not that I think you're right. I don't think she's quite ready to honor that dying wish.

I just meant she was seeking something she missed with Wales.
I see my bad then. But seeking something she missed with Wales? Didn't you mention something about them not being able to meet each other alot(and I agree), I really doubt she had much of physical intimacy, or felt protected by Wales, but that is what she seeked in Saito?

Nothing really suggested she was seeking something she missed with Wales. I doubt it was love(most obvious thing she had with Wales) or did I miss something? >_<"
__________________
DarkZedEx is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 02:07   Link #57
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I think she wanted a boy who was "physically close". And by "physically close", I don't mean "climbing the stairs to adulthood". I mean little stuff like actually being in the same room.

There was nothing obvious suggesting it, but if you compare Henrietta x Wales and Louise x Saito, it's one of the most glaring differences: Louise and Saito are together practically 24/7, while, most of the time, Henrietta and Wales were in different countries.

So that's what I think she meant when she said she wanted to be protected like Louise. She wanted a boy who was actually there with her.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 02:26   Link #58
DarkZedEx
(-KdSesh-)
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Send a message via MSN to DarkZedEx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think she wanted a boy who was "physically close". And by "physically close", I don't mean "climbing the stairs to adulthood". I mean little stuff like actually being in the same room.

There was nothing obvious suggesting it, but if you compare Henrietta x Wales and Louise x Saito, it's one of the most glaring differences: Louise and Saito are together practically 24/7, while, most of the time, Henrietta and Wales were in different countries.

So that's what I think she meant when she said she wanted to be protected like Louise. She wanted a boy who was actually there with her.
I never really at all intended to compare Henrietta x Wales with Louise X Saito. I just felt it didn't make sense that you said Henrietta was seeking for what she had missed with Wales. Forget "climing the stairs to adulthood"[shouldn't have used the word "intamcy"], even if it's "physically close" or being in the same room it's not what she missed in Wales(that's what we concluded due to the fact that they were in different countries).

Ofcourse there wasn't anything obvious suggesting it, I said there's nothing at all that suggests she missing something in Wales is what she had seeked in Saito. Perhaps she missing something in Wales caused her to look for something else(protection,being in the same room) in Saito.

But if so then what you said about "she was seeking something she missed with Wales" was wrong. But maybe your wording was off and you actually meant missing Wales made her turn towards someone.
__________________
DarkZedEx is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 02:47   Link #59
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
English isn't my first language, so maybe I didn't phrase things properly. Also, I'm not even sure what you mean.

What I meant was that she was looking for something she didn't have with Wales, something she regretted not having with him.

That's why she could be envious of Louise: Louise can be with the one she loves whenever she wants. All Henrietta had was a long distance relationship cut short by politics. Don't you think she'd have wanted to spend more time with him? Heck, ep 2 was all about her throwing away everything to be with her love.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 03:00   Link #60
DarkZedEx
(-KdSesh-)
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Send a message via MSN to DarkZedEx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
English isn't my first language, so maybe I didn't phrase things properly. Also, I'm not even sure what you mean.

What I meant was that she was looking for something she didn't have with Wales, something she regretted not having with him.

That's why she could be envious of Louise: Louise can be with the one she loves whenever she wants. All Henrietta had was a long distance relationship cut short by politics. Don't you think she'd have wanted to spend more time with him? Heck, ep 2 was all about her throwing away everything to be with her love.
I see, alright then. It's just that when you said "she was seeking something she missed with Wales" it sounded very much like you meant that she was looking for in Saito what she had with Wales. When infact that's not possible since she wasn't "physically close" with Wales, which she was looking for in Saito.

When you said "missed" I thought you meant longing for something(eg- the child missed his mother), when actually you meant what she didn't have. Better wording would've been "she was seeking something she didn't have with Wales.

Well then thanks for clearing up my confusion.
__________________
DarkZedEx is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.