AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-13, 05:45   Link #41
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 24
Yumi said she wouldn't worry about going down the ladder because she wasn't wearing a skirt. So, that means knowing her undies can be seen, Sachiko went down the ladder to hug her petite soeur.

Last edited by Bonjour; 2007-08-13 at 08:48.
Bonjour is offline  
Old 2007-08-13, 14:29   Link #42
Kuroineko
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 25
I stand behind you last three posters' comments 150% Especially Stephanie-san, very nicely put and all the things I've thought about neately expressed in your post there
Kuroineko is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 06:04   Link #43
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: DisneyLand Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
Nah.. I think Yumi was really describing SACHIKO..
Remember her lines?
"One has to be pretty.."

lol
Pretty isn't really used on guys, right? More on girls..
So Yumi was picturing Sachiko on her head without thinking of her words..
Therefore it could be concluded that Yumi DOES LIKE Sachiko.. n_n
(I'm jumping in your conversation but) I humbly disagree Japanese people do happen to refer to boys or girls as pretty, simply because the ideal beauty of men is for them to have a girly face, a slender body, beautiful hair, an androgynous feeling until puberty is even better.... I don't mean you always have to describe men as "pretty", but just that it's not something strange either

But I agree the scene was there to show how much Yumi-chan holds Sachiko as an ideal in her mind, and how she uses her image of her as standard for her ideal persons (the contrary also stands : Sachiko already fit Yumi-s ideals, that's why Yumi was lovestruck at first sight of her, at her welcome ceremony....I do think these two psycho phenomenon mingle with each other, it happens a lot in real life after all )



Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
Future Arguments about my post? (I'll prepare my comments)
**The last person you loved the most, you will be looking for his/her qualities and features after or during the relationship..
I would say it happens, but not necessarily, that depends on the person and the way their love ended or goes on...some person do have clean break up where they absolutely don't feel attached/nostalgic/angry anymore...just indifference. And some people do have various tastes in people allowing them to just take what they get, and search for what they haven't discovered in their new meetings, not necessarily what they used to have in somebody else. I do think what if it's the case and you still search for a previous love's characteristics, you are definitely not over with this person, as far as you're concerned anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
**So obvious the Yumi is loving Sachiko more than sisterly love, look at her, they blush and all.. >.<
I will say that also depends on the persons.... You will excuse me, but physical closeness leading to easy embarrassment is just so natural and common in Japan, if a Japanese person was to touch my face/hair with a gentle hand, or tell me they really care about me, not necessarily meaning they're in love with me, the realization of the boldness/the openness of the declaration would make me blush for sure, while it won't necessarily happen if that was a French friend telling me that.... See what I mean ? it's all about how much it is usual to be this franck about feelings, and also how sincere the action seems.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
**Sachiko also loves Yumi more than sisterly love.. She could recognize her even if she was wrapped up in bandages with 1000 other people..
(man, you will soon start to think I just want to contradict with you Steph-chan but I assure you I don't ^^; )

Depends on how you see sisterly love.... when I first watch the 1st ep of Marimite, I thought it could be shoujo-ai, and then I researched on the net what an ESU novel meant, and the definition struck me as fitting. After, when a story is based only in a one gender school, we're bound to have some real love (as in physical too) relationships, like Sei and Shiori.
I think I could recognize my few BEST friends wherever and whenever, no matter the crowd, and I can't say I'm in love with 3 people at once! I'm already in love with someone, I don't waver about it and we're gonna get married in a few years, but my love for my best friends is strong, and our understanding of each others is enough for us to spot each other at once in a crowd



>>Those are some STRONG feelings being held back out of:
*Reserveness
*Scared to make the 1st move
*Scared to lose friendship
I agree too
*Scared cause it's same girl on girl I'm not too sure about this one, seeing how she has many, many examples of girls being open with girls around her.... without forgetting
Spoiler for not sure if you read about this story yet:

Quote:
Shimako, in the novel during her date with Shizuka, returns to the Yamayurikai with Sei there.. She kneels down and hugs her onee-sama. Sei offered she would do anything Shimako said, even kiss her if she wants.. (Why would she offer that? I wonder.. She's not making fun of Shimako like Yumi)

Shimako declined, of course.. I think Sei and her have that relationship (not conversing much to each other) cause Shimako is like Shiori.. She wants to become a nun..
...I felt Sei half(jokingly said that because she knew the answer would be "no", but she meant that if per chance Shimako was in such a state of distressed and that could help her, of course she would do what it takes (kissing or whatever else i mean)

I don't think they don't converse much, we just don't see them.... I think that, since we've known that Shimako was living in a temple and Sei knew it, and a few other little scenes that made me think they do keep in touch by talking with each other, on the phone during holidays even, before graduation. But I think too, that there were some things they didn't need to discuss like between Sachiko and Yumi, because that's a kind of things they already understand about each other....


Quote:
hmm yeah I know. I assume Suguru has similiar qualities that Sachiko has since they are related. I can't check right now because I'm somewhere, but I believe she saids neat, comes off cold at first, but very nice, etc which is how I see Suguru as well.
That's how Shizuka-sama appeared too, at first, and of course, Touko-chan too, the ideal tsundere (man I finally got to know what that means....I'm an official otaku now O_o;; )
Noriko is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 06:28   Link #44
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
@Noriko-san
Nope, not thinking you're contradicting me at all..
I love to hear other sides and ideas on how people view it..

1.) What I meant by Sei and Shimako not talking much, yes I'm sure we don't SEE everything they do, but when we do see what they do, it's like there's an invisible space of not being to attach to each other.. It seems they are kinda avoiding each other a bit (I have the same experience, and no the reason was not because I pursued someone)

2.) As for pretty boys.. All I can think about are backstreet boys, lol harharhar

3.) And yeah, guess you're right about "looking for the qualitites" of your previous love one.. However, note that it happens to every first DEEP love.. And one more to counter, there's no cure for love but to love more, so if you are loving someone DEEPLY it'll take one to forget.. It's not time.. Tried and tested by me.. n_n

But if you loved someone deeply, then loved another again lightly, you can forget both and move on..

4.) You still won't blush until you like the person in a crush like way, right?

5.) I couldn't exactly picture myself thinking I would find my bestfriend in a crowd full of people if he/she was in a mascot suit, and ran out there, even if I should say I am afraid of going down the ladder or have a fear of men.. Don't get me wrong, I love my bestfriends dearly, very dearly indeed that when they're sad I cry.. Bu this thought could only be done with someone you love dearly, not friend love, mind you..

Well, these are my point of views.. Could be just me.. n_n
Anybody wanna join in for clarity?







Anyway, I've been wanting to post about their possible "endings" for Maria-sama characters.. And I'm gonna start with Yumi and Sachiko.

Spoiler:


Will add more, I thought about more before.. I just got home.. ^^;;
__________________

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Visit: Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account, Utena Forum

Last edited by Stephanie; 2007-08-14 at 09:54. Reason: Wrong Sentences and grammar error
Stephanie is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 10:46   Link #45
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 24
All I can say is, let's wait for the 4th, 5th, 6th and the other upcomming seasons. You still can't tell from here and it's still highly debatable.
Bonjour is offline  
Old 2007-08-14, 23:59   Link #46
Confessa
A White Rose
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
lol When Sei offered offered to do anything that Shimako wanted her to do, the translator put a (!) next to it. It seemed a lot more serious than how Sei usually treats Yumi though. Shimako, in typical Shimako angst manner, says she doesn't need to be embraced, it's enough Sei's there and on and on. However, I don't think they have that sort of relationship, ie. yuri, despite Sei's offer.

Sachiko and Yumi's relationship is another matter. I think that they might not develop into lovers, but there is a lot of sexual tension there. However, Yumi does not consider her reactions to Sachiko as abnormal, ie. when she's staring at Sachiko changing, stuff like that, even though she berates herself for it. Kinda makes me think it's not love in that way at all, because if she had feelings for another girl, she surely would ask herself questions about it.

On another note, Suguru is pretty!! I think he's very cute. Too bad he's gay. lol Or is he a bi? Poor Yuuki. He's straight, right? Being preyed upon like that by a senior must be seriously freaky. I especially feel for him when he had to sleep in Suguru's room at the New Year's visit to Sachiko's house.

Shimako doesn't want to be a nun anymore, right? She said it was a childish dream or something like that. But is she a Buddhist or a Christian?

I think Shimako and Sei do converse a lot, but not in front of anyone. They know practically everything about each other, right? Like Shimako's family and all. But I understand Stephanie..when they talk, it's as if they is no emotions in their words, and something is separating the two. There's just something missing. It's not like how other seours talk. Like Yumi said in the 1st season, I still can't understand Sei and Shimako's relationship. They do understand each other, and I'm sure they talk a lot to each other too, as Shimako disappeared during lunch when Sei came back from her college entrance exams or something, but they way they interact make you think, "They barely know each other."

Gah, the White Rose family gives me a headache talking about them. I'm gonna start blabbing incoherently if I continue.
Confessa is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 00:40   Link #47
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Yes, Suguru is kewt! >.<

No, Shimako is a Buddhist be she wants to become a nun.. That's why she entered Lilian, to practise..

I remember her words, not exactly but kinda like this: "What would people think, having a budhist family and becoming a nun.. More importantly, what will my father think?"

Well, that's why she wasn't able to just pull her hair down and relax until the episode where Sachiko and others reveal her identity as a Budhist.. (The part where 1st years are being welcomed.)

After that, she feels a lot of fresh air entered her lungs and, she's free..





As for Yuuki.. Ugh, the anime is SOOO lacking, in the scantalation I read in Lililicious, Yuuki entered the room where Sachiko, Sei and Yumi where (Before they sang the "boat" song, or something).. Sachiko quickly wears a robe, while Sei doesn't care if her 'assets' were seen (She's not wearing a bra.)

Yuuki asked if he could stay with them because Suguru was creepy. Suguru then follows and ask for Yuuki to come back. Sei comes for Yuuki's defence..

Later, Yuuki and Suguru sleeps in the room just beside them and if anything should happen, all Yuuki needed to do was scream.




As for other parts, when the lights were turned off.. Sei hugs Yumi like a dirty old man. Yumi shrieks, "Onee-sama! Help!" Sachiko quickly opens the light and scolds Sei. Suguru opens the door and gives the look like, "Look who's doing it as well.." to Sei.. lol.

Then Yumi dreams. Sei have been drowning her with candy..

Yumi: Stop it! Stop it Rosa Gigantea!

*Sachiko and Sei wakes up*

Sachiko: It seems even in her sleep, you bug her.

Sei: Hey! My presence is a high fee!

Yumi: Thank you, Sachiko-sama..

*Sachiko and Sei stares*

In Sachiko's mind: Yumi, looks like I'll be depending on you again..
__________________

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Visit: Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account, Utena Forum
Stephanie is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 05:56   Link #48
Thingle
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Imperial Manila, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

As for Yuuki.. Ugh, the anime is SOOO lacking, in the scantalation I read in Lililicious, Yuuki entered the room where Sachiko, Sei and Yumi where (Before they sang the "boat" song, or something).. Sachiko quickly wears a robe, while Sei doesn't care if her 'assets' were seen (She's not wearing a bra.)

WHOAH.. I like
Thingle is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 06:00   Link #49
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Just in case, no it's not fan fic.. It's in the manga.. (^__~)

EDIT:
Here's a link:
http://www.lililicious.net/projectDet.php?id=10

It's around Volume 4
__________________

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Visit: Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account, Utena Forum

Last edited by Stephanie; 2007-08-15 at 06:06. Reason: Adds Link
Stephanie is offline  
Old 2007-08-15, 23:26   Link #50
Confessa
A White Rose
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

As for Yuuki.. Ugh, the anime is SOOO lacking, in the scantalation I read in Lililicious, Yuuki entered the room where Sachiko, Sei and Yumi where (Before they sang the "boat" song, or something).. Sachiko quickly wears a robe, while Sei doesn't care if her 'assets' were seen (She's not wearing a bra.)

Yuuki asked if he could stay with them because Suguru was creepy. Suguru then follows and ask for Yuuki to come back. Sei comes for Yuuki's defence..

Later, Yuuki and Suguru sleeps in the room just beside them and if anything should happen, all Yuuki needed to do was scream.


As for other parts, when the lights were turned off.. Sei hugs Yumi like a dirty old man. Yumi shrieks, "Onee-sama! Help!" Sachiko quickly opens the light and scolds Sei. Suguru opens the door and gives the look like, "Look who's doing it as well.." to Sei.. lol.

Then Yumi dreams. Sei have been drowning her with candy..

Yumi: Stop it! Stop it Rosa Gigantea!

*Sachiko and Sei wakes up*

Sachiko: It seems even in her sleep, you bug her.

Sei: Hey! My presence is a high fee!

Yumi: Thank you, Sachiko-sama..

*Sachiko and Sei stares*

In Sachiko's mind: Yumi, looks like I'll be depending on you again..
I love you!! Thank you so much for providing all the info! I was laughing out loud. Sei and Suguru together cracks me up. Poor Yuuki and Yumi.

I'm falling in love with Suguru...I'm already in love with Sei's antics, but Suguru is like amale version of her. XD
Confessa is offline  
Old 2007-08-16, 00:15   Link #51
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Actually, these aren't the only things missed out in the anime and OVAs.. n_n

lotsa lotsa more..

I'll add them later here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Post in LC
Anyway, not included is:

1.) When Yumi was in the grass thinking that she won't meet the
Yamayurikai anymore or Sachiko (after school play) it seems
That in the manga, she borrowed Sachiko's big bra, and also wondered
If she returned the bra, will she be able to still meet the roses..

2.) In the end of the second season, eps 11 to 13. It seems that in the Manga, Sachiko's grandmother was the one who told Sachiko not to tell Yumi that she is dying, because she didn't want to worry Sachiko's petite souer. So, that is the reason why Sachiko was silent the whole time. Also, ever since Sachiko's grandma died, she hasn't been eating, nor did she cry nor do anything but locked herself in the room. Everyone got worried so they thought only Yumi could change her.

So, they pick up Yumi, and like in the anime, that's where Sachiko showed her loneliness and cried. That is where also where Sachiko starts to eat again. It seems the reason why Sachiko didn't want to cancel their "date" is because she DID want to go still with Yumi-chan.


3.) In all of the 1st season in Manga, Yumi shows that she is REALLY LOW on self-esteem. She adores Sachiko-sama A LOT MORE!! HUUUGGGEEEE!!! than shown in the anime. She is just another fan girl of Sachiko in the streets. In the first parts of the anime, Rosa Gigantea and Rosa Foetida danced with her (b4 school play). In the Manga, it shows everybody detest Yumi for being such an ordinary girl could have all the luck (Dancing with Rei and Sei, and Sachiko after her as a petite souer). They talk behind her back, push her buttons, etc. That is why Yumi cried in the 2nd episode of the 1st season. (w/c they didn't mention in the anime.) because everyone is kind of bullying her, and why would Sachiko ever choose an ordinary girl like her? So, she kinda burst in tears when the other girls asked her how it feels like to dance with Rei and Sei, and spent with Sachiko.
+Will add more soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Post Again in LC (Link in my Sig)

Episode 2 in 1st Season.
Place: Greenhouse
Scene: Sachiko Crying over Yumi's shoulder.


Making eyes like a bunny, Sachiko-sama smiled sweetly. Regaining her composure, the usual proud Sachiko-sama had returned.

"This engagement is an arrangement between our parents. I wonder if they intend to make the families stronger or something."

Sachiko-sama got down from the shelf and walked over to the sink a little ways away. There was only one faucet, so she washed her hands and face in strong flow of water that poured out.

"But. Sachiko-sama, do you like Kashiwagi-san?"

Then Sachiko-sama said, "a long time ago," and raised her head.

Not returning to her pocket the handkerchief which which she wiped her face and hands, but sticking it to the relatively clean glass walls, Sachiko-sama once again sat next to Yumi.

PAGE 299

"That person, Suguru-san, he's not a bad person, you know. He's just selfish, and he's not very self-conscious about it. He doesn't even try to understand others' feelings, and acts before thinking. That's why even when he hurts someone, he doesn't understand why they're hurt. He never thinks it's his fault. All of the men in our family are like this."

Sachiko-sama whispered that the problem is that they unintentionally repeat this without malice.

I see. I guess there are no perfect people in this world, Yumi thought.

"Showing this selfish side, do you hate him for it?"

"Yes. Maybe not completely, but yes. He loves only men. But I intend to marry him."

Because Sachiko-sama was the only daughter, they wanted to bring a son-in-law into the family some day to join the Ogasawara Group through marriage. The two families decided that her cousin Kashiwagi-san would do nicely.

"Because it's a public company, they didn't have to send a top person from the Ogasawara clan."

Born during the Meiji era, her grandfather was stubborn man and particularly fussy about family. He would pass the business down to Kashiwagi-san by adopting him into the family as a son-in-law. But really he was just doting on his only granddaughter. He appeared to be thinking of handing it all over to Sachiko-sama.

PAGE 230

"When I entered high school, what do you think Suguru-san said when he came to my high school entrance party? 'I can see myself in you, so if we got married, it would surely turn out well. We each could live as we pleased, let's stay out of each other's hair.' When I asked 'What do you mean?' he confessed 'You might not like this, but for sex partners, I only like men.' So if I want to have children, I have to take a lover from outside the marriage. It looks like he would accept my children in the family, and they could inherit the Ogasawara group. He said since they'll be more or less connected by blood, he'll still love them. What in the world is he thinking? He thinks I'm a fool."

"Was that really a conversaton between a 16-year-old boy and a girl one year younger than him?"

"I liked him a lot, and I hated him a hundred times more. Thanks to him, my hatred of men really got worse."

She said it like it was a joke, but it definitely wasn't that simple

Because Sachiko-sama also liked Kashiwagi-san.

She was never given a chance to say "I like you" to a person she liked. Instead she was told by someone else that they were engaged. That was already enough to make one sick to her stomach, but Sachiko-sama was also dismissed as a partner. And she was only fifteen years old.

No wonder she has a negative view towards men.

"But if that's the case, why didn't you call off the engagement?"

"I tried not to see him for a year and a half, so the subject didn't come up. I thought this was a good opportunity to broach the subject, then he got angry."
+Will add more soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica Friedman
4th OVA: READY, GO!!

Moving on, there was the first-years' "Cancellation" to do. 30 sticks of about 1.5 meters are put in the center, which each team tries to carry to their area. The team with the most sticks gets the highest number of points. This is the last event in which all the first-years participated, from each one of the colors before the start, came a ruckus. You could see them pointing out the various locations of the sticksn and saying, "You get that one" or "I'll take that one."

This event, which person went for which stick was, in large part, the strategy. In order to get the largest number of sticks, it was necessary to decide ahead of time which sticks to get.

"Ready..."

Bang.

At the start signal, the first-years dashed out simultaneously. The closer sticks were the most advantageous, therefore those students who had confidence in their running left those to their classmates and headed to take sticks further away.

One person could easily pull a stick out. For the sake of strategy, one might focus on pulling the stick out with an accomplice, hands wrapped around each other.

With four teams trying to pull the same stick out at the same time, the stick would not move. In many cases, after one step, reinforcements from the camp came and the stick was taken away.

Over each stick formed many dramas.

"What are they doing, those girls?" Standing next to her, Yoshino-san pointed, smiling.

"No way, they aren't going to be able to take it, are they?"

Looking in the direction of her finger, Touko-chan and Kanako-chan each held the end of one stick, not moving. No, it wasn't that they weren't moving, it looked like they were pulling against each other, their power balanced.

"What a spectacle."

What kind of stratagem was this?

"...But, aren't they both on Red team?"

"Yes. Is this some kind of gag?"

People in the audience were noticing and were pointing and laughing. When they saw the girls at the end of the outstretched finger, they would start to laugh.

The situation wasn't funny per se, more like a couple of clowns at the circus, as around Touko-chan and Kanako-chan the atmosphere seemed to say, "please laugh at us." The god of laughter was surely smiling down upon them.

"Hey hey, what's going on here?" The students doing broadcasting had also become aware of the situation. "In all the craziness, they don't recognize their opponents. These two are both on the Red team, trying to take the same stick." Excitedly, they reasoned out the situation.

However, Yumi understood. For both Touko-chan and Kanako-chan, they did recognize an opponent, above taking the stick.

Enemy or ally, this was a risky thing. Now, the stick on which rests my hand, I do not want this person to take. No, I want to take it from this person, was the feeling. All at once their hostility gushed out at one another. Absolutely, natural enemies.

"These two are showing fierce determination. No one from any other team, or the Red team will put out a hand. What is their intention? If they don't move soon, the stick won't make it back to any camp before time is up. It'll be a total waste."

Not really understanding why they did this, people were just surrounding and gazing at the two of them. This was unheard of, and no one could judge where reinforcements should come from – the other teams or the Red Team.

"Ohh. One person from the Red team, a brave student, flies out. So, how is she going to deal with this?" (E: this is the announcer speaking over the PA)

"It's Noriko-chan."

Brave or not, Noriko grabbed the very middle of the stick and pushed them along towards the Red team camp. The pressure of pulling and pushing, which had been in balance, was suddenly upset and in the stick was eh-eh-eh-eh pulled along.

As expected of Noriko. When it's time to do a thing, she does it. As the other teams stood around and watched them in amazement, the ending pistol sounded.

The stick arrived at the Red team camp held in the hands of three people. By a hair's breadth, they made it in time.

With the last one counting, the Red team had done well, getting six sticks. There were calculated to be five sticks per team, so that was a magnificent result. Green team had four. With that, they were now the lowest place.
+Eriko telling Yoshino to find a soeur.. Look around spoiler tags here for details..




Actually, there's many more, look here:
http://ziggr.com/mariasama/
http://www.geocities.com/marianaisho/story/index.htm <-- (Warning, contains spoilers, may loose your excitement)
__________________

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Visit: Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account, Utena Forum

Last edited by Stephanie; 2007-08-16 at 00:51.
Stephanie is offline  
Old 2007-08-16, 11:32   Link #52
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: DisneyLand Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
@Noriko-san
Nope, not thinking you're contradicting me at all..
I love to hear other sides and ideas on how people view it..

1.) What I meant by Sei and Shimako not talking much, yes I'm sure we don't SEE everything they do, but when we do see what they do, it's like there's an invisible space of not being to attach to each other.. It seems they are kinda avoiding each other a bit (I have the same experience, and no the reason was not because I pursued someone)

2.) As for pretty boys.. All I can think about are backstreet boys, lol harharhar

3.) And yeah, guess you're right about "looking for the qualitites" of your previous love one.. However, note that it happens to every first DEEP love.. And one more to counter, there's no cure for love but to love more, so if you are loving someone DEEPLY it'll take one to forget.. It's not time.. Tried and tested by me.. n_n

But if you loved someone deeply, then loved another again lightly, you can forget both and move on..

4.) You still won't blush until you like the person in a crush like way, right?

5.) I couldn't exactly picture myself thinking I would find my bestfriend in a crowd full of people if he/she was in a mascot suit, and ran out there, even if I should say I am afraid of going down the ladder or have a fear of men.. Don't get me wrong, I love my bestfriends dearly, very dearly indeed that when they're sad I cry.. Bu this thought could only be done with someone you love dearly, not friend love, mind you..

Well, these are my point of views.. Could be just me.. n_n
Anybody wanna join in for clarity?

1) I had the exact same impression of them watching the 1st season, didn't really feel anything for this family but strangeness and didn't think further about that. But after knowing more about Sei, more about Shimako, and more about how they met each other, I re-watched the 1st season and was amazed at how I didn't perceive them the same way : now knowing their background, I really felt the glass separating them vanish in my mind and their bond then appeared to me as obviously deep, and even deeper because it's not easily understandable by other people with not the same circumstances and definitely not the same kind of mind/logic (like Yumi-chan, and it was through her innocent eyes that we saw Sei & Shimako in the 1st season)


2)..huh? why them, lol ? they're not even the "pretty" girly type! lol


4) ..huh....YES I would, that was precisely my point ! O_o I can't have a crush on anybody being too physical towards me to my tastes! It's simple embarrassment ! and, all the more if I'm doubting what the other aims at!

Well, I know people are very different concerning blushing easily or not, or being prudish or okay with other people seeing/touching them, but while I know I was a lot prudish when younger, I still know I'm far from the most prudish ones (still talking about when we're young enough for school), and this while being raised in a French country! French are rumoured to be er...promiscuous but many of my comrades who were as or maybe more prudish than me were French girls O_o
During junior High or even High school, we kept our eyes on the walls while changing, in order to not embarrass our comrades who maybe don't feel at ease with their own bodies.. I remember the only ones who didn't care who watched them, whom they watched, and whom they touched or by who they were touched, were the ones who claimed loudly they weren't a virgin for quite some time now, and who were obviously, closed with guys...

I'm not saying here they were wrong or anything like that, some of them were good friends of me too, but just pointing this out to say : it's just a question of being embarrassed or not, and one reason of embarrassment can simply be prudishness, or lack of self-confidence leading to not wanting anyone to look too well at our bodies, or not being used to physical closeness....
and I think Japanese people would understandingly be that kind of embarrassed if we French are in those situations! And I don't think a petite lady from a good family has been raised with being ok while looking at another one changing!

All that babbling to say, Yumi never surprises me by blushing. cutie girl ^-^ no wonder Sei teases her



For the rest, after writing my answer to you, I feel the discussion doesn't stay grounded on marimite enough anymore, so we should continue via PM or mails, or msn

These forums are for discussing Marimite, and maybe how we understand it thanks to real facts, them being personal or not, but when the facts remain without their transparency with Marimite, we should not debate them here, and leave the place for Marimite-grounded(?) discussions
Noriko is offline  
Old 2007-08-16, 12:26   Link #53
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Eh, ok.. though I consider "blushing" different from "embarassment"..
(About the touching touching stuff and how it is that when Sachiko touches her, it's different from Sei who hugs her..)

Anyway, to get back, just one more thing..

I didn't say Sei and Shimako's soeur stuff was shallow, I know too well it's deep, but somehow the way they show it is different, kind of like there's a force field a bit but somehow what-not..
(hard to explain, kinda like, deep inside.. I care for you, yet we must keep a distance kind of thing)

Anyway, too sleepy to actually be thinking and let's drop the topic.. zzzzz
__________________

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Visit: Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account, Utena Forum
Stephanie is offline  
Old 2007-08-16, 23:57   Link #54
Confessa
A White Rose
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Stephanie, you're right about Sei and Shimako. Shimako said that they can't get too close, because they are too similar-they will end up depending too much on each other and get hurt.

Ah...novel time!! Thanks a lot! Can you read Japanese? Or did you find this somewhere??
Confessa is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 00:26   Link #55
she_borderline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 33
Well, if you'll ask me the way the characters were written and drawn are, well, just to tease - a prelude. They are certainly developing feelings, duh. Obviously, they cant show them as lovers, but they are giving very strong signals that they have this tension or passion which they are unable to categorize given the fact that they are young and new to that emotion. Surely when they reach the age and they can accept what they are feeling and not give a damn about society, they will turn to each other. One cannot deny strong feelings. But since this is anime or manga and there are limitations, we may never see them as lovers.
she_borderline is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 07:05   Link #56
WolfNightwind
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
i'm still holding out that the series will end with a kiss between sachiko and yumi (once they reach a point where they've matured enough to realize what type of love they share with each other), and we the fan will be left to assume they progress as lovers from there (may get a picture of them farther down the road still as a couple as picture are a big theme in the series), or to believe it was just a kiss between close friends..if it should happen i will definitely believe they former.
WolfNightwind is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 07:09   Link #57
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Hehe, I too want that ending.. However, knowing the series and how Oyuki Konno works, if she may want that ending, I don't think it'll be a kiss.. She won't let them kiss..

(ZOMG!! What's with me! It should be a face, lol)

Well, mainly because it's probably not how the anime/story flows..

@Confessa
Nope, can't read Japanese
I found it in the 2 links I gave below all those.. =P
__________________

"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there bigger than ourselves and our dreams.." ~FMA
Visit: Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account, Utena Forum
Stephanie is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 08:15   Link #58
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: DisneyLand Paris
>>Eh, ok.. though I consider "blushing" different from "embarassment"..
Yeah, they're different, but I was talking about cases where one leads to another quite easily.....I feel weird after all these discussions, it's like only the French and the Japanese people I know react to embarrassment by (at least) blushing, with all the explanations I gave on this matter...it's like it's not a normal thing seen anywhere else

>>(About the touching touching stuff and how it is that when Sachiko touches her, it's different from Sei who hugs her..)
Once again, I think it's because of the overall attitude of the character : Sei always does that, and Yumi didn't have any special thoughts about her at the beginning, whereas any small movement of closeness from Sachiko is a rare treat, you feel she just isn't used to closeness (physical and emotionally too), so it leaves a bigger impact, you end up thinking : "whoa, *this* Sachiko is indeed behaving like that ... with me.... *honored*....

>>I didn't say Sei and Shimako's soeur stuff was shallow, I know too well it's deep, but somehow the way they show it is different, kind of like there's a force field a bit but somehow what-not.. (hard to explain, kinda like, deep inside.. I care for you, yet we must keep a distance kind of thing)

No, I didn't mean that's what you implied (the shallow thing). This "not get too close" stuff is not what I try to argue, I agree with it being here, but the fact itself that it's there without a "clear contract" thingie in itself make me feel a deeper bond and understanding between this pair. Being "close or not" is after all a relative thing as all, I think when they say they don't want to get too close to each other, we should take it as "we could get so much closer than we are already, but that's precisely what we both need to avoid at the moment"....and that means to me, that they're indeed closer than they let it show.
I can't feel any coldness or try-to-avoid-attitude. I just think they were very content that way when they were together at Lilian, nothing angsty or frustrating, or lacking as it is now for Shimako towards Sei.



I think I can't convey my thoughts with the right nuances in English, I'm sorry because each time we debate something, I make you understand something different than what I aimed at, in spite of all the words I try to use... I need an english teacher anyone volunteer ? lol
Noriko is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 21:26   Link #59
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 24
Blah! Why don't you two just create a poll about how their "blushing" and so on so forth "crush" stuff and post your point of view, then have the members vote?

(Other's might've been to intimidated to join in the conversation)

Hehe, it's like a never ending debate between you two
To make it simple, you two view it differently.
Bonjour is offline  
Old 2007-08-17, 23:30   Link #60
Confessa
A White Rose
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
As for me...I have no idea what these two are trying to argue for...Anyone mind refreshing me on the topic of this debate??
Confessa is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.