AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-18, 06:54   Link #41
throrine
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere you are not
Age: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to throrine
hm.. i think i like the mentioned idea of raki more than likely using iselys flesh to become a calymore.. although pricislla is staying offly close to him.. maybe he use .. close contact with her?

lol. just kidding. One reason i can think of that raki would be a stronger clare simply based around power level systems. Is as far as we knew isely is the second strongest around right now.

Spoiler for manga readers only:


Prics is most possitivly the most powerful around. Her affection towrd raki could mean it is her flesh or iselys that could go into making him a claymore. Now looking at the normal calymores that the organization produces, i dont think they use awakened beings flesh to create them. So on a average scale of 1-10 raki might be a 8-10. or something like that. taking into consideration that "normal" yoma flesh is probably used in their creation.

let us not forget the semi-present theme in this anime that the monsters who walk in human form constantly, are by far some of the strongest. perhaps so strong they do not even require the eating of human flesh/guts anylonger.

now taking a que from starwars.. will raki turn to the dark side and awaken or try and keep to the light?
throrine is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 07:54   Link #42
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
To say that she would be the weakest of them all would be kinda overblown. I mean yes, Clare does tend to go Super Saiyan when Raki is in trouble, but what would she be without him? She would have continued her quest for vengeance and have gotten stronger. I think a decent example although it does not wholly relate to this issue is in Naruto with Sasuke.

Sasuke who was the loner made friends with Naruto and crew and put his quest on the side. When he realized what he really wanted he abandoned them and gained more power then he could sticking around with "friends".

You DARE compare Claymore with DBZ and with Naruto?! How could you?!! Claymore is more plot-driven and character-centric than those two. Ask to anyone here and they will say the same. There's no way they will follow classic shounen rules here.

How many episodes of Claymore did you saw? Clare IS the weakest of them all! That's why she is the number 47, as stated in episode 09. The reason because she is the weakest is - having Teresa's flesh and blood inside her instead a normal youma's flesh and blood - she is just 1/4 youma 3/4 human, and therefore has a very low youki level. Irene explained that in episode 13.

The reason because she became stronger is because she half-awaked. And because she promised to live to meet Raki someday in episode 12. Even Ophelia - who is very smart for a crazy woman - could say that. After that she met Irene, who teach her the light sword.

And don't forget she met Jean and Galatea because she was searching for Raki at that city and saw Jean's group there in episode 15. Thanks to that, she fought Duff and learned Galatea's technic and was influenced by Jean's strong will to control the light sword (episode 17).

Quote:
I really don't think Clare needs to be half awoken for her to be stronger. Yes, that process does enhance her abilities but the question can be does that stunt her growth because there is less room for it or does it enhance her growth because she is that much stronger that she could do that much more.

If we take into event that she does half awaken and is sent to the North for extermination, what is to prevent her from just fully awakening because of her life mission is threatened?
No, there's no way she would become stronger without half-awake. Before meeting Raki, she was already a Claymore for quite a time. Elena stated that in episode 2. Yet she never became stronger than dead-last #47.

Maybe because of Raki she had many problems, but by fighting these many problems she became stronger and one step closer to her main objetive: Meet and fight Priscilla.

Last edited by PGilis; 2007-08-18 at 08:11.
PGilis is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 08:18   Link #43
Samuel20709
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
All I Think Is That Raki Would only Be Useful If He Takes Some Of Ishely's Flesh Into His Own And Become Super Raki
Samuel20709 is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 10:44   Link #44
Teresa/Clare1415
Yuri Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 22
I think Raki will become pretty strong. I'm not that big of a fan of him, but he's a nice guy.
__________________
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/ShizNatfangirl/Awesome/Lickylicky.jpg

Last edited by Teresa/Clare1415; 2007-08-18 at 11:41.
Teresa/Clare1415 is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 11:36   Link #45
Ryuk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I wonder if raki will ever be "youmified" into a male claymore(by someone). The story writer would have make an extremely good plot to allow that, but I see it as the natural conclusion to his character(seeking power). Then I'm guessing he'll screw up and end up fighting with clare as an awakened.

Most likely he will never become a claymore, but it sure would be interesting if he did
__________________
I'm a nitpicker, and I like it.
Ryuk is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 11:36   Link #46
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy View Post
This is what Raki is going to become:
Spoiler:
Dude! I've been saying that Raki should pull a Guts all along!

I think I want to bear your children now. . .

Okay, in all seriousness, that would still be pretty funny should Raki pull a Black Swordsman.

*Starts torturing a downed Awakened Being with a repeating crossbow*
"Amazing! You really are immortal!"
*shoots more bolts into Awakened Being*
__________________
There are women who, however you may search them, prove to have no content but are purely masks. The man who associates with such almost spectral, necessarily unsatisfied beings is to be commiserated with, yet it is precisely they who are able to arouse the desire of the man most strongly: he seeks for her soul -- and goes on seeking.
-from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.405, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

Big List of Anime Tropes
Flame Warriors Roster
Twisted Reality is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 11:42   Link #47
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa/Clare1415 View Post
I think Raki will become pretty strong. I'm not that big of a fan of him, but he's a nice guy.
Nice guys finish last?
__________________
There are women who, however you may search them, prove to have no content but are purely masks. The man who associates with such almost spectral, necessarily unsatisfied beings is to be commiserated with, yet it is precisely they who are able to arouse the desire of the man most strongly: he seeks for her soul -- and goes on seeking.
-from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.405, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

Big List of Anime Tropes
Flame Warriors Roster
Twisted Reality is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 13:20   Link #48
Reppa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Dude! I've been saying that Raki should pull a Guts all along!

I think I want to bear your children now. . .

Okay, in all seriousness, that would still be pretty funny should Raki pull a Black Swordsman.

*Starts torturing a downed Awakened Being with a repeating crossbow*
"Amazing! You really are immortal!"
*shoots more bolts into Awakened Being*
That could only happen if he sees yoma and instantly thinks Chicken Wing.
Reppa is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 16:20   Link #49
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Hey, this thread gives us a convienient place to post all those idea's for what Raki could be like when he's reintroduced.
Spoiler for Being perverted:
__________________
YUMA PUNCH! YUMA BARRIER! YUMA HEALING MAGIC! Yuma has a very diverse moveset.
Negativedark is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 17:15   Link #50
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
First of all I'd like to say that this thread was a very good, intelligent read. The senseless hate was kept to a minimum, and the discussion has been excellent.
I'll try to offer my own views and opinions on Raki in general and to his part in the story.

It's clear that Raki plays an important role in the plot, for better or worse. He has allowed for many events to take place that otherwise would've had to be left out.
I find Raki to be very strong-willed and determined, though it took me a while to realize this. He's got a strong sense of duty, self-appointed duty, but nevertheless, he keeps his eyes on the goal and doesn't give up. His intention to fight for Clare, and for Clare alone, is heartwarming. I gained a lot of respect for him after the Ophelia arc. Both his ability to keep his mouth shut after receiving cuts that would have sent the average human crying for mercy and his defiant attitude toward Ophelia afterwards, taunting her when his own life was obviously at risk. Due to this, I find it hard to justify the claim that Raki is a whiner, since at the most important moments, he displays calm and endurance. He does complain more than your average Claymore, but applying those standards to a juvenile human boy, who has lost his entire family and still keeps his hopes up, doesn't seem very fair or honest.

Aside from mirroring Clare's childhood, Raki does give Clare something to live for, other than vengeance. This might very well turn out to be a double-edged blade, though, as Clare might be forced down a path where she'll be left having to choose, or a least prioritize one over the other. That would be the ultimate reason to resent Raki, in my eyes, that he'd get in the way of Clare's mission in one way or another, and force her to sacrifice something (possibly herself) in order to ensure his survival. If that happened, I might very well dislike Raki myself, and I think I'd be fully justified in doing so, even if Raki's intentions were nothing but good.

A question on a lot of people's mind is; how strong can Raki become? I think it's clear that without some sort of hybridization, Raki will remain a meat shield, a distraction for the enemy, at best. If he were to be hybridized into some sort of Claymore, things could start looking up for him, and he might be able to fulfill his promise to Clare. I won't dwell too much on these possibilities, as they're more related to the events that might unfold in the coming episodes, than to Raki's role so far.

I didn't touch on much that hasn't already been explained in better terms,I suppose. This is just my humble views on the matter. Cheers.
__________________
Echoes is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 17:24   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Both his ability to keep his mouth shut after receiving cuts that would have sent the average human crying for mercy
Let's not exaggerate. If he was still able to run afterwards, the cuts must have been pretty shallow. They didn't even have to do anything special to stop the blood loss.

Raki's never been superhuman. That's part of his charm.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 17:33   Link #52
^Sakon
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
Clare would not have been killed by Ophelia because she would have never partly awoken in the one arc with the Voracious Eater.

If Clare became strong on her own she would not have been sent North because before Raki it seems Clare was a poster child of what the Organization wanted. The Claymore sent North had problems so they were sent North, and if Clare never had Raki she would never do anything really stupid and she would be sent on regular missions which would not push her to the point where she needs to awaken.

If Clare became allies with Priscilla and shared the same relationship with her as Raki is now sharing with Priscilla, who is to say that is a bad thing.

Yes, I know what I said above just totally ruins the entire reason why Clare is fighting, but a man can dream.
actually, about the bold part, she had always been reckless and slightly uncontrolable, due to the her relationship with Theresa. She took on herself the same traits, and even tried to gain the same abilities (obviously she had been honing the yoma reading skill alot, remember Miria's comment on it in the first AB fight?) Obviously they didn't just send those 4 to that AB b/c they messed up once...or there would be a shortage on claymores.lol They had a history of being problem children if you remember. Clare probably would have gotten to a similair strenght, but she wouldn't have copied Galatea's ability, would never have aquired the flash sword, and wouldn't have been thru as many hellish battles and survived without Raki. She has something to live for, so she must live, thats why she didn't awaken, cause Raki was indending to die with her when Galk was gonna slice her head off as she requested. Needing to survive to protect him made her more mentally strong, as well as lead her to copying/aquiring new skills and going thru those harder fights. Now sure, a few fights, she had to live to get her vengeance, its showing the split in her goals, so now she wants to do both, protect Raki, kill Priscilla, and live to be with him. IMO if she HAD fought pris w/o meeting raki, she'd prolly be reckless and end up sacrificing herself to kill her...and probably fail since her arsenal of attacks (and right arm) wouldn't be as advanced.
^Sakon is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 17:51   Link #53
Yorae_paladin1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Raki I do not like he is sadly a third wheel and those kinds of characters I never liked.

Sure he may clares link to humanity but that is all he is good for right now and it is not much links can only last so long.

As for ability in battle he better have great ability by his own power if he becomes a claymore I will not respect him no matter what he does later. One of the reasons I like guts from berserk is cause he fights on his own strength killing creatures that by logic he should not be able to beat he beat by will power and hatred alone.
__________________
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 18:46   Link #54
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Let's not exaggerate. If he was still able to run afterwards, the cuts must have been pretty shallow. They didn't even have to do anything special to stop the blood loss.

Raki's never been superhuman. That's part of his charm.
Point taken, it's not like his life was in danger afterwards because of the injuries, they were rather light cuts, but I'll stand by my point.
If not most humans, then at least almost anyone at his age. Regardless of the actual danger, it must have surely been very very painful and scary.

My intention isn't that he's superhuman either, it's the fact that he's not that makes these feats impressive in the first place.
__________________
Echoes is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 19:40   Link #55
Sci-Fi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
From what I've seen/noticed so far, only the Org can make Claymores or combine yoma and human. Otherwise the AO's would have created their own new versions a long time ago and increased their ranks. And since the Org decided to make only female Claymores, Raki is going to stay human...and besides, he's getting a bit too old for the process (see the flashbacks when everybody looked like little kids during their training). And please...no magical armor to make Raki a steroid freak with god powers to kill anyone and everyone with ease. Claymore fans would probably reject Raki even more and Berserk fans would call it a big ripoff of the Guts character.
Sci-Fi is offline  
Old 2007-08-18, 23:14   Link #56
^Sakon
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Tru Sci-fi, but remember Riful? She had all the weak AO's killed b/c they didn't measure up to what she wanted/needed. Why make new ones when the Org is doing it already? Ones that are already trained, grown, and require just a little torture to get to awaken? Out of all the yoma/AO's you'd think the Abyssal's would be able to do it, if any could. Also, (anime only, haven't read the manga) they never really say how they were made, just that they put yoma flesh inside them. Might not really be that complicated of a process, just finding a qualifying human, that is willng to do it, AND then awaken for your army would be a bit hard. Now Raki on the other hand, already trusts them, and Easley strikes me as someone who is smart enough to work out a way to connive Raki into doing it. EI: eat this it will make you stronger...raki "hmm ok".
^Sakon is offline  
Old 2007-08-19, 04:41   Link #57
xVxObliVioNxVx
Game Developer
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orlando, FL.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Sakon View Post
and Easley strikes me as someone who is smart enough to work out a way to connive Raki into doing it. EI: eat this it will make you stronger...raki "hmm ok".
Well Easley is only taking interest in Raki because Priscilla likes him so much, otherwise I don't think Easley could careless about him. But I would like to say Raki will be Priscilla's greatest weakness. She is the strongest awakened being, and the only person that is in touch with her emotional side is Raki, which gives him the potential of breaking her down emotionally.
__________________
The Farthest Land - A 2D Fighting game I am making (inspired by Claymore of course ^_^)
xVxObliVioNxVx is offline  
Old 2007-08-19, 08:43   Link #58
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVxObliVioNxVx View Post
Well Easley is only taking interest in Raki because Priscilla likes him so much, otherwise I don't think Easley could careless about him. But I would like to say Raki will be Priscilla's greatest weakness. She is the strongest awakened being, and the only person that is in touch with her emotional side is Raki, which gives him the potential of breaking her down emotionally.
I'm not so sure Easley doesn't care about him. He seems genuinly fond of Raki. It looks like he's having some enjoyment from the sword training. It kinda seems like it makes Easley feel nostalgic. Sorta like getting a dog that's the same breed as you had when you were a kid.
__________________
YUMA PUNCH! YUMA BARRIER! YUMA HEALING MAGIC! Yuma has a very diverse moveset.
Negativedark is offline  
Old 2007-08-19, 09:40   Link #59
cellardoor
Untitled 1
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Germany
well it's true that he's somewhat annoying but the only thing that keeps me liking him is that I strongly believe that he'll become a male claymore at some time in the future. He's all about wanting to be with Clare in the battlefield and being a claymore seems like the most reasonable choice. I mean he can have a lots of talent with sword and chop a truck as an instant but he needs a supernatural power in ordfer to keep up ith Clare and others.. But still it's probably just my dream ^^;;
__________________
Thanks to KT and Jenni for this hilarious avatar ^_^
cellardoor is offline  
Old 2007-08-19, 09:57   Link #60
xVxObliVioNxVx
Game Developer
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orlando, FL.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
I'm not so sure Easley doesn't care about him. He seems genuinly fond of Raki. It looks like he's having some enjoyment from the sword training. It kinda seems like it makes Easley feel nostalgic. Sorta like getting a dog that's the same breed as you had when you were a kid.
Well the thing is, the only reason Easley asked Raki to come along with him is because Priscilla's interested in him. And remember when he said in episode 20, "Priscilla, if you fancy him, I'll teach him as much of the sword as he wants." He is only putting up with Raki because Priscilla likes him so much. He has shown no personal interest to him, from what I can tell, so I doubt Easley is interested in Raki at all.
__________________
The Farthest Land - A 2D Fighting game I am making (inspired by Claymore of course ^_^)
xVxObliVioNxVx is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.