AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

View Poll Results: Do you wish that Yuri really become main theme in next release?
Yes, I watch this series because of Yuri! 100 67.57%
No, they should keep straight relationship as main theme. 29 19.59%
Who care Yuri? I want Yaoi! 9 6.08%
They shouldn't add any homosexual element at all. 10 6.76%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-08, 18:11   Link #41
mell_avery

i don't care if is fan service, but i dont want it for main theme
Old 2007-05-08, 22:13   Link #42
RukaMich
Nemu-nemu

Send a message via AIM to RukaMich Send a message via MSN to RukaMich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
There should be an option in the poll : "I don't give a damn... give me a good story."

Agreed.

Adding yuri would change the dynamic, IMO. While I'm all for a good girl/girl pairing, I find it far more satisfying plot-wise if the story did NOT revolve around such things. The playful relationship ShizNat had in HiME and the subsequent *wink* of a relationship in Otome is fine. Any further advancement in that relationship would completely detract from the characters as they've been written--if Natsuki suddenly became doe-eyed over Shizuru and reacted as such, I'd totally hate her as a character. I like her proud and stubborn, not some typical "OMG *______*" heroine.

If I want explicit Yuri, I'd watch something else.

(And NOT Yami to Boushi.... GOD, that was life wasted that I'll never get back... -____- )
Old 2007-06-17, 04:19   Link #43
Mirri

Send a message via MSN to Mirri
I don't really care, but some more guys in the story (Who aren't Tate/Sergey horror stories) would be good. Like, major characters. Whatever their romantic interests are, I'd watch it. The only major male character (by major, I mean, with relationships with other major characters) I can think of is Sergey, and he had, what, TWO romantic interests, both destined to NEVER EVER work out, and just there for the sake of drama.

But I really would like it if there were like, maybe, a realistic number of male characters, instead of, like, 1:9 (just off the top of my head, I haven't actually checked the numbers in Mai-OTOME). It may be a popular theme in anime to have a huuuuge plethora of female characters and only a few male characters, but when it gets to Mai-OTOME's point, I honestly think that there needs to be a few more male characters to balance it out.

And yes, a good story (Comparable or better than HiME, unlikely but we can always hope) would be the best option. It's just, I think as it is, the Mai franchise was (relatively) nice to the female fans, but with Mai-OTOME and Zwei and the huge amount of fanservice, it's alienating them. (I'm not a female fan so I can't accurately say, but from what I have spoken with others about, this seems to be the case.)

Fanservice does not bug me at all, but when it cuts in to the plot so severely as it has in OTOME and OTOME Zwei, it really just makes me angry. I have no objections to yuri OR yaoi, just give us a good story! please!

Last edited by Mirri; 2007-06-17 at 04:22. Reason: wall of text
Old 2007-06-17, 14:01   Link #44
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirri View Post

And yes, a good story (Comparable or better than HiME, unlikely but we can always hope) would be the best option. It's just, I think as it is, the Mai franchise was (relatively) nice to the female fans, but with Mai-OTOME and Zwei and the huge amount of fanservice, it's alienating them. (I'm not a female fan so I can't accurately say, but from what I have spoken with others about, this seems to be the case.)

Actually we're being alienated because this is a shonen/seinen show...it's not at all josei. In fact I can't even fathom Sunrise ever doing anything shoujo or josei...their target has always been the male audience.

And for me, knowing this before-hand doesn't bother me in the least. In Japan, most show are gender specific anyway. If you go to anime stores in Akiba, everyone seems to flock to their own specific floor. In the 'boy's love section', you will only find girls there but when you go to the 'girl's love' section, it's guys. I just happened to be the only female in that area at the time...it was pretty funny.

As for fanservice, as a woman I say bring it on.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2007-07-27, 16:52   Link #45
shanejayell

I'm just here for the girls
^__^
Old 2007-07-30, 12:27   Link #46
Reihn
Yuri Vision Activate!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Reihn
*Looks at the poll*

*GRINS*

I only watch it for teh yureh ( ^w^)/
Old 2007-07-30, 13:39   Link #47
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

I wonder if the votes are genuine. If they are, it's sad.
Old 2007-07-31, 02:54   Link #48
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
I wonder if the votes are genuine. If they are, it's sad.
I believe most of people didn't take this poll seriously.
Old 2007-08-16, 15:34   Link #49
disney72
Going Bonklers

errr i watch it coz of its cool materializing stuff.. and then there was YURI....

now Im watching it coz its has yuri! wahahaha
Old 2007-08-19, 21:49   Link #50
Tima-Kun
Tsumetai Daisuushiki

Send a message via MSN to Tima-Kun Send a message via Yahoo to Tima-Kun
Next release? There's going to be another one..? Or am I in a Old Topic, Lol.. Nevermind that though.

If another series comes out, I want it to have Yuri-Subplots and whatnot. I mean.. On the side; In the Romance Department of the Anime. It really doesn't matter to me if it's the main thing of the story or not, as long as it's there. While reading about this anime, I wanted to watch it because of Shiznat (I've been hearing alot of noise about them), and some others.

And.. I want a great story, And yeah.. Maybe a few more Male characters, Maybe one trying to intervene on one of the 'Yuri Relationship' Or whatever. Eh. Just my Opinion.
Old 2007-08-21, 10:38   Link #51
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

I want moooorrreee Yuri!!

YURI RULEZ!!
(That's the reason I watched it in the 1st place)
Old 2007-08-21, 11:45   Link #52
disney72
Going Bonklers

hi bonjour, fancy meeting you here.. hehe