AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-08-19, 10:23   Link #61
Prongs
Soul linked
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 31
eat this it will make you stronger...raki "hmm ok".

what exatly would he eat? Youma flesh?

There was some hmmm (sorry fforget the sentence arrgh in indonesian tooo)

1. Raki would became a Male Claymore. tough it was a little possibilities. Because
- as we know so far only the Orgs could do the prepanation, Raki is simply too old, but in other hand maybe there was another way to do the prepanation( exam eat the youma Gut and brain OR the flesh, yeah maybe Isley can do the trick hes smart)

2. Raki is still human enchanched with an extra ordinary ability, like gark but he will more powerfull.

3. Raki is Average like man on his age. weak on power but strong on willpower. and fearless too

4. Ends up to became a Prisc prey lose his guts.

but I think Isley will do some stuff to raki hmm Just wait

Ill add my hmmm if I finish the 73 chap

by the way what would Raki or Clare junior looks like. Black haired goddes Teresa aarrrgh

Spoiler for Just for Prongs:
__________________
I am Immortal I Have the Sacred Blood of Youma
I was No Rival, No Claymore can be my Equal



Last edited by Prongs; 2007-08-19 at 10:35. Reason: add the data
Prongs is offline  
Old 2007-08-19, 10:58   Link #62
Leedizzle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
You DARE compare Claymore with DBZ and with Naruto?! How could you?!! Claymore is more plot-driven and character-centric than those two. Ask to anyone here and they will say the same. There's no way they will follow classic shounen rules here.

How many episodes of Claymore did you saw? Clare IS the weakest of them all! That's why she is the number 47, as stated in episode 09. The reason because she is the weakest is - having Teresa's flesh and blood inside her instead a normal youma's flesh and blood - she is just 1/4 youma 3/4 human, and therefore has a very low youki level. Irene explained that in episode 13.

The reason because she became stronger is because she half-awaked. And because she promised to live to meet Raki someday in episode 12. Even Ophelia - who is very smart for a crazy woman - could say that. After that she met Irene, who teach her the light sword.

And don't forget she met Jean and Galatea because she was searching for Raki at that city and saw Jean's group there in episode 15. Thanks to that, she fought Duff and learned Galatea's technic and was influenced by Jean's strong will to control the light sword (episode 17).



No, there's no way she would become stronger without half-awake. Before meeting Raki, she was already a Claymore for quite a time. Elena stated that in episode 2. Yet she never became stronger than dead-last #47.

Maybe because of Raki she had many problems, but by fighting these many problems she became stronger and one step closer to her main objetive: Meet and fight Priscilla.
I've seen currently the 20th episode of Claymore and read the most recently translated chapter of the manga. As for plot and character, I would not say that Claymore is any more or less driven by those elements then any other show.

Spoiler for About Clare's weakness:


I suppose you can say she is strong now because she has regained a greater scope of her human side because of Raki and through that she gained valuable allies and skills through those allies.

Who is to say that Clare we have seen that is smart enough to analyze and breakdown her abilities and skills to constantly improve herself would not have done the same if she never met Raki. Without really feeling emotional attachment to another living being, she could have gotten far stronger because she would not have to think out the situations she would be involved and the methods she would use because that emotional baggage is not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Sakon View Post
actually, about the bold part, she had always been reckless and slightly uncontrolable, due to the her relationship with Theresa. She took on herself the same traits, and even tried to gain the same abilities (obviously she had been honing the yoma reading skill alot, remember Miria's comment on it in the first AB fight?) Obviously they didn't just send those 4 to that AB b/c they messed up once...or there would be a shortage on claymores.lol They had a history of being problem children if you remember. Clare probably would have gotten to a similair strenght, but she wouldn't have copied Galatea's ability, would never have aquired the flash sword, and wouldn't have been thru as many hellish battles and survived without Raki. She has something to live for, so she must live, thats why she didn't awaken, cause Raki was indending to die with her when Galk was gonna slice her head off as she requested. Needing to survive to protect him made her more mentally strong, as well as lead her to copying/aquiring new skills and going thru those harder fights. Now sure, a few fights, she had to live to get her vengeance, its showing the split in her goals, so now she wants to do both, protect Raki, kill Priscilla, and live to be with him. IMO if she HAD fought pris w/o meeting raki, she'd prolly be reckless and end up sacrificing herself to kill her...and probably fail since her arsenal of attacks (and right arm) wouldn't be as advanced.
The need to protect someone I believe especially in what I envision as a sisterly/motherly relationship between Raki and Clare is strong. Raki helping Clare find herself again probably led Clare down the road of being half awoken which led to an increase in her combat abilities and also the long road which led her getting the technique Flash Sword from Irene as well as some body parts.

I believe the need to avenge especially someone who you saw as a savior, someone who was also going through what you were going through, a best friend, a motherly figure is equal if not greater then the strength that Clare gets because of Raki's influence.

Instead of being focused on a single goal, she now juggles two. Where as if she had one, which should have been to avenge Theresa in any way possible, you could have seen a cold, merciless Clare who was most likely at that point a sociopath who could have just as well been as strong as the Clare we know if not stronger because all this Clare would have is the singular desire, which is to kill Priscilla.
Leedizzle is offline  
Old 2007-08-19, 12:19   Link #63
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
look look its Raki in some claymore attire altho only from shoulders up

__________________
Bonta Kun is offline  
Old 2007-08-19, 12:31   Link #64
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post

Spoiler for About Clare's weakness:


I suppose you can say she is strong now because she has regained a greater scope of her human side because of Raki and through that she gained valuable allies and skills through those allies.
Uuuuhhh... no big spoilers, please.

I'm not reading the manga right now. I don't want to spoil myself so i can enjoy the anime story more, without comparing with the manga. As soon the anime finish, i will read the manga.

But yes, when i said Clare is weak, i mean she was weak before semi-awaken herself. Just look how much trouble she had fighting Youmas... even being forced to use 10% or more of ther youma power plenty of times. I doubt Miria, Jean, Deneve or even Helen would have that much problem.

But after semi-awake she became stronger. Miria said she would not have much trouble dealing with Claymores up to second-half of the first-digits. And she became even stronger after being trained by Irene.

I believe she could be ranked at least #07 now (Miria is still stronger than her). But strangely enough, Clare never got another number except #47. I think the Organization is not interested in relocate her, but simply kill her as a troublemaker.


Quote:
Who is to say that Clare we have seen that is smart enough to analyze and breakdown her abilities and skills to constantly improve herself would not have done the same if she never met Raki. Without really feeling emotional attachment to another living being, she could have gotten far stronger because she would not have to think out the situations she would be involved and the methods she would use because that emotional baggage is not there.

The need to protect someone I believe especially in what I envision as a sisterly/motherly relationship between Raki and Clare is strong. Raki helping Clare find herself again probably led Clare down the road of being half awoken which led to an increase in her combat abilities and also the long road which led her getting the technique Flash Sword from Irene as well as some body parts.

I believe the need to avenge especially someone who you saw as a savior, someone who was also going through what you were going through, a best friend, a motherly figure is equal if not greater then the strength that Clare gets because of Raki's influence.

Instead of being focused on a single goal, she now juggles two. Where as if she had one, which should have been to avenge Theresa in any way possible, you could have seen a cold, merciless Clare who was most likely at that point a sociopath who could have just as well been as strong as the Clare we know if not stronger because all this Clare would have is the singular desire, which is to kill Priscilla.
She is fighting for two main objetives, that's true. The desire of avenge Teresa - killing Priscilla - gave her a reason to fight. But the desire of meet again Raki gave her a reason to live. That's the difference.

In Rurouni Kenshin - Shishio's arc, i believe - Kenshin's master/stepfather was teaching him something important. If he fights someone, he can't fight with the will of die, but with the will of live. Why? Because he will give his everything in order to defeat the enemy and stills live after that. There's someone waiting for him, so he can't fail. He absolutely can't die. HE NEEDS TO LIVE.

If he fight just thinking in die for that objetive, he already accepted the own death and can even fail because he never gave his everything.

Clare is the same. She's fighting too many powerful enemies. Is honor and reveange reason enough to win against them? Ophelia though not.

So she needs some more incentive. That's why Raki is here... giving her a reason to live. A reason to fight and win and live, no matter what.
PGilis is offline  
Old 2007-08-19, 13:38   Link #65
Reppa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
I've seen currently the 20th episode of Claymore and read the most recently translated chapter of the manga. As for plot and character, I would not say that Claymore is any more or less driven by those elements then any other show.

Spoiler for About Clare's weakness:
Isn't that kind of like saying she is only strong when she maxing herself out. Or better yet its like saying she is only strong when she she has awakened apart of herself. Meaning she went from having a toy pop gun(normal) to a WWII M-24 Tank(Awaken). If thats is the case then she is week just because she has to go over her limit to take on anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
I suppose you can say she is strong now because she has regained a greater scope of her human side because of Raki and through that she gained valuable allies and skills through those allies.

Who is to say that Clare we have seen that is smart enough to analyze and breakdown her abilities and skills to constantly improve herself would not have done the same if she never met Raki. Without really feeling emotional attachment to another living being, she could have gotten far stronger because she would not have to think out the situations she would be involved and the methods she would use because that emotional baggage is not there.
As things currently stand Raki has a better chance accomplishing Clare's goals. The only thing Clare has proven is that she is focuses only on ether killing Priscilla to avenge Teresa or being killed by Priscilla and joining Teresa. In that case she is a week character mentally and physically, because she can't even get to Priscilla's level without awakening. Reason why Raki is a better character than Clare.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
The need to protect someone I believe especially in what I envision as a sisterly/motherly relationship between Raki and Clare is strong. Raki helping Clare find herself again probably led Clare down the road of being half awoken which led to an increase in her combat abilities and also the long road which led her getting the technique Flash Sword from Irene as well as some body parts.
Getting Irene's Flash sword was like taking steroids. As well as an act of pity from Irena. Irene came out and said she will never be anything close to her and this is proven in time and time again when Clare has to awaken just to keep up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
I believe the need to avenge especially someone who you saw as a savior, someone who was also going through what you were going through, a best friend, a motherly figure is equal if not greater then the strength that Clare gets because of Raki's influence.
Raki was never in the same position as Clare once was. Clare never rejected Raki at any point.
Spoiler for the reall Raki:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
Instead of being focused on a single goal, she now juggles two. Where as if she had one, which should have been to avenge Theresa in any way possible, you could have seen a cold, merciless Clare who was most likely at that point a sociopath who could have just as well been as strong as the Clare we know if not stronger because all this Clare would have is the singular desire, which is to kill Priscilla.
Once again the story hints harder that Raki will end up getting revenge for Clare before she gets it herself. But its always nice to keep an open idea.
Reppa is offline  
Old 2007-08-19, 15:29   Link #66
Aeshma
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
look look its Raki in some claymore attire altho only from shoulders up


Manga volume 25 spoilers itt
Aeshma is offline  
Old 2007-08-21, 18:49   Link #67
hamstar
just passing by
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Exia
hmmmm i dont think guys would wear the same attire as female claymores.

reason being that if they did they're penises would be exposed because they are only wearing tights.
__________________
hamstar is offline  
Old 2007-08-23, 16:44   Link #68
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
hmmmm i dont think guys would wear the same attire as female claymores.

reason being that if they did they're penises would be exposed because they are only wearing tights.
Talk about a 'thread killer'...

He has more chance of becoming the next male to go Claymore in the manga. In the anime, he just better hope that Priscilla doesn't do 'Fourth Meal'.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline  
Old 2007-08-23, 17:07   Link #69
Reppa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Talk about a 'thread killer'...

He has more chance of becoming the next male to go Claymore in the manga. In the anime, he just better hope that Priscilla doesn't do 'Fourth Meal'.
I keep hoping they will do something with with Raki. Other than Play him like nintendo. They anime dose him worse than I like to admit. The only glimmer of hope he has left is that he is the only character in the series that has a chance at killing Priscilla.
Reppa is offline  
Old 2007-08-23, 22:06   Link #70
Prongs
Soul linked
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 31
To convert him to became maleclay is not that easy as Abacadabra. Its simple to leave him as Beserk and bloodlust Human.
__________________
I am Immortal I Have the Sacred Blood of Youma
I was No Rival, No Claymore can be my Equal


Prongs is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 02:14   Link #71
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
They'd both be pretty lame. What would justify that he, of all people, wouldn't awaken when everyone else has? What would justify that he, of all people, has superhuman abilities without merging with a yoma? (And make no mistake. The ability to go toe to toe with even a canon fodder yoma would make him superhuman. Remember how those church soldiers fared?)

That kind of "exception" would make him the main character of a series like Bleach. I hope it doesn't happen.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 02:40   Link #72
meh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Raki to me has always been an annoyance rather than anything else. Mainly because he keeps talking about "protecting Clare", but doesn't do anything to accomplish that goal. Granted, it's what you'd expect out of a male protaganist in a shonen manga(willpower + love > all). But that doesn't make it any less annoying.

A normal, logical person in Raki's shoes would find out exactly how to be strong enough to protect a Claymore. And then try to secure that power. In Raki's case, perhaps try to find and cut a deal with the organization? Or he could try to study some "ancient" text and find other meansof power up. I'd have been cool with something like that. But instead, Raki just keep on swinging his sword, which is the dumbest way to securing power equaling or surpassing that of a claymore. It's like trying to work on your slingshot skills when you're up against armored tanks. Makes no sense what so ever.

Raki has potential. He just needs to mature and be bold. Because he certainly has no chance to protect Clare taking baby steps like learning to use the sword.
meh is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 03:02   Link #73
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Maybe if the anime goes into a second season(hopefully) we will see Isley finding a way to boost raki's power as a means to keep priscilla in check. After all now that raki knows priscilla's secret it will be easier to sell him that idea.

Isley: Raki I have a great way to help you get stronger
Raki: Gee, I dont know Isley
Isley:.....it will help you protect that claymore friend of yours
Raki: WHERE DO I SIGN!!!!!!
Isley:

Something around those lines
__________________
emu777 is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 04:10   Link #74
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York City
Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
You need to see Raki for what he is, which is basically a Ant in a Land of Giants.

He is a normal human in a land of powerful creatures that he has no chance of either beating or defending himself against. Howevere he is a percocious ant who talks above his head for the sake of wanting to be important to someone he cares for.

I think Raki fits in more when he has clare to sort of contrast his personality with. Clare the apatheic claymore and Raki the endaring Human... works alot better than Raki the roaming warrior/food.....
__________________

Mikoo is my hero!! ......wait... I can't wear women's clothes! Look I'm... born with this Dandyism! - Makoto/Mako-Chan
Hikikomori Ja nai is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 08:23   Link #75
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They'd both be pretty lame. What would justify that he, of all people, wouldn't awaken when everyone else has? What would justify that he, of all people, has superhuman abilities without merging with a yoma? (And make no mistake. The ability to go toe to toe with even a canon fodder yoma would make him superhuman. Remember how those church soldiers fared?)

That kind of "exception" would make him the main character of a series like Bleach. I hope it doesn't happen.
Actually, there's a way...

Male Claymores awaked in no time because they couldn't resist the pleasure and excitation the 'awaking' process brings, right? And 'Awaking' brings both, pain and pleasure, right?

So, the only way to Raki become a Claymore and not 'awake' is his girlfriend keep him sexually "fullfilled"! That way he will not need to awake or will be too tired for that!!

And all we know Clare and her infamous 'prostitute smile' is the right girl for this misson!!
PGilis is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 08:35   Link #76
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
All Miria said was that Awakening was "like" sexual pleasure. She didn't say it was related to it.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 09:07   Link #77
Prongs
Soul linked
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Actually, there's a way...

Male Claymores awaked in no time because they couldn't resist the pleasure and excitation the 'awaking' process brings, right? And 'Awaking' brings both, pain and pleasure, right?

So, the only way to Raki become a Claymore and not 'awake' is his girlfriend keep him sexually "fullfilled"! That way he will not need to awake or will be too tired for that!!

And all we know Clare and her infamous 'prostitute smile' is the right girl for this misson!!
Yay I Love this Scenario. But how then if Clare bear Raki baby(pregnant)? oops I don't wanna the stories going to that way either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
They'd both be pretty lame. What would justify that he, of all people, wouldn't awaken when everyone else has? What would justify that he, of all people, has superhuman abilities without merging with a yoma? (And make no mistake. The ability to go toe to toe with even a canon fodder yoma would make him superhuman. Remember how those church soldiers fared?)
But the truth is out there. dunno maybe he became a Kungfu master? but what Isley do when he test Raki is something hint to an enchanced Raki. just wait and see.

Yagi sama! give me some romance plssss
__________________
I am Immortal I Have the Sacred Blood of Youma
I was No Rival, No Claymore can be my Equal


Prongs is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 09:42   Link #78
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
Yay I Love this Scenario. But how then if Clare bear Raki baby(pregnant)? oops I don't wanna the stories going to that way either

If Clare is not in conditions to the task of helping Raki not to "awake", then Helen can be his second! And Deneve as third, and Miria as fourth.

The Fab-four can become Raki's newest Harem!!

But doing that, Clare will become jealous and have a monstruous thristy for blood...
PGilis is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 09:51   Link #79
Prongs
Soul linked
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 31
an another Claymore Hina series hehehehe
__________________
I am Immortal I Have the Sacred Blood of Youma
I was No Rival, No Claymore can be my Equal


Prongs is offline  
Old 2007-08-24, 10:15   Link #80
Chudley
Silver-eyed Lion King
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Actually, there's a way...

Male Claymores awaked in no time because they couldn't resist the pleasure and excitation the 'awaking' process brings, right? And 'Awaking' brings both, pain and pleasure, right?

So, the only way to Raki become a Claymore and not 'awake' is his girlfriend keep him sexually "fullfilled"! That way he will not need to awake or will be too tired for that!!

And all we know Clare and her infamous 'prostitute smile' is the right girl for this misson!!
Roflcopter that'll be so awesome. I'll gladly trade places with Raki if that happens
Chudley is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.