|2007-08-25, 00:28||Link #561|
Ha ha ha ha ha...
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
OMG have I not responded to this thread? How can this BE!?!?
This is so damn hard to answer, though.... ummm, errrr.... (in no particular order)
1. Ah! My Goddess. One of my favorite animes of all time, what really got me sucked into anime, and makes me spend lots of money on manga and anime DVD packs! I absolutely adore this series, and every one of the characters. Belldandy is so cute!
2. Full Metal Alchemist. The series that really made me need to go in search of endless fansubs. There go my dreams of wealth... all poured into manga and anime. Damn fine story-line and lovable/hatable characters.
3. Princess Mononoke. I don't know how many times I've watched this movie. It's gotta be in the dozens. I absolutely love this classic.
4. Mahoromatic. Great story, great action, great comedy. One of my all-time fav's.
5. Elfen Lied. Despite the fact that it's very adult (with nudity and ridiculously excessive violence), it's characters are all too human and their suffering is very real, especially the internal conflict of Lucy/Nyu. I can still hear the music box's tune of "Lilium" playing in my head.
6. Crest/Banner of the Stars. I HAD to put this one up, even though I'm going past the 5 fav limit. Fav anime of all time, hands-down. It, like A!MG, got me hopelessly addicted to anime, especially sci-fi and fantasy anime. I wish they would dub the third season. If I had one wish in the world, I would see this series continued. I must see more of the relationship between Lafiel and Jinto!
Dragonball/DBZ. First anime I ever watched, back when I was around 7 years old. It really started to suck after the Cell Saga, so it didn't quite make the cut. Don't even mention GT to me. GT must die.
Naruto, Bleach, Full Metal Panic, and Mär. I haven't finished watching all the available episodes yet, so I didn't feel that I could accurately rank these. But I still love them just as much.
Last edited by Spectacular_Insanity; 2007-08-31 at 02:15.
|2007-08-28, 22:46||Link #563|
You got to envy this guy.
1. Giant Robo
Just epic, just so epic - it killed me. Episode 1 blew up my right arm in excitement. Episode 2 blew up my left arm in excitement. Episode 3 blew up my right leg. Episode 4 blew up my left leg. Episode 5 made all my intestines blow up. Episode 6 made my heart explode. Episode 7 blew my head off and exploded what was left of my body. Was that descriptive enough for you?
2. Le Chevalier D'Eon
In the beginning, I was unsure of this series. I found this series to just be amazing. 16 episodes in, I don't want it to end in 8 episodes, but sadly, all good things must come to an end. The story, political plots, the cliffhangers, the plot twists. It yearns for more attention after each episode, like a cat after you pet it just once. It wants more love.
3. When They Cry / Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Suspense, Comedy, Horror, Thriller, Psychological... is there anything this series doesn't do? I like the animation, it says to me "Hey, I'm not a serious anime. Hug and buy me." Oh oh oh, if you are a little kid, you get home and within minutes your screaming for your mommy because its like, SURPRISE! I'm actually a gruesome, scary series!
4. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
A spectacular, beautiful, elegant series. GONZO went aboe and beyond to make this their greatest masterpiece. It was just so memorable. Uhm, it also has the best villain in anime history - The Count! An elaborate revenge where you pull everything apart bit-by-bit... juicy.
5. Elfen Lied
Despite being very bloody, excessive nudity and a few swears every now and then. It goes into the human mind and beats it with a baseball bat and you have a emotions showing over this series. This series showed us both sides of humanity, the bad and the good, and how we are towards different people. All the characters feel pain in 1 way or another. It makes it very unique and #5 on my top anime. It hit both mentality and physically.
|2007-08-29, 11:00||Link #565|
we girls arnt safe!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In the space between your walls
1. fate/stay night - as I pray, unlimited awesomeness
2. Elfen lied - nyu,lucy so cute so deadly such a good story
3. crest/banner of the stars - space warfair at its almost best
4. crono crusade - nuns with guns
5. excel saga - the randomness goes marching on
Last edited by Diaboso; 2007-08-29 at 11:12.
|2007-08-29, 11:24||Link #566|
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Neverlands
Hmm, I thought I posted in this thread before as well, must've been the Dataloss
a while back
Lessee in no particular order
-these are the ones that pop in my head immediatly, which means they left an impression
and running series I must say Clamore will reach the top 10
probably 'above' RM and MM
(RM unofficially still running and MM 'gainaxed' in it's last Ep)
|2007-08-30, 12:21||Link #568|
An Intellectual Idiot
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Well, My favorite animes have changed over the years....acually, only twice...
My favorites used to be:
Hikaru no Go
lol, So yeps
|2007-09-04, 19:27||Link #572|
Old Favorites--no particular order
1. Fushigi Yuugi-the first anime series I ever saw
2. Neon Genesis Evangelion
3. Kare Kano
4. Kimagure Orange Road
5. Love Hina
Recent Favorites--again, in no particular order
1. Mai Otome
2. Maria-sama ga Miteru
3. Strawberry Panic
4. Sailor Moon- I'm a late bloomer for this series
|2007-09-10, 13:20||Link #576|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Neo-Venezia...I wish!
Hayao Miyazaki's Lupin III: Castle of Caligostlo and Nausicaa takes the top for me but they're movies.
As for favourate series...
1. Gundam Seed (not Destiny...I found it awful) for its excellent plot, philosophy and strong anti-war message (believe it or not!).
2. School Rumble (both seasons) for being the funniest love-comedy I've ever watched yet has plenty of character development.
3. ARIA (all seasons) because it's just so pretty and relaxing.
4. Initial D seasons 1 and 2 only for giving something completely new and the amazing CGI.
5. Mai-HiME (I found Otome awful) for the best anime soundtrack I've ever heard (by Kajiura Yuki) and its portrayal of betrayed friendships.
Others I particularly like in no order are Soukyuu no Fafner, Shakugan no Shana and Slayers TRY.
Last edited by X10A_Freedom; 2007-09-10 at 13:39.
|2007-09-10, 16:37||Link #578|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Not really a anime veteran so...
1. Naruto, was the anime that dragged me into watching animes
2. Full Metal Panic Fummofu, just a superb series
3. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, don't have to explain why I guess
4. Hayate no Gotoku, funny series
5. Seto no Hanayome, Mermaid Yakuza
|2007-09-10, 19:42||Link #579|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UC San Diego
Have been watching anime for about 6 six months now, here is my list of my top 5
5.Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - thought it was very emotional. The plot is awsome and... it made me think a lot after watching it.
4.Kanon 2006 - Awsome graphic and awsome plot. Only Makoto's arc made me teary eye, but other arcs were still very well done, just not as touchy.
3.The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi - the first anime that made me want to go read the novel. I just love Kyon and his narration. It's a bit short but a second season is coming so... most likely it would move up on my top 5 list.
2.Elfen Lied - Nudity and Violence FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk. Those two are merely a fraction of why I love this anime. I love this anime because of its drama and suspense. THe ending was kinda unbearable for me in the beginning, but I got over it and now, I firmly believe that it was the best way to end the series.
1.Higurashi - I don't really know why I love it so much, but every characters are just so lovable. THe mysteries really puzzled me, and I just love that feeling. The ending was pretty good, and the second season is just getting better as it goes on.
|2007-09-10, 22:26||Link #580|
Lonely without Suigintou
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: in the Endless Forest.
It's a great one...you probably wouldn't never see any anime that is like this one where living, magical dolls fight each other in order to become an human girl.
What? It's a good one which I have been watch since middle school times?
~Mahou Sensei Negima!?:
I like it cuz it's hilarious, after all, laughter is the best medicine!
It's a good one that was able to warming my dark heart (it's rarely!)
It's full of advertures and I like advertures, so there!
........there are more anime that I like but those five ones is my most favorites for now.
|lists, top five|