AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-08-18, 13:18   Link #2241
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Oh dude, that's beyond awesome. I think Akira will cry you a river when she sees this. Man you HAVE to let Kadokawa/Lucky Channel know about this poem. A gaijin love poem for Akira-sama using Nordic mythology? You'll probably be FEATURED on Lucky Channel. How about it? If you're not sure how I'll send it to them for you while giving you the full credit. Neh Neh? Oh yeah did I tell you ever since "Vinland Saga" Viking /Nordic mythos is becoming popular in Japan?
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 05:14   Link #2242
Mr-Kory

great poem. yea send it in
Mr-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 19:21   Link #2243
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

On this latest episode of Lucky Channel Radio Show, in the "Moshimode Lucky Channel" corner, Shiraishi read an English fan e-mail on the air. It's just a simple fan letter. This means they read and CARE about gaijin fan mail. I will be helping Claymore_OB-san sending this love poem in. Hopefully we can hear it in a week or two on the air.

Here's my translation of the poem; it's not very good cus I'm not really good at writing, but hopefully they can understand it:

===

"Akira-sama of the Æsir"
『エーシル*のあきら様』

A Lucky Star shines in the night sky
幸運の星は夜空で照てるし、

Her Channel is seen throughout the Nine Worlds
九つの世界*中彼女のチャネルが見られる;

Our Navigator guides us through the seas of Midgard
私達のナビゲーターはミズガルズ*の海を通して導く。

Her sleeves are longer than Jörmungandr
彼女の袖はヨルムンガンド*より長くて、

Her ashtray is heavier than Mjöllnir
彼女の灰皿はミョルニル*より重くて、

Her angry voice is deeper than Ginnungagap
彼女の怒声はギンヌンガガプ*より深いである。

Mightiest of idols
アイドル界の無敵者、

Rival of main characters
本編キャラのライバル、

Enemy of producers
プロデューサーの大敵。

Smile, rage, beauty and contempt
微笑、憤怒、美貌、軽蔑;

The otaku's navigator and Minoru's terror
おたくの操縦者とみのるの恐怖。

===
脚註:

*エーシル (Æsir): 北欧神話における最高神オーディンを長とする神々の系統
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%...82%B7%E3%83%AB

*九つの世界: 北欧神話に登場する世界の総称
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B9%...B8%96%E7%95%8C

*ミズガルズ (Midgard): 北欧神話に登場する人間の住む領域
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%...83%AB%E3%82%BA

*ヨルムンガンド (Jörmungandr): 北欧神話に登場する怪物の世界より長い大蛇
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%...83%B3%E3%83%89

*ミョルニル (Mjöllnir): 北欧神話に登場するトールがもつ鎚
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%...83%8B%E3%83%AB

*ギンヌンガガプ (Ginnungagap): 北欧神話に登場する、世界の創造の前に存在していた巨大で空虚な裂け目のことである
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%...82%AC%E3%83%97

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-20 at 11:40.
Old 2007-08-20, 13:42   Link #2244
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

AVPlaya, Claymore_Obsessed, that is outstanding!

I think KyoAni and Kadokawa at least have now realized that there is a huge potential (and actual) anime audience outside Japan. I think the obvious knowledge of a current show like Lucky Star that was shown by the audience at AX -- in the Timotei question, especially -- may have surprised and impressed them and got them thinking of ways to capitalize. The fact that the show is popular "world-wide" is already being mentioned in Japanese publicity.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 14:20   Link #2245
Claymore_Obsessed

I'm glad you like my poem, thank you all

and the good news is, the poem has just been sent to LC !!! ^^

So we better cross our fingers and see if AVPlaya (who deserves a huge THANK YOU for his support ) and me will be featured on LC soon
Old 2007-08-20, 14:22   Link #2246
That was embarrasing...

Have you noticed the fact that Tsukasa was waiting for an important sms in chapter 19? Maybe from a certain Shiraishi Minoru? xDD. Was that only my imagination?? X3
723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 18:29   Link #2247
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Hard Gay and Haunted Forest

Since Shiraishi is still stuck in the Sea of Tree on the foothills of mount Fiji, I thought you all may want to know what is actually looks like from the inside.

Hard Gay Razor Ramon Sumitani is a wrestler with a special back story - he's gay, but not just any gay, HARD GAY. He eventually land himself on TV doing very funny sketches for a popular show called Daibakuten. This is one of the many Hard Gay sketches. Search for his name on youtube and you'll find more of his adventures helping strangers and doing good deeds in hard gay style.

This particular adventure has him going to the Haunted Forest of Aokigahara Juukai treasure hunting. Due to the popularity of Aokigahara as a suicide spot, many people have discovered that you can find stuff in the forest - if you're brave enough to do it. So there's now a new trend of scavenger hunting in the haunted forest. Hard Gay, being fearless and all, went into the forest looking for treasure. He even took a frequent guest from a popular antique appraisal show (like antique roadshow, only in prime time) to appraise his finds. It's an entertaining way of getting to know this very scary place.

Spoiler for Video - unhide to watch:

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-20 at 22:18.
Old 2007-08-20, 21:55   Link #2248
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Hard Gay Razon Ramon Sumitani is a wrestler with a special back story - he's gay, but not just any gay, HARD GAY. He eventually land himself on TV doing very funny sketches for a popular show called Daibakuten. This is one of the many Hard Gay sketches. Search for his name on youtube and you'll find more of his adventures helping strangers and doing good deeds in hard gay style.
I'm sure AVPlaya knows, but many don't: Hard Gay is actually straight.

As a straight-laced prude, I say this: Hard Gay is hilarious.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 03:49   Link #2249
Nenkitsune
Ive been MikuCaramellized

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
I just realized something. This probably sounds random though.
The song they play during the "Next Episode" previews has always sounded familiar to me. I just now put my finger on it. It sounds like the next episode preview song for Chobits o_o I wonder why...

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 23:18   Link #2250
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Endou Aya (Miyuki) has posted some up-close and personal pictures of choco-coronets (ep1) on her blog.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Old 2007-08-24, 16:24   Link #2251
User65554
Disabled By Request

^Is it wrong that the only thing I find strange about that is that it is not on Konata's?
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 17:48   Link #2252
Black_Rose
Black_Rose

Oh my god i love the opening theam song to this anime its sooo cute!The first time i saw it it had me cracking up because of there funny little dances!!!!
Black_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 15:56   Link #2253
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

The VAs have finished recording the final episode of the show, Chihara Minori (Minami) and Hirano Aya (Konata) have both reported in their blogs (Minorin, Aaya).

Minorin says that the atmosphere in the studio every week during the recording was "healing," and said that she was happy to have been given such a nice person to play. Aaya thanked everyone and said that despite "various things" happening (maybe a reference to the director change?) it was quite a time.

Aya posted a pic of her final script, signed by the other seiyuu:

And Fukuhara Kaori has now posted a pic of the four main seiyuu, with the flowers they received at the end of the final recording session (r-l) Hirano Aya (Konata), Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa), Katou Emiri (Kagamin), Endou Aya (Miyuki).

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-08-27 at 13:14.
Old 2007-08-26, 16:35   Link #2254
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

All you Konata x Kagami fans... I have good (I guess) news
Yesterday I was thinking about Konata-Kagami (again)...
Like... What if something bad will happen between them.. What if one of them die....
And stuff like that... And then (bad) idea went through my mind... "What if i try to do yuri fan-fic?"... Firstly, I said "no waaay".. I really suck at doing fan-fics you know...
But then I started really to think deeply about it...
And so it happened... I made it -_-' .. But for your own good, you should not read it.
Why you ask?
1. My english is not perfect
2. this is first time i made fan-fic
Still wanna read it?... Ok, but I warned you...
■ means picture is included - example Konata:
Oh and btw, I prefer not to read it as fast as you can.. You should imagine the situation after every sentence you read.
And btw, maybe I'll add some more pics later... I don't have those what I need now...
OK then.. Here you go:

Spoiler for Space:

Spoiler for My comment:
•••Shadow••• is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 18:53   Link #2255
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Today's the big day for L*S in Saimoe 2007... hope all those who can vote are voting for the Kagamin and Matsuri-ne-san!
Old 2007-08-26, 20:42   Link #2256
Calawain
Gaijin

Heh I tried to vote but navigating to the candidate and voting threads became a bit too much of a challenge to me. Sometimes I wish I was in the Matrix so I can just press some buttons and learn Japanese....
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 22:07   Link #2257
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenMaidenSK View Post
All you Konata x Kagami fans... I have good (I guess) news
Yesterday I was thinking about Konata-Kagami (again)...
Like... What if something bad will happen between them.. What if one of them die....
And stuff like that... And then (bad) idea went through my mind... "What if i try to do yuri fan-fic?"... Firstly, I said "no waaay".. I really suck at doing fan-fics you know...
But then I started really to think deeply about it...
And so it happened... I made it -_-' .. But for your own good, you should not read it.
Why you ask?
1. My english is not perfect
2. this is first time i made fan-fic
Still wanna read it?... Ok, but I warned you...
■ means picture is included - example Konata:
Oh and btw, I prefer not to read it as fast as you can.. You should imagine the situation after every sentence you read.
And btw, maybe I'll add some more pics later... I don't have those what I need now...
OK then.. Here you go:

Spoiler for Space:

Spoiler for My comment:
You have violated a big taboo of fanfiction: you wrote in performing dialogue. Don't do that. Fanfiction is about description and rendering the world that you have imagined so that the reader can understand it, and writing something in pure dialogue cheapens that ideal, because that mode of writing is supposed to have the reader (who is usually a director or actor) to add their own thoughts in. That's a no-no.

Shame, because unlike all the people who would violate this rule, you can spell. And you know grammar.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 22:20   Link #2258
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

You are the second person who is telling me exactly the same thing...
Yeah I already realized that this isn't fan-fic at all (acutally I even knew it, but I didn't know how should I call it so named it "fan-fic)...
And lol, don't worry.. I decided not to make anything like this again (I knew I shouldn't do that first too.. I decided to do it just because of my Konata-Kagami virus)

And sorry I didn't understand "because unlike all the people who would violate this rule, you can spell."
•••Shadow••• is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 23:00   Link #2259
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenMaidenSK View Post
And sorry I didn't understand "because unlike all the people who would violate this rule, you can spell."
I said it's a shame, because most of the people who would dare to call pure dialogue "fanfiction" have other problems, such as inability to spell or write in general. You can spell and your grammar is decent, so...you can do much better than this. Maybe you're just not in the right mood.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 00:26   Link #2260
takumi2k4

Ya know what?

These are what Minami needs!

F-Cup Tea and F-Cup Cookies.

My anime blog: takumi2k4.animeblogger.net
The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!! The cake is a lie!!
takumi2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, kyoto animation, moe, otaku, school life, seinen