AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-08-28, 10:46   Link #1
nine_tailed_kyuubi

[Manga] Naruto and genjutsu

It doesn't make sense that till now after 367 chapters Naruto wasn't even able to avoid genjutsu once especially when he faces Itachi and why is he always trying to cut the chakra flow like Jiraya told him ?
We saw before that Kurenai and Shikamaru broke genjutsu by hurting themselves Shikamaru broke his finger so it is clear that any physical pain would break the genjutsu, why didn't Jiraya tell him this ?
Also i think that Naruto is able to break the genjutsu much easier than anyone else by calling up Kyuubi's chakra and that would be the same like someone injecting his chakra into Naruto's system like Sakura and Chyio did before.
It seems that genjutsu doesn't work on Kage Bunshins as well like what happenned when kakashi faced Itachi so in any mission just as a precaution Naruto can make a bunshin and make it head out before him to make him gain knowledge and even if he had to fight and trapped in a genjutsu he wouldn't be affected although something is not right here about the sharingan and bunshins, i mean when Sasuke fought Naruto he told him i'm just playing around with you and kage bunshins i already know the real one as the sharingan can see through ninjutsu while when Kakashi did a kage bunshin against Itachi, Itachi casted a genjutsu and said he couldn't recognize it was a bunshin because Kakashi's timimng of using the jutsu is amazing !! i didn't get that so someon please explain.
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 11:46   Link #2
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Well, you have to understand that Itachi is probably the best user of genjutsu in the series. Breaking out of his genjutsu is not like dispelling a normal genjustu. Shikamaru and Kurenai used the physical pain to focus their concentration so they could disrupt their chakra to break the jutsu. Physical pain by itself does not dispel genjutsu.

Genjutsu does work on kage bunshin, it's just that the effects are ultimately useless because it's not the real body. And Sharingan users cannot tell the difference between clones and the original. The part where Sasuke claims to be able to do that is anime filler.

Naruto seems to have taken a direct approach with Itachi. He knows that he can't dispel or avoid Itachi's genjutsu so he doesn't try to do either, but instead tries to rely on the overwhelming numbers of kage bunshin he can create, since large numbers is the best way to fight Sharingan.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 13:08   Link #3
tatami
back in black

he can dispell it easily if its a normal genjutsu that his chakra very powerfull but not to break itachis genjutsu...

he is the god of genjutsu so if he would break it it would damadge itachis reputation...

but if sakura cast genjutsu on naruto she will be pwned for sure
Old 2007-08-28, 16:02   Link #4
inyourmamabed
Yourmama

If Kakashi couldn't do it, Naruto ain't. To break a genjutsu, it take a clam mind. Which Naruto don't have.
inyourmamabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 16:25   Link #5
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourmamabed View Post
If Kakashi couldn't do it, Naruto ain't. To break a genjutsu, it take a clam mind. Which Naruto don't have.
wrong. naruto has a chakra pool which kakashi lacks. even the genjutsu god was suprised about narutos growth when he cast genjutsu...and he just said it wasnt just enough...kakashi dont have any chakra to use needlesly, but thats narutos speciality he can disturb the chakra flow on a very high level...

just read chapter : 257 page 7 ,259 pages 10 and 11 .
all answers are there :

kakashi couldnt escape the genjutsu cuz it was MS.it can not be dispelled.both kakashi and naruto were only cought genjutsu by itachi.his normal sharingan genjutsus can be dispelled as naruto tried but it was just too powerful.

Last edited by tatami; 2007-08-28 at 17:02. Reason: extra info
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 17:15   Link #6
nine_tailed_kyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
wrong. naruto has a chakra pool which kakashi lacks. even the genjutsu god was suprised about narutos growth when he cast genjutsu...and he just said it wasnt just enough...kakashi dont have any chakra to use needlesly, but thats narutos speciality he can disturb the chakra flow on a very high level...

just read chapter : 257 page 7 ,259 pages 10 and 11 .
all answers are there :

kakashi couldnt escape the genjutsu cuz it was MS.it can not be dispelled.both kakashi and naruto were only cought genjutsu by itachi.his normal sharingan genjutsus can be dispelled as naruto tried but it was just too powerful.
I don't know about that it actually seemed that Naruto was able to stop the genjutsu as the shurikens started to disappear, i think that Itachi did another genjutsu immediately you can see in the episode he formed another seal.
Old 2007-08-28, 19:30   Link #7
tatami
back in black

naruto didnt ever stopped 1 genjutsu in his screen life time.
Old 2007-08-28, 19:31   Link #8
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

A better question is will Naruto ever learn how to do genjutsu? I mean genjutsu is a ninja thing, not just specifically for sharingan users. I can't recall any genjutsu being used by a ninja for quite some time other than an Uchiha.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 19:32   Link #9
tatami
back in black

no jiraiya stated it himself that he is not genjutsu type from the begining.
Old 2007-08-28, 19:44   Link #10
nine_tailed_kyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
no jiraiya stated it himself that he is not genjutsu type from the begining.
that doesn't mean that it is impossible for him to even learn a bit about it
Old 2007-08-28, 20:37   Link #11
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_tailed_kyuubi View Post
He did, it was learning how break away from genjutsu.
Old 2007-08-29, 01:50   Link #12
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_tailed_kyuubi View Post
i didnt say he cant use i said he is not genjutsu type.

you can bake a bread but if it tastes like poo then no need to bake.
if you cant cast a genjutsu which is useless then dont. its waste of time,chakra and probably may cause in death.