AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-08-28, 09:53   Link #461
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Woops added one too many zeros Still pretty expensive if you add shipping and everything
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 13:27   Link #462
lightl

dont know if anyone posted this yet but found the cover for Striker S vol 3 on cdjapan http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/pictures/l/16/32/KIBA-1463.jpg
I like the cover personally
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 13:39   Link #463
Riddly
It can't be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightl View Post
dont know if anyone posted this yet but found the cover for Striker S vol 3 on cdjapan http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/pictures/l/16/32/KIBA-1463.jpg
I like the cover personally
Not bad looking.

Too bad Fate wasn't included.
Riddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 19:15   Link #464
XiaoWei
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
www.e2046.com
www.hobbyfan.com

At one-fifth the cost.
Yaps, i have check up both of those website before but you can get 2 different types of Hayate Yagami Garage kit tat appear in WF 2006, but those that appear in WF 2007 are not release to online stores yet, and they look alot more cooler than those of WF 2006
XiaoWei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 19:21   Link #465
XiaoWei
Otaku

MSLN Device

Mohou Shojou Ririkaru Nanoha Devices

So far i have Nanoha Raising Heart Necklace, if anyone of you manage to find Fate's Bardiche and Hayate's Schwertkruz, please do leave me a message

Old 2007-08-28, 19:24   Link #466
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoWei View Post

So far i have Nanoha Raising Heart Necklace, if anyone of you manage to find Fate's Bardiche and Hayate's Schwertkruz, please do leave me a message

interesting, I wonder how much it costs just for those
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 19:50   Link #467
XiaoWei
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
interesting, I wonder how much it costs just for those
I got Nanoha Raising Heart Necklace at a price of SGD$85.50

So i assume that the others are between SGD$70 to SGD$100
Old 2007-08-28, 22:34   Link #468
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:

Nifty, although for the price you paid it seems a little bit of a rip-off tbh. I mean really, I could probably whip up those for a fraction of the price. All the RH seems to be is a clear(ish) red bead set in a golden holder on a leather strap. The Hayate one is a little more complex, but should still be fairly simple. Not to mention it'd be especially a rip-off (imo) if you end up paying that much for the Fate one, that just seems to be two pieces of plastic on top of each other. Now if it includes the miniature weapons also it's a little better deal, although you could probably get those easily from resin kits or figurines... of course, you'd pay that much for those anyways so...

Edit: Of course, everyone spends their money in different ways and has different ideas of values. So even though I feel they are a little bit of a rip-off I'm sure not everyone does. And you certainly don't if you bought one.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 00:27   Link #469
XiaoWei
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Nifty, although for the price you paid it seems a little bit of a rip-off tbh. I mean really, I could probably whip up those for a fraction of the price. All the RH seems to be is a clear(ish) red bead set in a golden holder on a leather strap. The Hayate one is a little more complex, but should still be fairly simple. Not to mention it'd be especially a rip-off (imo) if you end up paying that much for the Fate one, that just seems to be two pieces of plastic on top of each other. Now if it includes the miniature weapons also it's a little better deal, although you could probably get those easily from resin kits or figurines... of course, you'd pay that much for those anyways so...

Edit: Of course, everyone spends their money in different ways and has different ideas of values. So even though I feel they are a little bit of a rip-off I'm sure not everyone does. And you certainly don't if you bought one.
Well i do feel the cost is too steep before i buy, but then the RH necklace is original from tokyo chara hobby/ wonder festival itself, it can't be bought anywhere unless someone bought it out of the exhiition to sell. Guess the steep cost is for those shipping/handling etc...
Old 2007-08-29, 02:34   Link #470
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=7345

One moar but needs moar pictures.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 09:25   Link #471
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Well i do feel the cost is too steep before i buy, but then the RH necklace is original from tokyo chara hobby/ wonder festival itself, it can't be bought anywhere unless someone bought it out of the exhiition to sell. Guess the steep cost is for those shipping/handling etc...
Hehe, true. Shipping is ALWAYS a royal pain from Japan.

Old 2007-08-29, 15:36   Link #472
Riddly
It can't be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
I really like this one: http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=7306

But her face in it bugs me.

And I'm feeling so newb with all of this. I've never purchased anything from Japan before, including all of these figures. I'm kinda afraid to see what the shipping would be from there to the US.
Old 2007-08-29, 16:17   Link #473
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddly View Post
I'm kinda afraid to see what the shipping would be from there to the US.
Well, it depends on your shipping method really. EMS is the fastest, most secure, and most expensive. Registered Air Mail is just a slight bit slower then EMS and just a slight bit cheaper. Air Mail and SAL I wouldn't touch personally, besides not being trackable they can literally take 12+ weeks to arrive according to the shipping pages of some sites.

Price wise, a general estimate (EMS) would be about 2500 yen or so for a 1/8th scale figure, with CDs being about 1500. Couldn't tell you an estimate for DvDs though since i've never imported any.

In terms of USD that is roughly 20 and 12 bucks, which obviously will vary with how the exchange rate is on the shipping day.

Old 2007-08-29, 16:21   Link #474
Riddly
It can't be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Well, it depends on your shipping method really. EMS is the fastest, most secure, and most expensive. Registered Air Mail is just a slight bit slower then EMS and just a slight bit cheaper. Air Mail and SAL I wouldn't touch personally, besides not being trackable they can literally take 12+ weeks to arrive according to the shipping pages of some sites.

Price wise, a general estimate (EMS) would be about 2500 yen or so for a 1/8th scale figure, with CDs being about 1500. Couldn't tell you an estimate for DvDs though since i've never imported any.

In terms of USD that is roughly 20 and 12 bucks, which obviously will vary with how the exchange rate is on the shipping day.
Thank you for the explanation. That was very informative.
Old 2007-08-29, 17:10   Link #475
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Thank you for the explanation. That was very informative.
NP, if you have any more questions feel free to ask them here or shoot me a PM or something. I haven't imported that many things tbh, and I'm mainly going off shipping prices for cdjapan. However, cdjapan seems to be one of the better places to import things from so...

Old 2007-08-29, 19:57   Link #476
XiaoWei
Otaku

Quote:
I really like this one: http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=7306

But her face in it bugs me.

And I'm feeling so newb with all of this. I've never purchased anything from Japan before, including all of these figures. I'm kinda afraid to see what the shipping would be from there to the US.
TBH the Fate Testarossa(in the link mention) has an ugly face for a garage kit. Most garage kit does not have a nice feature, therefore had not gain enough recognition to be release as a PVC by companies

This is one example of a Fate Testarossa garage kit that is release after ALTER's Fate Testarossa due to the popularity of a bardiche scythe using almost the same sculpture as ALTER's. Notice the difference between the hair, weapon and some parts of the barrier jacket.

Fate Testarossa Garage Kit

ALTER's Fate Testarossa
Old 2007-08-29, 20:00   Link #477
Riddly
It can't be...

Oh I agree, I didn't like her face either.

Dumb question, but does that Alter Fate come as is? Cause she looks freaking awesome.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:10   Link #478
Mirificus

Quote:
Dumb question, but does that Alter Fate come as is? Cause she looks freaking awesome.
Yes, the Alter Fate figure comes assembled and painted.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:33   Link #479
XiaoWei
Otaku

Quote:
Oh I agree, I didn't like her face either.

Yes. Assembled and Painted and its in PVC and not Resin.

ALTER's Fate is being release twice due to the overwhelming respond to the figurine, but i doubt there will be a third release(haven't heard of it so far). While most of the anime figurines online stores are out of stock, there are still a few left in ebay, which you can get one at around USD$90(excluding shipping/handling)
Old 2007-08-29, 22:50   Link #480
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Check animecastle. It's a store based out of NY or something, and I actually found one there for like 70 bucks. Last I checked they still had some in-stock, and it doesn't appear like I got a rip-off or anything. Of course, last time I checked was quite some time ago...