AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-16, 19:39   Link #21
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Dragon Ash (their more rap type songs)Fantasia, etc...

Maximum the Hormone (funky as hell and punkish too)

and newcommers

Orange Range...their whole album rocks!

those are just the top 3 faves...no lists here so i'll leave it at 3.
Old 2004-02-17, 04:09   Link #22
OkitaSoshiX

My current favorite artist is Gackt

Best songs:
-Kimi no Tame ni Dekiru koto
-Wasurenaikara
-Kimi ga oikaketa Yume
-Asrun Dream
-Seki Rei
-Tsuki no Uta

I used to like Siam Shade and L'arc en Ciel But Siam and L'arc are both Disbanded and Hyde's vocal is great but his music isn't that good.
Old 2004-02-28, 06:28   Link #23
Bubblemunche
Perpetual Dreamer

I'm a staunch fan of The Brilliant Green too First heard of them way back in 1999 after watching Over Time (they did the theme song and another), and was inspired enough to get their album Terra 2001 (ROCKS!!!)

They aint' popular in Japan? Surprising!! To me, they're like among the freshest sounds to come from Japan! Fresh rock with a hint of melancholy, that's how I'll describe them
Old 2004-02-28, 12:14   Link #24
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I'm really surprised no one mentioned Laruku yet. Well, my favorites are:

Asian Kung-fu Generation: relatively new band. I love the kind of music they play (something like punk rock). All their songs are awesome, but I'd say my favorites are Song of Blue; Kimi to Iu Hana; Natsu no Hi, Zanzou; Sunny Day and Compass. People may know them by their song Haruka Kanata, which was the song used for Naruto's second opening.

Laruku (L'Arc~en~Ciel): pretty much my favorite Jpop/Jrock band ever. I like the majority of their songs, Hyde's vocals are perfect. Their style varies all the time- heavy songs (like The Nepenthes) to slow ballads (like Winter Fall) which are my favorites. I like almost all the songs, but I'd say my favorites are Winter Fall; Stay Away; All Year Around Falling in Love; Driver's High; Ibara no Namida; Ready Steady Go; Love Flies; Neo Universe; Perfect Blue; Time Slip and Spirit Dreams Inside

Hyde: I'd also like to mention Hyde's solo carrer, which I like very much too. The songs are a heavier than Laruku (his solo carrer is kind of japanese heavy metal), but they're awesome. His 666 solo album is just perfect. My favorite songs would be Fruit of Chaos; Hello; White Song and Shining Over You.
Old 2004-03-03, 18:01   Link #25
sumo
がんばってください

hey i say asian kung fu generation is the best, I may be new to the japanese music but i love thier music........Oh by the way does anyone know where i can download the opening to condor hero .......I know it sound a little goofy but i gat hooked on the opening song and the girl crying in the river.....I hve the asian khun fu generation cd and i cant put it down its grrrrrrrrreat!
Old 2004-03-05, 19:31   Link #26
Mcdonalds

don't think we're allowed to post where to d/l it from, but the band is called nor
Old 2004-03-08, 21:28   Link #27
azumi_naruto

Send a message via AIM to azumi_naruto Send a message via MSN to azumi_naruto Send a message via Yahoo to azumi_naruto

um/.........
onno
lolx
Old 2004-03-11, 13:43   Link #28
Mcdonalds

don't really know any japanese Rock bands, but from what i've heard so far, THE PILLOWS (band that did FLCL soundtrack) is my favourite atm
Old 2004-03-12, 00:22   Link #29
DooMRenZokuKen

I can't believe no one has said <b> Dir En Grey</b>!!
They have such awesome style and they're music is just way cool. It's Japanese Hardcore, pretty dark.
Also, there are two bands coming here, Birushanah and Shot Each, has anyone ever heard of them?
Old 2004-03-14, 21:05   Link #30
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Megumi Hayashibara is definitely my favorite. She can sing in a number of different styles and plus she's done just about everything! Her voice is distinct too. Also most of her music is happy and upbeat and listening to it puts me in a good mood. ^_^

I also really like Utada Hikaru. She's got good songs in both English and Japanese! And her English is actually understandable.
Old 2004-03-15, 01:16   Link #31
moo-chan

Send a message via AIM to moo-chan Send a message via Yahoo to moo-chan
Well..i have alot of favorite j-pop bands or artists but i cant really remember alot of them right now...-^_^-;; At the moment my favorites are Megumi Hayashibara, Namie Amuro, Hikaru Utada, The Pillows, Gackt, BoA, and V6 -^_^-
Old 2004-03-30, 14:58   Link #32
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
I'm not really into an artist, but Hitomi drew my attention lately, she's got some very good songs.
EDIT: ow jeah, kanei tanaka is the best composer imo

Last edited by CerealKiller; 2004-03-31 at 01:17.
Old 2004-03-30, 15:41   Link #33
animedudematt

Seatbelts - They did all the Cbebop music and Cbebop has the best music ever whether u like or dislike anime no one can say the music is bad, there mix of rock, jazz and the blues was great.

Yoko kano - She is just a great composer.
Old 2004-03-30, 22:08   Link #34
Hotaru
Miraioh

Rightnow, Dir en grey - THE FINAL is my fav.
Old 2004-04-03, 01:19   Link #35
LoveHinaOtaku
Boku wa Anime-fan desu!

Send a message via AIM to LoveHinaOtaku
I'm sorry for this.. But I have to post alot lol...

First...
Malice Mizer : I have to list them first as they were my addiction to jrock.. long live mana-sama (^^) I love their work when Gackt was in and when it was ended with Klaha.. (Not during Tetsu's time.. he just suckd -_-) The music would vary greatly from one track to another..

Pierrot : I like them because they are pretty upbeat.. the songs I like are.. Psychedlic Lover and Bararai no Sekai ( a opening for Getbackers ).. Didn't know they did an opening for an anime til friend told me he heard it from somewhere lol

X - Japan : The fore fathers of Jrock.. They set the standards for Japanese Rock

Dir En Grey : I list it too.. I love the way Kyo sings haha.. Sometimes.. I pretend to be Kyo from the PV of Obscure.. where he vomits and scratches his chest.. and does his famous kicking dance .. Best song I think for me is... Cage ( Kyo face o.o)

Gackt : After he left Malice Mizer.. It was only smart to follow where he was heading.. which was his solo career.. Well him and the band , "Gackt Job". His new music is pop which varies differently from when he was a member of malice mizer... The music gives you a new crisp feeling when hearing for the first time.. The only songs that are kinda jrock resemblance would be.. Lu na and Lust for Blood (IMO)

Klaha: I also followed where this artist was heading when Malice Mizer broke up.. He ended up being like Gackt.. His music was new and interesting.. what I mean is that he started doing pop too.. But the catchy part is that he alos does songs that Gackt wouldn't do or hasn't done yet... such as a Acapella

Kozi: I followed the ex-guitarist of Malice mizer.. and I would have to say.. his music is great.. it may seem distorted at first.. but the music tune is very catchy.. the melody is syncopated and syncronized.. the pitches.. don't vary much so it's easy to remember.. the songs vary in tempo and dynamics .. from a piano to forte.. fortissimo to a pianissimo.. basically crescendos to decrescendo, the tempo.. from an allegro to adagio... the music somehow just blends in.. pretty good I recommend it (Honey Vanity Good^^)

Schwarz Stein: Although they ended just a few weeks ago.. they are the Jrock of Techno lol.. this 2 man band doesn't give up.. and repeats their music with new twists.. Very Great band

Kaggra : Probably the only Jrock band that I know that I can relate to Romantic Period Artists.. As in the idea of their songs coming from Nationalisation, Fantasy, Dream, Nature.. Their music is very .. how do I say... Japanese.. lol What I mean is that it sounds customary ( very custom music, ceremonial is it?)

Moi Dix Mois : The group that Mana has went to.. after the disband of MM.. This band being consisted of 3 people.. has upbeat dark music... most of which derive from latin or german roots i think.. Moi Dix Mois Mean "My ninth month" I think.. Not sure..

Siam Shade : I personally like their style and vocalist.. but it sounds a lil too much like luna sea vocalist haha.. its good music.. upbeat.. and they also did the 3rd ending for kenshin

Hide: I like his music for the upbeat style it has.. he was probably the fastest jrocker i've heard.. kinda hard to keep up with the song DICE.. try to karoake with it while working out (explains the upbeat music addiction).. Go Pink Spyder!

There are other bands that are great.. but will not list for I have similar reasons listed for them.. Now on to Jpop artists (excluding GACKT and KLAHA)

Ayumi Hamasaki : Very nice vocal.. I preferred her older style though.. First japanese song I heard was.. Depend on You.. In the Game.. Thousand Arms.. (^^; Her style has changed alot though.. Her voice became a lil more squeeky.. (You can notice this if you compare the old Depend on You to the A-Best : Depend on You [the remake of it]). The good upbeat songs that I will always favor are Evolution and Naturally.

Hitomi Shimatani: Seems to have good traditional pop music, nice and upbeat (well some). I personally like Perseus, I listen to this song when Playing ragnarok online :P

Ishida Youko : She was the singer of the opening for Ai Yori Aoshi, but is a pop star, her voice is great and still reminds me of Aoi for some reason..

T.M. Revolution : The techno guy who made kenshin's ending Heart of Sword and also the person who sang the song Invoke for the opening of Gundam seed, I found him to be great since his music videos made no sense to what was in the lyrics of the song Haha. But seemed interesting for that

Yup I won't post anymore since Administration will get mad at me for typing too long.. Sorry!! Mouwashi waki arimasen
Old 2004-08-27, 12:11   Link #36
tenshiboy

You know nothing about EE Jump!

First of all you really know nothing about EE Jump! Your message made me really angry!
The name of the male meber was Yuki, and don't say so stupid things about him!!!
Yuki was on the time he graduate 16 years old! He is now 18! I know that, because I met him this summer in Toyko and became good friends with him and his family. He is a really nice guy! I never met a friendly guy like him!
so please don't say so stupid things about him!
And EE Jump has right now 6th singles and 1 Album! Sonim has 5 Singles and 1 Album, so you really know nothing. You can go and check out the singles on http://www.harmonypromotion.co.jp/disco.html

stupid fool! :fingers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki Nozomi
You want more EE JUMP, you need to get SONIM, the female singer. You see, EE JUMP is no longer with us. What happened? Let's just say it involves the boy and a strip club. Yes, the twelve (?) year old boy was caught in a stip club. I say the boy because his name slips my mind. ^^;;; My man knows how to pimp the ladies though.... ^^;;;
[edit] Sonim's contract recently expired, so I don't know what's going to happen to her. She's an indie artist now until someone else signs her. She used to be part of a small company that H!P owns. EE JUMP never released a CD because, well, they broke up before one could be made!

[edit] To keep this more in topic, here's another artist, and I agree with CCMoody -

Mika Nakashima Her latest cd, LOVE, is spectacular. From the jazz influenced 'Love Addict' to the simple and melodic 'Yuki no Hana', she delivers a solid album. Well, it doesn't help that all the tracks but two were singles. :P Nevertheless, a strong album. Most of the songs lean on the slow side, so I wouldn't reccommend her to those who don't like chillin to their tunes. :P Although, when she performs live, I keep thinking she's going to die because she starts swaying and crouching closer and closer to the ground....
Old 2004-08-27, 12:17   Link #37
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
T.M.Revolution, another one that I happen to like. Some says his music are repetitive and others dislike his dressup. Overall I find his rock/pop/techno sound to be quite cool and he sure has a pretty powerful voice and nice vibrato. Incidently, he was the second Japanese artist (first was Siam Shade ) that made me part my money for the imported album. Anyway, I always thought his songs are just perfect for space anime OP.
I agree with you on T.M

I also love
Fairy Fore: They did songs for FF:U, and Devil Children. They sound so diffrent in their vocals. They remind me of Billy Talent. Thier music is also nothing what I have ever heard before. It is truly awesome

I love many other like I've and so forth
Old 2004-08-27, 12:31   Link #38
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
T.M. Revolution like a few other are saying ^_^ Personally I think Zips is one of their best songs, right up there next to the Gundam SEED Best Collection songs.

Second in line to T.M. Revolution to me would have to be Yoko Kanno. Just listening to the music got me interested in Wolf's Rain and GitS ^_^
Old 2004-08-27, 14:14   Link #39
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshiboy
First of all you really know nothing about EE Jump! Your message made me really angry!
The name of the male meber was Yuki, and don't say so stupid things about him!!!
Yuki was on the time he graduate 16 years old! He is now 18! I know that, because I met him this summer in Toyko and became good friends with him and his family. He is a really nice guy! I never met a friendly guy like him!
so please don't say so stupid things about him!
And EE Jump has right now 6th singles and 1 Album! Sonim has 5 Singles and 1 Album, so you really know nothing. You can go and check out the singles on http://www.harmonypromotion.co.jp/disco.html

stupid fool! :fingers:
Whoa. Calm down. Seriously. I get ennerved when people start ranting off like that online.

First off, notice the (?) mark. It means that I was unsure of the information on the age.

Regardless, EE Jump is dead. Thier album was never released. It's listed as 'cancelled' everywhere. So while an album was planned, it was never techinically released. Also, all their songs are out of print. You can hardly call that being alive. And, on that link you so lovingly gave us, a mention of Sonim being on an EE Jump album is mysteriously missing. Mysteriously, they also stop releasing stuff after the sixth single.

Yes, Sonim is still releasing singles, but she is not signed with any label currently. Her managing company, Harmony Promotions, is releasing her stuff if I remember correctly. In fact, she's releasing a new single in October (or was it September...^^ called "Jigsaw Puzzle" with a c/o song "I love You" sung in Korean. So, Sonim has six singles and not five.

And really, you've met Yuki's family? Cuz really, I'm not going to believe any of that until you show some proof. I know some people who would be interested as well, especially those who are fans of his sister.

For those who don't like Japanese, here's an excellent english Sonim site run by Shidoshi. I've linked to her profile/discography page. So Very Sonim

Also, here's her official homepage from Harmony. http://www.harmonypromotion.co.jp/news.htm
Old 2004-08-28, 06:37   Link #40
tenshiboy

Hello again

Sorry, I think I was a little to hard to you . It's because he became a very good friend to me, one of my best and he is a very nice guy private so I got very angry .
Yes sure I met Yuki and his Family this summer. I also met Maki there. It doesn't matter to me if you believe or not, I have also pictures, but I can't show you them. They will got in trouble if I will show. Sorry.
But the nicest person I met in Japan was defenitly Yuki's and Maki's mother, she is very kind!

See ya, bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki Nozomi
Whoa. Calm down. Seriously. I get ennerved when people start ranting off like that online.

First off, notice the (?) mark. It means that I was unsure of the information on the age.

Regardless, EE Jump is dead. Thier album was never released. It's listed as 'cancelled' everywhere. So while an album was planned, it was never techinically released. Also, all their songs are out of print. You can hardly call that being alive. And, on that link you so lovingly gave us, a mention of Sonim being on an EE Jump album is mysteriously missing. Mysteriously, they also stop releasing stuff after the sixth single.

Yes, Sonim is still releasing singles, but she is not signed with any label currently. Her managing company, Harmony Promotions, is releasing her stuff if I remember correctly. In fact, she's releasing a new single in October (or was it September...^^ called "Jigsaw Puzzle" with a c/o song "I love You" sung in Korean. So, Sonim has six singles and not five.

And really, you've met Yuki's family? Cuz really, I'm not going to believe any of that until you show some proof. I know some people who would be interested as well, especially those who are fans of his sister.

For those who don't like Japanese, here's an excellent english Sonim site run by Shidoshi. I've linked to her profile/discography page. So Very Sonim

Also, here's her official homepage from Harmony. http://www.harmonypromotion.co.jp/news.htm
Closed Thread