AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-02-28, 18:11   Link #21
Moon The Cat
Hoi!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Mexico
Age: 26
I think ff7799's threads are the only ones I actually read, it's fun to see what people post. (don't take me wrong, I don't laugh like a psycho at your problems)

So....do I love mama and papa?

Well, I could say I do, it is no surprise I feel somehow happy when I see them, but I won't deny there are times they make my brain explode. But, in the end, WHAT CAN I DO? I think I do love my parents, they have screwed up (BAD), but in the end they are not perfect, and neither do I. Better get along with our differences.

Make love, not war.
Moon The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 18:20   Link #22
Tzurial
in silent opposition
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: oh...I've been there
Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
My parents used to give me the belt!? Who belts a little girl?! I think its because I was firstborn AND an asshole..so they probably thought having a kid was a big mistake. All my teachers up till 5th grade had my house on speed dial..I got yelled at alot for "talking back"(whatever THAT means) plus I did stuff like roll around in mud then sit on the couch or I'd bring slugs into the house (they wouldnt let me have a cat!).. I think we exhasted each other out because now we're a pretty mellow family. They sent me 20 dollars last week to buy cereal! ..to know when your daughter is suffering from RiceChex withdrawl...thats love
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 18:25   Link #23
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Jersey (near NY city)
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
i got my ass whopped when i was little and thinking back, I deserved every single painful lashes. I used to be a very naughty kid...
And my future kids will be expecting the exact same kind of treatment...
__________________
"Pigs who defy Me will suffer the consequences of my Wrath..." -Morino Ibiki-
"In the Rain I was smiling. But I was really crying. I was really crying..." -Seta Soujiro-
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted,then used against you"
.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 18:33   Link #24
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: I go about the world, looking for people to glomp.
Age: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
Well ff7799, not everybody is perfect and no matter what, some people are never satisfied with home life/family. Some for good reasons, others simply because they are ungrateful, or maybe because some are off in their own worlds and don't like for there parents to intervene. I hated my parents when I was in middle school because I was to blind to see that they were just doing what was best for me. It was a love/hate relationship :P and still is but I get along great with my mother the most. I don't live with my father, so he and I have grown distant and hardly ever talk. To me, I guess it was the whole "puberty" thing and alot of family drama.

edit: Oh and btw, I know what it feels like to be a parent. I don't have kids of my own, but I've loved and cared for my baby brother and sister since firstborn and still get after their asses 10 yrs later.
__________________

## Sladism -- All Your Bunny Are Belong To Us ##
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 18:36   Link #25
ff7799
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
I will always respect them, love and respect are two different things, and they have taught me that well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
ff7799, I think you're making a harsh generalization of parents in your post. Just because you believe that your parents are unfair to you doesn't mean that everyone has parents like yours. Also, no matter how unfair your parents are, I'm sure you'll always love 'em.

Alright, that was a little too sappy for my tastes. I'm outta here.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 18:42   Link #26
ff7799
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
I really hope this is sarcasm because its things like this I'am talking about. Kids get their asses whipped and then turn around and beat the shit out of their kids when they become parents cause they think its the way to do things. People think for yourselves, the belt is never the answer, not matter what, how would you like if you committed a crime you were sentenced to getting your assed whipped. I mean seriously just as embarrassing as it is for you as a adult its just as terrible for kids and even more demeaning because they feel as they have no rights. Man I really don't like some people really don't. I mean these bastards have some nerve to repeat their mistakes over and over. Man think for yourself, talk with your kids before you grab a belt and beat them to near death then say they deserved it, it was the only way they would learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
i got my ass whopped when i was little and thinking back, I deserved every single painful lashes. I used to be a very naughty kid...
And my future kids will be expecting the exact same kind of treatment...
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 18:45   Link #27
ff7799
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
the way I see it is that parents really have no common sense cause when they get old, and need their childrens pitty their kids will dump them in a nursing home where they will get their asses beat.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 18:49   Link #28
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a Green Coffee Cup
Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Well I know I needed my ass beat when I was small . I mean at times it did seem excessive and at a point I DID think my parents hated me since I was the only one that they really were after. I'm the last of 3 kids, I thought since i was the youngest i was suppose to be spoiled :P.
Sometimes a whack on the ass is the most effective way to get a point across. If the child repeatedly dissobey's you what are you to do? Let him run over you and think he/she can get away with everything? Grounding didnt work on me 'cuz I didnt give a damn, so I got the belt. Maybe I got it more than other people, but what can you do shit happens.

BTW ff7799 there is something called an edit button as to tripple posting
__________________
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 18:57   Link #29
Lord Akuma
Fallen Angel
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: On the shores of Ithaka.
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Lord Akuma Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Akuma
Well, I can honestly say my parents are pretty good. They are open minded and reasonable and I've never been beaten. Ever. They treat me like an equal and I have no problem with em.
__________________
Who am I really?
Lord Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 19:01   Link #30
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: "Post a Photo of Yourself!" Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
I really hope this is sarcasm because its things like this I'am talking about. Kids get their asses whipped and then turn around and beat the shit out of their kids when they become parents cause they think its the way to do things. People think for yourselves, the belt is never the answer, not matter what, how would you like if you committed a crime you were sentenced to getting your assed whipped. I mean seriously just as embarrassing as it is for you as a adult its just as terrible for kids and even more demeaning because they feel as they have no rights. Man I really don't like some people really don't. I mean these bastards have some nerve to repeat their mistakes over and over. Man think for yourself, talk with your kids before you grab a belt and beat them to near death then say they deserved it, it was the only way they would learn.
Every parent has their own way of punishing their kids....and i for one never saw how sending kids to their room or making them look at a wall for an hour will change their behavior...the kids room will have all of their toys...and looking at a wall will just delay the inevitable of them causing trouble again.

When i'm a parent i'll probably end up hitting my kids also, not cause my parents did it to me so i'm gonna take it out on my kids or cause "I can't think for myself" but cause it worked wonders for me. My parents never hit me out of just anger, they never hit me more then they should have...if i got hit it's cause i did something bad and i deserved it..nothing more nothing less. You people taht don't like hitting your kids make it sound like the parents that do hit their kids get them, tie them up to the wall and give them 10 lashings...well..in some cases i wouldn't doubt that parents do that but it's not always like that...abusive parents are abusive...but that's not to say all parents that hit their kids are abusive.
__________________

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 19:03   Link #31
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Jersey (near NY city)
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
I really hope this is sarcasm because its things like this I'am talking about. Kids get their asses whipped and then turn around and beat the shit out of their kids when they become parents cause they think its the way to do things. People think for yourselves, the belt is never the answer, not matter what, how would you like if you committed a crime you were sentenced to getting your assed whipped. I mean seriously just as embarrassing as it is for you as a adult its just as terrible for kids and even more demeaning because they feel as they have no rights. Man I really don't like some people really don't. I mean these bastards have some nerve to repeat their mistakes over and over. Man think for yourself, talk with your kids before you grab a belt and beat them to near death then say they deserved it, it was the only way they would learn.
Sarcasm? I am a pretty sarcastic person but I wasn't being sarcastic just now.

I will beat the living hell out of my kids if they ever step out of line. I didn't get beat often, but that's because I quickly learned what I should or should not do. And I turned out pretty well (or so I think)..

And if a public asswhoppin' of criminals would help deter them from committing crime again, I'd be ALL for it!

but i'd like to say that when i say ass whoopin', i mean literally just whippin that ass. I would never beat my kids on the face or on the head... a belt or a duster (the one with a flexible handle.. my mom would hold the feather end part and hit me with the handle) can cause good amount of pain on either the palm of the hand or the butt... It'll hurt but won't cause any serious physical harm to the child (just redness and a lot of tears). And I would beat them only if there was a real reason for it (badly misbehaved and stuff)...
__________________
"Pigs who defy Me will suffer the consequences of my Wrath..." -Morino Ibiki-
"In the Rain I was smiling. But I was really crying. I was really crying..." -Seta Soujiro-
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted,then used against you"
.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 19:33   Link #32
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
They sent me 20 dollars last week to buy cereal! ..to know when your daughter is suffering from RiceChex withdrawl...thats love
(lol) Its all about the CocoPops!

Me and my folks get on pretty well, im more of a mammas boy so me and my mum get on nicely I like my mum coz she isnt too harsh and she is weird just like her son (me). Me and my dad...well thats another story...me and him are kind of like opposites but we still get on pretty well but when me and him get in an arguement WOOOOO its kahrazy! ~wriggle~
Overall Status With Folks = Green ... thats good for those who are not sure
__________________
Sig removed by Mod because it has exceeded the size limits -> See the Forum Rules.
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:02   Link #33
Tzurial
in silent opposition
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: oh...I've been there
Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
but i'd like to say that when i say ass whoopin', i mean literally just whippin that ass. I would never beat my kids on the face or on the head... a belt or a duster (the one with a flexible handle.. my mom would hold the feather end part and hit me with the handle) can cause good amount of pain on either the palm of the hand or the butt... It'll hurt but won't cause any serious physical harm to the child (just redness and a lot of tears). And I would beat them only if there was a real reason for it (badly misbehaved and stuff)...
I think pain is easily forgotten when youre not going through it anymore. This thread has brought up alot of repressed feelings from my adolescence. I think every problem between me and my parents when I was growing up and almost all of my mental trauma could have been halved if they had just never hit me when I was little. I know I spent more than one night sitting in my closet stewing in my hatred or running away and thinking of ways to cause them the most suffering. Im pretty sure I put rocks down the disposal more than once.. and I also had a journal full of every death scenario I could come up for them. I dont care if the kid's a shit..I would -never- want my kids to curse my existence like I did with my parents. Kids are mean...mean and spiteful!
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:12   Link #34
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
I would never beat my kids on the face or on the head...
That reminds me... I almost got punched in the face the other day... Yay. And it hurts a lot when someone hits you with one of those belts you were talking about on the stomach, too. >.<
Quote:
And I would beat them only if there was a real reason for it (badly misbehaved and stuff)...
Is not doing homework when you are in kindergarden count as a serious reason?

My mom thinks that I'm The Evil. Hurray. Haven't talked to her for more than 5 month.And she dislikes the way I draw.(Her dad was an artist, she thinks I'm not good enough to be a grandchild of *whatever my grandfather's name is*.) She thinks my bro is very talented, though. When he is not. And she doesn't allow him to come near me. Good for me, actually.
My dad thinks that I'm stupid. Yuppie. Even though I was one of the very smartest kids around when I was elementary school (in Russia elementary school is very different from America, starting to learn fractions and stuff in the begining of 2nd grade), I got in the middle school that it's almost impossible to get in if you wasn't learning there from 1st-3rd grade (or not paying... a lot), actually skipped 2 years of school, and in the very advanced math class in our school + taking trig classes. Woho. He does buy me the clothes I want, though. And I can talk to him about my math homework. \o/
And they both don't care about what I watch/read. Yay! That means that I can read yaoi fanfictions.
__________________
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:20   Link #35
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
Sarcasm? I am a pretty sarcastic person but I wasn't being sarcastic just now.

I will beat the living hell out of my kids if they ever step out of line. I didn't get beat often, but that's because I quickly learned what I should or should not do. And I turned out pretty well (or so I think)..

And if a public asswhoppin' of criminals would help deter them from committing crime again, I'd be ALL for it!

but i'd like to say that when i say ass whoopin', i mean literally just whippin that ass. I would never beat my kids on the face or on the head... a belt or a duster (the one with a flexible handle.. my mom would hold the feather end part and hit me with the handle) can cause good amount of pain on either the palm of the hand or the butt... It'll hurt but won't cause any serious physical harm to the child (just redness and a lot of tears). And I would beat them only if there was a real reason for it (badly misbehaved and stuff)...
I agree with the last part. I think a good spanking is all they need.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:23   Link #36
Mad Cat
You only live once!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sweden
Send a message via ICQ to Mad Cat
Im to independent and im over 18 so they cant "control" me any more and yes i get along very well will my parents.
__________________
Lets go chaps, we dont got the entire bloody day on us
Mad Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:25   Link #37
ff7799
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
wicked baka.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I agree with the last part. I think a good spanking is all they need.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:29   Link #38
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
wicked baka.
I'll take that as a compliment. I'm happy to see that you respect my opinion.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:37   Link #39
ff7799
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
yah see now thats proper sarcasm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I'll take that as a compliment. I'm happy to see that you respect my opinion.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:38   Link #40
RichMan
????
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
No, I don't hate my parents. I'm happy and very grateful I have such great parents. Here are my reasons:

-My parents are loving, plus they've never been divorsed(no stepparents)

-I get complete freedom (I can do whatever I want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone much)

-I get an allowance(my dad gives me $10 a week for doing easy chores, and my mom gives me $20 for school lunch, which I use very little so I can buy stuff)

-My parents aren't stupid (trust me, most likely at least some of your parents are stupid)
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
parents

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.