AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 18 34.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-02, 18:42   Link #81
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dublin
Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
OMG!??!

I believe someone already asked it but...WhTF is Hayate~chwan?!! I can't believe too that I there was an episode without Fate(Even if she did appear in the preview)

This is the only complaint I have so far about StrikerS. An episode of no Hayate and Fate-koi....

Also....(Are we still using spoiler tags?)

Spoiler:


And good question about limiters....

Me thinks she had eight(life gates) LOL!
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 18:50   Link #82
Mirificus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
OMG!??!

I believe someone already asked it but...WhTF is Hayate~chwan?!! I can't believe too that I there was an episode without Fate(Even if she did appear in the preview)
I believe that was me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
...

-What is a Hayate?
Why would you expect her to show up anyways? She's only a main character.
__________________
Mirificus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 19:32   Link #83
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under a cardboard box
Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Meh given the title "Stars Strike" I was guessing low lighting and long arc appearance, but it proofed even more impossible to cover such a large main cast after all. Still Vivio chan make through this and be with Nanoha and Fate mama

We are out of Eps which makes me wonder of this will carry to Ep 26 and break the traditional pattern....
__________________
Thanks to Hoshi_Kawa for this avater
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 19:36   Link #84
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
The important parts of the episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WLaXwjNRQo
The girl ALWAYS aims for the head
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 19:38   Link #85
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
sue me

Spoiler for 23:
So vivo is now another Rival, Fate has to worried about
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 19:55   Link #86
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
Quote:
I see what you mean. You DO accept that StrikerS has many faults, but the only reason why you can still enjoy it is because your expectation of it has been alot lower than the rest of us here...

Maybe because we value different things, but the amount and the depth of those mistakes is more than I (And alot others) can accept.

Favoring only certain main characters? Might as well get rid of the rest! Okay, abit extreme... The point is, they've messed up, and the only reason why you're still okay with it, is because you don't find it as serious... Probably because all you're interested in is Nanoha, Fate, Subaru, Teana...

Well, I like character interaction too, where my Lutecia/Erio/Caro?
I guess that's one way of putting it. It may also have to do with it that I always try my best to only see the positive points a show has to offer me, so that I can enjoy it to the fullest. Unless a show is either mindless action (ala Gurren Lagan or Hellsing), Mindless fanservice (like Shuffle, Maburaho or the likes of those) and Midless Comedy (...I still have nightmares related to the first episode of Excel Saga) I will see a show to the end and be left satisfied to a greater or lesser degree. Sure, that causes that most series on my list don't score lower than 7. That may have something to do with me seeing Nanoha third season as something more than your run-of-the-mill sequel, but despite all of that I think that this series is getting more bashed than what it deserves. Sure, it has flaws, it got characters that apport nothing to the series, it got a poor direction, faulty animation, underdeveloped characters, but so what! I still lol whenever I see the protagonists pulling out exaggerated power ups, I still feel for Tea and her dillema, I still liked the TxS combo and the world Nanoha presented leaves plenty of space for fanfics. Call me biased then, but I am not afraid to say I liked Nanoha third season enough to give it a 7... maybe a 7.5 because I like the characters
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 20:06   Link #87
Riddly
It can't be...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P-Town
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
I guess that's one way of putting it. It may also have to do with it that I always try my best to only see the positive points a show has to offer me, so that I can enjoy it to the fullest. Unless a show is either mindless action (ala Gurren Lagan or Hellsing), Mindless fanservice (like Shuffle, Maburaho or the likes of those) and Midless Comedy (...I still have nightmares related to the first episode of Excel Saga) I will see a show to the end and be left satisfied to a greater or lesser degree. Sure, that causes that most series on my list don't score lower than 7. That may have something to do with me seeing Nanoha third season as something more than your run-of-the-mill sequel, but despite all of that I think that this series is getting more bashed than what it deserves. Sure, it has flaws, it got characters that apport nothing to the series, it got a poor direction, faulty animation, underdeveloped characters, but so what! I still lol whenever I see the protagonists pulling out exaggerated power ups, I still feel for Tea and her dillema, I still liked the TxS combo and the world Nanoha presented leaves plenty of space for fanfics. Call me biased then, but I am not afraid to say I liked Nanoha third season enough to give it a 7... maybe a 7.5 because I like the characters
I agree with that. I'm definitely aware of the flaws this season has, but Proto basically summed up my feelings on it regardless.
__________________
Riddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 20:09   Link #88
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26


I'm beginning to see a distinct similarity with all the people who could still remain positive about the show...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 20:10   Link #89
Guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for speculation:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 20:10   Link #90
Riddly
It can't be...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P-Town
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post


I'm beginning to see a distinct similarity with all the people who could still remain positive about the show...
And whatever could that be?
__________________
Riddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 20:12   Link #91
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for thoughts on episode:


Raw- Geez, that audio was something...
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 20:18   Link #92
TAM-Lisa
Yuricon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vietnam
Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
sue me

Spoiler for 23:
I'm glad that she didn't turn into a monster, but I'm little shock when see her become like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Wow I missed any caps of Tea's fight because I was too busy chatting with someone about it, but here's Subaru.

Spoiler for 23:
Subaru's exelion-style wings remind me the ones of Nanoha, really alike.

Shamal finally with Zafira to defeat Otto, nothing to worry about that kid.

Deici (No.X) isn't the bad person, she just a doll in T.H.A.T Dr.J.A.I.L I don't hate all the numbers, but I hate no.IV (who hurts Vivio) and Dr.Jail (who hurts Fate). I can't stand when seeing Fate and Vivio hurt like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
That is a good question, I wonder how many more limiter she have.
Also, her last attack injuried her ?
I hope IV will be killed in a horrible way
I think it's because Nanoha wanna save Vivio, no matter about the injured she has. Yeah, that's my hope aswell I want no. IV to be killed by Vivio and Nanoha. About that Dr. J.A.I.L being attacked and killed by everyone (Fate, Nanoha, Vivio, Subaru, Teana, Caro, Erio and everyone eles who can fight)

Teana in this episode = awesome, she cans defeat both no.XI and no.XII at the same times. It's surprised me. Her effort increased perhaps she's thinking about Subaru in ep.22.
__________________

Nanoha x Fate + Vivio 4ever

Last edited by TAM-Lisa; 2007-09-02 at 20:29.
TAM-Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 20:20   Link #93
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddly View Post
And whatever could that be?
My mistake, the post is suppose to be-

Quote:
"With the exception of Protoman, there is a distinct similarity with all the people who could still remain positive about the show..."
And @Protoman

You do realized that that's alot of faults that you have listed?

Had it been a less popular show, most people (Probably even you) wouldn't even bother with it?

If it's one two problems, sure why not? No show is perfect... But how many faults did you listed?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 20:23   Link #94
Guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for thoughts on episode:
Spoiler for ep. 23:
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for thoughts on episode:
Spoiler for ep. 23:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 20:38   Link #95
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM-Lisa View Post
Deici (No.X) isn't the bad person, she just a doll in T.H.A.T Dr.J.A.I.L I don't hate all the numbers, but I hate no.IV (who hurts Vivio) and Dr.Jail (who hurts Fate).
Yeah, Dieci isn't a bad person, shown with her thoughts these episodes. But she obeys her "father" and "older sisters", so... Not good influence, they are...

IV and Jail are awesome. They just lacked appearance time recently. It's amazing how enjoyable it is to see "truely evil" people act when the show they appear in previously had "misunderstood" villains.

If IV dies (people seem to hope for this), she won't get another chance next season (if there is one). Well, Sentokijin are sturdy, so no worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Spoiler for ep. 23:
Spoiler for ep 23:
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 20:42   Link #96
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dublin
Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
So vivo is now another Rival, Fate has to worried about
Damn you!!!

I. CAN'T. UNSEE. IT.!

Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 20:43   Link #97
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
Quote:
Had it been a less popular show, most people (Probably even you) wouldn't even bother with it?
Probably not now, or even in the near future since normally the premise of a Magical Girl Show doesn't appeal to me easily (CCS being one of the sole exceptions) but since I have a likeness for seeing obscure old shows that receive some good, albeit few reviews, I'd probably be seeing it in a 7 or 8 years time... so would'nt be hearing from me till then probably. Then again I started watching Nanoha back when it was a run-of-the mill Magical Girl show just because my sis recommended it to me so who knows?

Quote:
If it's one two problems, sure why not? No show is perfect... But how many faults did you listed?
Hence why I said it would never make it to my (or anyone's for that matter) Top 10 list.Heck, even my all time favorites like Aria or Haibane Renmei got its share of faults. But as long as they are not faults that go against the very essence of the show (something that Trigun suffered from, for example.) I can make a compromise and overlook them.

Nanoha is by no means a perfect, not even something near to excellent. However, most of the "faults" are almost a byproduct of our own overhyping, and the high bar that its predecessors set up. Sure, as the successor of such good series as the 1st and 2nd seasons our own expectations were very high... but they were just that. Our own expectations. The producers failed to give us a show that was on par with previous seasons, but still they gave us a show that is still above its other cousins, and the show still had many of the elements I liked the previous seasons for, so, like you say, I could still enjoy it despite its gigantic list of flaws.

I'm not trying to tell everyone to just accept my standards. I'm just reminding you that one of the main reasons anime et. al. exist is for our own enjoyment. It saddens me a little that people aren't capable of doing that and missing all the good points Nanoha Strikers has to offer.

That or I am optimistic to the point of it being a disease

Last edited by Proto; 2007-09-02 at 20:58.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 20:56   Link #98
mist2123
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: M.U
Send a message via AIM to mist2123
I think "its in the eyes of the beholder" if u think this series is good/ bad
personally i think this season is perfect
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 21:04   Link #99
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, if you ask me, I think it's enjoyable. In fact, most shows I watch are enjoyable. Hell, even Shining Tears x Wind which from a technical standpoint, was a bunch of crap, entertained me because it was obviously run-in-cheek. However, just because they entertain me and make it worth my 20 minutes weekly doesn't make it free from criticism.

It's a could-be-better argument. Every anime has that argument, but the weakness is more apparent here that even from their own set standards from the get-go, (( hints of darker character development for Hayate, plot details, etc )), it is honestly lacking on most fronts. It's like hinting unspoken promises and wasting time on 'hints' but never developing those beyond just 'hints.'

And there was the general rule of every written story, in terms of balanced characterization that fits the necessary timing... which is very weak on the opposition side, which is half the reason drama occurs, and loss of drama is loss of intensity in storytelling. If it was not for Quattro and Jail being awesome and entertaining as villains, I would have a hard time feeling for them.

Even if I ignore preseason hype, it still feels a little of a let-down, since screen-time were seemingly wasted for something that was only paper thin in depth, or nothing meaningful at all.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 21:08   Link #100
Guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
IV and Jail are awesome. They just lacked appearance time recently. It's amazing how enjoyable it is to see "truely evil" people act when the show they appear in previously had "misunderstood" villains.
I'm not a fan of "truly evil" antagonists - they often make for lazy storytelling - but it's refreshing when characters want what they want, and don't have any moral pretensions about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep 23:
Spoiler:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.