AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 200 81.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 11.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.41%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-03, 21:05   Link #61
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Subspace
Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
I guess that's one of the factors that contribute to my short-lived depression at the moment. It would certainly be great to find someone like her, but I gave up on finding cute, anime-like-kawaii-caring women around me. Maybe if I move to a place where those traits are common, but definitely not around here. And don't let this comment start a discussion, I just wanted to point it out.

I'm uploading that scene on Youtube. I'll post it in a few minutes.

Edit:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ev0DtTTsxF8

Here. Now I can watch it anywhere I go.
Yeah, my dream is hopeless I guess. Now IM depressed.

I agree with your sig's bold text at the bottom.
__________________

Last edited by Vestus; 2007-09-03 at 21:06. Reason: quoting error
Vestus is offline  
Old 2007-09-03, 21:08   Link #62
darksider
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: don't locate me.
It could go to the 'cultural reference' corner but anyway

The mojipittan song - it's the theme song for the Japanese video game 'Kotoba no Puzzle Mojipittan' and its actual title is 'Futari no Mojipittan'.

The game is from Namco and very popular in Japan, but as you can see it's hardly ever known outside Japan due to its nature.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojipittan

You can download these songs in (the older versions of) the game directly from the official website here:
http://namco-ch.net/mojipittan/extra/download/index.php

Personally I prefer the PS2 version to later versions.

Be warned that this song can be very addictive.


EDIT: oh, and I think the game has already appeared in the ep 10.
__________________
「猫は平気そうだもんね、いつでもどこでも、ひとりでも」

Last edited by darksider; 2007-09-03 at 21:39.
darksider is offline  
Old 2007-09-03, 21:18   Link #63
Seditary
Ooooo what?!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Someplace cold :(
Age: 31
My favourite part of the ep has to be the preview with Soujirou and Kanata, that was perfect, gave me one of the best laughs of the whole series so far.

Which was just what I needed after crying earlier.
__________________
Seditary is offline  
Old 2007-09-03, 21:39   Link #64
nadare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
I can see why Clannad could be a top contender for the best anime of the year, but there's just one problem with it. It's from a game with different endings, if you look closely at the Kanon fanboys, there are still disputes about which ending was really canon or not.
It might be from a game with different endings... But, most likely Clannad fans will take Nagisa's route as the canon ending as it has its own after story. In which, separates it from other anime which has Cinderella like ending.

....

I was in tears watching that flashback scene. It seem like Soujirou and Kanata were perfect for each other.

edit: Is it just me or did they give Tsukasa an eyelash.

Last edited by nadare; 2007-09-03 at 21:53.
nadare is offline  
Old 2007-09-03, 22:13   Link #65
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksider View Post
...Was that really your best, Takemoto and Gatou?....And last of all, let me say this: Pity that no one here praises Yoshimizu himself!
Thanks for mentioning Gatou, whom I wasn't aware of, thus giving me a chance to find out more. Gatou Shouji did write this episode (as well as writing TSR and Fumoffu, and eps 5 and 12 of LS), but I'd also like to mention Takao Touko, who both storyboarded and directed this episode. She also directed eps 2, 8 and 15, and ep17 of Kanon, but only did key animation on SHnY, so perhaps she is someone on her way up (like Yamakan is or was?). I think of the storyboard as really important: the point where the script becomes an anime. But perhaps the script is more detailed than I think.

I should add that these people's work on this ep seems pretty fine to me.

Your point about praising Yoshimizu is a great one. Good thing you're doing it yourself. Vexx and other comic-readers have emphasized how good the original is, but it's hard for those of us who aren't reading it to say much in that regard.
__________________
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-09-03, 22:17   Link #66
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
And hate to rain on the parade even more on some of you guys, but from what little has been said so far, the main (or maybe only?) reason Kanata stuck with Soujirou is essentially because they were osana-najimi. Otherwise, why would Kanata care if Sou became an eroge player because she didn't look at him before? He basically guilt tripped her lol.

So in essence, the stars were all aligned for Soujirou to end up with Kanata. Kanata was able to look past his Otaku-ness because they were good friends who grew up with each other; otherwise, I find it hard to believe she would even care about him because otaku AND lolicon (though there's the chicken and egg question) carries such a negative stigma with it that I find it hard to believe she can look past that. More probably than not, she'll be creeped out rather than flattered knowing such a guy loves her the most in the world. In other words, he's one lucky SOB.

Maybe that's the main reason why I'm so into osana-najimi couples; they have nothing to hide with each other, and they can accept the other for who they really are, strengths, faults and all of those.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline  
Old 2007-09-03, 22:30   Link #67
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Subspace
Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And hate to rain on the parade even more on some of you guys, but from what little has been said so far, the main (or maybe only?) reason Kanata stuck with Soujirou is essentially because they were osana-najimi. Otherwise, why would Kanata care if Sou became an eroge player because she didn't look at him before? He basically guilt tripped her lol.

So in essence, the stars were all aligned for Soujirou to end up with Kanata. Kanata was able to look past his Otaku-ness because they were good friends who grew up with each other; otherwise, I find it hard to believe she would even care about him because otaku AND lolicon (though there's the chicken and egg question) carries such a negative stigma with it that I find it hard to believe she can look past that. More probably than not, she'll be creeped out rather than flattered knowing such a guy loves her the most in the world. In other words, he's one lucky SOB.

Maybe that's the main reason why I'm so into osana-najimi couples; they have nothing to hide with each other, and they can accept the other for who they really are, strengths, faults and all of those.
I don't see how that rains on my parade...

Anyway, couldn't Kanata be lucky too? I mean from my biased point of view, she was lucky to find a nice guy since she's seems to be shy and her bust size isn't all that big. From my experience, shy/quiet girls seem the most likely to find the abusive relationships.
__________________
Vestus is offline  
Old 2007-09-03, 22:39   Link #68
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
one of the best eps so far, thou i dont think i can call it the best till i watched the chinese subs...and damn they are taking so long @#^@(&^$97
i just watched the chinese subs, and i have to say this is the BEST ep so far in the series, bar none. And yes tears were flowing in my eyes when soujirou mentioned that "there is one area i have absolute confident with" and the reflashes to the beach scene with kanata. The BGM almost killed me.

It is VERY VERY sad that there are only 2 eps left...

mou whats the english subber doing..so slow. No the OTHER one.
__________________
...

Last edited by angel_wing0; 2007-09-03 at 22:55.
angel_wing0 is offline  
Old 2007-09-03, 23:20   Link #69
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
I don't see how that rains on my parade...
Basically, the only reason why Soujirou hooked up with Kanata was because he was very good friends since childhood (or at least a very long time) with Kanata. Considering the way most children of English speaking countries are brought up (yours truly included), vast majority of people I know don't have such a person. Most of us were stuck in the boy vs girl gender division (or war is a lot of cases) at that age lol.

So I don't see how Soujirou is a beacon of light for some of us. He's born into a circumstance that is very rare with the English speaking community (heck, I don't think it's even that common in Japan). And because its that particular circumstance that made him succeed is the circumstance most of us lack, how can he be a ray of hope?

If any person should be a beacon of hope, it should be the Densha Otoko, yes. But God knows how I hated that show because of its cheeziness, and that's saying something since I can stand a lot of cheddar. XD


Quote:
Anyway, couldn't Kanata be lucky too? I mean from my biased point of view, she was lucky to find a nice guy since she's seems to be shy and her bust size isn't all that big. From my experience, shy/quiet girls seem the most likely to find the abusive relationships.
I guess it's all who we grew up with. Quite a number of people I know in high school much prefer petite girls, and some people liked the shy/quiet type (I'm the opposite on both accounts), and they didn't seem all that bad with their gfs. Of course I've become distant with them past high school, so who knows if they actually became abusive lol. XD
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline  
Old 2007-09-03, 23:55   Link #70
Psycho Power J
Taking in Life's hits
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Today's highlights:
- Don't you just hate how they make these bags of crisps so damn hard to open. Though unlike Kona-chan's persistance, I usually just find the nearest scissors and cut the damn thing open.
Never give up, never surrender! Of course, for the hard-to-open bag, they tend to explode once you do get them open and spill everything on the floor.

I can only imagine what Bread Factory's like. I'm with Misao and Ayano on this one. Anyone know about it?

Kanata section has the best blend of emotional and funny in the series, and just simply the best emotional scene in the entire series. I think this might make it tie with or even beat Episode 12 as my favorite episode.
Psycho Power J is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 00:07   Link #71
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Oh yeah, that reminds me; I'm TERRIBLE at opening bags of chips. It's not that I can't open them; its that when I open them, I make it explode everytime unless I get someone else to open it for me.

Must be the reason why I switched to things like Pringles before I quit chips altogether (I'm now into pudding/jello for snacks).

Heck, I'm terrible at opening anything in a bag/packaging period, if my troubles over booster draft in Magic:The Gathering is of any indication. Not one, but three lol XD
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 00:58   Link #72
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Power J View Post

I can only imagine what Bread Factory's like. I'm with Misao and Ayano on this one. Anyone know about it?
I thnk Kagami may be playing or pretending to be a baker.

Remember one of the speculations on Konata's job? She and Tsukasa thought about bread factory or a bakery or a pastry shop.

But it doesn't fit Konata. So they crossed it out.

Guess I can relate cause I can bake.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 02:44   Link #73
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base partying with the Sendai sisters
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
There are a lot more shows out there that I think can be considered contenders than just these 2. Besides one hasn't even aired.
Kanon 2006 may be the best on its genre, but from an external point of view, it relied too much on "miracles" to solve things at the end.

Death Note is an excellent thriller anime, but it relied too much on "JUST AS PLANNED" gimmick especially in the second part.

Code Geass may be hailed as best in its genre as masterfully written, etc... But the amount of things that "conveniently" happened are not my ideal of masterful writing (the Euphemia and malfuncting Geass one comes to mind).

All of the three resorted to tricks that made the plot flow... in a "forced" and "artificial" way.

They may be the best in their respective genre, but not certainly The Best of whatever year.

As for best of 2007, I've yet to see the Anime Jesus of 2007 but Seirei no Moribito is a very strong candidate.

PS: Btw, I showed the mentionned anime to a friend who is a hardcore cinephile (the kind to watch 1920s german expressionist movies, Hitchcock, Lynch and Tarantino), and studied cinema in uni. He is the one who pointed out the flaws he felt and saw as one who is not into animation as much as I do.


Now we can go back to mourn Kanata.

Last edited by Sheba; 2007-09-04 at 02:59.
Sheba is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 03:40   Link #74
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gulfport, MS
Age: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to Crisu
I cried...

my goodness.. <3

And I thought nothing could top Kagamin's scene from ep21...

Saimoe needs to reopen the vote with Kanata in it...
Crisu is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 05:48   Link #75
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Oh....

The Kanata sequence was absolutely wonderful and liable to be the thing I remember most fondly about this series. I only wish there'd been more of it. An entire episode, say, or maybe a 60 minute OVA.
It's the moment when the music swells and they launch into the flashback sequence. It's just so beautiful.


Wait, the rest of the episode?
Well, I was kind of expecting Konata to open that bag only to have the contents fly out over the room, but it was probably better that didn't happen as it would be too much of a cliche. I did love the Marimite reference at the end even if it was only in Hiyori's mind.

'Death by moe' - What a way to die!

Last edited by Dop; 2007-09-04 at 14:14.
Dop is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 06:26   Link #76
Allamanda
Kiyu Fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Even I, being totally indifferent about Lucky Star, thought this episode would be moving when knowing the title of this episode and it was far better than expected. It was still just another soppy story, but it sticks with my heart for a week or so. Music-wise, it's also accomplished. Satoru Kousaki does a very good job here.


Btw, I may have to check the References List thread, but did anyone if they actually use "Matsuken Samba" in this series? I remember hearing the same melody somewhere...

Last edited by Allamanda; 2007-09-04 at 06:48.
Allamanda is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 06:38   Link #77
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Here and there, mostly home.
Age: 24
I never thought I'd see the day when I would actually shed a couple of tears while watching Lucky Star. I was very touched by the Kanata scene, it was just superb *sniff*
Bondius is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 07:20   Link #78
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I think this isn't the first time Kanata visited Konata and Soujiro,just like what she had mention "It's been a while since i returned here"...her first visit was when Konata was still a small kid,probably a 1-2 years old kid as shown in the image below?

Spoiler:


Owh for the first time i saw Konata blushing herself,when she try to open the bag..damn moe..
__________________
Its ACGN that matters - A blog made by ACGN lovers,for ACGN lovers
margafred is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 08:03   Link #79
Chi-no
Light & Dark User
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the world
Yes. I am touched by this esp about Konata's mother's return... but Am expecting this esp too somehow. Never expect the anime version to be out so soon.

This esp really touched me and made me laughed at the end when they found the shadow in the photo.... It was like Tears of laughter and Touching moments.... hehhe

But I like the background song when Konata ask her father about the reason her mother chose him... Very touching when he gave that answer and the song to that part too....
__________________
"I stand in between the Light and Darkness "

Last edited by Chi-no; 2007-09-04 at 08:16.
Chi-no is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 08:16   Link #80
MajideTime
Big O! It's showtime!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I never, ever thought I'd tear up at Lucky Star, of all things, but that...was so sad. Sojiro is now officially my favourite Lucky Star character...but even outside of "that" scene, this ep was very strong. Shame L*S is ending so soon...
__________________
MajideTime is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.