AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 18 34.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-09-05, 15:50   Link #201
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Spoiler:
Yup. From the looks of it, MC used Wing Roads to propel itself into a couple of kicks, then it controlled Revolver Knuckle to punch Ginga way (even now I'm still amazed at Maaha Caariba )

And the Number you're referring to is Otto

On Perspective: "Depending on who you talk to, twintails are either ponytails multiplied by two, or divided by two.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 15:58   Link #202
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
(even now I'm still amazed at Maaha Caariba
Usually, Teana is the brain of the pair. When she's not there, someone has to think, and since it's not Subaru's forte, the role goes to Mach Caliber.

(Note that MC has always been quite talkative -- see e.g. ep 6.)
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 16:30   Link #203
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
My understanding wasn't that great but why was quattro calling Vivio "your majesty" or something like that?
Vivio looks so kick ass now
Since when does Subaru have excelion mode
Teana is definetly smart and good
Overall, Great episode, next episode is with Fate, can't wait
Old 2007-09-05, 18:05   Link #204
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
My understanding wasn't that great but why was quattro calling Vivio "your majesty" or something like that?
Well, Vivio is the "king". And Quattro is, well, Quattro. She probably said it just to play around with Vivio.

From what I see, anyways.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 21:20   Link #205
X207
Gamyūsa

just finished watching the raws and a blog detailing the episode summary. so how many numbers are left again? so far i counted nine, taking into account the new ginga and vivio. those 2 teana took out are they toast now? it seems they're temporarily knocked out to me. i hate that manipulative quattro, i hope she gets knocked off next. hav any of you thought of a way that the numbers could be deprogammed? ie vivio
Old 2007-09-05, 23:08   Link #206
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Tormenk got it correct. That's what Quattro said.
By "Last" I mean last empress. As to why I think she's the last. Well, she wasn't the first, since there was a "Royal Family". Given that the Saint's era was 300 years ago and there seems to have been a huge war with Midchilda within a few generations afterwards, things may have started falling apart right after she left the scene. However she left the scene.
I'm wondering about the title of "the Saint". It is possible it used to be the title of holy kings of Ancient Belka, but she's "THE Saint" now, the others are just "a Saint".
Ah kk... Looks like my buddy's modification of my theory works better.

And to Tormenk: Sorry if I sounded offensive. I'm just frustrated that the Subs are so far behind the critical episodes.
Old 2007-09-05, 23:18   Link #207
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
just finished watching the raws and a blog detailing the episode summary. so how many numbers are left again? so far i counted nine, taking into account the new ginga and vivio. those 2 teana took out are they toast now? it seems they're temporarily knocked out to me. i hate that manipulative quattro, i hope she gets knocked off next. hav any of you thought of a way that the numbers could be deprogammed? ie vivio
Uno-With Scaglietti
Due-Who knows...
Tre-With Scaglietti
Quattro-Having fun watching the death match between Vivio and Nanoha
Cinque-Still missing, maybe still in repairs
Sein-With Schach, no idea what's going on over there, conscious
Sette-With Scaglietti
Otto-Captured by Shamal and the wolf/dog (Zafira)
Nove-Conscious, rollerskates have been damaged
Dieci-Binded, defeated by Super Nanoha
Uendi-Unconscious, defeated by Teana
Deed-Unconscious, defeated by Teana
Number 13-I think she's still alive... It looked pretty painful..., defeated by Mach Calibar.

Deprogram? I don't think they were controlled in the first place. I don't think they can be reverted back into a human, either.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 23:55   Link #208
Tormenk

@Kha: no worries dude.

I prefer the English subs too for better understanding since I'm half a banana.

If anyone wants, I could translate a short part of the episode like what Quattro was saying to Nanoha. No guarantee for 100% accuracy since my grasp of the chinese subs is shaky at best.

btw, does this end Vice's comeback? Shooting at drones from a heli?
Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 00:08   Link #209
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Last in line? Last Empress or last Marine?

More like I NEED A FRIGGIN TRANSLATION OF QUATTRO'S CHATTING! :grumble:
:scared: Erm...tell me which part is Quattro's chatting and I'll translate for you?

EDIT: Done

Spoiler:

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-09-06 at 00:38.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 01:20   Link #210
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Question!

Why isn't the Asura joining in the battles? It should be armed and at least provide cover fire for Hayate's group.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 01:23   Link #211
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Thanks for the translation! I see how it relates to my theory better now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Question!

Why isn't the Asura joining in the battles? It should be armed and at least provide cover fire for Hayate's group.
Well... so far, the only gun we've seen is the Arc-en-ciel, not the flashy CIWS tracer flares and battleship guns of Gundam lore, and 7Arcs seems to want to keep it that way.
Old 2007-09-06, 04:38   Link #212
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
:scared: Erm...tell me which part is Quattro's chatting and I'll translate for you?

EDIT: Done

Spoiler:
I liked the last quote given by Quattro in her speech to Nanoha...now I'm wondering if Nanoha has the guts to defeat Vivio and still save her at the same time while blasting away Cradle with Quattro in it. (seems like the main villain has changed...Quattro seems more evil than Scaglietti in these final moments of the final battle)
Old 2007-09-06, 04:41   Link #213
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kha
so far, the only gun we've seen is the Arc-en-ciel, not the flashy CIWS tracer flares and battleship guns of Gundam lore,
Not to mention, there are mages all over the area. If the Asura starts firing anti-ship cannons indiscriminately, it could hurt their forces more than the Cradle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05
now I'm wondering if Nanoha has the guts to defeat Vivio and still save her at the same time while blasting away Cradle with Quattro in it.
Ever since I watched ep23, I've been imagining Nanoha leading Vivio on a merry chase throughout the Cradle, letting Vivio blast the ship to pieces while trying to nail her. It would certainly knock down several birds with one stone. Especially if she could reach the bridge.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 05:06   Link #214
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post

Ever since I watched ep23, I've been imagining Nanoha leading Vivio on a merry chase throughout the Cradle, letting Vivio blast the ship to pieces while trying to nail her. It would certainly knock down several birds with one stone. Especially if she could reach the bridge.
yea now that would be interesting...since Nanoha has already reached the throne room, and Vivio is all "mama kill mode", she can lead Vivio into the generator room where Vita was supposedly to be there. And I think by now, Nanoha knows that Vita is in critical condition and doing this tactic would be smart on her part. Although since its Quattro controlling Vivio (or is she not in control...sorry haven't seen this episode yet, just the two main fights...), Quattro would be more smart not to let that happen.
Old 2007-09-06, 05:33   Link #215
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
I liked the last quote given by Quattro in her speech to Nanoha...now I'm wondering if Nanoha has the guts to defeat Vivio and still save her at the same time while blasting away Cradle with Quattro in it. (seems like the main villain has changed...Quattro seems more evil than Scaglietti in these final moments of the final battle)
Absolutely, at the double. Look what she's done to Fate and Vita in season one and two. And furthermore, this is her daughter! She'll do more than just 'befriending'
Old 2007-09-06, 05:39   Link #216
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

well this is still a "mahou shoujo" genre, so I don't think we'll get a very bad ending...although there are some who think that Vivio isn't in the description of the upcoming episode 26 = she died saving Nanoha and Vita while crashing Cradle somewhere...

But seeing Vivio in this form, I don't think I would want her to be killed in anyway now...she looks pretty cool, and copying Nanoha's hairstyle at the same time. But I have a feeling that she'll revert herself back to being 5 years old if she gets saved by Nanoha....
Old 2007-09-06, 05:42   Link #217
Tormenk

If Vivio lives, I want her to stay in her current form. Teen-Vivio over chibi-Vivio anyday. Provided she lives of course.
Old 2007-09-06, 05:43   Link #218
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
well this is still a "mahou shoujo" genre, so I don't think we'll get a very bad ending...although there are some who think that Vivio isn't in the description of the upcoming episode 26 = she died saving Nanoha and Vita while crashing Cradle somewhere...

But seeing Vivio in this form, I don't think I would want her to be killed in anyway now...she looks pretty cool, and copying Nanoha's hairstyle at the same time. But I have a feeling that she'll revert herself back to being 5 years old if she gets saved by Nanoha....
Since Vivio is the owner, it'll be funny if she has the ship turn around and start shooting at the doctor...
Old 2007-09-06, 05:49   Link #219
Tormenk

Come to think of it, Vivio is the activation key of the Cradle, but is she in actual control of the ship? Or is it the Doctor and Quattro?
Old 2007-09-06, 06:00   Link #220
X207
Gamyūsa

i think vivio is bound to be saved by nanoha abd revert to her younger form.