AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-23, 21:21   Link #81
cardslash02
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Im going to see it today! In only a few hours from now, at the theater in Osaka. Ill tell you all how it was when I get back!
cardslash02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 21:35   Link #82
cardslash02
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Ok, here's the scoop:

Before the movies started there was a brief parody cartoon featuring the main characters from Shana, Kino no Tabi, and Inukami. It featured those characters going to see the Dengeki Bunko movie event. I forget what happened exactly, but it all ended with Shana and the other girl from Inukami getting angry at the two boys. Kino brought her bike into the movie with her.

Spoiler for Shakugan no Shana Movie:


Oh man, but was the Inukami movie hilarious! I had never seen Inukami before, so I couldn't tell much of what was going on, but it was absolutely insane. In it were parodies of Death Note, Haruhi, Nanoha, Ouran and a bunch more. Definitely the best movie out of the three.

Kino no Tabi movie was rather dull, but gorgeous animation.

Oops double post, gomen.
cardslash02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 23:27   Link #83
Silent Xenocide
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardslash02 View Post
Ok, here's the scoop:

Before the movies started there was a brief parody cartoon featuring the main characters from Shana, Kino no Tabi, and Inukami. It featured those characters going to see the Dengeki Bunko movie event. I forget what happened exactly, but it all ended with Shana and the other girl from Inukami getting angry at the two boys. Kino brought her bike into the movie with her.

Spoiler for Shakugan no Shana Movie:


Oh man, but was the Inukami movie hilarious! I had never seen Inukami before, so I couldn't tell much of what was going on, but it was absolutely insane. In it were parodies of Death Note, Haruhi, Nanoha, Ouran and a bunch more. Definitely the best movie out of the three.

Kino no Tabi movie was rather dull, but gorgeous animation.

Oops double post, gomen.
5000 yen for a towel? Seems a little ridiculous.
Silent Xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 03:09   Link #84
eggplant
Eggplant
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Went to see the triple feature movie today.

cardslash02 summarized the plot in his/her post above, so I'll add in my impressions.
Spoiler for Shana movie:
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 04:32   Link #85
darktruth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Just received the Shakugan no Shana SP (Introduction to the movie) DVD today. There wasn't really anything new shown in the theatrical trailers and promo spots but it had an interview with the Japanese VA's of Shana & Yuji and a a short feature of Shana and Yuji defining terms such as a "torch" and other things talked about in the series.

There was also a new shana-tan omake but it ran for just over 2 minutes, actually to be precise...it's titled as "Banjou no Caimelsan". It mainly focused on Wilhelmina talking about something that I didn't really understand (though I think she said she was hungry again like in the other omakes) and Shana made a small appearance near the end. Alastor's journey was stretched too lol. There's a few screencaps I made below.




darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 17:16   Link #86
Devard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 28
A DVD release for the film has been confirmed. No dates yet though, unfortunately.

Source: shakugan.com
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 20:34   Link #87
Devard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 28
Sources indicate that the DVD is scheduled for a September 21st release.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 01:59   Link #88
Shana
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Over there.
Send a message via MSN to Shana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
Sources indicate that the DVD is scheduled for a September 21st release.
Can't wait >< ! is close~~ but not too close T_T
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 06:18   Link #89
Devard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shana View Post
Can't wait >< ! is close~~ but not too close T_T
By the way, the movie's soundtrack will also be released on the same day.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 18:56   Link #90
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
hmm time to go to black market wen it comes out...
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 11:57   Link #91
alvinkhorfire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
By the way, the movie's soundtrack will also be released on the same day.
Devard
The content of the release should be totally different than Shakugan no Shana Movie Insert Single - Akai Namida released a long time ago, right?
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 18:11   Link #92
Devard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Devard
The content of the release should be totally different than Shakugan no Shana Movie Insert Single - Akai Namida released a long time ago, right?
The OST will probably include shortened versions of the two songs like typical anime OSTs, but yes, the contents should be different as they would be including music from the movie.

I've gone through a couple of Google searches but have unable to find a tracklisting just yet, I'm afraid. I will post it here if I find one if someone doesn't get to it first.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 10:49   Link #93
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Generally, how long does it take for a fansub of a movie to be available? SnS comes out on the 21st, so when would be a good estimation of the date it'll be subbed?
__________________
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 01:07   Link #94
prosnoopy
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Anyone know when Shakugan no Shana Movie comes out on DVD/direct download? If so, please tell me ^^.
prosnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 03:15   Link #95
K0ryuoh
O.o
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Malaysia-Penang
So is it worth it to buy the dvd,everything is a recap right?Any extra scenes worth watching?
K0ryuoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 09:40   Link #96
Devard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosnoopy View Post
Anyone know when Shakugan no Shana Movie comes out on DVD/direct download? If so, please tell me ^^.
The DVD will be released on September 21st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0ryuoh View Post
So is it worth it to buy the dvd,everything is a recap
right?Any extra scenes worth watching?
No, not everything is a recap. The movie is an adaptation of the first novel. The events portrayed in the anime for the first novel is not identical to what actually happened in the first novel.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 11:25   Link #97
K0ryuoh
O.o
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Malaysia-Penang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
No, not everything is a recap. The movie is an adaptation of the first novel. The events portrayed in the anime for the first novel is not identical to what actually happened in the first novel.
Cool Thank for the info.So I guess I would order the dvd lol
K0ryuoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 11:35   Link #98
cyth
ふひひ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 28
The DVD version will hold 90 minutes of movie footage, that's 30 minutes more from what the theatrical audiences got for their ticket. The special edition (which I've preordered) will have two DVDs with both the 90 and the 60 minute version. Personally, I can't wait for September 21st. Link
__________________
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 12:07   Link #99
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
Mh i live in germany and dont know, how to order it, if there is a way.

If someone knows a way, please let me know. Thanks very much.
__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 12:52   Link #100
Devard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-san View Post
Mh i live in germany and dont know, how to order it, if there is a way.

If someone knows a way, please let me know. Thanks very much.
You can order it through Amazon.co.jp if you want. Here is the regular edition if you'd prefer that.

Most pages have a link that will switch the page to its English counterpart. It is fairly straightforward if you ask me.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, bishoujo, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, movie, romance, shounen, tsundere

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.