AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-04, 11:57   Link #61
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadenza View Post
oh noes i bought factions, playing assasin is hard X_X
lol, Well, Factions is fun, Assassin isn't that hard, The build is a bit confusing (or for me anyways...I don't know what a good build would be...reccomended skills are appreciated ..lol) but yea...Factions is fun, I like the Assassin...My favorites professions are Assassin, Deverish, and Elementist, My ele is my main...Yeps...then my Assassin's name is Siya Akuma...and I haven't been on him in a while..and my Deverish, I'm down with vader, is well my newist...only a lvl 5...lol
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 15:24   Link #62
Samuel20709
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Well I Have 5 charcters
Rit
Sin
Necromancer{main 1}
Warrior
Dervish
Samuel20709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 16:40   Link #63
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Well finding or making a good sin build or any build can be a task. I haven't used my sin in along time. After I reached lvl 20 with her, I just stopped and use her as a storage for time being.
With Factions, you get to par take in the great alliance battles, I find them to be good fun.

I have one of each class, but my sin and rit, I use for storage
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 10:40   Link #64
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well finding or making a good sin build or any build can be a task. I haven't used my sin in along time. After I reached lvl 20 with her, I just stopped and use her as a storage for time being.
With Factions, you get to par take in the great alliance battles, I find them to be good fun.

I have one of each class, but my sin and rit, I use for storage
Indeed AB's are fun...but I don't usually go...I'm not in a guild at the moment...Or maybe I am...I think I am...hmm..Yea...I joined one the other day..I remember because I was giving him tips on how to beat Riku on Kingdom Hearts...lol
But yea...I don't think the leader has factions...I don't either...I did the trial thing...lol, Then I enterd a mission and it's like. You subscription is up, and I'm like, OO, that can't be good...lol It wa not pretty...the messeged me saying the got slaughterd...lol
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 01:19   Link #65
Edgewalker
Nani ?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Emerald Forest ( yes its a real place. )
Just wanted to say that anyone who has mostly level 20's should get nightfall. Its a great expansion, with great art too.

Best of all you dont have to wade through a bunch of filth before you get to the good stuff. LIke with me I only use one serious PvE character, and tried going through all 3 of the expansions. Its kinda boring to have to go through all the low end missions with low rewards when you an obviously end game character with ascended armor. GWEN just plops your right into End game content
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 10:30   Link #66
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Actually the best thing to do in the beginning with a sin is to have fun with it. But if you join a PUG (pick up group), then be wary of people acting like an arse towards you. One place to have a look to get an idea of how to make a build is

http://www.pvxwiki.com

It lists some builds there, but the best thing to do is to have a try of things and then when u feel more comfortable you will come up with your own ones.

Don't be put off with weird builds, my sin (reroll 5 due to lack of hair dresser), is up to 200k and aiming for level 3 survivor, I keep her alive by either using a bow, or a spear (sin/ranger with barrage, or paragon with go for the eyes)

My favourite character is my pretty little ritualist, rits are like the jack of all trades in guild wars. People generally say that they are not as good as the primary professions, but in the right circumstances that isn't true.

my favourite way of playing is as a spirit bomber. i basically setup 6 turrets around the enemy and I hex them so each spirit does an additional 17 armour ignoring damage per hit. that's 100ish damage of additional armour bypassing damage per 1.75 seconds. that doesn't take in account the normal damage they do, the constant blind, knock-downs and interrupts. I love my ghostly babies



My pretty rit with her favourite armour set dyed black, but I am not too sure if the skirt is better deep purple

It cost 6k for the dye so I'm a bit umming and arrring over it
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 21:14   Link #67
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Yay for a GW thread. I didn't even know it existed. Anyways, I am an avid lover of GW, been playing it since it first came out, and I own Prophecies and Nightfall. Now I'm a bit caught between Factions and EoTN....I bought the sneak-peek weekend for GW:EN and it got me really ensnared in its storyline...but I've been meaning to buy Factions for awhile now. One or the other, not both! If I buy both, DOWN will go my studying
Anyways, I have a ranger, monk, ele, and mes...here's my main:
Spoiler for Ranger:
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 21:42   Link #68
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada, Ontario
I'm seeking advice from you guys. Anything suggestion/comments is welcome!

Currently, I own both Prophecy and Factions, and here comes my question.

Should I buy NightFall or Eyes of the North? A friend of mine advise I should get Eyes of the North because is the bridge that connects all 3 of Prophecy,Factions and NightFall into Guild Wars 2 which is to come in 2008. Of course, I cant buy both because of school, but even now and than I can get some time off to play. :P
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 08:09   Link #69
daskuu
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Yay for a GW thread. I didn't even know it existed. Anyways, I am an avid lover of GW, been playing it since it first came out, and I own Prophecies and Nightfall. Now I'm a bit caught between Factions and EoTN....I bought the sneak-peek weekend for GW:EN and it got me really ensnared in its storyline...but I've been meaning to buy Factions for awhile now. One or the other, not both! If I buy both, DOWN will go my studying
Anyways, I have a ranger, monk, ele, and mes...here's my main:
Spoiler for Ranger:
I'd go for EOTN, Factions is dead and the only use people still have of it are Alliance Battles (which are dying out) and skills.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
I'm seeking advice from you guys. Anything suggestion/comments is welcome!

Currently, I own both Prophecy and Factions, and here comes my question.

Should I buy NightFall or Eyes of the North? A friend of mine advise I should get Eyes of the North because is the bridge that connects all 3 of Prophecy,Factions and NightFall into Guild Wars 2 which is to come in 2008. Of course, I cant buy both because of school, but even now and than I can get some time off to play. :P
If you plan on playing GW 2 then buy EOTN, it gives you something to do/work for until it comes out.
daskuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 11:43   Link #70
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Just wanted to say that anyone who has mostly level 20's should get nightfall. Its a great expansion, with great art too.

Best of all you dont have to wade through a bunch of filth before you get to the good stuff. LIke with me I only use one serious PvE character, and tried going through all 3 of the expansions. Its kinda boring to have to go through all the low end missions with low rewards when you an obviously end game character with ascended armor. GWEN just plops your right into End game content
Well....for me...I have Proph and NF...but I haven't done much in NF...I'm trying to get everything done in Proph with my Ele before I do anything there...The only thing I reall have to do is Explore...(I've done like none, except where quests and missions take me XD) and finish the bonus in Dragon's Lair...every PUG I get never seems to be able to do it ....It's very weird...My friend got GWEN...and was like THERE'S THE GIANT LADY BEAR THING!!! and I was like Right...and he's telling me all this stuffs about it and how cool it is and that it's only for 20's or you'll get anillated and stuffs....And now I want to get it, and I told him that I can't afford it, and he's like, You coulda pre-orderd it for $5..that's what I did..and I'm like I'm still trying to figure it out...I thought the preorder was more, and the sneak peak weeked was for $5....So I dunno...but all I know is I wana get GWEN....But I can't afford it.....He keeps telling me when I get the money to buy it...but what does everyone else think of it?
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 13:29   Link #71
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Well....for me...I have Proph and NF...but I haven't done much in NF...I'm trying to get everything done in Proph with my Ele before I do anything there...The only thing I reall have to do is Explore...(I've done like none, except where quests and missions take me XD) and finish the bonus in Dragon's Lair...every PUG I get never seems to be able to do it ....It's very weird...My friend got GWEN...and was like THERE'S THE GIANT LADY BEAR THING!!! and I was like Right...and he's telling me all this stuffs about it and how cool it is and that it's only for 20's or you'll get anillated and stuffs....And now I want to get it, and I told him that I can't afford it, and he's like, You coulda pre-orderd it for $5..that's what I did..and I'm like I'm still trying to figure it out...I thought the preorder was more, and the sneak peak weeked was for $5....So I dunno...but all I know is I wana get GWEN....But I can't afford it.....He keeps telling me when I get the money to buy it...but what does everyone else think of it?
I say go ahead and get GW:EN. When your friend said that the pre-order was only $5, yes, he was actually referring to the sneak-peek weekend. I think the actual price for the game is something like $40 if you didn't pre-order.....if you did pre-order it's $35. I'm going to get it myself eventually, but right I'm sortof addicted to Maple Story
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 19:49   Link #72
kadenza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Talking

just want to thank everyone who helped me understand GW and choose an appropiate gw campaign, i have to say this is one of the if not the best mmo ive played - reason being is that it puts the RPG back into mmorpg, awesome core gameplay, just needs a few more extra carricular activites [mining etc] though the ones it does hav r friggin kool [polymock ftw] - ive been playing on and off for awhile but more recently after 2 of my friends saw it [the campaign i bought] and then went out and bought it - this is possibly the ONLY good casual mmorpg ive played, and the only mmorpg which can honestly call its self an mmoRPG wich includes the prospect of rewarding casual gameplayability, the gameplay itself is way kool too - feels way more involving even on a average gameplay basis.

cant wait for GW2 ^_^\/, by then hopefully ill hav pwned all the campaigns and the HoM will b complete....

like anygame it isnt perfect but never the less its still a dam fun, involving and interesting game.
kadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 21:24   Link #73
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 25
You know. I've been thinking of playing GW again... But I don't know which 'expansion' to grab... Factions? Nightfall? Eye of the North? /sigh
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 22:18   Link #74
Kusion
Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
I have the first one I think. It's pretty cool, but not really my style. There are some problems I feel could be fixed, but then again it's just an acquired kind of thing. I pre-ordered "Eye of the North", but never got it.

Guess I never really got into it!
Kusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 00:08   Link #75
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
You know. I've been thinking of playing GW again... But I don't know which 'expansion' to grab... Factions? Nightfall? Eye of the North? /sigh
It really depends on what aspects of the game you like best. Like PvP more? Then pick up Factions. Really loved the style of Prophecies? Grab Nightfall. Interested in getting into GW2 when it comes out? Then get Eye of the North. I have Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall and am a fan of all 3. Eventually I plan on getting EOTN before GW2.
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 11:44   Link #76
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Get Eye Of The North Or Factions i never really like Nightfall
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 13:17   Link #77
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 25
Isn't Eye of the North geared for 20s though? I'm thinking of Nightfall... Since you get Heroes.
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 14:23   Link #78
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Oh very good point yea get NIghtfall Hero are a Big help
but Eye Of The North{GWEN} has Dungeons Like WOW{i hate that game}
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 15:08   Link #79
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Well, Hero's are a big help, but I don't have any, never really botherd getting any XD...Altough I some how get by with my messed up build...Well sorta messed up....Not really...My build is all fire, and yet I'm using a "Dragon Staff of Fortude (Something like that)" Which is a water staff XD...Amazing arn't I? But yea...People keep comparing WoW and GW to see which one is better...If you ask me, they are about the same, WoW doesn't really have a set storyline like GW...That's why I find GW better then WoW, but then WoW has more options, profession and other stuffs and stuffs....I belive they are really about the same....

A yes Krss, Eye of the North is build around 20s
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 17:07   Link #80
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Seriously, it really irks me when GW and WoW are compared since they are two completely different types of games. It's like trying to compare plums and peaches... sure they're in the same family but they taste, look, smell, and feel nothing like each other. I for one greatly dislike WoW (beware Grindfest) and find GW to be more to my liking, especially since it rewards skilled players who casually play now and then.

Siya - I find it very interesting that you use a water staff when you use a fire build. Don't you think switching weapons would be benificiary for both strength and skill? I like to carry around four different bows, sometimes more, so as to create maximum dmg for varying environments.
Krisslanza - agreed, EoTN is geared towards lvl 20 players who desire a challenge and also for those preparing for GW2. Heroes really are a big help, and as said before, they're not necessarily needed, but they do make everything more manageable and you have less reason to freak out at the henchies since you can actually control the skills, weapons, and actions of the heroes themselves.
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.