AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-09-07, 16:51   Link #1
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Trying to Mux a MKV with the H264 video raw...

Just downloaded a mkv raw with an accompanying muxer... The Read me says:

Extract the .zip and put the muxer and video-raw files in the directory, then run the 'Run Me.bat'.

After I clicked "run me bat' the prompt appeared then just dissapeared...I'm not sure what it did, but when I watched the raw no sub options were available...

I'm not familiar in trying to mesh subs in this fashion...Usually I've just demuxed stuff in the past...Can anyone help me incorporate them? I do have Power Iso if that somehow helps...
Old 2007-09-07, 17:01   Link #2
emptyeighty

mkvtoolnix should be able to do the job. Just add all the tracks you want and click mux.
emptyeighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 17:23   Link #3
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^ I think it's more of an issue with me not understanding the files I got rather than having to add a new program...If I send you a screen-shot of the files in PM could you help me with it? I mean are you good with stuff like this?
Old 2007-09-07, 19:11   Link #4
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Sorry for the double-post but anyone willing to help me I do have the screen-shots of the files and will share them on PM if prompted in this thread, thanx...
Old 2007-09-08, 04:30   Link #5
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Just downloaded a mkv raw with an accompanying muxer... The Read me says:

Extract the .zip and put the muxer and video-raw files in the directory, then run the 'Run Me.bat'.

After I clicked "run me bat' the prompt appeared then just dissapeared...I'm not sure what it did, but when I watched the raw no sub options were available...
Not sure where you got your file from but that's pretty damn suspicious (seeing a .bat at this time, and also the quickly appearing-disappearing command prompt). What are you trying to do, exactly - just place the video file in a container? Add softsubs to the video in a .mkv? You could use mkvtoolnix or Virtualdubmod for that task. It's possible that someone could have scripted something to add it automatically for you, but I've never heard of it.
Old 2007-09-08, 16:54   Link #6
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Usually people distribute with batch files so newbs can just double click it to mux according to what that person used. My guess, check the paths in the batch file so they point to the correct places. Also on the last line add PAUSE. This will stop the batch file from immediately closing when it is finished (requires user input) and you can see if errors come up or not. The appearing/disappearing is not that suspicious at all...if you've ever used batch files. It's typical behavior when it isn't written nicely. Though it could be something malicious, I put the blame fully on any fool (and movax) who didn't read a batch file before executing it . Right click, Open With, notepad.

Unless the person actually did something nifty at muxing, you should be able to just drop the video/audio file and the subs into mkvmerge gui, click mux, and be done with it. Actually using the program in this instance isn't that much more complicated then clicking "Run me.bat"
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 20:42   Link #7
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Just to continue on, if you want to see the contents of the batch file and see what it does while it runs, you will need to run it through command.com.

Just go to START > run > and type 'cmd'.

Then you can use 'edit "run me.bat" <-- See to the contents

To run it, type - "run me.bat" (with the quotes)
Spoiler for Command Prompt:
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote