AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-09, 12:15   Link #161
kayos
RETIRED
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
I say it's the bad endings that makes the game.
Well considering it's a ero game about high school adolescent teens with plenty of paths and alternate endings to choose from. I, myself wouldn't exactly say that majority played the game just to see the bad ending. If that's the reason for someone to play it, they might as well just download the ending from some site and just watch it.

It's the story and characters, that usually draws people in. Yes the alternate endings would increase the replay value but bad endings alone don't sell.
kayos is offline  
Old 2007-09-09, 22:21   Link #162
hipeach
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Well considering it's a ero game about high school adolescent teens with plenty of paths and alternate endings to choose from. I, myself wouldn't exactly say that majority played the game just to see the bad ending. If that's the reason for someone to play it, they might as well just download the ending from some site and just watch it.

It's the story and characters, that usually draws people in. Yes the alternate endings would increase the replay value but bad endings alone don't sell.
Personally I find the story and characters of the game utterly mediocre. the bad endings alone don't become the whole game, but what I meant was that it's the bad endings that makes the game famous and somewhat memorable. (but I still don't think the game is anywhere near exceptional anyway, even with those bad endings, it's just ranging from mediocre to slightly above average )
__________________
"i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"
hipeach is offline  
Old 2007-09-11, 14:51   Link #163
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Spoiler:
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2007-09-11, 15:51   Link #164
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
It is official - there has been an outbreak of heavy duty crack in the studio producing the anime. Ep11 seems absurdly ridiculous. That said, it seems like we somehow might end up with 'To my children'. The scripters have simply let all hell lose >.> Next episode title: School Days, which doesn't tell me much ... well, at least 'Minna no Makoto', which was this week's title, proved to stand for the same thing it does in the game >.>
__________________
Skyfall is offline  
Old 2007-09-11, 15:55   Link #165
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Frankly, i'm so annoyed by the last episode that it is even hard to imagine what will happen.

first, no, i can't believe they "tried to mess the players so no one would predict what would happen". they simply shuffle nearly everything like bunch of retards, and the result is simply surrealist and "laughable" in a degree.

Considering that Kotonoha didn't use any knife, i'm not exactly trusting the zoom on sekai's knitchen knife in this ep.
Also, in "to my children", she kinda realizes she is pregnant while she knew about Makoto's affair.
Here, she is... wait what? lovey dovey at his mention when he is patting her belly?

no seriously, it might look like to my children, it MIGHT happen (god damn, it doesn't look realist either), but it is simply idiotic.

i will be frank: if they pull a "everything was a dream, Makoto was just having nocturn phantasm about the girls", i would even accept it as a "good" deus ex machina.
but seriously, no way in FROZEN HELL they will give a "decent" (not even good, i mean it : DECENT) end.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2007-09-11, 16:02   Link #166
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Frankly, i'm so annoyed by the last episode that it is even hard to imagine what will happen.

first, no, i can't believe they "tried to mess the players so no one would predict what would happen". they simply shuffle nearly everything like bunch of retards, and the result is simply surrealist and "laughable" in a degree.

Considering that Kotonoha didn't use any knife, i'm not exactly trusting the zoom on sekai's knitchen knife in this ep.
Also, in "to my children", she kinda realizes she is pregnant while she knew about Makoto's affair.
Here, she is... wait what? lovey dovey at his mention when he is patting her belly?

no seriously, it might look like to my children, it MIGHT happen (god damn, it doesn't look realist either), but it is simply idiotic.

i will be frank: if they pull a "everything was a dream, Makoto was just having nocturn phantasm about the girls", i would even accept it as a "good" deus ex machina.
but seriously, no way in FROZEN HELL they will give a "decent" (not even good, i mean it : DECENT) end.
Wouldn't that then make it fit in with the series? If it is idiotic, then according to many of the people, it is bound to happen.

I don't know. I think how they are putting it together is impressive. Unless Episode 11 is really that bad, I think that if they can pull everything together, it could be one of the better endings I've seen.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2007-09-11, 16:42   Link #167
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 28
I don't think ep 11 is bad. Having Sekai knocked up and Makoto sleeping around even more is a great set up to push Sekai over the edge and leads straight to the one ending we all love.
Hypernova is offline  
Old 2007-09-11, 16:53   Link #168
Chewy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Age: 29
Even if Sekai does the stabbing next episode, this series is still crap. You can't build Kotonoha's pain up for that many episodes, then ditch it and have Sekai pull it off. It's ridiculous.
Chewy is offline  
Old 2007-09-11, 17:48   Link #169
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I just love how ep 11 was able to foresake any logic and reason as to why he sluts jumped all over makoto (ive heard of a chick magnet but this is just rediculous )
Its entertainment for me to he how highschool drama can screw up like this ^.^
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2007-09-11, 18:25   Link #170
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Even if Sekai does the stabbing next episode, this series is still crap. You can't build Kotonoha's pain up for that many episodes, then ditch it and have Sekai pull it off. It's ridiculous.
It could be a Deux Ex Machina. I like it.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2007-09-11, 19:17   Link #171
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Even if Sekai does the stabbing next episode, this series is still crap. You can't build Kotonoha's pain up for that many episodes, then ditch it and have Sekai pull it off. It's ridiculous.
Or perhaps by some strange twist he and every girl he slept with ends up in Sekai's mom's restaurant kitchen and they all take a turn at butchering him to serve as nutrient for Sekai's baby.
Hypernova is offline  
Old 2007-09-12, 02:11   Link #172
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Or perhaps by some strange twist he and every girl he slept with ends up in Sekai's mom's restaurant kitchen and they all take a turn at butchering him to serve as nutrient for Sekai's baby.
I liek this ending very much
dodgethis_sg is offline  
Old 2007-09-12, 02:19   Link #173
patnam
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Or perhaps by some strange twist he and every girl he slept with ends up in Sekai's mom's restaurant kitchen and they all take a turn at butchering him to serve as nutrient for Sekai's baby.
what a violent ending...... but too cruel till it turns no more romantic but horror......
patnam is offline  
Old 2007-09-12, 08:04   Link #174
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
So, after actually seeing episode 11, I think I have my final prediction.

Makoto-Kotonoha does not last long. She has hope, but then she goes to school and hears the rumors that Sekai is pregnant. She cracks again, this time for good. I think this will result in an ultimate hatred of Sekai, possibly leading to a "Bloody Conclusion" ending.
However, I'm starting to doubt a bloody ending. I think an anime original ending with Makoto completely abandoned, save for Sekai and her child, is very likely.

I can definately conclude that episode 11 got things going on the downslope to a conclusion. At least they didn't add in more plot twists.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2007-09-12, 08:32   Link #175
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
However, I'm starting to doubt a bloody ending. I think an anime original ending with Makoto completely abandoned, save for Sekai and her child, is very likely.
Is that really abandoned?

What'd be the moral of the story, "be a fucking retard and you'll find happiness"?
__________________
AvatarST is offline  
Old 2007-09-12, 08:41   Link #176
kayos
RETIRED
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
What'd be the moral of the story, "be a fucking retard and you'll find happiness"?
More like, "don't forget to wear a condom while having sex, you might get more than what you're asking for".
kayos is offline  
Old 2007-09-12, 08:51   Link #177
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Is that really abandoned?

What'd be the moral of the story, "be a fucking retard and you'll find happiness"?
Does this story need a moral? But I think it would be something along the lines of "Be careful with what you do, or you may end up with something you don't want." Maybe they can show how he truly loves Kotonoha, but is stuck with Sekai because of the child.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2007-09-12, 08:53   Link #178
AvatarST
◕‿‿◕
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Argentina
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Either of those would be somewhat decent conclusions, as long as Makoto isn't happy in the end.

But I do think it has to leave some sort of message, otherwise such a trainwreck will be pretty pointless.
__________________
AvatarST is offline  
Old 2007-09-12, 10:45   Link #179
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Either of those would be somewhat decent conclusions, as long as Makoto isn't happy in the end.

But I do think it has to leave some sort of message, otherwise such a trainwreck will be pretty pointless.
Agreed... School Days will have to leave a strong impression to tie all the crap up...
__________________
obentou is offline  
Old 2007-09-12, 11:03   Link #180
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Either of those would be somewhat decent conclusions, as long as Makoto isn't happy in the end.

But I do think it has to leave some sort of message, otherwise such a trainwreck will be pretty pointless.
I don't think that they would even consider a happy ending. Otherwise, they'd know that the fans would go into a fit of outrage and it would be nominated multiple times for the series with the worst ending.

Or how about this for an original ending? Every girl Makoto has had sex with is pregnant with a child of his, and they all tell him about it.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.