AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-23, 23:03   Link #61
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Since I've watched anime before not knowing what studio made what. I will def watch this one, ever since I saw the trailer and I'm a romance fanatic so....
Marina Ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 10:06   Link #62
spaz

I don't know why you guys are dissing on gonzo they have made some pretty good anime in the past
spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 10:51   Link #63
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I don't know why you guys are dissing on gonzo they have made some pretty good anime in the past
I don't believe anyone's putting that in doubt, but the fact remains that they have been sloppy in the past regarding key animation quality in TV series. And they have been widely criticized by the fans of the original works some of their series were based on (I believe Hellsing is the most prominent example).

Still, they did make pretty good shows. As another example, Studio DEEN has also made wonderful shows (Simoun, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) but their animation quality is very, very subpar.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 23:30   Link #64
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1|Iwata_kun View Post
I'm not really sold on this anime, but I tend to watch every gonzo anime just to watch it initially. Gonzo has been kinda average this year, and I don't see this as being their mega title either.

I also don't belive GONZO makes flawsless animation, but when GONZO does make good animation they are awesome like Gankutsuou and Last Exile. For me they don't have any middle ground, they are either really great or really average. People knock GONZO all the time, but I've seen worse *cough* madhouse *cough* After watching Death Note(which is slightly better than the other two), Claymore, and Kaibutsu ouju, I wish never to see another madhouse anime for awhile.
You do know that Madhouse has done Dennou Coil which I assume your a fan of the show since your using one of the character in your avatar and that show has been well animated. Oh! Edo Rocket is another very well animated show that they done recently. There also doing the animation for The Boondocks 2nd season and from trailers it looks pretty damn good.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 01:59   Link #65
Westlo
Lets be reality

The A team of Madhouse is amazing.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 06:11   Link #66
Isako
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Isako
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
You do know that Madhouse has done Dennou Coil which I assume your a fan of the show since your using one of the character in your avatar and that show has been well animated. Oh! Edo Rocket is another very well animated show that they done recently. There also doing the animation for The Boondocks 2nd season and from trailers it looks pretty damn good.
Actually, I never paid attention to it to tell you the turth. I have gotten so into Coil, that I forgot to see what studio did the animation -_-.
Isako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 03:44   Link #67
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Well, they got some nice seiyuus there, so i am going to first check it out and then give my opinion.
History is kinda weird with sci-fi and dragons
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 08:25   Link #68
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I'm with MrProphet on this one.
While there's many ups and downs to their quality control, overall, I think Gonzo is a very respected animation studio, and stands above the average level in the industry. The recent Gonzo outsourced Gurren Lagann episodes, for example, were astonishingly well done.

HOWEVER.

That being said, I will never forgive them for f*cking up my Hellsing.
Well, most of the key animation for the superior Gonzo outsourced Gurren-Lagann episode was by Gainax and AIC...
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 08:13   Link #69
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

For those waiting to watch English subs, be aware that Gonzo hade their agents put a cease and desist on their recent release, Romeo x Juliet, to prevent distribution of subs from the 2 main English subbers of their series. Yes this won't prevent others from possibly taking it from there, but I just thought it may add a some forethought on whether to see this series or not for those Japanese challenged viewers.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 17:44   Link #70
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

The C&Ds for RxJ came out long after the show (about a week ago actually) had started being subbed and aired. It probably was because it got licensed.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 14:57   Link #71
BluWacky
尻の竜

Episode 1 is... not bad. I wouldn't say it's a work of art or anything, but it's slightly less ridiculous than the promo video makes it out to be. Sure, it still has cheesy dialogue, nothing really makes huge amounts of sense, and there are way too many characters with uncomfortably enormous breasts for my liking, but it's a decent enough beginning to a show I guess...

I'll take what I can get, there's not much else this season that looks even vaguely interesting.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 15:00   Link #72
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Waiting on the file. >=(
Old 2007-10-03, 15:05   Link #73
7Th
Mixtape

2ch won't shut up about the QUALITY. :P
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 15:08   Link #74
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

2ch also won't shut up about a lot of stuff.
Old 2007-10-03, 15:18   Link #75
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
QUALITY is a hard issue to be opinionated about. Either it is or it isn't. I find it rather difficult to mistake something that looks just awful and unprofessional.

BluWacky pretty much confirmed my expectations of this show. I'll give it a watch for several episodes to see if they are going anywhere. There is absolutely nothing to see till Ghost Hound hits in a couple of weeks, so I'll take even this light outing.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 15:23   Link #76
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Such high expectations will only lead to suffering (or are people already labelling this a trainwreck just because it is gonzo ) - the PV looks good enough for me (lawl CG DRAGON! XD)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 15:24   Link #77
cyth
ふひひ

Meh, not that impressive. Camera angles were kind of weird, nothing special about direction. Animation was good overall, almost impressive, but considering this is GONZO and just the first episode I'll reserve my final judgment for later. Character designs are too... plain, for the lack of a better word. Seiyuu didn't have a chance to stand out.
Spoiler:
The very start looked promising, but the 'shounen' feel just made it look all cheezy, that's been pointed out already. A character with 'John Lennon' glasses doesn't help to ease that notion one bit. It's apparently a-must in GONZO shows.
Old 2007-10-03, 15:25   Link #78
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Kind of hard to have high expectations considering how the season is turning out so far. =|

I just want some ridiculous racks I think.
Old 2007-10-03, 15:45   Link #79
Takanome

Opening screens:
Spoiler for pics:
Old 2007-10-03, 16:33   Link #80
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Episode 1 was alright and quite typical of anime in general. Pretty, vivid colors; stock characters; primitive storyline; fanservice that is too obvious.

Fine stuff, but nothing to start death cults over.

It's absolutely watchable if you need a respite in-between something more intelligent and taxing on the mind.

PS: The phrase "It's lonely to be alone" was EPIC! It almost rivals undisputed anime gems like "You die when you are killed". 8)

Last edited by MrProphet; 2007-10-03 at 16:48.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi