AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-10-08, 01:39   Link #1
Perseid

Scratchy audio on Vorbis media files

When I play an MKV with Vorbis audio in MPC I get scratchy audio. Random pops and crackles in the sound. I am using ffdshow's audio decoder now but I did disable it and try the official Ogg direct show pack and it did the same thing. MKVs with any other audio codec don't do this.

Thanks.

EDIT: It looks like Wikipedia may have answered my question for me. "Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats. However, OGM audio playback is limited by a lack of support for the CoreVorbis DirectShow filter, which mainly affects newer OGM files (c. 2006). The crux of this problem is that MPC is hard-coded to use an older Vorbis filter, so even if one installs newer filters, MPC is unable to use them"

How lame.

EDIT 2: Problem Solved. For those with a similar problem, here's what I did: Disabled Ogg support in MPC and ffdshow. Installed The Haali Media Splitter. Installed the CoreVorbis codec.

Last edited by Perseid; 2007-10-08 at 02:24.
Perseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 03:23   Link #2
martino
makes no files now

http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/ind...:Vorbis_Issues

That would have been the fastest solution I believe, but looks like you found your solution though, though at the cost of installing more filters on your system which you don't actually need.

P.S. You shouldn't really use most of MPC's internal filters either way...
Old 2007-10-08, 14:24   Link #3
Perseid

Yes, your solution works as well and is a lot cleaner than my solution. Thanks.
Perseid is offline   Reply With Quote