AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-10-12, 09:44   Link #1
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

playback problem, need help

i have some problem went i play 1280 x 768 .mkv file, the sound went first and then the graphic

my computer have 2.4GHZ pen 4 bus 533, ATI radeon 9550 GE 128MN/128bit 1GB DDR 400, please help me find the problem

When i check the performance graph, when the video have problem, the CPU process is 100%. That mean my 2.4GHZ not strong enough then what is strong enough

sorry about my English
Old 2007-10-12, 09:57   Link #2
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

I think this should belong in the Playback help section.

But to get to the point. I would say your CPU isn't powerful enough. And to your question what is powerful enough my answer would be a Conroe. MHZ doesn't equal to performance anymore. a 2 ghz dual core would easily outperform your 2.4ghz P4.

It's how efficient a clock tick is now and a Conroe clock tick is more efficient than that of a P4. And therefore it doesn't need that much MHZ to do the same task as a P4. Not to mention that it is a Dual core.

Perhaps this thread contains some useful info that might help you.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=50343

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Old 2007-10-12, 10:51   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
please help me find the problem
Does the show you want to watch have an XviD version as well? If so, try that instead.

The problem isn't with the Matroska (.mkv) container, but the H.264 codec that was used to encode the program. H.264 is more highly-compressed, and thus has better resolution at the same file size as XviD, but it puts substantial demands on your CPU. I had a Celeron P4 before that wouldn't play H.264 files, but it would play XviDs just fine, even ones at 1280x720. Now I have a machine with 3.0 GHz Pentium D, which plays H.264 encodes just fine.

There's no solution to the problem of watching H.264 encodes other than buying a new computer.
Old 2007-10-12, 10:58   Link #4
Mentar
Banned

Try CoreAVC. With your processor you MIGHT be able to barely squeeze yourself through (you're pretty much the cutoff line).
Old 2007-10-12, 11:24   Link #5
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

i 'm thinking about geting a new processor it is 3.0 HT 800Mhz 478, since is it quite cheap, it is strong enough since i some problem with overclock stuff ?

Quote:
Does the show you want to watch have an XviD version as well? If so, try that instead.
but i really like good stuff

thanks all of you, if i don't get the answer soon may be i 'll buy a new VGA because i thought the problem is about my VGA
Old 2007-10-12, 11:58   Link #6
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
thanks all of you, if i don't get the answer soon may be i 'll buy a new VGA because i thought the problem is about my VGA
A video card has absolutely nothing to do with playing videos, unless the GPU has internal h264 decoding (which is only present in extremely top-of-the-line cards). It's the processor the one that does all the job.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.