AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 22 17.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 32.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 32.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 10.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-17, 19:48   Link #141
Eternal Haruhist

Send a message via MSN to Eternal Haruhist
About Tenmoku Ikkou, i don't think it had the reiji maigo and about the source of its power, maybe is when he fought a tomogara, he absorbed it like with that tomogara in season 1 and regained power of existence to be alive.
Old 2007-10-17, 20:03   Link #142
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Nietono no Shana was the Hougu, he'd just weild it. And I think his strength lied, as was said before, in the fact that the sword ignores any unrestricted spells. They try to defend with a spell, they get owned, they try to attack w/ a spell, it gets negated, and so on.

Old 2007-10-17, 20:05   Link #143
alvinkhorfire

How did Tenmoku Ikko become a torch? Did he somehow kill himself? As we all know, a mystes is a torch with hougu. And, since nietono no shana is his hougu, in the anime episode 16 season 1, Tenmoku Ikko seemed to engage a ironsmith to make nietono no shana. But, I could be wrong. By right, just like other hougu, nietono no shana has to be made by Crimson denizen/lord, right? I am quite confused by this happening.
Old 2007-10-17, 20:16   Link #144
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
How did Tenmoku Ikko become a torch? Did he somehow kill himself? As we all know, a mystes is a torch with hougu. And, since nietono no shana is his hougu, in the anime episode 16 season 1, Tenmoku Ikko seemed to engage a ironsmith to make nietono no shana. But, I could be wrong. By right, just like other hougu, nietono no shana has to be made by Crimson denizen/lord, right? I am quite confused by this happening.
The smith IS tenmokku ikko... and he could've known some not-so-evil guze (like Rammie) to help him in his quest/venture. He forges the sword, the Guze imbues it with power and then at the request of the smith makes him a torch and gives him the sword back... this is all hypothetical, but it shows that it IS possible. Unless of course juts wanting to become a torch is enough, and he was one of those legendary blacksmiths of yore :P

Old 2007-10-17, 20:17   Link #145
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-17, 20:27   Link #146
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Tenmoku Ikko was the swordsmith.

as for the other point, just read an article about Hougu and it makes a lot more sense now:
Hougu are created from the wishes of humans, and I suppose are usually made using a person's power of existence. This likely explains why Hougu are usually hiding in torches, since the initial creators probably become torches when they make the treasures (Though I'm still guessing denizen's hougu go back into torches if they're not on the denizen when they die).

In the swordsmith/Tenmoku Ikko's case, his wish was to create a weapon that defeats demons/crimson denizens/etc. Part of the wish, to create a weapon that could do such a thing, becomes nietono no shana. and then to fulfill the other part, the swordsmith transfers what remains of his existance into a suit of armor, and goes off to kill denizens/flame hazes/etc. with the hougu till he finds someone who will use it.

there are of course exceptions to this, and apparently examples where Crimson denizens help to make the hougu with humans, but as far as I can tell it still requires the human and their ridiculous wish (otherwise it'll be like one of frigane's dozens of totally useless hougu) to get it to work.

Last edited by ashlay; 2007-10-17 at 21:22.
Old 2007-10-18, 09:41   Link #147
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Tenmoku Ikko was the swordsmith.

as for the other point, just read an article about Hougu and it makes a lot more sense now:
Hougu are created from the wishes of humans, and I suppose are usually made using a person's power of existence. This likely explains why Hougu are usually hiding in torches, since the initial creators probably become torches when they make the treasures (Though I'm still guessing denizen's hougu go back into torches if they're not on the denizen when they die).

In the swordsmith/Tenmoku Ikko's case, his wish was to create a weapon that defeats demons/crimson denizens/etc. Part of the wish, to create a weapon that could do such a thing, becomes nietono no shana. and then to fulfill the other part, the swordsmith transfers what remains of his existance into a suit of armor, and goes off to kill denizens/flame hazes/etc. with the hougu till he finds someone who will use it.

there are of course exceptions to this, and apparently examples where Crimson denizens help to make the hougu with humans, but as far as I can tell it still requires the human and their ridiculous wish (otherwise it'll be like one of frigane's dozens of totally useless hougu) to get it to work.
Oh...forgot about that.
That massive amounts of power of existence can grant a Tomogara's wishes, hence why they enter the human world.

Spoiler for about Reiji Maigo:

Still, I wonder...where does Reiji Maigo get all that power of existence when it refills at midnight?
Old 2007-10-18, 10:20   Link #148
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Still, I wonder...where does Reiji Maigo get all that power of existence when it refills at midnight?
doesn't get it from anywhere I suppose.

like all Hougu, the Reiji Maigo defies basic laws of the world. The Reiji Maigo just happens to break a really, REALLY big one.
Old 2007-10-18, 10:26   Link #149
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Now I have another question, now that I've watched the episode at long last:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-18, 10:34   Link #150
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Now I have another question, now that I've watched the episode at long last:

Spoiler:
should be from the Reiji Maigo.

and no, Sydonay nor anyone else has technically touched the thing yet...even though that seems somewhat ridiculous at this point.
Old 2007-10-18, 11:18   Link #151
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Spoiler for tomogara:
Old 2007-10-18, 11:21   Link #152
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

They make Rinne to collect the power of existence.

I think they explained that in season 1.

Old 2007-10-18, 11:38   Link #153
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post
They make Rinne to collect the power of existence.

I think they explained that in season 1.
so how could they make a rinne from, if they make it from a torch so how could the first guze no tomogara come from guze can exist in the human world where there was not a single torch at that time
Old 2007-10-18, 13:07   Link #154
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
so how could they make a rinne from, if they make it from a torch so how could the first guze no tomogara come from guze can exist in the human world where there was not a single torch at that time
When a Tomogara "crosses over" it still has its own power of existence, but it needs a human's power of existance to stay.
They can devour humans on their own, but it seems some like to create Rinne to get the job done

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-10-18 at 14:38.
Old 2007-10-18, 13:15   Link #155
Guido
Halloween

I'm still trying to get over the whole dream sequences, and how do they work. But, this is getting better because something unknown and new is approaching judging from Belpeol's devised look, and all the booze that Margery drown herself into.

Spoiler:

Continuing from where I left off.....
Spoiler:

And as I have posted for episode one, season two would now be exploring what is the Reiji Maigo.
Spoiler:

I AM THE EVIL

Last edited by Guido; 2007-10-18 at 14:12.
Old 2007-10-18, 15:17   Link #156
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Continuing from where I left off.....
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shadowfox79; 2007-10-18 at 15:18. Reason: Forgot Spoiler tag
Old 2007-10-18, 21:30   Link #157
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

With yet another reason why the Reiji Maigo is pure hax, I have to wonder... The Reiji Maigo has been around for quite some time, as it's gathered quite a bit of notoriety. It continuously refills existence and devours the limbs of anyone who pokes it. So how did the Mystes before Yuji end up losing it? Is it a just a matter of Flame Hazes finding and impaling its hosts like De Arimasu tried to do?

The rest I wonder about--the origins and purpose of the Maigo, and how it was released into the wild--will no doubt be revealed in time...
Old 2007-10-19, 00:16   Link #158
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

If the Mystes dies it gets transported to another at random... Yuji was just lucky XD

Old 2007-10-19, 00:28   Link #159
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

It's the Mystes dying that's the problem. I mean, unless they get hit by a bus or something, they don't. Or burn out, etc.
Old 2007-10-19, 00:38   Link #160
Skane
Anime Snark

If I recall correctly, it has been stated in the first season that the Mystes holding the Reiji Maigo can still die if the Mystes is drained completely of its PoE BEFORE the stroke of midnight (in Japan-time apparently ), since the Reiji Maigo does not actively replenishes its Mystes' PoE until the allocated time.

So Yuji can still die, just like the previous Mystes before him.

Cheers.