AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-26, 10:45   Link #21
Jyukai.
~In a Music Box~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Send a message via MSN to Jyukai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
I know it wont likely happen but it would be nice if she got with the little blonde dude she is always beating up :P Anyway, what are we up to now, 733 hits? They should make her a secret character in street fighter :P

Naw. If Capcom did that the other characters wouldn't even get chosen lol
Jyukai. is offline  
Old 2007-10-26, 19:07   Link #22
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
as 0f ep4 1013 hits, lol. is it out comedy that they give her such fast feet?
__________________
X207 is offline  
Old 2007-10-26, 20:51   Link #23
Eviltape
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida, USA
Screenshot, if anyone's interested or wants to sig/avatar it.

Eviltape is offline  
Old 2007-10-26, 21:23   Link #24
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
A challenge to Tomoyo Fans: Categorize Tomoyo's characteristics!

I say she is a passive Sunao-Cool (素直 - ク―ル).
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-10-27, 09:55   Link #25
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In my fantasy dreamworld called Clannad
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
as 0f ep4 1013 hits, lol. is it out comedy that they give her such fast feet?

Spoiler for youtube:



bet that hurts...




not really sure whosmy fav chara or anything, but tomoya is...well.....awesome. she owns him every episode :P
__________________
deathreape98 is offline  
Old 2007-10-27, 10:24   Link #26
FireChick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
My god! This girl ROCKS my socks!! I mean, she PWNS Youhei BIG TIME!!! I LOVE this girl! I can NEVER have the strength to make somebody smash through and window and into a tree!
FireChick is offline  
Old 2007-10-27, 14:32   Link #27
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 26
I don't like Tomoyo after ep4, First she's kicking ass with her godlike strength, yeah, that's cool, but what's next? Starting to moan about how she'd like to be a normal girl and how she'd like to express herself without violence? What's with that attitude? I'd choose Kyou anyime.
__________________
Jaden is offline  
Old 2007-10-27, 14:39   Link #28
Tangowr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I don't like Tomoyo after ep4, First she's kicking ass with her godlike strength, yeah, that's cool, but what's next? Starting to moan about how she'd like to be a normal girl and how she'd like to express herself without violence? What's with that attitude? I'd choose Kyou anyime.
She's like Tomoya, and there is a reason that she's the only chara to get a "sequel" to her path.
__________________
Tangowr is offline  
Old 2007-10-29, 07:52   Link #29
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Of course she is my fav as well there is so potential story there with her. I also like how she calmly whoops ass but at times like episode 4 she has a girly side. Although its kind of played down her limited convo's with Tomoya are quite interesting. Im intersted to find out about her past with Tomoya which she stop short of revealing in episode 2
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-10-29, 13:54   Link #30
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
She needs to hook up with Suno, like yesterday.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline  
Old 2007-10-29, 19:35   Link #31
kwerks
WIRED
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Send a message via AIM to kwerks
Best character with no development in 4eps award will goto her!
__________________
kwerks is offline  
Old 2007-10-29, 19:41   Link #32
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
no development?
I beg to differ. Tomoyo had subtils developments here and there, especially in episode 4 and episode 2.
The various mentions of her past are enough to actually stretch what happened to her before the transfer.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2007-10-29, 19:44   Link #33
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
no development?
I beg to differ. Tomoyo had subtils developments here and there, especially in episode 4 and episode 2.
The various mentions of her past are enough to actually stretch what happened to her before the transfer.
Still, I hate the fact that they didn't put in the "Prove Tomoyo is a girl" scene.... that was hilarious in-game.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-10-29, 19:45   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerks View Post
Best character with no development in 4eps award will goto her!
Like Klashikari said, you can see development from her especially in episode four. Her "I was thinking i was acting like a normal girl at this school." You can kinda see where this one shall go.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2007-10-29, 19:57   Link #35
kwerks
WIRED
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Send a message via AIM to kwerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
no development?
I beg to differ. Tomoyo had subtils developments here and there, especially in episode 4 and episode 2.
The various mentions of her past are enough to actually stretch what happened to her before the transfer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Like Klashikari said, you can see development from her especially in episode four. Her "I was thinking i was acting like a normal girl at this school." You can kinda see where this one shall go.

I didn't mean to offend but rather showing a sign of my own patience running thin.

I see those as teasers rather than development. Yes they are changing pieces of information so that qualifies but the pace is annoying ... her time will come.
__________________
kwerks is offline  
Old 2007-10-29, 21:36   Link #36
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
no development?
I beg to differ. Tomoyo had subtils developments here and there, especially in episode 4 and episode 2.
The various mentions of her past are enough to actually stretch what happened to her before the transfer.
thats one thing i like about her and other silent mysterious characters. ie yuki nagato, minami (lucky star) etc
__________________
X207 is offline  
Old 2007-10-29, 21:37   Link #37
eMpTy265
<unranked>
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Still, I hate the fact that they didn't put in the "Prove Tomoyo is a girl" scene.... that was hilarious in-game.
Considering how Sunohara hasn't given up yet, there still may be a chance.
(I suppose it also depends on Sunohara's HP... )


Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerks View Post
I didn't mean to offend but rather showing a sign of my own patience running thin.

I see those as teasers rather than development. Yes they are changing pieces of information so that qualifies but the pace is annoying ... her time will come.
A typical problem with game > anime conversions with relatively large casts... either you resort to the 'a girl a day' method, or you need to put off some characters for later...

In Tomoyo's case, pushing back the revelations for her route helps make more mysterious, which isn't too bad IMHO... (it helps reinforce her cool / mysterious transfer student image)
eMpTy265 is offline  
Old 2007-11-04, 20:30   Link #38
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
ya, she was absent throughout ep5 . though it did turn out to be a good ep even if she wasnt there.
__________________
X207 is offline  
Old 2007-11-04, 20:58   Link #39
Thentus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
Yes, the episode wasn't very interesting without Tomoyo.

Hopefully they can squeeze here in to a comedic scene or something in ep 6.
Thentus is offline  
Old 2007-11-04, 21:27   Link #40
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thentus View Post
Yes, the episode wasn't very interesting without Tomoyo.

Hopefully they can squeeze here in to a comedic scene or something in ep 6.
tomoya's jokes are pretty damn funny so that made up a bit for tomoyo's absence.
__________________
X207 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.