AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-21, 16:08   Link #61
HentaiEqualsGod
HentaiKing
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Bills finally finished off a game today. Thank freaking god. They should be 4-2...

oh, and I went to "the official football thread" and was like "what the bloody F is this?" freaking soccer...

also, the Pats are absurd. Randy Moss is a major D-bag, but he is skilled out the ass. Seriously, a guy who won't play unless he's on a powerhouse like the Pats is like the biggest kid in school joining with the other bullies...
HentaiEqualsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 10:20   Link #62
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
I seem to have nothing to talk about other than Patriots in this thread, so there won't be any exception in this post either. One final game that *should* test the super-Pats of 2007 is going to take place next week... unfortunately.. because I wanted to see it this week. Just the thought of Colts vs. Pats gives me a shudder up my spine. Oh baby! Colts has the fastest defense in NFL while the Pats has the best offense. Colts offense isn't bad either but as it is evident from the past match-ups between these two teams, Pats' defense is made to counter offense like the Colts. Then again, Colts offense isn't too bad. Good-Manning, you are my last hope.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 21:50   Link #63
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
My 49ers have hit rock bottom. Uggggh...
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 21:52   Link #64
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
I think its about time to update that stats about your 49'ers.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 21:53   Link #65
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I think its about time to update that stats about your 49'ers.
Hahaha, there's still a chance! But seriously, it's going to suck because I'm going to have to change it on all the forums I go to. There's like seven or eight of them with that signature title.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 22:01   Link #66
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antioch, California
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
Yeah there is a 0.000001 chance of it happening
__________________
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 22:30   Link #67
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechtsphere View Post
Yeah there is a 0.000001 chance of it happening
Hahahaha. Nice to see you here.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 22:40   Link #68
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Wow that was an awesome throw by Brett Favre defeat the Broncos in overtime. I hate the guy, but I respect what he's done.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 10:53   Link #69
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I seem to have nothing to talk about other than Patriots in this thread, so there won't be any exception in this post either. One final game that *should* test the super-Pats of 2007 is going to take place next week... unfortunately.. because I wanted to see it this week. Just the thought of Colts vs. Pats gives me a shudder up my spine. Oh baby! Colts has the fastest defense in NFL while the Pats has the best offense. Colts offense isn't bad either but as it is evident from the past match-ups between these two teams, Pats' defense is made to counter offense like the Colts. Then again, Colts offense isn't too bad. Good-Manning, you are my last hope.
The Colts are going to be obliterated, even though they're the second best NFL team after the Pats .
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 16:57   Link #70
RWBladewing
Designated Target
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In the repair dock for another 5 hours
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by HentaiEqualsGod View Post
Bills finally finished off a game today. Thank freaking god. They should be 4-2...

oh, and I went to "the official football thread" and was like "what the bloody F is this?" freaking soccer...

also, the Pats are absurd. Randy Moss is a major D-bag, but he is skilled out the ass. Seriously, a guy who won't play unless he's on a powerhouse like the Pats is like the biggest kid in school joining with the other bullies...
Wow, could this be an actual Bills fan? I didn't think they existed on the internet. Anyway, they are my hometown team but I can't consider myself a fan. I watch them sometimes but only because I'm bored and because their epic chokes are high-quality entertainment. But hey, they are second in their division (underneath the Patriots).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 17:31   Link #71
Daughter!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Currently, the Patriots are an unstoppable NFL force. I hope that ends soon, I really don't want to see them in the Bowl this year.
Daughter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 19:05   Link #72
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Seminole State
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Wow, could this be an actual Bills fan? I didn't think they existed on the internet. Anyway, they are my hometown team but I can't consider myself a fan. I watch them sometimes but only because I'm bored and because their epic chokes are high-quality entertainment. But hey, they are second in their division (underneath the Patriots).
And still they wont get to the playoffs and for that big Pats and Colts game Sunday, Colts has a huge chance to brings Offense of what the Pats have, but I'm chosoing the Colts to win in a close one.
__________________
sigpic51593_6.gif
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 21:37   Link #73
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
And still they wont get to the playoffs and for that big Pats and Colts game Sunday, Colts has a huge chance to brings Offense of what the Pats have, but I'm chosoing the Colts to win in a close one.
The Colts have a good team, a fast defense and the same explosive offense as usual.

It doesn't matter, though. The Patriots will probably beat them by two+ touchdowns. Just based on what we've seen this season, the Patriots are in a completely different league above everyone, including the Colts.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 22:20   Link #74
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
The Colts have a good team, a fast defense and the same explosive offense as usual.

It doesn't matter, though. The Patriots will probably beat them by two+ touchdowns. Just based on what we've seen this season, the Patriots are in a completely different league above everyone, including the Colts.
Games aren't won on paper. And they're not lightyears ahead of the Colts either. Both teams are 7-0. Don't be shocked if New England loses.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 14:58   Link #75
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
I'm so ready for THE game. My cellphone is turned off. I ate breakfast in bed. I went outside for few minutes and the few people that I met on the way back, I talked to them by words that are mostly comprised of "hmm", "aha", "I see." Oh yeah! I'm ready. In one hour we will find out which team has the better defense because by the end of the day, one with the better defense will continue with the perfect record.

edit: - The first time in the season where the Pats do NOT score in their opening possession. Let the game begin!

edit 2: - Coles outplays the Pats in both, the offense and the defense, and they were still behind by a point from the Pats all to the 24 seconds to the end of the first half. And then the Coles goes on top. Looks like I won't be going out to watch American Gangster tonight after all.

edit 3: Is this the end? Looks like it with a force-out interception by the pats with 2 minutes and change remaining. One thing that has been learned from this match up is that the real superbowl will be played in the AFC final.... the Pats vs. the Coles. Hopefully Coles' receiving core will be healthy by then.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.

Last edited by monir; 2007-11-04 at 19:17.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 20:44   Link #76
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
God the 49ers are just breaking my heart. Anyways, on to the Colts/Patriots game. If there's something that was learned today from that contest, it's that the Patriots aren't invincible. and can be defeated. The Colts played very well today.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 21:00   Link #77
Thentus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
They killed Dallas, and they won against the Colts, who last I checked were one of the two best teams in football.

I am sure you can guess who the other team is.

The Colts losing just proves the difference of skill between them, and the rest of the NFL.
Thentus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 09:54   Link #78
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
One of the few games I've seen to live up to the mega-hype.

The Pats were lucky to win this one. They didn't bring their "A" game for most of the first half. The Colts didn't have Marvin Harrison; with him Indy might well have scored another TD. Randy Moss was again impressive. I liked how the Pats ran the Tom-and-Randy show for nearly the entire game, then threw scoring passes to Welker (what a find!) and Faulk at the end. Looking at the stats the game was remarkably even.

Joseph Addai was just awesome. I knew he was an up-and-coming running back, but his performance was beyond my expectations. However the Pats once again made some key mid-game adjustments and figured out some way to stop Addai in the second half after being embarrassed by him at the end of the second quarter.

At least if we have to play the Colts again, it will be in Foxboro. Barring some unexpected upsets in the remaining games (Steelers? Ravens? Giants?), it looks to me like the Pats will have home field throughout the AFC playoffs.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 12:04   Link #79
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Damn, the Pats won? Crap. Peyton lost (people in Tennessee don't call them the Colts we just say Peyton). Oh well, at least it was decent weekend for Tennessee. Both the Titans and UT Vols won.
__________________
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 17:36   Link #80
RWBladewing
Designated Target
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In the repair dock for another 5 hours
Age: 30
Not surprised the Bills won yesterday but them being at an even record (and likely a winning record after they play the Dolphins) makes it less fun to laugh at them. Oh well, at least the "quarterback controversy" that is completely revived after this week will still provide some entertainment. That or I can turn my attention to the Sabres...

The Patriots looked impressive but not unbeatable. Sure hope the Colts can pull off a win in the almost inevitable rematch. The whole "cheating" debacle never phased me, I've just always disliked the Patriots.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.