AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-03-10, 00:51   Link #1
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Lightbulb Most ridiculous thing you've ever heard

I have a feeling we could have some fun with this thread So what is the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard? Share it with the rest of us. I'll get things started:


1) In some state (Tennesee I think?), there is a law that says something like "It is illegal to paint a baby chick blue and sell it, unless you sell in quantities of a half-dozen"


2) In 1893, the United States Supreme Court ruled that the tomato is a vegetable. However, botanically it is a fruit. (Good thing to know our justice system can get its priorities straight)


3) In the state of Indiana, the official value of PI is 3.2 (it is really 3.14159.....)
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 01:02   Link #2
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I have a feeling we could have some fun with this thread
Just kidding!

Hmm... most ridiculous thing...

Well, I suppose this thread is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

There's also a line from the Fatal Fury Movie that I liked: "That thing is pure energy, the only thing that can beat it is a stronger and more powerful energy!"
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 01:06   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
3) In the state of Indiana, the official value of PI is 3.2 (it is really 3.14159.....)
I guess that explains why there aren't many renowned mathematicians from Indiana.
I heard that it's illegal to teach evolution as "fact" in Kentucky. I guess in some parts of the country, things haven't advanced much from the Scopes "monkey trial" in the 1920's.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 01:11   Link #4
Dopeskills
Thigh Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Jersey, USA
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard?

One time my mom told me to do something productive...
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 01:12   Link #5
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ~ Montreal
For the *** last time your avatar is inapropriate ^^
__________________
JOJOS'STAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 01:15   Link #6
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Hmm...



Just kidding!

Hmm... most ridiculous thing...

Well, I suppose this thread is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

There's also a line from the Fatal Fury Movie that I liked: "That thing is pure energy, the only thing that can beat it is a stronger and more powerful energy!"
Yeh I agree with you, but there are a lot of stupid threads up there
JOJOS'STAR, I don't think that's ridiculous, it's at the limit of the tolerance...
If you like her expression, just spot on her face
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 01:21   Link #7
Dopeskills
Thigh Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Jersey, USA
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I heard that it's illegal to teach evolution as "fact" in Kentucky. I guess in some parts of the country, things haven't advanced much from the Scopes "monkey trial" in the 1920's.
Well, it is just a theory... :fingers: [Awaits Debate]
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 01:30   Link #8
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
i forgot which state, i think its Kentucky. It's illegal to serve ice cream on pie.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 01:34   Link #9
Dopeskills
Thigh Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Jersey, USA
Age: 32
Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
In the state of New York, you need a license to use a clothesline outdoors

Manville , NJ decreed that it is illegal to feed whiskey or offer cigarettes to animals at the local zoo

In Carrizozo, N.M., it's forbidden for a female to appear unshaven in public (includes legs and face)

In Clawson, Mich., there is a law that makes it LEGAL for a farmer to sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, and chickens
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 01:49   Link #10
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
Well, it is just a theory... :fingers: [Awaits Debate]
It's only a theory because evolution is too slow a process to observe in larger, longed lived organisms and the fossil record isn't complete enough to be used as 100% solid evidence that evolution occurs in them as well. It's well documented among smaller organisms with a short enough lifespan to easily observe the changes in each generation. If we could find fossils for every stage of evolution for several larger species, like humans, then it would be considered a scientific law. Genetic research on fossils may also provide enough evidence one day to make evolution a law. Until then it's just a theory that's very well documented.
*hopes this does not turn into a debate on evolution. That was in no way my intent.*

Getting on topic:
In bergen county NJ, it's illegal to sell many kinds of products on sunday. Thus most stores in the county are closed sundays.
edit: actually is that really odd? It seems odd to me, but I just realized I don't really know about other parts of the country or other countries.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 01:53   Link #11
Slade
Coordinated Insanity
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Between Good & Evil
Send a message via AIM to Slade
a direct quote from my egomaniac friend...

"Man... I was so good... the bitch fainted".

I've heard of lot of things in my time but the way he said that along with the face he made when he said it, I can't forget it.

and yet another direct quote from a girl who will remain nameless...

"Ah... nothing like a shaved pus** after a hot shower!"



yea... quite suprising... quite ridiculous as well considering I didn't really know her well.

You see and hear alot of things in college when you dorm in coed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
In bergen county NJ, it's illegal to sell many kinds of products on sunday. Thus most stores in the county are closed sundays.
edit: actually is that really odd? It seems odd to me, but I just realized I don't really know about other parts of the country or other countries.
Bergen Field NJ? Hey... uh... I live.. I mean.. errr... anyway, if I need to head to the mall or something on sunday I goto palisades mall or goto new york. It's a bit annoying but I'm used to it.
__________________

In Remembrance - Founder of Sladism / Slade's Photobucket
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 02:22   Link #12
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard?

One time my mom told me to do something productive...
i can relate to this

Yep, evolution is not a fact, so they shouldn't teach it as one :P, not nearly as ridiculous as something my friend told me a while ago: in florida unmarried women can be arrested for parachuting on sundays.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 02:30   Link #13
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a Green Coffee Cup
Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Where I live, it is illegal to have your Christmas lights up after Januarary 11.
Ph34r the Christmas Light PO PO's!
__________________
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 02:33   Link #14
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ~ Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
JOJOS'STAR, I don't think that's ridiculous, it's at the limit of the tolerance...
If you like her expression, just spot on her face
errr.. I wasn't talking about the actual one.

lol Salde's sig!!! LOL Your the Man!! until it get cencured Fight for your rights dude!! Fight till the end! ^^
__________________
JOJOS'STAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 03:07   Link #15
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 32
In Michigan it's illegal to chain an alligator to a fire hydrant.

In good old California, "No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour. ".
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 08:35   Link #16
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fish-shape Paumanok
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Yep, evolution is not a fact, so they shouldn't teach it as one
Well, it is a fact, so I guess they can.

The silliest things I've ever heard are archived in Christians say the Darndest Things. You really can't get more ridiculous than Christian fundamentalists.
__________________
Learn to define and spell mo
Shii (formerly known as ashibaka)
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 08:36   Link #17
Kerensky18
?Sleep?
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Earth
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Kerensky18
This is the most ridiculus thing I have heard, also the most disturbing (I like twinkies) http://www.funnytummy.com/humor/twinkie-test.html
Kerensky18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 11:33   Link #18
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Well, it is a fact, so I guess they can.

The silliest things I've ever heard are archived in Christians say the Darndest Things. You really can't get more ridiculous than Christian fundamentalists.
whoooo the hatred of ashibaka bursts out. Leave it to him to make the biggest flame bait in the world. Looks like he still hasnt learned to accept.

evolution is a fact, but not necessary the theory that we all came from a single cell. animals and even humans are changing today (i heard babies are born with bigger earlobes, and more babies are born with 6 toes?)
but i dont believe we came from monkeys.

anyway on topic:

i told my brother that homogenous milk came from gay cows, and he believed me. he was about 12~14 yrs old.

In my school we cant wear any hats except our school hats because hats like Dr. Seuss can be used for gang signs.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 11:48   Link #19
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Jersey (near NY city)
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Well, it is a fact, so I guess they can.

The silliest things I've ever heard are archived in Christians say the Darndest Things. You really can't get more ridiculous than Christian fundamentalists.
Religious extremists. Any bullshit that comes out of their mouth would easily be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If you are one, I fart in your general direction... and you can take these too... :fingers:

edit1:
also, when my brother told me he wanted to chop 12 trees in our backyard because he wanted get himself in shape for army boot camp training. he wanted to do it with an ax (not a chainsaw mind you) and he wanted my help. i gave him this too... :fingers: but in the end i had to help him out... siblings.. tsk tsk tsk...
__________________
"Pigs who defy Me will suffer the consequences of my Wrath..." -Morino Ibiki-
"In the Rain I was smiling. But I was really crying. I was really crying..." -Seta Soujiro-
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted,then used against you"
.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 12:40   Link #20
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Age: 24
Well one of the most ridiculous things i heard, which i "know" isnt true is this:
I have a friend in school who recently transfered from America and before that he was somewhere in Africa...well kinda recently i heard him speaking to his friend about computers and he said that in America they were giving away Windows XP for free in shops...i told him that it was most probably those cheap internet start up things but he wouldnt believe it! (unless they did give them away in america? ) ^__^
P.S (the kids name is Nyasha by the way...for all those weird ppl out there that would like to know)
__________________
Sig removed by Mod because it has exceeded the size limits -> See the Forum Rules.
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.