AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-01, 09:56   Link #11061
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

None of my top 10 favorites made it in the end; But I am still happy because a character I like (Rika) is there.

We are almost done with this now! >_<
Old 2007-11-01, 09:56   Link #11062
DigimonTamer

Wow, Nagi vs. Rika is such an.........uneventful final, especially compared to last year which was all kinds of epic.

Oh well, I'm done. I gave up on K.Saimoe after Suiseiseki was eliminated and I'm giving up on J. Saimoe now that Shinku is out.
Old 2007-11-01, 09:56   Link #11063
OverFunk
2014 is the year

Any news on exhibiton/consolation matches for today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Trying to work on Korean reverse bracket right now.
Nice, thank you. We can't afford to lose a piece of history AGAIN.

Never forget
Old 2007-11-01, 09:59   Link #11064
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigimonTamer View Post
Wow, Nagi vs. Rika is such an.........uneventful final, especially compared to last year which was all kinds of epic.

Oh well, I'm done. I gave up on K.Saimoe after Suiseiseki was eliminated and I'm giving up on J. Saimoe now that Shinku is out.
Yeah, our queen has fallen. The despair is just so great...
But I'll be staying because I need to cast a vote against Nagi.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2007-11-01 at 10:15. Reason: too evil
Old 2007-11-01, 09:59   Link #11065
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

An interesting statistic...
This post has vote top 14 averages of votes/no of matches... Rika is 14th with 1036 (6 matches), Nagi is 9th with 1150.5 (6 matches)... Kagami is 1st with 1426.333333 (3 matches)

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2007-11-01, 10:01   Link #11066
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

I bet some Japanese's fan must be screaming: "Damn those foreigner voters" =X

Well, I got in the same situation in the past, so can understand their pains.

Once again gratx for Rika for her winning. However I won't say the same thing after the final, Nagi supporter here ^^

PS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo-
Yeah, our queen has fallen. The despair is just so great...
But I'll be staying because I need to cast a vote against the HnG character I dislike the most.
So evil -__-
Old 2007-11-01, 10:02   Link #11067
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiran View Post
I hadn't voted today and had no real intention of doing so, so consider your request fulfilled.

edit (@ below): That was definitely posted some pages back. Don't make me look at it again, I beseech you.
yay. If not for that vote, she would have only won by 4 votes
Old 2007-11-01, 10:03   Link #11068
champbaka
Oyashiro-sama worshipper

o_o! YES! Rika has defeated fate by an inch ><ll But still by 5... the final round gonna look like hell of fight against fate.
Old 2007-11-01, 10:05   Link #11069
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
yay. If not for that vote, she would have only won by 4 votes
And if orange. a had 'lost his mind' and voted Shinku.. it'll be down to 2... take out my and flare's last minute votes..

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2007-11-01, 10:06   Link #11070
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I dropped a thara frog card while grinding my ass off in RO, and Rika won. It must be a lucky day for me.

And god knows I hate thursdays.
Wow you also play Ragnarok Online?Which server you're playing at?

Since you're mentioning about Thara Frog card,i guess you must be one of those PvP and GvG freaks :P

Anyway finally the doll's legacy ends here...gratz to Shinku for going to this far,although kinda feel sad with they way the tournament is going now,its all about underhanded and tactical strategy tournament more than a moe-tournament.
Old 2007-11-01, 10:07   Link #11071
AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
Man half of 4chan is in an uproar about this.

Good job Rika. You've avenged 2 fallen Lucky Star Characters. Now go for the tri-fecta!

(Why couldn't this have happened in Tsukasa's match.....)
4chan pplz go in an uproar about everything,

probably the same case even if Shinku won :lol:

its 4chan afterall
Old 2007-11-01, 10:07   Link #11072
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Oh dear, dear, dear. My Nagi/Shinku combo won 11 straight battles..and now Shinku falls at the penultimate hurdle. Anyone else feel like banning foreign voters right now?

Well, I never liked Rika much (especially the despairing over alcohol part), so I'll be desperately hoping my luck returns in time for Nagi's match.
Old 2007-11-01, 10:08   Link #11073
DigimonTamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakarst View Post
Oh dear, dear, dear. My Nagi/Shinku combo won 11 straight battles..and now Shinku falls at the penultimate hurdle. Anyone else feel like banning foreign voters right now?
Yes, Suigintou and Shinku would have never lost if it wasn't for the Gaijin. Unfortunately banning them next year will be a year too late for the dolls.....
Old 2007-11-01, 10:10   Link #11074
orange.a
SUN faction member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
And if orange. a had 'lost his mind' and voted Shinku.. it'll be down to 2... take out my and flare's last minute votes..
Ara~

That was because I was so pissed of with Nagi beating Rena... but after a while I calmed down and realized voting the teaparty just because Rena lost wasn't the best solution possible, and I also remember how I loved Rika even more than Rena before SaiMoe, so after that I just went with the flow
Old 2007-11-01, 10:11   Link #11075
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Spoiler for pictures of Furude (?) shrine:

Old 2007-11-01, 10:12   Link #11076
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Yosha~! Can't celebrate long though - Nagi vs Rika will start in 24 hours. Need to prepare for that.

Everyone, please remember that you can get a voting code in 1 minute if you book it at 22:53 JST - as in, no matter when you ask for a code, you will get one by 22:55 JST. Use to see what JST is (factor in Daylight Savings that Japan does not do) but...

22:53 JST = 13:53 GMT = 8:53 EST = 5:53 PST

Earliest time you can book a code is 23:31 JST the day before. That means 2 Nov (1 day break, right?) 14:31 GMT or 9:31 EST. Doesn't matter if you wait 1 hour or 18 hours, doesn't matter if you close the tab/window that had the code generator page on it - so long as your IP address doesn't change (e.g. do not reset modem/router) you will get the code (assuming you're not banned of course). As people have been doing today, make sure to maximise the number of Valid Vote Codes that are generated and have as many unique IPs use them to vote. That means contacting friends and asking them to go to the code generator in the morning or whenever, then contacting them again a few hours later to remind them the code is ready.

Which way people vote I won't mind so much as making sure the Finals have a worthy number of total votes.

Now, on a personal preference matter... we've just about run out of fresh Rika campaign images. 2ch harvest always came up with new images whenever a Rozen doll was out there. Sure, campaigning isn't all there is to getting votes, but it can make a difference. Especially if you show the best of campaign material to your friends as you tell them to vote! Only takes a moment to vote - you only need to capture their minds during that moment.

I'll see if I can get a high-grade Rika image pack ready by the Finals. However, it won't make as big an impact on Saimoe veterans who've seen it all already. Thus I present a challenge: draw/photoshop your own Rika image(s). Or go image hunting for more of course. You don't need superb quality (read: don't need to invest a ton of time) images to campaign - so long as they're fresh.

Here's one image idea I'd like to see happen: Rika with Beam Mop (see Higurashi Daybreak), Scythe and Fin Funnel Syringes (injection needles with rockets and maybe a fat base). Or instead of the Beam Mop - Raising Heart (as she Does have Nanoha's VA).

Another: flying Hanyuu. Rika riding her, with a giant sword, axe or cleaver in both hands. Caption: "Full Max Determination: The Sword that CLEAVES Destiny". (What I'm thinking of)

Remember even if you can't draw or photoshop, you can help by trying to find suitable poses/angles in existing images for photoshoppers to work on.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)

Last edited by Psieye; 2007-11-01 at 10:36.
Old 2007-11-01, 10:12   Link #11077
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Wow you also play Ragnarok Online?Which server you're playing at?

Since you're mentioning about Thara Frog card,i guess you must be one of those PvP and GvG freaks :P
I am on iRO, Loli server.

On-topic:

Wow five votes. It hardly mattered in last year's saimoe. But this one, a lot lost by very few votes, like Mai and only two votes...

Or Sakuya and just ONE vote, okay, that one was for Touhou Seimoe.
Old 2007-11-01, 10:15   Link #11078
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

yay, rika!

i doubt she'll win against nagi tho D:
Old 2007-11-01, 10:19   Link #11079
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Oh speaking of Seimoe - Reimu won. Alice had a lot of proxy votes (the equivalent of fake votes for Seimoe).

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-11-01, 10:19   Link #11080
Mad Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
An interesting statistic...
This post has vote top 14 averages of votes/no of matches... Rika is 14th with 1036 (6 matches), Nagi is 9th with 1150.5 (6 matches)... Kagami is 1st with 1426.333333 (3 matches)
Translated for you all

1. Kagami Hirragi - 1426.333-
2. Suigintou - 1394.25
3. Tsukasa Hiiragi - 1390 (The true 1st place winner given her consistency)
4. Fate T. Harlaown - 1368
5. Ryuuguu Rena - 1262.666667 (Only reason she's in the top 10 is because of her match with Kagami)
6. Shinku - 1248.333333
7. Edomae Runa - 1197.333333
8. Takamachi Nanoha - 1156.2
9. Sanzenin Nagi - 1150.5 (so far)
10. Suiseiseki - 1148.25
11. Louise - 1117.2
12. Seto San - 1101.333333
13. Izumi Konata - 1036.2
14. Furude Rika - 1036 (so far)
Closed Thread