AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-11-02, 08:12   Link #461
Rayneing
Trombe!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England.
Age: 24
Tsugumi only has one good ending. Same for everyone else.

Last edited by Rayneing; 2007-11-02 at 10:49.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 11:22   Link #462
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlezz View Post
I got a quenstion though: How many endings does Takeshi have?
One good ending for Tsugumi
One good ending for Sora
and One bad ending, same for Tsugumi and Sora.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 11:42   Link #463
endlezz
Ace of Spades
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Germany
Alright, thanks a lot!
endlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 19:05   Link #464
Garet Jax
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
One good ending for Tsugumi
One good ending for Sora
and One bad ending, same for Tsugumi and Sora.
I've recently gotten this. Just my luck, I get the bad one on the first try through. Sigh.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 19:32   Link #465
4as
ForUs
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
I get the bad one on the first try through. Sigh.
Like we all did ._.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 20:01   Link #466
Rayneing
Trombe!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England.
Age: 24
I got Tsugumi's good ending on the first go through, and I have no idea why everyone thinks its so hard ot get. I didn't even get the bad endings until I already got the True ending.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 02:37   Link #467
dsp2003
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Like we all did ._.
Yup. I've got Takeshi's Bad ending 7 or maybe 10 times, one by another (and even started to think that the game script is broken, doh). T____T
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 02:44   Link #468
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
I got Tsugumi's good ending on the first go through, and I have no idea why everyone thinks its so hard ot get. I didn't even get the bad endings until I already got the True ending.
You might want to reflect on your own post before saying "I have no idea why everyone thinks ts so hard to get". This applies especially since numerous folk have said simmilar stuff earlier.

It all depends on how one plays the game. If one puts oneself in Takeshi's shoes and plays honestly, like how Takeshi (or the player) would, the Bad End is far more likely than the good, especially since pandering so strongly to Tsugumi, which is the only way one can get her Good End, is rather unnatural for most people.

Tsugumi's Path is very narrow in terms of choice options - only a couple wrong answers are enough to dock people onto the Bad End. Thus, only someone deliberately aiming for her heart could prevail on the first or second try.

Most folks like that play too many video games.
__________________
HOLY CRACKERS! SAIGAR 2008 IS HERE!
Nominations are open 19 November ~ 23 December 2007 NOW!!
It's not a tournament without "men"!
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 05:40   Link #469
dsp2003
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Most folks like that play too many video games.
Says who?!

No, the "problem" is not because we've played bunch of *PC* games (i don't feel comfortable with the "videogame" term for a long time ago -- even consoles is now more like PC (Unreal Tournament 3 requires Mouse+Keyboard on the PS3, oh my!)) -- it's because the common sense is crying out loudly and fighting desperately when playing the truly TWISTED Tsugumi's path.
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 17:38   Link #470
Garet Jax
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Does anyone know if it's possible to extract the opening song from the game? I kind of really like it now.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 17:59   Link #471
Seair
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to extract the opening song from the game? I kind of really like it now.
there are tools to extract KID game sources known among fans, but i cannot give to you because of the copyright issue, and i currently dont have it. you can try to search for it. i am sure it should be really easy to be found on the web.

if you just want the OP, there is a workaround if you are a foobar user and using foobar 0.9. go to this web: [http://kode54.foobar2000.org/?v] and download the second plug-in, it will allow you to listen the kid's .waf music format file by your foobar2000 v0.9. (and you can convert it to mp3 by using foobar if you want )
Seair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 20:41   Link #472
Garet Jax
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seair View Post
there are tools to extract KID game sources known among fans, but i cannot give to you because of the copyright issue, and i currently dont have it. you can try to search for it. i am sure it should be really easy to be found on the web.

if you just want the OP, there is a workaround if you are a foobar user and using foobar 0.9. go to this web: [http://kode54.foobar2000.org/?v] and download the second plug-in, it will allow you to listen the kid's .waf music format file by your foobar2000 v0.9. (and you can convert it to mp3 by using foobar if you want )
Hmm, yeah, I just wanted the OP. No legal troubles desired. I do have foobar, but I don't see any .waf files in the ever17 directory or on the CDs. Should they be there, or are they packaged up in one of the .dats?
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 20:49   Link #473
komichi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I am confused about something, is Takeshi considered good-looking? I remembered that part with kid finding out about Sarah's hologram and described the person as being so good looking that it made him sick.

But on Takeshi's arc, Coco made fun of how homely he was and that her dad was much better looking.

Anyone mind explaining this to me, well, he's manly and handsome either way though.
__________________
komichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 00:07   Link #474
coren
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by komichi View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 00:38   Link #475
Seair
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
Hmm, yeah, I just wanted the OP. No legal troubles desired. I do have foobar, but I don't see any .waf files in the ever17 directory or on the CDs. Should they be there, or are they packaged up in one of the .dats?

oops, my bad, never mind, the bgms are in the bgm.dat, you have to extract that to .waf files first, anyway, i just sent you a pm with an address you can download the op. please check.
Seair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 01:24   Link #476
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp2003 View Post
No, the "problem" is not because we've played bunch of *PC* games (i don't feel comfortable with the "videogame" term for a long time ago -- even consoles is now more like PC (Unreal Tournament 3 requires Mouse+Keyboard on the PS3, oh my!)) -- it's because the common sense is crying out loudly and fighting desperately when playing the truly TWISTED Tsugumi's path.
Not what I mean.

What I'm saying is, people who play too many video games approach novels like Ever17 as a game and not as a "real life event". I played Ever17 in-role as Kid and Takeshi, making honest choices - I got Bad Ends that way, but it was "true" play for me so I didn't feel bad. And all this was rewarding when I learned the secret of Blink Winkel.
__________________
HOLY CRACKERS! SAIGAR 2008 IS HERE!
Nominations are open 19 November ~ 23 December 2007 NOW!!
It's not a tournament without "men"!
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 01:55   Link #477
Seair
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Not what I mean.

What I'm saying is, people who play too many video games approach novels like Ever17 as a game and not as a "real life event". I played Ever17 in-role as Kid and Takeshi, making honest choices - I got Bad Ends that way, but it was "true" play for me so I didn't feel bad. And all this was rewarding when I learned the secret of Blink Winkel.

agreed, a lot of my "video-gaming" buddies had hard time to approach VN becasue they think it is "boring", even some of them played (i will say "read") several VNs, they end up go after the CGs and just to get the endings by following the Guides.

the purpose of the "INFINITY" series (never7, ever17, remember11, 12riven) is all about cheat the player, that is us, who is watching the screen. one of my friends told me he dont like the ending of the Ever17 and Remember11 because he felt stupid for being cheated by the auther and the story. he think that the auther is trying to make every player like a fool. all i can tell him is, "not all the games is about winning or losing, not to mentain i dont see ever17 as game but a novel, you can say some FPS game is stupid if you got beaten by AI or computer, but this one isnt the type." well, if the purpose of the game is to cheat "the player" (and even kill "the player" as in remember11), then i will say the story did good job on its original purpose stated in the game story itself. otherwise, there is no point to "read" and "play" or "being played". and this NV is not going to be this good if it cannot cheat us.
Seair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 02:36   Link #478
Rayneing
Trombe!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: England.
Age: 24
If you ever looked at any visual novel like a videogame, you are bound to be dissappointed. Also why does getting good endings the first time round automatically mean I'm treating Ever17 like a game? I was genuinely interested in Tsugumi the first time round, and tried to get on her good side, and hey - it seemed to have worked, so....
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 13:19   Link #479
dsp2003
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Offtopic:

You're too strict about the copyrights and other stuff, really.

If you're hacking your *own* game copy and simply want to have the resulted files for home, private use - you have all rights to do it (tell me, for what reason would i buy OST, if i have it on my hard drive already (and in the acceptable quality)? For example, i've done that with Midnight Club 2 and got all the "exclusive" tracks. What did you say -- to support the manufacturers & copyright holders? To buy an textbook with the same label? To buy the T-Shirt with the same label? To buy a pile of junk with the same label?! No, thanks).

BUT, if you're distributing the results of your hacking work - it's no good, because you'll spoil the challenge for the others.
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 16:47   Link #480
Seair
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp2003 View Post
Offtopic:

You're too strict about the copyrights and other stuff, really.

If you're hacking your *own* game copy and simply want to have the resulted files for home, private use - you have all rights to do it (tell me, for what reason would i buy OST, if i have it on my hard drive already (and in the acceptable quality)? For example, i've done that with Midnight Club 2 and got all the "exclusive" tracks. What did you say -- to support the manufacturers & copyright holders? To buy an textbook with the same label? To buy the T-Shirt with the same label? To buy a pile of junk with the same label?! No, thanks).

BUT, if you're distributing the results of your hacking work - it's no good, because you'll spoil the challenge for the others.
a lot of japanese companies sell OSTs and other "OMAKE" to make money.
(and also M$ wont let you to re-intall Windows if you just want to switch to a new computer but your Windows CD is only "installable" to one and original computer.) it truely doesnt make sense if you already have all BGMs in the game file but you have to buy OST in order to get the lossless or CD-quality music files, which is most likely the same quality in the game file nowadays.

so i, myself, have used tools for game source extraction a lot.
however, the reason i dont want to provide the tool to the public directly is because if a lot of people can get the sources, some of them might use them for they own commercial use (i.e. H CGs). therefore, i agree that i can do whatever i want to the game file if i am able to, but not all the people can keep the result files just for private. that is why, i dont want to give out the tool myself. i think that is also why the original auther of the KID game source extraction tool wont provide the patch for downloading any more. i just checked his homepage. but it is true you can find all the sources online easily. i also have just googled, the web is on the first page of the google result. and for the same reason, you can go google your self, i wont provide the link here.

i wont give my gun to others, but if you can get a gun yourself, then that is all your responsibility on how to use the gun, right?
Seair is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.