AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

View Poll Results: GN-00?
GN-001 Gundam Exia 46 29.49%
GN-002 Gundam Dynames 53 33.97%
GN-003 Gundam Kyrios 39 25.00%
GN-005 Gundam Virtue 18 11.54%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-11-11, 12:44   Link #21
Hamachi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Kyrios needs more weapon!!

Here's a discussion topic:

Which Gundam is specialized to take down which Gundam? Or non of the Gundams have an advantage over another.
Hamachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 14:22   Link #22
Geass
~Power of the King~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Far North
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
Kyrios needs more weapon!!

Here's a discussion topic:

Which Gundam is specialized to take down which Gundam? Or non of the Gundams have an advantage over another.
-GUNDAM Unit Power Rankings-
1. Dynames, godly sniping abilities + quick and agile + armor to withstand attacks
2. Kyrios, high speeds and very agile + pilot with murderous split personality + missile swarm
3. Virtue, really big gun + two more really big guns
4. Exia, seven swords + shield + laser shooter thingie

Dynames vs. Exia, win for Dynames. Melee Exia wouldn't be able to win against the long-range abilities of the Dynames.
Dynames vs. Kyrios, a close win for Dynames. Kyrios would probably be able to dodge a number of the shots, but eventually it would fall prey to Dynames like a bird to a hunter.
Dynames vs. Virtue, another close win for Dynames. Virtue has the ability to annihilate everything in its path, posing a danger for Dynames and the preferred stationary sniping techniques of its pilot, but Virtue would be unable to keep up with Dynames at top speeds.
Virtue vs. Exia, a win for Virtue. Exia charges head-on towards its enemies which would lead to Virtue annihilating Exia in short order.
Virtue vs. Kyrios, a win for Kyrios. Virtue's tank-like cannons couldn't keep up with the rapid dodging and bombing of Kyrios.
Kyrios vs. Exia, a win for Kyrios. Kyrios can fly circles around Exia and use missile salvos, while Exia is reliant on close-range combat.
__________________
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 14:49   Link #23
Honey_and_Cleaver
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Kryios for speed, close range double blasting, grappling hook and missle madness!!
__________________
LOLIKON STRATOS! TA-RU-GE-TO! NARAI DE UTZEEEEYYYY!


Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 16:35   Link #24
Hamachi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
-GUNDAM Unit Power Rankings-
1. Dynames, godly sniping abilities + quick and agile + armor to withstand attacks
2. Kyrios, high speeds and very agile + pilot with murderous split personality + missile swarm
3. Virtue, really big gun + two more really big guns
4. Exia, seven swords + shield + laser shooter thingie

Dynames vs. Exia, win for Dynames. Melee Exia wouldn't be able to win against the long-range abilities of the Dynames.
Dynames vs. Kyrios, a close win for Dynames. Kyrios would probably be able to dodge a number of the shots, but eventually it would fall prey to Dynames like a bird to a hunter.
Dynames vs. Virtue, another close win for Dynames. Virtue has the ability to annihilate everything in its path, posing a danger for Dynames and the preferred stationary sniping techniques of its pilot, but Virtue would be unable to keep up with Dynames at top speeds.
Virtue vs. Exia, a win for Virtue. Exia charges head-on towards its enemies which would lead to Virtue annihilating Exia in short orde
Virtue vs. Kyrios, a win for Kyrios. Virtue's tank-like cannons couldn't keep up with the rapid dodging and bombing of Kyrios.
Kyrios vs. Exia, a win for Kyrios. Kyrios can fly circles around Exia and use missile salvos, while Exia is reliant on close-range combat.
I think Exia can beat Dynames since it's pretty agile (dodging shots). Even if it cannot dodge every sniping shots, it could sacrifice its shield while getting close within melee distance, and then slash slash slash with 7 blades. But Dynames could switch to pistols to gain distance again.

Dynames > Kyrios because it's like bird hunting I agree.

Kyrios > Exia because Kyrios is way too fast.

I donno about Virtue. For me it's more like a MS specializing in destroying multiple enemies rather than 1 on 1.


Btw, I'm ignoring all the pilots' traits.

Last edited by Hamachi; 2007-11-11 at 16:48.
Hamachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 17:07   Link #25
Geass
~Power of the King~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Far North
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
I think Exia can beat Dynames since it's pretty agile (dodging shots). Even if it cannot dodge every sniping shots, it could sacrifice its shield while getting close within melee distance, and then slash slash slash with 7 blades. But Dynames could switch to pistols to gain distance again.

Dynames > Kyrios because it's like bird hunting I agree.

Kyrios > Exia because Kyrios is way too fast.

I donno about Virtue. For me it's more like a MS specializing in destroying multiple enemies rather than 1 on 1.


Btw, I'm ignoring all the pilots' traits.
I don't think Virtue specializes in destroying multiple enemies, I think it specializes in destroying everything (I wouldn't be surprised if Tieria launches a solo attack and destroys one of the Orbital Elevators at some point). And we shouldn't forget the fact that it's like a super-tank, it can sit there and take cannon shots from battleships and completely ignore them.

-Full Exia vs. Dynames Evaluation-
Exia: GN Sword, GN Rifle, GN Long Blade, GN Short Blade, GN Beam Saber, GN Beam Dagger, GN Vulcan Cannon, GN Shield
Dynames: GN Sniper Rifle, GN Beam Pistol, GN Beam Saber, GN Shield, GN Full-Shield

Exia's Vulcan Cannon and GN rifle are most likely rendered useless due to the Full-Shield of the Dynames as well as its flying ability, so that leaves the Seven Swords as Exia's ony weapons. Dynames can have Haro pilot and the pilot shoot, so it has an advantage over Exia since Exia's pilot has to split his attention. Exia focuses on getting in close, while Dynames focuses on attacking from a distance. Exia would have difficulty using melee attacks on Dynames because at a closer range Dynames could use the beam pistol to drive the Exia off before switching to the sniper rifle and finishing it off.
__________________
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 17:23   Link #26
Geass
~Power of the King~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Far North
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
Everyone should get a Haro!
So far Dynames is the only suit that has a Haro, so no Haro for the others.
__________________
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 19:01   Link #27
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
My favourite is the Dynames. Pulls off that sniper feel so well, and overall, just looks cool.

After that, I'd have to pick virtue. THIS is what overgunned gundams were meant to look like. Big, tough, gritty. None of that gaudy Freedom/SFreedom bullshit. Hell, Virtue is so manly that it actually turned its pilot into a woman.

Kyrios and Exia tie for bottom with me. They're great designs, IMO, just not as good as Dynames or Virtue.

Anyways, if the big 4 were to go against each other, Dynames would beat Virtue simply because Dynames has the range to snipe it out. In fact, Dynames would probably beat all the other gundams simply because it has the massive range advantage. At mid to close range however, it would probably lose.

Otherwise, Virtue wins against everything. It can take the hits, and it can REALLY dish it out. As said earlier in the topic, Virtue destroys EVERYTHING.

Kyrios has the maneuverability that might allow it to survive against Dynames and Virtue, and if lucky, perhaps get close enough to get the killing hit in on Dynames. Against Virtue, it would just have to RTSD, and hope to get locked in on close combat before Virtue WTFPWNs him with the big blasty stuff.

Exia is probably the weakest in direct combat against each other. It's simply not suited to fight the other gundams. Without the maneuverability of Kyrios, it's pretty much free shots for Dynames, same with Virtue. He'd probably be dead before he got close enough to do anything. Against Kyrios, Exia won't be AS outmatched, but all Kyrios has to do is play keep away to stay away from the pointy bits, and just make a few shots here and there. Exia's ranged combat isn't anything spectacular really.
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 19:08   Link #28
Geass
~Power of the King~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Far North
I agree. The only reason I placed Kyrios higher on the power scale than Virtue is because I was counting the pilots, since I'm guessing that Hallelujah is a better pilot than the others.
__________________
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 19:11   Link #29
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
I agree. The only reason I placed Kyrios higher on the power scale than Virtue is because I was counting the pilots, since I'm guessing that Hallelujah is a better pilot than the others.
Yeah, Hallelujah definetly has some sort of history going on that probably enhanced his abilities. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's the AC equivilent of a newtype.
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 19:13   Link #30
Geass
~Power of the King~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Far North
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
Yeah, Hallelujah definetly has some sort of history going on that probably enhanced his abilities. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's the AC equivilent of a newtype.
I'm guessing he has Newtype abilities + drastically enhanced piloting skills + probably enhanced physical abilities as well (enhanced speed, strength, etc.).
__________________
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 21:50   Link #31
Virtue
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Virtue, need I say more?
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 23:55   Link #32
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Virtue (overkill ftw), even though it's piloted by a shemale.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 00:14   Link #33
Honey_and_Cleaver
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Kryios will destroy all the other gundams with simply out running them and blasting them with missles till they all die. Exia woudlnt be able to kill anybody, probrably Astrae is the only one Exia can own.
__________________
LOLIKON STRATOS! TA-RU-GE-TO! NARAI DE UTZEEEEYYYY!


Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 00:42   Link #34
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: North Carolina
Age: 29
Dynames hands down. Sniper suits = pwn.
__________________
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 13:00   Link #35
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I like Kyrios for it's variable uses, it's resemblance to the classic Waverider and the fact that my favourite Gundam pilot uses it. It's also probably the most balanced of all the Gundams introduced thus far.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 13:51   Link #36
Hamachi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I think the shield add-on ruins the originality in Dynames.
__________________
Hamachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 16:18   Link #37
SUPARSTARX
Thunderfury
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Age: 29
The sniper rifle Gundam is badass.

Dynames > Exia.

Thanks.
SUPARSTARX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 17:15   Link #38
Astaroth
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
yesterday I would have said Virtue but I loved Dynames new equipement in the last ep
Preference order:
Dynames: 1st gundam piloted by a haro
Virtue AKA lord of the overkill
Exia: a cool melee MS with few weapons
Kyros: makes me remember all the descendants of ZGundam
Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 17:41   Link #39
Triple zZz
Oyasumi ^3^
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
beside the lazy transformation
kyrios win my vote, would be nicer if it had Valkyrie or Zeta's kind of transformation
__________________
Triple zZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 20:56   Link #40
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
yesterday I would have said Virtue but I loved Dynames new equipement in the last ep
Preference order:
Dynames: 1st gundam piloted by a haro
Virtue AKA lord of the overkill
Exia: a cool melee MS with few weapons
Kyros: makes me remember all the descendants of ZGundam
No V2 Gundam was the first gundam to be piloted by Haro.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.