AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-13, 12:03   Link #1
Incognito666

Angry Please help me! i'm desperate!!

Hi, i just d/l bit so i'm very new to this.. ok, i click on da links to save n d/l my torrents rite but nothin happens... as in nothin gets d/led... then i get an error window sayin "tracker error timed out" or somethin like that and so i tried uninstallin it n del my current bit so i can re-d/l thinkin it cld be a prob wit my bit(i'm usin v3.3 by the way) but i cant seem to del it.. and i cant d/l anythin! pls help!!
Incognito666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 12:33   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Here's a few hints

i) Have a read of the sticky in this forum by Flash_Squirrel, BitTorrent Step-By-Step
ii) Speak English, or at least put some effort into typing something understandable.
iii) Tell us what the URL of the torrent you are trying to download.
iv) Have a read of the sticky by Flash_Squirrel, BitTorrent Step-By-Step again...
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 13:00   Link #3
Esperchld
Photographer

There are multiple reasons why this could have happened. The first one is only if it effects all torrents you try to use.
  • You are behind a firewall. If it is your own personal firewall you will most likely have to forward some ports of something similar. If it is a school or work one, well you are up a creek with out a paddle. The best option for the last one is to ask the network administrators for information on how to make it work (they will most likely tell you no).
  • It could be a dead torrent. If it is a dead torrent then you aren't going to be getting that file through it.
  • Also it could be that the tracker is down, and in this case you will have to wait a while for it to go back up. These things happen.
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 13:15   Link #4
Incognito666

ok uh.. here's wad it says after awhile of waitin for da torrent to d/l.. "problem connecting to tracker - timeout exceeded" ok.. maybe i have to wait.. but it happens to all d torrents i've tried.. which is quite a lot.. also.. why cant i seem to uninstall and del my bit torrent prog.. when i try it says dat its bein used by another user of prog altho i've del or stopped anythin remotely associated wit bit tirrent.. weeeird man.. sigh.. of ya can help me out i'd greatly appreciate it.. thanks for ur time guys..
Old 2003-11-13, 13:19   Link #5
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito666
ok uh.. here's wad it says after awhile of waitin for da torrent to d/l.. "problem connecting to tracker - timeout exceeded" ok.. maybe i have to wait.. but it happens to all d torrents i've tried.. which is quite a lot.. also.. why cant i seem to uninstall and del my bit torrent prog.. when i try it says dat its bein used by another user of prog altho i've del or stopped anythin remotely associated wit bit tirrent.. weeeird man.. sigh.. of ya can help me out i'd greatly appreciate it.. thanks for ur time guys..
Ctrl+alt+canc and try again.
Or just install the new client over the old one like nothing heppened.

Oh, and follow xris ii suggestion.
Old 2003-11-13, 13:35   Link #6
Incognito666

ok! it seems all i had to do was wait.. thanks a mil u guys.. but still one prob still bugs me.. i did try overwrittin my current bit toorent file but it still was disallowed due to this reason "write protect, file is being used by user or another program.." very odd indeed.. ack..
Old 2003-11-13, 23:31   Link #7
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Send a message via AIM to smee
yeah many people including myself have been getting this problem lately, all i have to do is wait? jeez that would have been good to know a while ago. incognito u got the error message that says 10600 or sumthin and then operation timed out right? i hope so cuz thats EXACTLY wut i get. i'm gonna leave bittorent on for like 2 hours and see if anything happens, also, incognito, how long did u have to wait?

smee is offline   Reply With Quote