AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-03-07, 17:18   Link #1
Newton
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Newton
KGNE Game, Harukas Accident?

Hello everyone!

There was a question which just came into my mind, when i looked at the game CGs: Is the main character (you) bound to date Haruka in the game in high school and to sleep with her, or do you have the choice (like later in the game i assume).
Because if you do have the choice and you refuse her, then the whole accident-3-years-coma-theme is pointless (because she was not your girlfriend anyways).

btw. KGNE is a really great Anime to watch, although I would have prefered another ending (which does not mean the actual one is very bad either)
Newton is offline  
Old 2004-03-07, 18:15   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
you can't really sleep with her in highschool chapter, but you must date her, otherwise there won't be any accident to begin with, as the accident happened when she was waiting on a date with the main character.
dreamless is offline  
Old 2004-03-08, 10:39   Link #3
Newton
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
you can't really sleep with her in highschool chapter, but you must date her, otherwise there won't be any accident to begin with, as the accident happened when she was waiting on a date with the main character.
Tanks for the reply.
Sure you can sleep with her, i mean, there are hentai cgs, where Haruka definatly is in high school age.

What i still didnt understand is, if you have a free choice if you date Haruka. What i mean i: Where does the actual GAME starts, when you have multiple choices?
Newton is offline  
Old 2004-03-08, 13:01   Link #4
Doddler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
If you do pay attention to the story, you will know that you do not actually *do it* with haruka. You have a change of heart, and decide that you have all the time in the world, no need to rush things. Heh.

There are options in the first story, but your main character will still date Haruka regardless. There's no escaping it. You can be a little *less* involved, but you will still end up caring for haruka by the end.
Doddler is offline  
Old 2004-03-08, 13:38   Link #5
cheez
duh?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Send a message via ICQ to cheez Send a message via AIM to cheez
From what I've heard, all the choices in the game up to the critical point are trivial, like "Do you buy Akane a drink, or give her yours?" I guess I could see decisions like that minorly affecting the later parts of the game, i.e. how many love-love points certain characters have for Takayuki .
__________________

DOUBLE DEUUUUUUUUUCE!!!
cheez is offline  
Old 2004-03-08, 14:57   Link #6
Newton
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doddler
If you do pay attention to the story, you will know that you do not actually *do it* with haruka. You have a change of heart, and decide that you have all the time in the world, no need to rush things. Heh.

There are options in the first story, but your main character will still date Haruka regardless. There's no escaping it. You can be a little *less* involved, but you will still end up caring for haruka by the end.
Yes, you are right, i somehow forgot that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez
From what I've heard, all the choices in the game up to the critical point are trivial, like "Do you buy Akane a drink, or give her yours?" I guess I could see decisions like that minorly affecting the later parts of the game, i.e. how many love-love points certain characters have for Takayuki .
Thats all i wanted to know, thanks to the two of you
Newton is offline  
Old 2004-03-08, 15:46   Link #7
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
Actually... the choices made before the accident are just as
important. Depending on how nice you are or who you meet
before the accident makes achieving certain endings easier or
impossible all together. For exapmle; the green haired nurse
(I can't remember her name), if you don't meet her before the
accident she won't have a crush on you and it'll become really
hard to get the good ending for her, as opposed to the ending
where she ties you up, beats you then repeatedly [CENSORED]
your [CENSORED]... yeah...
Mr_Paper is offline  
Old 2004-03-08, 16:34   Link #8
Newton
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
as opposed to the ending
where she ties you up, beats you then repeatedly [CENSORED]
your [CENSORED]... yeah...
WTF does she do?!
Newton is offline  
Old 2004-03-08, 22:54   Link #9
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton
WTF does she do?!
Hmm... have you read a book named Misery by Stephen King?
dreamless is offline  
Old 2004-03-11, 12:49   Link #10
Doddler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Actually... the choices made before the accident are just as
important. Depending on how nice you are or who you meet
before the accident makes achieving certain endings easier or
impossible all together. For exapmle; the green haired nurse
(I can't remember her name), if you don't meet her before the
accident she won't have a crush on you and it'll become really
hard to get the good ending for her, as opposed to the ending
where she ties you up, beats you then repeatedly [CENSORED]
your [CENSORED]... yeah...
I'm 99.99% certain the first chapter of the game has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the game. Seeing how you can chose to skip the first chapter entirely on any future playings of the game. A quick look at walkthroughs confirms that chapter 1 has no effect.
Doddler is offline  
Old 2004-03-11, 13:04   Link #11
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
Walk-through?! Geh!

Who uses a walk-through?!

/me shuns the use of such things!

The only time I'd condone the use of a walk-through is once you've
achieved all the endings yourself and wish find out if you either missed
one or to get that one graphic that had eluded you the previous thirty
times through the game.
Mr_Paper is offline  
Old 2004-03-11, 14:02   Link #12
cheez
duh?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Send a message via ICQ to cheez Send a message via AIM to cheez
It's funny how loudly you're denouncing walkthroughs to divert attention from your being proven wrong =/.


If I were to accept your red herring, I'd say that it's anybody's call whether they find a game more enjoyable with a strategy guide/walkthrough. I know I've played some games with a walkthrough and enjoyed it more than I otherwise would have. FFX-2, for instance.
__________________

DOUBLE DEUUUUUUUUUCE!!!
cheez is offline  
Old 2004-03-11, 16:37   Link #13
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez
It's funny how loudly you're denouncing walkthroughs to divert attention from your being proven wrong =/.

If I were to accept your red herring, I'd say that it's anybody's call whether they find a game more enjoyable with a strategy guide/walkthrough. I know I've played some games with a walkthrough and enjoyed it more than I otherwise would have. FFX-2, for instance.
Firstly, my opinions are based on experience. I wasn't able to get a
good ending with the green haired nurse even once before I met her as
a student. Subsequently, afterwards, I ended up treating all the other
characters like dirt and that was the only way I managed to get the
good ending for her. Maybe the decisions in first chapter are
meaningless in that the one or two points you gain from them have
no real value later on in the story but that doesn't belittle the decisions
or change the fact that for that particular ending, for me at least, that
1 point might have made all the difference.

Yes, if you follow a walkthrough, which provides you with the best
responses and decision to achieve a desired ending, the beginning will
become effectually useless. Without a walkthrough your not likely to
choose or make the decisions that yield the maximum amount of points
for a specific character, it's the sad truth. However, if you don't use one,
those few points can be very helpful. A fan/professional walkthrough is
not the absolute truth on how to play a game. Besides, (this is my
personal opinion) isn't a walkthrough for a game where the objective is
to use one's social skills to judge and accurately determined the decisions
that will provide the most compatibility with another person, cheating just
a little?

Now, onto my reasons for denouncing walkthroughs. I'm glad you have
found some games more enjoyable with the use of a walkthrough or
strategy guide. Of course, there is nothing wrong with people using
strategy guides or walkthroughs, its their decision. When I, personally,
sit down to play a strategy game, whether it be Kimi ga Nozomu Eien or
Final Fantasy Tactics, I play to figure out the strategy myself. I find it
defeats the purpose of these games to simple check a book or guide
whenever I'm stumped. Even if it costs me hours of frustration over not
being able to make a decision that pleases a character on screen or avoid
getting my party killed for the nth time, it's those hours of frustration that
make the game worth while, in my opinion at least.
Mr_Paper is offline  
Old 2004-03-11, 18:44   Link #14
cheez
duh?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Send a message via ICQ to cheez Send a message via AIM to cheez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Firstly, my opinions are based on experience. I wasn't able to get a
good ending with the green haired nurse even once before I met her as
a student. Subsequently, afterwards, I ended up treating all the other
characters like dirt and that was the only way I managed to get the
good ending for her. Maybe the decisions in first chapter are
meaningless in that the one or two points you gain from them have
no real value later on in the story but that doesn't belittle the decisions
or change the fact that for that particular ending, for me at least, that
1 point might have made all the difference.

Yes, if you follow a walkthrough, which provides you with the best
responses and decision to achieve a desired ending, the beginning will
become effectually useless. Without a walkthrough your not likely to
choose or make the decisions that yield the maximum amount of points
for a specific character, it's the sad truth. However, if you don't use one,
those few points can be very helpful. A fan/professional walkthrough is
not the absolute truth on how to play a game. Besides, (this is my
personal opinion) isn't a walkthrough for a game where the objective is
to use one's social skills to judge and accurately determined the decisions
that will provide the most compatibility with another person, cheating just
a little?

Now, onto my reasons for denouncing walkthroughs. I'm glad you have
found some games more enjoyable with the use of a walkthrough or
strategy guide. Of course, there is nothing wrong with people using
strategy guides or walkthroughs, its their decision. When I, personally,
sit down to play a strategy game, whether it be Kimi ga Nozomu Eien or
Final Fantasy Tactics, I play to figure out the strategy myself. I find it
defeats the purpose of these games to simple check a book or guide
whenever I'm stumped. Even if it costs me hours of frustration over not
being able to make a decision that pleases a character on screen or avoid
getting my party killed for the nth time, it's those hours of frustration that
make the game worth while, in my opinion at least.

Oh, I hear you there, bro. It all depends on the game, for me. I'm glad I played through Xenosaga largely without a walkthrough because I would have spoiled the great cutscenes otherwise. It's also got enough replay value for me that I'll probably be going through it a second time before Episode 2 comes out, and when I do that I can use all the guide tips to uber-ize my party. But I'm not about to call somebody else down if they decide that they'd rather play through with a walkthrough their first time.

Anyhoo, the more I hear about it, the more I wish the Kiminozo game would make an English appearance. Maybe when the anime's been licensed and the popularity's been demonstrated, it will be. Until then, here's hopin'.
__________________

DOUBLE DEUUUUUUUUUCE!!!
cheez is offline  
Old 2004-03-12, 02:21   Link #15
FreeJPA
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Heh, this is a little , but I'm glad you guys didn't degenerate into a flame war there. There was a sign when cheez says, "It's funny how loudly you're denouncing walkthroughs to divert attention from your being proven wrong =/"

I commend both of you for taking the responsible and mature path
FreeJPA is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.