AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 50 36.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 26.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 10.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.07%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.17%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-11-17, 15:47   Link #61
hamstar
just passing by
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Exia
I think the computer has already predicted in a simulation that terrorism would likely happen.

also i think Setsuna's real name is Sora as mentioned in the episode. That would make more sense because it's kinda of retarded how a person would have a name like lockon or halleluja.....
__________________
hamstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 15:48   Link #62
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
The production staff should get their definition a check on terrorism.
As far as I remember, CB did not kill any civies so whatever they do is war at best not terrorism. Tieria seems to love the idea of terrorism evidently indicated in his convo with Lockon, and Lockon is just the opposite. 2 men tag teams I can see happening.
BTW to those that have watched FMA: Is the main character always the main character or does someone who's not main steal the show at some point?
__________________
憎しみ合う者達がいた 骸は野に朽ち 御魂は血に染み 絆は 刃に分かたれた 闇についえし真心が泣く 愛する者よ 死に候えと
Kazamachi Shogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 15:55   Link #63
hamstar
just passing by
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Exia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazamachi Shogen View Post
The production staff should get their definition a check on terrorism.
As far as I remember, CB did not kill any civies so whatever they do is war at best not terrorism. Tieria seems to love the idea of terrorism evidently indicated in his convo with Lockon, and Lockon is just the opposite. 2 men tag teams I can see happening.
BTW to those that have watched FMA: Is the main character always the main character or does someone who's not main steal the show at some point?
well it is a small group of people trying to achieve a goal through violent means. That can be seen as terrorism. Terrorism is really just a word made by the powerful so that when the weak fight back it's seen in a negative light. You can say that one is killing for the "right" or "wrong" reasons but in the end you are just a murderer/killer you can't really change that.

from wiki, look at the last sentence:

Terrorism in the modern sense[1] is violence or other harmful acts committed (or threatened) against civilians for political or other ideological goals.[2] Most definitions of terrorism include only those acts which are intended to create fear or "terror", are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants. Many definitions also include only acts of unlawful violence.
__________________
hamstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 16:03   Link #64
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
also i think Setsuna's real name is Sora as mentioned in the episode. That would make more sense because it's kinda of retarded how a person would have a name like lockon or halleluja.....
Huh? If Sora is Setsuna's real name, what does that have to do with Lockon or Allelujah?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 16:09   Link #65
hamstar
just passing by
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Exia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Huh? If Sora is Setsuna's real name, what does that have to do with Lockon or Allelujah?
if Setsuna's name is not really setsuna and is in fact a code name as indicated in this episode, one can infer that the other gundam meister's ridiculous names are in fact aliases as well.
__________________
hamstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 16:22   Link #66
Rever129
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
if Setsuna's name is not really setsuna and is in fact a code name as indicated in this episode, one can infer that the other gundam meister's ridiculous names are in fact aliases as well.

It was confirmed a while ago that all of the Meister's names are aliases.
Rever129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 16:23   Link #67
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

The label is so overused these days and so hard to properly define.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 18:18   Link #68
lubczyk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Wow!!! Setsuna is a little bastard. I have no sympathy anymore for his friends that got killed at the beginning of Episode 1. They killed their own parents for G*ds sakes!!! Setsuna might not be the hero of this series but the anti-hero. I'm hoping that he wil die at the end of this season and he will be replaced by Louise as the main Gundam lead with Saji as a technician.

That's the only way I can see this show working out. All of Celestial Being are bastards with the exception of Alleluhah. He will probably die later in the season though as he looks as the most expendable of the Gundam Meisters. Christiana and Felt are b**ches who sleep at night with no remorse after having helped coordinate the deaths of hundreds of innocent people after going shopping.

Sumeragi is having some remorse, but I can't feel pity for her.

I hope Sergei, Soma and Graham totally demolish Celestial Being by the end of this series.

Anyone else here hates Celestial Being more than any of the other factions (AEU/Union/HRL/Azadistan)?
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 19:02   Link #69
Geass
~Power of the King~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Far North
Hmm, I think the animation was better this episode. Ali's turning out to be my new favorite character, his unit is fairly nice too.
__________________
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 19:06   Link #70
Wen
Chocolate Filled
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Wow!!! Setsuna is a little bastard. I have no sympathy anymore for his friends that got killed at the beginning of Episode 1. They killed their own parents for G*ds sakes!!! Setsuna might not be the hero of this series but the anti-hero. I'm hoping that he wil die at the end of this season and he will be replaced by Louise as the main Gundam lead with Saji as a technician.

That's the only way I can see this show working out. All of Celestial Being are bastards with the exception of Alleluhah. He will probably die later in the season though as he looks as the most expendable of the Gundam Meisters. Christiana and Felt are b**ches who sleep at night with no remorse after having helped coordinate the deaths of hundreds of innocent people after going shopping.

Sumeragi is having some remorse, but I can't feel pity for her.

I hope Sergei, Soma and Graham totally demolish Celestial Being by the end of this series.

Anyone else here hates Celestial Being more than any of the other factions (AEU/Union/HRL/Azadistan)?
You made quite a generalization there (as well as some strange opinions).
I certainly like Union more (because of Graham) but I don't hate CB; in fact, I don't hate any of the factions. If the show come out the way you just describe, G00 will probably be the worst anime I've ever watch.
Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 19:07   Link #71
Kohitsuji
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Wow!!! Setsuna is a little bastard. I have no sympathy anymore for his friends that got killed at the beginning of Episode 1. They killed their own parents for G*ds sakes!!! Setsuna might not be the hero of this series but the anti-hero. I'm hoping that he wil die at the end of this season and he will be replaced by Louise as the main Gundam lead with Saji as a technician.
Uh...lol? I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions and speculation, but Louise becoming a lead and Gundam pilot is so.... Not to be sexist, but I'm pretty sure that they aren't going to have a female Gundam pilot anytime soon that is actually good at being a pilot. Off the top of my head, the only good female pilot was Lucrezia Noin in Gundam Wing. The females from GS and GSD were all pretty crappy. And really, can you really see someone like Louise piloting a Gundam?

Personally I still have sympathy for Setsuna; children are easily manipulated. Ali told Setsuna and the other kids (this is my interpretation, my Japanese is still a work in progress) that to start on the path towards becomes "God's Soldiers" was to kill their parents as a sign of their devotion. Kids are so very easily enticed by dreams and aspirations of grandeur. Killing their parents was what they thought would help in letting them be a part of a "greater idea." Obviously to us, that greater idea was just a farce, but to them, its almost like salvation.

Quote:
That's the only way I can see this show working out. All of Celestial Being are bastards with the exception of Alleluhah. He will probably die later in the season though as he looks as the most expendable of the Gundam Meisters. Christiana and Felt are b**ches who sleep at night with no remorse after having helped coordinate the deaths of hundreds of innocent people after going shopping.
IMO, if any of the Gundam Meisters are going to die, its going to be Lockon. Why? Because he's the only one who doesn't have any mental problems (thus far).
Kohitsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 19:29   Link #72
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Wow!!! Setsuna is a little bastard. I have no sympathy anymore for his friends that got killed at the beginning of Episode 1. They killed their own parents for G*ds sakes!!! Setsuna might not be the hero of this series but the anti-hero. I'm hoping that he wil die at the end of this season and he will be replaced by Louise as the main Gundam lead with Saji as a technician.

That's the only way I can see this show working out. All of Celestial Being are bastards with the exception of Alleluhah. He will probably die later in the season though as he looks as the most expendable of the Gundam Meisters. Christiana and Felt are b**ches who sleep at night with no remorse after having helped coordinate the deaths of hundreds of innocent people after going shopping.

Sumeragi is having some remorse, but I can't feel pity for her.

I hope Sergei, Soma and Graham totally demolish Celestial Being by the end of this series.

Anyone else here hates Celestial Being more than any of the other factions (AEU/Union/HRL/Azadistan)?
You do know children are being brainwashed/forced into doing terrible things and war every day in the real world right?

So far, we only have a glimpse into Setsuna's past. For all we know, he may be seeking redemption for what he did.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 19:57   Link #73
lubczyk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
You do know children are being brainwashed/forced into doing terrible things and war every day in the real world right?

So far, we only have a glimpse into Setsuna's past. For all we know, he may be seeking redemption for what he did.
You got to admit, though, that these revelations make Setsuna less sympathetic compared to how he appeared in episode 1.

Plus, its not like Ali took opraphs and brainwashed them. Setsuna and the other kids had parents and families. It's not like Setsuna didn't have a mother or father figure prior to Ali.

If Setsuna and the other Kurdish kids were orphans whom Ali brainwashed into killing innocent people then I could understand. This, on the other hand, I just see as murder in cold blood, even if they were children.

The circumstances don't make Setsuna look sympathetic, in my opinion.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:09   Link #74
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
You got to admit, though, that these revelations make Setsuna less sympathetic compared to how he appeared in episode 1.

Plus, its not like Ali took opraphs and brainwashed them. Setsuna and the other kids had parents and families. It's not like Setsuna didn't have a mother or father figure prior to Ali.

If Setsuna and the other Kurdish kids were orphans whom Ali brainwashed into killing innocent people then I could understand. This, on the other hand, I just see as murder in cold blood, even if they were children.

The circumstances don't make Setsuna look sympathetic, in my opinion.
That's an idealized view of family. Just because kids have parents doesn't mean other adults can't have a stronger influence on them.

Of course, we don't know his exact relationship with his family yet so what you say may have some merit.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:14   Link #75
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Plus, its not like Ali took opraphs and brainwashed them. Setsuna and the other kids had parents and families. It's not like Setsuna didn't have a mother or father figure prior to Ali.

If Setsuna and the other Kurdish kids were orphans whom Ali brainwashed into killing innocent people then I could understand. This, on the other hand, I just see as murder in cold blood, even if they were children.
Wow. You talk like you clearly know what's happening there.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:21   Link #76
lubczyk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Wow. You talk like you clearly know what's happening there.
You know no more than I do I would assume. Have you perhaps know a person who as a chilid that was manipulated by an adult to kill his or her own parents?
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:28   Link #77
flarezard
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Once in Hueco Mundo, now in Gallian Militia Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
You got to admit, though, that these revelations make Setsuna less sympathetic compared to how he appeared in episode 1.

Plus, its not like Ali took opraphs and brainwashed them. Setsuna and the other kids had parents and families. It's not like Setsuna didn't have a mother or father figure prior to Ali.

If Setsuna and the other Kurdish kids were orphans whom Ali brainwashed into killing innocent people then I could understand. This, on the other hand, I just see as murder in cold blood, even if they were children.

The circumstances don't make Setsuna look sympathetic, in my opinion.
The world is not as easy as you thought, man.
flarezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:36   Link #78
lubczyk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarezard View Post
The world is not as easy as you thought, man.
And Sunrise writers and driectors know the hard truth, right?

Ever spend your childhood under Communist occupation like I have? Ever talk to your Serbian friends and the things the Albanians did to them like I have? Ever feel the pain fofthe bloody NATO talking the side of the Albanians and labeling the Serbs as the guilty party while they were actually the victims? Ever have old timers talk to you about the collapse of Yugoslavia? I have had all that happen to me and more.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:38   Link #79
flarezard
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Once in Hueco Mundo, now in Gallian Militia Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
You know no more than I do I would assume. Have you perhaps know a person who as a chilid that was manipulated by an adult to kill his or her own parents?
Just go and watch "Blood Diamond"

That's the easiest.
flarezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:39   Link #80
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
And Sunrise writers and driectors know the hard truth, right?
Look at it this way. If informed and educated adults can be made to kill their own children, what makes you think the reverse can't happen?

Cults exist for a reason.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.