AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 6 7.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 18.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 28.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 14.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.26%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.95%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-11-16, 13:09   Link #21
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I remembered it was mentioned somewhere that Margery is Scottish. Hair colour is irrelevant in anime in determining one's ethnicity.
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline  
Old 2007-11-16, 14:00   Link #22
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well you're wrong. -_-

it's in New York, and in case you missed the empire state building, (a decade too early, but no mistaking it) preview Yuji even said it was in New York.
Wait, when was the Empire State Building built? 1921?
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2007-11-16, 14:39   Link #23
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Wait, when was the Empire State Building built? 1921?
construction started in 30 and ended in 31.

still, that building at the end of the preview looked a little bit too much like the Empire State Building to not entertain the idea that the production team wouldn't expect the target audience to know/care about something like that.
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline  
Old 2007-11-16, 15:50   Link #24
X10A_Freedom
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Neo-Venezia...I wish!
Funny as hell and I was smiling most of the way! Ike's mood swings are like Shana-tan!

These slice-of-lifers are good by themselves but I wonder what's up with the actual story? Margery's flashback episode is interesting but the lack of progress in current times is quite annoying. Maybe it's tied in with Satou(?) asking about becoming a flame haze? Still, too little progress in the current front.
X10A_Freedom is offline  
Old 2007-11-16, 16:35   Link #25
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
Funny as hell and I was smiling most of the way! Ike's mood swings are like Shana-tan!

These slice-of-lifers are good by themselves but I wonder what's up with the actual story? Margery's flashback episode is interesting but the lack of progress in current times is quite annoying. Maybe it's tied in with Satou(?) asking about becoming a flame haze? Still, too little progress in the current front.
Well, this upcoming 2 episode arc does seem like a good opportunity to deal with Satou's desire to aid Margery (which was certainly a growing issue in season 1 with the lifting Blutsauger stuff)

And it's not coming out of nowhere in this season either, since they've been putting in little bits of this subplot for the last few weeks (the ramen eating, the talk about enjoying normal times, asking Shana about becoming a Flame Haze this week). And like the Shana flashback stuff last season, this should be a good chance for some fights and to clear up some other issues here and there.
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline  
Old 2007-11-16, 18:06   Link #26
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for ep. 8 preview paragraph:


It IS New York.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2007-11-17, 08:46   Link #27
Devard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 28
I really liked this episode. There were so many funny parts. The music direction was also very smart and made the scenes even funnier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
But Margery isn't Asian... is she?
Well, even if it was in Shanghai, non-Asians can still travel to Shanghai, right?
Devard is offline  
Old 2007-11-17, 12:06   Link #28
lua thien
Fallen Exile
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
To think that Konoe could embarass the group by going on the kiddie rides...

Anyone notice that Ogata calls Shana "Shana-chan" instead of Yukari?
lua thien is offline  
Old 2007-11-17, 15:48   Link #29
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
To think that Konoe could embarass the group by going on the kiddie rides...

Anyone notice that Ogata calls Shana "Shana-chan" instead of Yukari?
I do believe that both Yuji and Kazumi have mentioned to the group that Yukari's nickname is Shana.

EDIT: Finally got access to the raw. For the moment where Fumina wants to go on the kiddy ride, I was yelling NO! NO! NO!

Hayato barfing afterwards? You got to be kidding me!

To the Roller Coaster scene... 90 minute wait? It was much more entertaining to see Shana go bungee jumping rather than Hayato having a breakdown. And just watching this episode, Hayato is very uncharacteristic around Kazumi.

In fact, I feel sorry for the roller coaster scene. Hayato stuck on a ride he's scared of in the first place.

At first glance of the "Star Wars" video game, I was half surprised that Matake was the only one surprised Shana got a high score. Then when Alastor began talking, I finally remembered that Keisaku and Eita have already seen Shana take a swing. Of course, cut to the picnic scene, and Yuji's "Exactly what did you do?" expression was priceless. "It's fine. I just played a video game."

Hayato flipping out for a cookie? Are you serious?

"So, exactly how did you become a flame haze?" Keisaku, don't tell me you're thinking of becoming one. Plus, Yuji and the chicken - that's a good spinoff.

Hayato... exactly WHO BARFS RIDING A FERRIS WHEEL?

And are they seriously still playing the Hishoku no Sora song... in season 2?

Actually, check that, I was yelling for the whole episode. This was just hilarious.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2007-11-17 at 17:51.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2007-11-17, 22:30   Link #30
Aquifina
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Despite my complete lack of Japanese language skills, I watched the raw out of impatience. I still found big chunks funny--poor Ike seems to have some kind of motion sickness disorder. And Shana playing the video game and winning a prize was amusing. The whole ep. was also so obviously over-the-top and fun; I'm looking forward to the sub.
Aquifina is offline  
Old 2007-11-17, 22:32   Link #31
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
Despite my complete lack of Japanese language skills, I watched the raw out of impatience. I still found big chunks funny--poor Ike seems to have some kind of motion sickness disorder. And Shana playing the video game and winning a prize was amusing. The whole ep. was also so obviously over-the-top and fun; I'm looking forward to the sub.
I want to see that prize Shana got. Stuffed neko for the win!
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 01:50   Link #32
kimchipride
Geass User
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Age: 22
Ugh... Eclipse is slow this week. No Hayate and Shana is late. Can't blame them though. I want to watch those eps! At least they did Clannad. That's like the top priority for them.
kimchipride is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 02:34   Link #33
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchipride View Post
Ugh... Eclipse is slow this week. No Hayate and Shana is late. Can't blame them though. I want to watch those eps! At least they did Clannad. That's like the top priority for them.
EDIT: It wasn't staff issues. QC checking has produced negative results over Eclipse, and as a result, the episodes are being continually reworked.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 08:04   Link #34
arkxkra
全力全開
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Non-management 97th world
erm, this epsidoe consider a filler ??? I mean, it talk about Ike's plan but most of the "perfect" plan is failed in the end... Ike suitable to become a general ...
Shana is so cool when she playing that game, and break the record as well...

Next episode is memory of Margery, don't know which episode only start some awesome fighting scene...
__________________
arkxkra is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 08:40   Link #35
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
erm, this epsidoe consider a filler ??? I mean, it talk about Ike's plan but most of the "perfect" plan is failed in the end... Ike suitable to become a general ...
Shana is so cool when she playing that game, and break the record as well...

Next episode is memory of Margery, don't know which episode only start some awesome fighting scene...
Lately, a LOT of episodes have been fillers.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 10:22   Link #36
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Lately, a LOT of episodes have been fillers.
well unlike ZnT this 24-25 season so it can afford a few fillers at the begining to make the end a whole lot better.

With that said I don't mind these fillers because with the number of ep this has.
__________________
UPR is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 10:24   Link #37
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
well unlike ZnT this 24-25 season so it can afford a few fillers at the begining to make the end a whole lot better.

With that said I don't mind these fillers because with the number of ep this has.
That's the good thing. The bad thing is that it took 24 episodes to get through 9 novels. How much will they spend going through 9 more?
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 10:29   Link #38
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
The problem might be that there are only 16 novel available for the main story, so they need to slowe the rhythm
Proto is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 11:03   Link #39
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
The problem might be that there are only 16 novel available for the main story, so they need to slowe the rhythm
No, it's not that. The actual writer of the novel is also the storywriter for the anime version, so that just cannot be the problem.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 15:28   Link #40
Lilprid
Burn burn burn ^^
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cardiff mate
Are you watching the raw?
Lilprid is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.