AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 17 25.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 23.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 37.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-11-20, 01:10   Link #101
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ran View Post
But before this episode, Shuri was always wise and caring about others. She always gives the bog picture, like remember when she picked Sana to be the class head so he and nanaka will be together and the river trip..etc ... I mean she is not that kind of person who will attack someone without no reason.
There's a big difference between dealing well with other people's problems and dealing with your own. Some of the most helpful people concentrate on helping others to distract themselves from their own issues.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2007-11-20, 03:52   Link #102
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Eh, this episode didn't really do it for me. Aimless and plotless. All the drama is so telegraphed that it loses its punch... the lackluster music doesn't help matters, either.

Some observations:

Unfortunately it looks like Shuusuke and Shuri may be blood-related after all. But it's not a total loss, since Yuzuki-sensei and Hinako seem to be the older and younger version of Shuri, respectively.

Nanaka continues to be a side character, which is somewhat of a surprise, more than halfway into the show. Next episode should be dedicated to her... but is it a good sign that the "throwaway" character Hinako is better developed than the "lead girl" so deep into the show?

As for the creepy old lady - well, at least she makes the story more interesting. Maybe they really should go the Higurashi/School Days route and make this into a horror show. It would be a welcome change from what I'm seeing, that's for certain.

Power Rankings:

1. Asami - Seems to be the most likely to bring Sana out of his shell and heal his emotional scars. Bringing him to the old-folk's home was a nice way to connect. The only question is whether she is actually interested in him (my guess is that she isn't), but that's something that can always change...

2. Hinako - Brings much-needed energy to the show. Heck, I might've enjoyed the show a lot more if she really was Sana's main love itnerest.

3. Aoi - Once again shoved into the background. The potential that she showed early in the show has mostly died out.

4. Yuzuki - I'm a sucker for Morinaga milk caramel (anyone notice the yellow box?), but there's that age gap... plus Shuusuki is the more likely contender. Unlikely that the relationship will ever evolve beyond student-teacher.

5. Nanaka - Still living in the past. Ah, the dreaded "Childhood Friend" cliche - with nothing but memories to sustain the relationship. It doesn't help that she's become duller than dull lately. But major plus points if she actually ends up going psycho (at the Kirino/Kaede level; Kotonoha/Sekai would be a bit much).

6. Shuri - Just when I thought she couldn't sink any lower... she did.

7. Shuusuke - Haven't seen any sparks since episode 4. Maybe it was a one-shot deal.
DanielSong39 is offline  
Old 2007-11-20, 11:31   Link #103
Saleh
Inactive
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well there must be a lot of background information we are missing here so i wouldnt cross off shuri for being totally unreasonable...perhaps she has been keeping those feelings locked up for all this time and so just let everything out being unable to control her views anymore.
As far as M; Y storytelling is concerned, all background information needed to come to a conclusion is present there in form of subtle hints. Storytelling of M; Y isn't a masterpiece but it portrays realism at times. Its easier to derieve background information if a realistic scenario is kept in mind while analysing some scenes in M; Y. Myself; Yourself is probably the most cliched anime this season.

You may have noticed that while Syuri was asking her friends to sign up in the petition, she intentionally removed some crutial information that would have lead to undesirable results (She didn't tell them that her dad was incharge of the project). Do you think that if she told them that her dad was also involved, they would happily sign her petition or help her? If realistic scenario was taken into consideration while analysing that event then we could easily tell that she wasn't happy with her dads decisions and thinks that her dad is trying to remove/replace her mom's memories before we actually saw that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ran View Post
But before this episode, Shuri was always wise and caring about others. She always gives the bog picture, like remember when she picked Sana to be the class head so he and nanaka will be together and the river trip..etc ... I mean she is not that kind of person who will attack someone without no reason.
You do know that Syuri has political (family) background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ran View Post
I think there is something happened to her because of her step mother. Maybe her father got married immediately after her mother dead, so she thinks that her father does not care about her mother death because of this women or she know that her father had a relation with her because her mother dead.
Even though really I want to sympathise with Syuri because of her situation, I find myself sympathising with Syuri's dad and her mom (Sayuka). First of all her dad did not marry Sayuka because he loved her (Sayuka). If he married her because he loved her then he would have reflexively slapped Syuri when she said "Don't call this women you use only for sex, my mother". He gave her a warning instead even though she had more than crossed the line. He loves Syuri very much but I don't think same thing can be said for Sayuka. Also note that Sayuka didn't react when Syuri made those accusations. In real life anyone with dignity would have reacted to those very offensive statements especially if they were coming from 16 year old child.

Why did he marry Sayuka ? Were Syuri's accusations true? Probably not, if her real mom had passed away when Syuri was young then he may have married because he loved his childrens. Working parents get very limited time with their kids and politicians get even less time. Syuri's father may have married Sayuka because he needed someone to raise his kids, someone to replace his ex-wife and give his kids better life than Hinako (perfect example of kid raised by working parents who don't get time to be with her). Though Sayuka's decision to marry him is doubtable.

Syuri is probably living under the misconception that her dad want to forget her real mom and married Sayuka to replace her mom. Her dad wants his children to be happy and forget about things that would cause them pain.

Basically its one of those second marriages in which children aren't able to understand parents & their feelings and parents aren't able to understand their children (even though children welfare was kept in mind while marrying). He could have introduced her to his children before marriage and given some time for their relationship (Sayuka and his kids) to progress before actually marrying her but he didn't, did he?


But then I am probably wrong
__________________

Last edited by Saleh; 2007-11-20 at 13:04.
Saleh is offline  
Old 2007-11-21, 00:40   Link #104
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Its easier to derieve background information if a realistic scenario is kept in mind while analysing some scenes in M; Y. Myself; Yourself is probably the most cliched anime this season.
Cliche? Maybe, but it nice to finally see a male lead who actually has some brain. Unfortunately for him his circumstances dont always leave him in the best position

Quote:
Even though really I want to sympathise with Syuri because of her situation, I find myself sympathising with Syuri's dad and her mom (Sayuka). First of all her dad did not marry Sayuka because he loved her (Sayuka). If he married her because he loved her then he would have reflexively slapped Syuri when she said "Don't call this women you use only for sex, my mother". He gave her a warning instead even though she had more than crossed the line. He loves Syuri very much but I don't think same thing can be said for Sayuka. Also note that Sayuka didn't react when Syuri made those accusations. In real life anyone with dignity would have reacted to those very offensive statements especially if they were coming from 16 year old child.

Why did he marry Sayuka ? Were Syuri's accusations true? Probably not, if her real mom had passed away when Syuri was young then he may have married because he loved his childrens. Working parents get very limited time with their kids and politicians get even less time. Syuri's father may have married Sayuka because he needed someone to raise his kids, someone to replace his ex-wife and give his kids better life than Hinako (perfect example of kid raised by working parents who don't get time to be with her). Though Sayuka's decision to marry him is doubtable.

Syuri is probably living under the misconception that her dad want to forget her real mom and married Sayuka to replace her mom. Her dad wants his children to be happy and forget about things that would cause them pain.

Basically its one of those second marriages in which children aren't able to understand parents & their feelings and parents aren't able to understand their children (even though children welfare was kept in mind while marrying). He could have introduced her to his children before marriage and given some time for their relationship (Sayuka and his kids) to progress before actually marrying her but he didn't, did he?


But then I am probably wrong
I actually have to disagree with you here, and this is my opinion only, but i really can't sympathize with Shuri's dad. He must know how important that place is and he doesn't even seem to care how much this is actually affecting her. And of course she would never see the second wife as a mother, thats just the way children are and they have a hard time excepting it. I have a friend who would never call his step-father his dad, but he shows respect to him. I do sympathize with the mother though, I mean thats quite an accusation and shes staying quite. either because she knows it's true (which she probably whoulda end up smacking her) or she knows shes not ready yet and is trying to give her space which seems much more likely. of course Shuri doesn't seem to want to open up or move of, but the father could show a little more support, right?

P.S. poor poe :'(
P.S. Ya, im late watching the ep, but i have perticular order i dont like breaking but i cant wait.
__________________
Goodbye AnimeSuki
You have lost your once great spirit
SeedFreedom is offline  
Old 2007-11-24, 06:19   Link #105
Saleh
Inactive
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
And of course she would never see the second wife as a mother, thats just the way children are and they have a hard time excepting it.
Making Syuri call Sayuka her mother (even for one time) is the easiest part. All that scriptwriters have to do is to make her see Sayuka from a different perspective. Probably a result of interaction with Sana (since in this show he is a "nice guy" that ends up solving others problems).
__________________
Saleh is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.