AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-11-13, 15:03   Link #1
Merco
I like pie

The Shino-type reoccuring theme

To be more specifically, the thing I'm thinking about is the whole sunglasses stigma.

Shino isn't the first mysterious guy who wears sunglasses in a manga/anime.

In Blade of the Immortal you have Giichi, a person part of an certain ambiguous group who has a rather *interesting* weapon he uses.

here's a link to his description:

Giichi

SAME SUNGLASSES! ... ok so he's bald, but then there's Mido Ban of Getbackers, Vash the Stampede from trigun, and the list goes on. Every one of em can be considered a mysterious character... is that what sunglasses can relate to? I suppose you can think of sunglasses in the metaphorical sense as something covering the eyes... the eyes being what describes a person the most or something...

(edit: changed the pic to a link to appease the internet gods)

Last edited by Merco; 2003-11-13 at 15:39.
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 16:47   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The sunglasses only intensified the aura and the mystery that projects from all those characters you mentioned.. They just look so damn cool.....Also you may notice most of those characters wear Coats that has high-up collars (very bad at describing clothes) which makes half the face not visible...Shino, for example..
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 17:02   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

All this time I thought it was because many characters in anime have very light sensitive eyes!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 17:18   Link #4
uglypigs

a quasi-serious answer would be eyes being the windows of the souls, wearing sunglasses means you're hiding your soul, meaning mysterious.
uglypigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 17:18   Link #5
muipO
=__=.~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
All this time I thought it was because many characters in anime have very light sensitive eyes!
Good one! If I were an anime character, I would probably need some kick-ass sunglasses to shield my eyes from the light, too. -__-;;

I would think that Shino needed sunglasses 'cause ya never know, a bug just might pop outta his eye and that would embarassing, wouldn't it...
muipO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 18:15   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Totally forgot about that..Hippie!! I see my favorite quote is back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglypig
a quasi-serious answer would be eyes being the windows of the souls, wearing sunglasses means you're hiding your soul, meaning mysterious.
HMMMM...very good point...

Last edited by monir; 2003-11-13 at 20:25.
Old 2003-11-13, 18:20   Link #7
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

i just thought about this for a bit and sinos coat makes sense its so the people he fights cant see the bugs come out of his skin (and for the people that watch naruto cus thats just nasty) and the sunglasses shino wants to be a badass like kakashi
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 20:20   Link #8
Zeratul
n00bie

just like the matrix
Zeratul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 20:23   Link #9
Evilbunny
Cave guardian

I bet one of his bugs ate an eyeball. So in curtousy(sp?) of the people around him, he wears dark sunglasses to cover it up.
Evilbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 20:34   Link #10
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglypigs
That's a deep thought, uglypigs-san.
Anyways, it's true that Shino isn't really the first guy with coat and sunglasses. A guy hiding his soul. There's that dude from Final Fantasy (don't know what) too.

Guys who use this type of clothes are always cool.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-14, 00:26   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

His name is Auron from FFX..
Old 2003-11-14, 02:03   Link #12
aroon
[]D [] []v[] []D

Send a message via AIM to aroon
well just a quick tie between mido ban and shino. mido ban has a special technique that involves his eyes. i supposed the glasses serve to protect his eyes and to hide them from his enemies. may be there are things about shino we dont know yet.

also, from what we saw of the inside of shino's body when kakashi took a lookl he had bugs running all THROUGH his body. i would assume sometimes those little buggers get out through his eyes. mebbe then run across them. mebbe he doesnt even has real eyes, just a bunch of bugs feeding information to his brain or something.

we shall see.
aroon is offline   Reply With Quote