AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-03-14, 15:01   Link #61
Bullsquat
Strange Love
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Looks like he'll be a much tougher opponent in the next round though. Afterall he now knows 'The Great Special Technique' lol.

By the way, r some of those moments with the forest creatures meant to be dramatic coz I just can't stop laughing.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 15:04   Link #62
brand
Deadly Ninja of Doom!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
By the way, r some of those moments with the forest creatures meant to be dramatic coz I just can't stop laughing.
I think it's meant to be more of a parody of dramatic moments like that in other anime.
__________________
brand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 16:03   Link #63
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
I love this series. I think it is the best-directed show this season. Speaking of dramatic, has everyone seen episode 7? I think the first ten minutes of episode 7 are some of the most freaky crazy dramatic intense awesome moments I have seen in anime, ever!
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 02:39   Link #64
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vana'Diel
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
I got bored of it really fast, maybe its b/c i didnt watch jubei chan 1
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 03:37   Link #65
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
I got bored of it really fast, maybe its b/c i didnt watch jubei chan 1
Nah that's not it, the second season is way better than the first. I just bought all the DVDs for the first season and it isn't as good as the second season. Don't get me wrong I still like the first season but Felicia adds more to the show IMO.
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 11:54   Link #66
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vana'Diel
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSide Hero
Nah that's not it, the second season is way better than the first. I just bought all the DVDs for the first season and it isn't as good as the second season. Don't get me wrong I still like the first season but Felicia adds more to the show IMO.
About Jubei chan 1, im thinking i might get it, on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the highest) what would you give it?
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 12:23   Link #67
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSide Hero
Nah that's not it, the second season is way better than the first. I just bought all the DVDs for the first season and it isn't as good as the second season. Don't get me wrong I still like the first season but Felicia adds more to the show IMO.
Even if you prefer the second season over the first (I guess not everyone will agree with you, but that's not the point here), I guess you would not enjoy it as much if you did not watch the first season at all, would you? Because you get to know most of the characters in the first season, and you know why Jiyu hates so much the Lovely Patch, and so on.
Banisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 13:23   Link #68
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas
Red face

Quote:
About Jubei chan 1, im thinking i might get it, on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the highest) what would you give it?
I give it a 7/10, the second season: 9/10; it is entertaining but the second season has more action & thrill.

Quote:
Even if you prefer the second season over the first (I guess not everyone will agree with you, but that's not the point here), I guess you would not enjoy it as much if you did not watch the first season at all, would you? Because you get to know most of the characters in the first season, and you know why Jiyu hates so much the Lovely Patch, and so on.
That's the one thing I really hate about Jiyu, she starts off hating the Lovely Eyepatch
for no real reason. She doesn't even give it a chance at first. Also the way the creators reintroduce all of the characters makes it unnecessary to have seen the first season at all. However it is still good show.

Besides the only real thing I was wondering after seeing the first season was:
Spoiler:
__________________
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 16:11   Link #69
Balbados
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Perhaps we can try and see if Jiyu is really another decendent of Yagyu Jubei. Besides, can you explain about how she's already that powerful even without transform? (Note: Mutodori)

We already checked the background of Freshea, but Jiyu's background is basically limited to the one of *spoiler from 1st series*



Her mom's death (sorry, I still dunno how to mark spoiler ^^)


Anyway, still waiting eps. 7 from Solar. This is going to get interesting
Balbados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 23:34   Link #70
Troy Thomas
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kamloops, BC
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSide Hero
That's the one thing I really hate about Jiyu, she starts off hating the Lovely Eyepatch for no real reason. She doesn't even give it a chance at first.
She doesn't really start off hating it. She just tosses it aside without caring about it one way or the other.... Then it went into the garbage cause she didn't have an eye infection.

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSide Hero
Besides the only real thing I was wondering after seeing the first season was:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Troy Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 01:45   Link #71
Za Paper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Wow, ep 7 was a ride.

Spoiler:
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 15:54   Link #72
Bullsquat
Strange Love
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Just seen episode 7. Damn, this episode rocks! I think the action sequence is one of the best I've ever seen. Really creative. and it looks like the 'Great Special Technique' didn't do as much damage as I expected.

Well both Jiyu and Freasha is ticking me off a little bit. Freasha obviously...
Spoiler:
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 18:14   Link #73
suguru
京都 ikitai~
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: massugu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Just seen episode 7. Damn, this episode rocks! I think the action sequence is one of the best I've ever seen. Really creative. and it looks like the 'Great Special Technique' didn't do as much damage as I expected.

Well both Jiyu and Freasha is ticking me off a little bit. Freasha obviously...
Spoiler:
I agree for the same reasons--but since in a lot of anime the heroine is perfect or close to it, it's kind of a nice change to see someone with flaws. And Freasha needs to be beaten after ep 7. Hopefully Jiyu will just smack her down by the end, but I'm not sure she has it in her. And Sai is just spineless sometimes...if he doesn't trust his own daughter over Freasha something is wrong with him...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 18:41   Link #74
Za Paper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Just seen episode 7. Damn, this episode rocks! I think the action sequence is one of the best I've ever seen. Really creative. and it looks like the 'Great Special Technique' didn't do as much damage as I expected.

Well both Jiyu and Freasha is ticking me off a little bit. Freasha obviously...
Spoiler:
The fight sequence was mad crazy. Swordfighting with parachutes I dont think thats ever been done before.

Spoiler:
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 19:49   Link #75
Shaheed79
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
When does episode 8 come out? I only download after every 4 episodes for some reason.

BTW, I LOVE this show and I have never seen the first season. Felecia is great I love her cutesy to hardcore transitions and how she's always cuddling on Jiyu. I don't know why but this series reminds me of FLCL for some odd reason. A solid mix of comedy puns and great action I suppose.
Shaheed79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 23:20   Link #76
Bullsquat
Strange Love
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
The fight sequence was mad crazy. Swordfighting with parachutes I dont think thats ever been done before.

Spoiler:
He looks
Spoiler:
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 03:27   Link #77
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
There's been a whole slew of awful shows lately but this one might take the cake. I can't wait for the April season since there will be so many brilliant series (unless a bunch of them completely screw up their transition from their manga counterparts).
Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 12:43   Link #78
Za Paper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meier
There's been a whole slew of awful shows lately but this one might take the cake. I can't wait for the April season since there will be so many brilliant series (unless a bunch of them completely screw up their transition from their manga counterparts).

Oh well, everyone cant have the same opinion.

Anyway ep 8. Another great job by solar.

Spoiler:
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 02:43   Link #79
Bullsquat
Strange Love
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meier
There's been a whole slew of awful shows lately but this one might take the cake. I can't wait for the April season since there will be so many brilliant series (unless a bunch of them completely screw up their transition from their manga counterparts).
Yeah some people really do have different tastes. I mean I thought Yuugo was the worst thing I've seen in a long time but you enjoyed that show, so...
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 05:35   Link #80
tanuki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
He looks
Spoiler:
Think Jiyu understands what a burden for Ayunosuke (and his father) the lovely eye patch has been. Which may in part be the reason why she repeatedly refuses requests to wear it.

Spoiler:
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, drama

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.